The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Tres Joli Smile
Oh, I love blue!
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:56 am

I enter my bedroom just as the maids leave, leaving behind a large basin-like tub filled to the brim with steamy, hot water scented with Lavender and Jasmine. I smile enthusiastically, and quickly undress, leaving only my chemise to cover my body as I lie in the hot water. I lean my head back against the cool tub, and though I close my eyes in thought, I cannot help but think constantly. Why am I so very tired? Why do I tire so easily these days? Surely I do not age so dramatically? Surely being at this new and English court means I am to be in the land of the young and living. I cannot possibly be as old as I feel. I look at my hands and touch my face, and assure myself that I am still young, though seemingly alone and unmarried. I lie down further in the tub until my full body lies underneath the bubbly warm water, and as I hold my breath, I make a pact: to always appear the center of attentions and affections, to be more than myself, and to marry and make my family proud.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 am

I enter my bedroom and close the door quickly behind me, feeling my cheeks grow warm and red. I touch my hands to them and rub my temples, trying to concentrate.
Think, think, think, think, think! Who can I speak to? Who?! I know things!
I do know things, don’t I?...Ugh! I know nothing! Nothing of this court!!...Think, think! Who can I speak to? Who can I get on my side?!
I begin to pace frustrated.
I must find some high courtiers, some ladies perhaps. I must find some servants whose mouths I can control for mine ear alone. I need someone who knows everything and will only work in my favor!!
And I need to speak to the king.
I stop pacing.
I need to speak to his majesty. I need to let him know that I offer my services for the good of the crown and the good of his court. I must let him know that I work for his discretion and report to him only. And I must make sure I either join Wolsey…or work against him.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I enter a large chamber, decorated in tapestries and blue furniture. I look around the room nervously, clutching my straw hat in my hands along with my small knapsack as I catch sight of a neatly dressed woman seated at a writing desk, busily writing a letter.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 pm

I sense someone in the room with me, and turn to see a very young woman.
“Can I help you?” I frown slightly. This cannot be...her, can it? I think to myself

Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I remember what my papa told me, and try to give my best curtsey, though I stumble slightly in the dress that is too large.
My name is Luisa Norburton, ma’am,” I nod nervously, “I am sent here to work for the Countess, Madeline De Fontanay.”
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 am

My eyes rise slightly in horror, though I make sure to wipe the expression away quickly. Good heavens, she looks like a child, I think. This is the maid who is supposed to help me at my duties for the crown?...this is the maid who will be delivering my messages and writing in my interests?
I am the Countess de Fontanay,” I stand to my feet. I begin to pace around her, noting the dirtiness of her hair, complexion and gown, along with its bagginess as though the dress were not meant for her.
Please, quickly tell me about yourself,” I speak, “how old you are, where you are from…why you are here?”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Ma’am,” I swallow as she paces around me. “I am just turned seventeen…I am from Dorset, very much near the coast, and I am here to work for you so that I may save some of my pay, and send the rest to my papa in Dorset.” I look at the old tapestries of the room, “my papa fought as a captain in the war between the two houses…but that was a long time ago.”
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:19 am

And where is your mama?...you did not mention her.” I cannot help but often notice when others mention not their mother.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:53 pm

I look down, blinking, so that I do not cry, though my face grows warm. “She died when I was very young, ma’am...it has only been me and my papa."
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm

I see the young girl’s sadness and know truly it hurts her to not have had a mother. I know very well what it was like to not have a mother…or not much of one.
“I am sorry,” I nod.
I look her very seriously in the eye. “I must be very blunt with you, Luisa, you are not what I was expecting.”
I begin to pace around the room, “I was hoping to have a lady old enough to follow specific direction and command, to carry out specific and certain services, and old enough to stay out of trouble and to be intelligent and a step ahead of most.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

“I learn quickly, ma’am,” I start to panic slightly. “My papa raised me to be kind and to do as I’m told and to always help…and this lady in town taught me how to read and write,” I start to stutter, as I often do when I am nervous.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:12 am

