The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Thomas kissed her back and smiled tenderly

I thank God having the true love in my arms...

He whispered, wrapping his arms around her
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Thomas retired himself in his chambers after hearing about Henry. He couldn't believe he named himself Supreme Head of the Church, denying Pope's authority. He knelt in front of the cross and kept on praying

Pàter nòster, qui es in caelis,
sanctificètur nomen tùum, advèniat regnum tùum,
fiat volùntas tua sìcut in caelo et in terra;
panem nostrum cotidiànum dà nobis hòdie,
et dimìtte nobis dèbita nostra
sìcut et nos dimìttimus debitòribus nostris,
et ne nos indùcas in tentatiònem,
sed lìbera nos a malo.
Amen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Thomas entered in his room after talking with Norfolk. He knew that Cromwell had a new pupil, and this clergyman will surely support Henry's cause against Katherine. He felt the strong need to ask God's help. So he knelt in front of the cross and started praying. While praying, suddenly the nun of Kent's words came in his mind

Ave Maria, gràtia plena,
Dòminus tècum, benedìcta tu in mulièribus,
et benedìctus fructus vèntris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatòribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nòstrae.
Amen
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 pm

It was night. Thomas was sleeping in his bed with Alice at his side. Everything looked calm and paceful around them

Suddenly he woke up, screaming. He was sweated and scared, and his breath became faster. He just had a terrible nightmare

Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:32 am

She felt her husband next to her, struggling in his sleep and screaming. "Thomas!" she called out. "Thomas, what is it??"

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:24 am

Thomas was breathing deeply. He was sweated and looked around room with empty eyes

I saw it...I saw it!

He wispered

Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am

"What? What did you see?" she asked desperately.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 am

Thomas was still breathing

I knew it since long time. I knew that Luther and Tyndale were false prophets. There were too many signals...

Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:33 am

Thomas' behavior was beginning to unravel Alice's already frayed nerves. In a calm, firm voice she asked "I still don't understand...what did you see?"

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Thomas closed his eyes for a short while. Then he looked at her with an hallucinated expression on his face

The Beast. The Antichrist! And he is very close, Alice...

Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:41 am

She gently put her arm around him, fearful of the things going on in his overworked mind.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 am

Thomas closed his eyes and let her hugging him. With a deep sigh, he slowly leaned his head on pillow again, holding tightly Alice's hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 am

She'd not seen her husband much recently and hoped that if he needed to unburden his heart to her, he would. She knocked gently then opened the door slowly. "Husband? It's only I, Alice."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Thomas was sitting next to window. He was reading the Bible. As he heard knocking, he closed the book and looked at the door

Alice...come in, please...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:37 pm

She walked in, smiling as she saw her husband. She went and lovingly put her arms around him. "You've been very busy, haven't you? I've missed your company.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Thomas smiled and kissed her back. He gestured her to sit next to him

I missed you too, Alice. Sorry for neglecting you so much. But recent events kept me very busy. How are you, my love?

He asked lovingly, placing the Bible on his lap
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 am

She took a seat next to him and smoothed out her skirts. "I understand, dear. I've come to terms that your work is very important. I am just glad our love has not grown bitter, like some others at court," she replied, thinking of Elizabeth and Thomas Cromwell. "I've been very well, spending much time with Lady Elizabeth Cromwell. She longs to get away from court for a time and see new places. She's asked our Margaret and myself to come with her."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Thomas looked surprised at her

Lady Cromwell...really? I talked with her too, recently. But I knew nothing about this...plan of hers . You and Margaret can go with her, of course. I think you both need spending more time together...

He smiled and squeezed softly her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:46 pm

"Likely she wanted to make sure it was set that we would go. But I'm glad you think it's a good idea. It will be nice to get away and spend some time with my dear friend and daughter." She squeezed his hand back. "And what of you, husband? How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Thomas took a breath but he kept his smile

I'm fine, my love. Just a bit worried for Fisher. I have no news of him since a while. And...about Margaret. I think she feels a bit unloved by me...

He took another breath. He looked around room, like he wanted to remove bad thoughts from his mind, and turned towards Alice again

However...the King asked my opinion about such religious matters. I guess I'll have to show my position again...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 am

Alice's eyes grew wide. "I imagine poor Bishop Fisher has made a lot of enemies after his speech. As for Margaret, well a girl her age often feels that way. She is making her own mark on the world and sometimes the differences between herself and her family. It will pass, but it would be nice for the two of you to spend some time together," she offered."Please dear, do be careful. The king may be baiting you. He sees you as his last hope to be on his side. He desperately wants to be right but he knows he is not."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Thomas smiled weakly once more time. He looked lovingly at her and nodded

Yes...maybe you'll right. I shall be patient with Margaret. About the King, I'm not the only one at court who disapproves his marriage with Anne Boleyn. The Duke of Suffolk himself...for istance. So...if neither Brandon can convince him to give up...who else can? Only God, I suppose...

He added with a deep sigh and raising his eyes to celing
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 am

Alice nodded. "Then it will either take a miracle, or a disaster. I pray it is the former."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Thomas took her hand and kissed it deeply

Thank you, my love. I would be lost without you. Henry is stubborn. But he still cares for us. And I want to see my children growing up happily...

He smiled lovingly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

"You will," she said in a soft voice, a smile warming up her features. "The king loves you as he does a father, and no matter how upset he may get or how besotted he is with this Boleyn woman, that love and respect for you will never change." She gave him a soft kiss on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's bedchamber
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next