The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Thomas sighed deeply and took her hand

Oh...don't say so, darling. Harry knows perfectly who is loyal to him and who is just pretending. Wolsey made some mistakes...and now he is paying them. I pray he can have the strenght to face all this. But now...stop talking about such things. What about your day, my love?

He asked smiling, trying to change topic
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

She knew Thomas wanted to see her happy, and so she smiled at him and gently squeezed his hand. "Today I visited with Lady Eleanor Brandon, the duke of Suffolk's sister. She is a very interesting woman, very spirited and intelligent, with a pure heart. I do think we are becoming close friends." She blushed slightly, knowing she hadn't too many friends at court, she was very shy at times.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Thomas smiled weakly, a bit surprised

Lady Brandon...duke's sister, of course. I don't know her personally. But I heard she is just come back at court. And if you say she is a good person...I trust in your judgement, my love. I'm happy you're beginning having friends at court...

He said with a smile, knowing that his approval was very important for her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 am

She smiled. "Thank you, my love. Oh! But what am I doing chattering away? We must celebrate this fine occasion, for you have been elevated to a great post, and this calls for something special! Your favorite meal, perhaps? Or some of that French wine?" She looked eagerly to her husband.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Thomas laughed silently after her words

Oh...you know that I don't love wine, my darling. But I'd love one of yours good meals. I'm rather hungry...

He looked at her with love and kissed her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 am

She smiled as he kissed her hand. "I had the servants prepare it beforehand," she said shyly. She still was not used to having servants do all the menial tasks she was used to, but it made life easier. "When you are ready dear, they shall bring it out for us."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Thomas laughed again and took off his coat

Oh...I think my stomach is ready, darling. I'm starving...

He said giggling while standing up
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She smiled and nodded to a nearby servant, who left to set the table. As he returned he took Thomas' coat and led them to the chamber where the dinner was waiting.

"I do hope you're hungry, dear." She said with a shy smile as they seated themselves.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Thomas looked at the beautiful table she prepared for him. He felt happy having such a caring wife and caressed softly her cheek. Then he invited her to sit, preparing the chair for her. Once she sat, he smiled and sat in front of her

Thank you, my love. You shouldn't disturb so much for me. You know I like simple things. Tell me...how is our Margaret? I haven't seen her around court recently...

He asked, pouring some water in their glasses
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:09 am

"This was nothing, really," Alice blushed. "And you deserve it Thomas, my love, for being a wonderful husband and father." Her smile was warm as their eyes met over the candlelight. She nodded as he mentioned Margaret. "She spends most of her time reading, or praying. You know, I am so glad she isn't like the other girls here at court, swooning over young men and worrying over fashion." She thanked the servant as he poured them some water. "She has taken much after you, Thomas." she smiled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Thomas thanked servants and nodded smiling after her words

I'm very glad to hear that, dear. I know she is wise and virtuous lady, but I ask you to watch over her virginity, Alice. You know...she could become friend with some...easy girl at court. That's why I think we should wait to introduce her to William Roper...

He explained, beginning to eat his meal
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 pm

She nodded in agreement. "You are quite right! She rarely speaks to people, she is so shy. But who do you have in mind to keep her from? I know the Lady Eleanor is a good example of virtue, but I don't usually associate with many people. I think it is natural for her to be curious of men, but I will see to it that her virginity becomes the most important thing she owns, and she should give it only to her husband."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Thomas sighed

Oh...I hope so. She is so young and needs a guide. Are you sure that...lady Brandon could be a good friend for her? I mean...I heard rumors about her. Oh...but maybe it's just because of her brother's reputation...

He added quickly, trying to smile
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 am

Alice paused, her fork halfway to her mouth. She put it down. "I found Lady Brandon to be very amiable, and a goodhearted woman. She didn't even speak of men around court.. But what have you heard of her, these rumors? I'm curious now.." She knew she would be disappointed if it turned out Eleanor was anything but decent.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Thomas was eating his meal, but he had to raise his eyes to her after her question. He tried to smile again

As I told you...probably it's just a rumor. But I heard...that lady Brandon has been one of George Boleyn's mistresses in the past. I...I also heard that she slept with a married man...her latin's teacher, when she lived still in Suffolk with her brother. And...other things with other mens in court. I can't prove this, of course...but that's what people says about her...Do you still think that Margaret could learn something good from her?

He asked, noticing she was very embarassed for his words
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 am

Alice looked away, deep in thought. "Oh my.." she said at last. "She is such a beautiful woman, perhaps the rumors were created out of jealousy, or to make her brother Charles look bad? But you hear more than I do.." She shook her head to clear her thoughts. "I don't know that Margaret could learn anything from Lady Brandon.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Thomas took Alice's hand gently

As I told you...I am not sure about that, my love. You know the Duke's reputation...and maybe someone wants to ruin his sister's reputation too. But...if it is true, we have to protect our daughter. I just ask you to be careful with lady Brandon. Nothing else...

He added with a reassuring smile
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am

"Protecting Margaret and preserving her virtue is my utmost priority, darling. I shall see to it that the friends she makes are truly worthy of her, and that they are good and honorable people." She smiled at Thomas. She knew she would have to glean the truth from Eleanor herself, and that Margaret would not be allowed to see her, at least until Eleanor's name was cleared. "It scares me how people can become the subject of cruel gossip. Some people at court are so devious," she shook her head, but looked up at Thomas and smiled, knowing his mind was always on higher things.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Thomas nodded approvingly

Indeed, my love. English court is a dangerous place for a virtuous lady. But our daughter have a good exemple like you, darling. You're an exemple of virtue and wiseness. That's why I married you...

He smiled and kissed softly her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:14 am

Alice smiled as he kissed her hand. "It was my parents who taught me that self-respect is one of the most prized possessions one can have. And I am so glad to have met such a wonderful and righteous man as you, Thomas." she gazed at him lovingly, thankful for all the years they had spent together.
"It didn't take much to get me to say yes when you proposed."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Thomas smiled tenderly

And I still love you as the day I met you, Alice. You have been a devoted wife and a wonderful mother...

He sighed and rested his cheek on her hand, closing his eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 am

She smiled back warmly. "I do my best to take care of our little family. We both do. There is nothing I wouldn't do for any of you." She sighed, smiling a little. "Things are going to be good for us, with God's help."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Thomas smiled and kissed her hand again

And I thank you for giving me such lovely children, my love. I took part at Council with King, this morning. His Majesty declaired Norfolk and Brandon President of Council...

He said, turning his eyes on his meal
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:50 pm

She caught Thomas' downward glance as he mentioned Norfolk and Brandon. She knew he disapproved of Lord Brandon's womanizing ways and that he was not very fond of Norfolk or any of the Boleyns for that matter.

"Do you think they will gain much power and influence from this? Surely His Majesty would not take their words over yours. You are not only his Lord Chancellor but also one of his closest friends, since he was a teenager, long before he became king." She thought of the decades-dead Prince Arthur and said a silent prayer for him. "One thing Lords Norfolk and Suffolk have in common: they detest Cardinal Wolsey." she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Thomas nodded silently

Indeed...and now he is far from court. I guess they must be proud of themselves for that. But I know the King still loves me. He loves all our family, my darling. He showed us his favour and affection in several occasion, as you know...

He answered with a weak smile, turning his eyes to her. He tried to look relaxed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next