The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Hunting in the Forest

Go down 
+6
Henry Norris
Anthony Knivert
Thomas Wyatt
Francis Bryan
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry Norris
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Henry Norris

Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:53 am

He knew his face turned red with embarassment when Sir Francis mentioned women. He would never bandy Madge's name about the way some men boasted their conquests.

When Sir Anthony spoke to him Henry sat up in his saddle to his full height. "Yes sir, that I am. Both a jouster, and very good. The best." He said firmly, eyeing everyone in the group.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am

Thomas smile to Charles as he answer him about his wishs for his new marriage and he ask him.

I guess that you must look forward having children from her ?, because you hadn't got children from your first marriage, do you ?

He glance at François and chuckle.

Indeed, it's seem that there is many marriages lately.

He turn to the king and chuckle again at his words, hearing Henry's words in his back, his eyes grow wider in surprise because he is so young still that hardly imagine him being best jouster of the kingdom, but if he tell so, it's must be true, so he feel quite impressed.
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Cesare finally arrived on his horse and he looked at the men feeling a little tense as he had his bow and arrow with him 'Majesty, forgive me for being late..I was speaking with my Sister" he said and he nodded to the rest of the men a smile easing its way onto his lips as he recognized well..all of them.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm

I break into song, singing "Pastime with good company" one that Henry personally wrote. My singing is quite off key but I care not.

"Really Norris? Best in the land? But you've barely left your wet nurse!" I joke with him. I miss my own jousting days.

"Welcome sir!" I greet the next to arrive, he is not familiar to me.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

"Charles nodded at Wyatt's question with a smile"

Of course...even if I've already children, as you know. Lady Anna Stafford is carrying our fifth child...

"He explained, even realizing it could seem a bit confusing. Suddenly he heard an horse's noise and noticed another gentleman joined them"

Welcome, my lord...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Thomas nodd, recalling about the duchess of buchigham and their children.

Ah yes, I recall now ... I hope that they are going well.

He turn in hearing a man joining them, talking to the king, he recognize him for being the brother of the duchess whom her sister serve, who he know only of view, he bow slighty.

Your grace.
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Cesare looked at the men and bowed his head lightly to them 'Thankyou, for the warm greetings..Are we waiting for many more to arrive?" he asked as he looked around and then back at the men and he then cleared his throat 'Forgive me, for those who do not know me, I am Cesare Garcia".
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Henry Norris wrote:
He knew his face turned red with embarassment when Sir Francis mentioned women. He would never bandy Madge's name about the way some men boasted their conquests.

When Sir Anthony spoke to him Henry sat up in his saddle to his full height. "Yes sir, that I am. Both a jouster, and very good. The best." He said firmly, eyeing everyone in the group.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud "The best you say, at such a young age? Humm..I think we have a jousting tournament coming up. There you can prove your worth." I nudge Francis and smirk.

I then notice another gentleman join the group. He announces himself as Garcia. I didn't know Alfonsina had a brother. He had my intrigue. "Welcome Master Garcia!" I said wanting to get to know him.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Henry greeted the just arrived man with a nod of his head

Your Grace...I'm glad you're here with us. Everyone is relative or close to lady Alfonsina is welcome in my presence. Hope you'll enjoy this day...

He turned to other mens with firm voice

We'll start once the Dukes of Norfolk and Westmoreland will reach us, my lords. In the meanwhile, prepare your bows and get ready...
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am

Henry's ears pricked up when he heard of a jousting tournament. He knew he would need practice but he would be ready. He wanted to prove his worth to Madge more than anyone else. At the king's command he readied his bow, making sure it was strung perfectly, not too tight. And his arrows waited in his quiver. He reached back and touched them. He had several competitors among the men today.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 am

I took my bow and tightened the string, I took my arrows and had a look at them. Some looked a bit dull. "Damn that fletcher! I paid him to do a job yet he still fails" I nod my head. "So master Norris what other sports do you like?" I asked
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 am

Thomas nodd at the king's words, he check on his bow a last time, glance to his quiver filled with arrows, making sure he can reach it easely, then once he is reassured about his material, he look around, admiring the feathers in the trees that have take splendous colours, in yellow, orange and red hues, while feeling melancolical as he know that it's announce also the arrival of the long and frozen winter, thinking to make a poem about it.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I give a loud laugh as we're told to get ready. Bow? Check. Arrows? Very sharp. The tip of one pokes through my leather glove and cuts me slightly. "Well! Anthony take some of these, you'll need it against the master marksman!" I said, motioning to Norris. I glanced over at Wyatt and saw him deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 am

He smiled as he thought of his other hobbies. "I enjoy all sports, and proudly say I excel in most. You will see that hunting is one of them, apart from archery. I always hit my target," he looked off into the distance, preparing himself for the hunt, laughing at Francis's quip.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:16 am

I laughed as he bragged about his talents, as I didn't see any ladies to impress. I smirked, "Well now is your chance to prove your 'outstanding' abilities" I said sarcastically, I always liked giving the new guys a hard time.
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Cesare checked his bow and arrow, yes they were all in check. He looked around as they waited for the other men to arrive his dark eyes scanning the surroundings and he looked back to the men as he was amused by their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I roll my eye as I hear Norris bragging. "Just because some milk maid who you rolled in the hay with said you're the best doesn't mean its true about everything."

I glanced at Cesare, appreciating his quiet attitude. "Signore.." I nod to him.
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Cesare looked at Francis and he nodded his head back "My Lord" he said as he put his bow and arrow back in place.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

As a boy, my father would take my brother Edward and I, out hunting and taught us how to string a bow and to seek the best prey. Although, I had not been on a hunt in quite sometime but, I would be a fool to turn down an invitation from his majesty.

I wasn't one to brag like this Norris man, however I did hope to catch something.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

After receiving King's invitation, Royce rode his white horse until the Sun Forest. He hardly knew King's friends, and felt rather nervous. Especially because very few of them knew that he will be King's brother in law soon. A Prince of England. Like Charles Brandon himself was before him. He stopped his horse slowly and bowed at Henry respectfully. Then greeted other gemtlemen around him

Your Majesty...my lords. I'm Royce Westmoreland. It's an honour being among you...
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Henry smiled with a nod at Royce's arrival. He turned to other men

My lords...I introduce you the Duke Royce Westmoreland. My future brother in law. His wedding with my sister Mary Rose will be announced during Autumn Party in these days...

He said proudly
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:28 am

Henry smiled and greeted the duke, politely ignoring Bryan's comment. "Congratulations your grace,"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 am

Norfolk drove his horse up the hill, knowing very well he was late but being the eldest, he supposed they would make their bets and talk about women untill he arrived.
He reached the men and nodded respectfully to the king, his eyes wandered over the group.

Your Majesty, my Lords... state matters kept me from you, but here I am. He saw Brandon and raised an eyebrow while speaking, looking significant at him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

"Charles greeted Norfolk's arrival with a nod, preparing his bow and arrows to finally start the hunt. Everyone were waiting for King's order to start"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Thomas is taken out of his thoughts in hearing the arrival of the duke, he turn to him, then after the king's words, understanding the importance that the man have for the king as his future brother-in-law, he tell him.

Congratultaitons for your future marriage, your grace.

He turn to Thomas Howard as he join them at his turn, looking at him with suspicion as he have always feel that this man is powerful, influent and potentially dangerous, he look away and turn to the king.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting in the Forest
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: OUT OF ROLEPLAY :: Dusty Shelves-
Jump to: