The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 am

His kiss was gentle, and Alice forgot all else but the warm embrace of her husband. She held him close to her, glad to be in this moment where only the two of them existed. She didn't want to ruin anything with any more words though she had so many to say.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Thomas wrapped tenderly his arms around her and kissed her again. He looked into her eyes

You'll see...I'll be at your side until my dying day, my love...

He whispered with soft, warm voice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 am

She looked deep into his eyes and smiled; those were the words she needed to hear. "I know you will, my love." She blushed as she remembered the first such promises they made when they were younger. "And you know that I am by your side in everything."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Thomas smiled and caressed softly her cheek

I hope our daughter will have an happy marriage like ours, my love. You know...other mens in court are used having mistresses. But I never wanted having someone else but you, Alice. Because you're everything I need...

He said with tenderness in his voice. Then sighed and kissed her lips again
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:37 am

"If our daughter could have even half as good a marriage as we do, she will be very blessed indeed." She smiled when he said he never wanted other women. "I am most humbled that I was all you needed. Indeed, no one else could ever turn my head. I look at you and I still feel the way I felt when we first met, when we fell so hopelessly in love." She kissed him back with so much feeling she thought she would burst.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Thomas kissed her with tenderness and wrapped his arms around her. He sighed

I'm going to interrogate an heretic. And I need you to stay at my side to give a right judgement about him. Will you stay with me, tonight?

He asked almost whispering, looking into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 am

She nodded, her eyes bright with sentiment for her dear husband. "Of course I will stay tonight. I am so touched, so honored that you want my opinion on this man." She smiled, knowing she would have spoken her mind anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Thomas smiled and nodded after her words

You know how important is your opinion to me, darling. But let's think at much more enjoyable things. I was going to have dinner. Will you keep me company?

He shook a little bell next to bed, and servants entered with dinner for them. They left plates and glasses on the table and left. Thomas stood up with a smile, holding her hand

Hope you're hungry...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 am

She felt flushed and content when he said her opinion mattered to him. "Dinner? Of course I will stay, I would stay even if you were fasting, darling," she chuckled. She watched the servants set the table and smiled at Thomas. "I am indeed very hungry!"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Thomas prepared a chair for her, and after that he sat in front of her. He crossed, mumbled a silent prayer and turned smiling to her

I heard that the King will start to celebrate Autimn Party tomorrow. It seems that he will announce his sister's wedding and Princess Cordelia's birthday during it...

He smiled and poured her some water
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Alice looked up after the prayer and smiled at the idea of a party. "That sounds delightful! It would be good to celebrate something, and I am excited to hear of the princess' engagement. And dear little Cordelia.. I've spoken with her, and she seems a very bright girl though she is also lonely. I pray she will have a wonderful time on her birthday," she took a sip of water, tasting its fresh coldness.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 am

Thomas smiled her back and started eating his soup

Would you like to join the party with me, dear? I don't like parties so much...but the King surely expects from me to join. And...I'd like dancing with you like old times...

He added with a smile
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 am

Alice beamed and could not hide her smile. "I would be honored to join you, love. And I'd be even more honored to have a few dances with you." She really missed the part of him that was not always about the king's business. She missed the husband she had, and she was glad to see she was having him returned to her. "My love, I am glad to see you are not so caught up in business as you were. It will do you good to take some time to enjoy life, you'll see. I want to take away all the stress and grievances you have over your life."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Thomas smiled after her words

Oh...maybe I have a good position at court, Alice. But I'm just a man, after all. And I need my family's warmth around me like everyone else...

He replied looking at her. Then he poured water for himself
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:18 am

She looked at him with such tenderness in her eyes, this man she has loved all these years, and this love had never wavered. Even now with as he was Lord Chancellor, she saw him only as her loving husband. "You will always have your family around you, no matter the circumstances." She reached across the table and touched her hand to his. "Without you, we would not be complete."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Thomas sighed and looked at her with love

I know...it's the same for me, my dear. If all women were virtuous and careful like you, this court would be a better place...

He added with a weak smile, meaning Anne Boleyn
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:34 pm

She smiled a little, knowing what was on his mind as he spoke of the lack of virtuous women at court. "So, how are things between you and the Boleyns?" she asked with a light tone in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Thomas sighed and looked around room

Oh...I prefer to avoid them, sincerely. That family is thirsty of power! And I can't understand why Harry doesn't realize that. I fear lust has made him blind completely...

He answered, turning his eyes to her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:43 am

She took his hand and stroked it reassuringly. "Perhaps the king is simply blinded by his lust as you say. I've no doubts Anne ha bewitched the king." She spoke plainly. "It looks not as though this infatuation will pass either. I continue to pray for His Majesty."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Thomas shrugged a bit and finished his soup

Oh...I pray all time for His Majesty, believe me. But he is so stubborn. And we can do nothing but praying. Tomorrow we'll have to greet kindly lady Anne at Autumn Party, Alice. We can't disappoint him, in spite of all this...

He took a sip from water and noticed she finished her meal too

Do you want more, my love? Some other bread...or maybe some wine?
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:33 am

She nodded, acknowledging they were indeed powerless apart from prayer. "The king is so used to having whatever he wants, and no one has ever said no to him before; no one ever dared to." She looked up as he asked if she wanted more food. "No thank you my love," she delicately wiped her mouth with a napkin. "This meal was delicious, and I was glad to be able to dine with you again. We should make a habit of it," she looked at him and smiled tenderly, her eyes warm with love.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Thomas nodded and stood up. He leaned his hand until hers

It's enough for me too, indeed. Now, I'm rather tired. Tomorrow...will be a very long day. Shall we go to sleep, my love?

He suggested smiling, helping her to stand up while holding gently her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm

She nodded as she took his hand. "Yes my love, we will need our strength for the party!"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Thomas smiled and reached the next room. After few minutes, he came back to her, wearing his nightgown. Feeling more comfortable, he lay on his bed and looked at Alice smiling, waiting for her to reach him in bed

You must be tired, my love...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 am

She wore a beautiful but simple nightgown, edged in lace at the wrists and hem. She climbed into bed next to her husband. smiling. "I am indeed, I've had a wonderful meal and interesting conversation with my love, and now I am to be spending the night in his arms." She smiled as she gave him a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's bedchamber
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next