The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I shake my head, “not this time, I’m afraid, dear girl.”
I stop my pacing. “I need you to stay here to receive any news or word I am expecting,” I look at her very seriously, “while I am gone, you shall be working and acting in my behalf…this is your first test as my lady in waiting, and I hope you will take it with the utmost seriousness, as this can be a dangerous game we play.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Luisa looked around the room uncomfortably, not knowing quite what she had gotten herself into.
“What will I have to do?” she blinks, lifting her head high to accept her responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 am

I smile, impressed that the girl that stands before me is willing to do a proper job as my lady in waiting. “For the next few days, I will be teaching you all I know…and I shall trust you to be aloof and to keep these things to yourself.”I begin to pace around, again. “While I am in France, I shall be on business, though no one shall know of this…I will send in letters my findings, findings which you shall report to a list of certain people, as well,” I stop, “as his majesty.”
“While I am gone, you shall also be receiving information that you are to send to me, and you shall also have to retrieve much information yourself.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Luisa blushes slightly, hearing that there is good chance she will be seeing his majesty on her behalf. In her time so far at court, she had not yet seen the king, and had heard much word that he was handsome to behold. Yet she listened intently, knowing her mistress relied a great deal upon her to handle her duties while she was away in France.
“And what are these things you will teach me?”
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 am

I give Luisa a smile and go to the door of my bedroom and open it, to check for any listeners, though there is good chance there will be none. I turn to her and look her, again, very seriously in the eye.
“Luisa…I will be teaching you all I know about the art of espionage.” I pace, again, “I will be teaching you how to decipher and write coded letters, receive information and how to always be ready and keep your eyes open.”
I give her another smile and take a seat at my bed. “I will teach you how to dress to receive letters, how to stay in the shadows and to remain unseen, and also to carry yourself with intelligence, so that you are more trusting.”
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Luisa nods, "alright, ladyship...I want to learn," I smile.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:06 am

Having had her time in France cut short, yet again, Madeline entered her bedroom tiredly, placing her hollowed out book on the table beside the window. She looked to the foot of the bed, finding her trunk seated before it and she smiled faintly.

She had acquired quite a few new gowns from France, and she was eager to wear them at court as they had been created for her purpose: long sleeves, as always, yet a low cut bodice that could easily be made modest with lace or silk.

She shook her head, shaking the frivolous thoughts away as she removed the fur cloak around her shoulders. She knew there was much work to be done at court, as this was a new court. With the old queen gone, and Anne Boleyn ascending the throne, Madeline knew she had her work cut out for her. She knew there was no time to waste, as every moment she waited, another secret went uncovered...

"Luisa!!" she called, hoping the girl she had met such a long time ago would hear her.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Luisa heard the yell from her room, and her eyes widened in slight shock.

She stumbled into Madeline's chamber, made nervous, as she hadn't seen her employer in quite some time since she left for France.

She dipped into a shaky curtsey, her cheeks reddening. "My lady."
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 am

Madeline turned as she took her gloves off. She gave a quick smile.

"As you see, I am back," she held her hands out to the side. She stepped forward, looking the young girl in the eyes, seriously. "Have you kept to your duties and studies? Have you delivered the appropriate letters?"

She turned away before Luisa could answer and she glided quickly to one of her trunks, opening it as she looked through the gowns and accessories. "We have quite a bit of work to do," she spoke over her shoulder. "Since the lady Anne Boleyn is rumored to be the future queen we must make sure we are on the side of the rising family, and must work for their cause." She pulled out a light blue gown and tossed it to Luisa, "We must speak to Secretary Cromwell, and Ambassador Boleyn, and her ladyship's brother, Lord Rochford and all the new Boleyn and Howard family."

She turned back as she glided toward the window embrasure, looking out over the Thames below.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Luisa nodded nervously. "Yes, my lady." She did not like the idea of such underhanded scheming, but she knew this was the only way for her to stay at court.

She took the dress in her hands, looking at the fabric as she turned it over and over in her fingers. "Oh, thank you, thank you, my lady!!" she beamed. She wanted to try it on immediately but she knew the day would be very busy at the return of her employer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber   Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madeline De Fontanay's bedchamber
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2