“Be calm,” I hold up a hand, “I do not mean I would send you back home,” I laugh. “I only mean you are not what I was expecting, but it is clear I shall have to teach you a few things.”I start to pace about the room, again. “This job, I warn you, requires not only your duties, but also…others.”I turn on my heel to face her. “Luisa…I am on a mission here in England to collect certain information about certain people, that I may return to the king…and the king has informed me of his permission to collect information from the French court as well.”I see Luisa’s expression.
“However, that explanation is for another time.” I begin to pace, again. “For now I shall tell you, that before I receive breakfast, I attend mass, everyday…at breakfast it matters not what I get, yet I take a cup of milk every morning,” I stop, “And at night I take a goblet of Hypocras for color before I go to bed.”I begin to look at her dress, again. “I see you are in need of wardrobe,” I nod, “I’ll buy you some dresses, but only a few, when you earn your pay you shall have to yourself.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 pm

I listen to my employer attentively and nod, trying to remember all she tells me, and feel a slight rise of joy at the mention of new dresses.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 am

“You’ll have one ball gown I shall buy for you, and the rest shall be for everyday wear and mass,” I list off. “Your room is that way,” I point to a small door to the right.
“I expect you to be up and ready every morning for your duties and mass, preferably face washed, hair clean…you represent me, and I’ll not have you looking like a banshee.” I give a faint laugh, “we wouldn’t want that, now would we?”
“Also, I must warn you that you are, in fact, very pretty to the eye,” I look at her seriously, “when one is an unmarried maid at court it is very easy to attract a few gentlemen’s wandering eyes.” I place my hand on her shoulder, “yet I’ll not tolerate any unladylike conduct or actions or wantonness with men’s affections.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 pm

I shake my head furiously, “oh, no, of course not, ma’am…there is nothing to worry about.” I look down at my straw hat, “I doubt any of them would notice me, anyway.”
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 pm

I give a faint smile, “then we understand each other.” I return to my seat at the writing desk, “I’ll give you today off to look around the palace for familiarity, and you have every Sunday off.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:30 pm

I give a curtsey, excited to be able to have a day of rest from my journey. “Thank you ma’am!”
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:55 am

I give a nod and wave, pointing to the room to the right, and quickly, I am left with the sound of my own writing as she leaves the room.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 pm

A servent enter the room and bring a letter to Madeline from her cousin Emilie de Fontanay.

My dear cousin,

I feel well, thank you, but indeed I am in mourning from the lost of my best friend the princess Margaret, but I know that she is in better place, I hadn't notice your presence but I was in so deep sadness that I have nearly notice nobody's presence, my mind was totally elsewhere.
What about you, how are you ? I don't even knowed that you was in England, I thought you was in France.
Yes, I allow you to spend as much time as you want at Fontanay castle, after all you are a member of the family, my sister is still there, my oncle, aunt and their children are surely there too, so you will not be alone.
Like you know, I am at english court too currently, but I can join you at Fontanay castle indeed, I hadn't return there since I have leave it six years ago, so I would be very happy to see it again the place where I have grow up, I can't tell you exactly when it will be possible for me to go there, but I will let you know if I am there before you and let me know if you arrive there before me, anyway, I wouldn't be able to stay there for long either.

Kisses

Emilie, Comtesse de Fontanay

Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 pm

I hurry into my ladyship's chambers, hearing the distress in her voice and give a curtsey, "Ladyship?"
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:40 am

“Luisa, it is to my understanding,” I begin to pace, somewhat confused myself. “I think you shall be alone for quite some time, for soon I shall be returning to my cousin’s home of Fontanay and to the French Court.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Luisa’s eyes rise and she cannot help but feel excited at what her employer says. “And…will I be able to go with you, ladyship?”
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:44 pm

A servent bring to Madeline a answer from her cousin.

Chère cousine,

I guess that it's must be uncommun business since you can't tell me, I advice to be careful, it's often turn very badly for people who do uncommun business for the king, I hope that you know what you do.
You must be glad to have find a servent for do the work, I hope that you are satisfied by her services, it's good that you form her, you are surely learn much things at the nunnery.
I am not yet sure to can come, it don't depend only on me, but if I can, I will be happy to join you at the castle and to see the all family again, I hadn't see them again since a so long time.
Yes, indeed, I recall to have recieve you there many times while our childhood, the big and warm family fetes that we made together with the whole family, I love so much this castle and it's domain wehre I have grow up !
I hope that it have remain the wonderful place that I have always know since my birth, I am sure that it is so, oncle Jean and tante Virginie love so much this castle and it's domain that they surely keep on managing it very well, their children have grow up too and now they must help them in it.
Yes, don't hesitate to inform me of your departure and arrival, I will also tell you about me, it's promised, I wish to see you again there soon.

Affectueusement,
Emilie de Fontanay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next