The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Kenninghall

Go down 
+9
Anne Rose Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Catherine Carey
Muriel Howard
Catherine Howard
Sabrina Howard
Mary Dawn
Mary Boleyn
Thomas Howard
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Catherine Carey
Schoolgirl
Catherine Carey

Kenninghall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Very rarely did young Catherine travel on sometimes to court and Hever castle but never to anywhere else. It was by invitation of a great uncle that Catherine was to travel and be by her mother's side at this gathering of family it seemed. Her hair spiraled down in ringlets with the biggest yet modest white bow placed perfectly to the side of her head. A doll given to her by Aunty Anne traveled everywhere with Catherine. And so for this occasion she had it tucked under her arm. Being led into the great hall of people chattering to one another Catherine quickly found her mother and clung to her mother's hand.

Young she might be she was not a child, you could hide things from. She knew that this was important also a chance to show people that her mother was a wonderful mother. One who never shied away from the responsibility when it came to her family.
Back to top Go down
Muriel Howard
Duchess of Norfolk
Muriel Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Mary Boleyn wrote:
"She is very well. " Mary smiles "I'm surprised we hadn't met each other often like cousins should." Mary says "Now that we have met, I hope we see each other more at Whitehall."

I don't see why not Mary I am sure court shall be rather fun having your company. Mary was so very different to her father, perhaps she sought a more peaceful life. Indeed to have all the attention on you must come with a great burden.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 am

"Indeed." Mary smiles as her young Catherine approaches behind her. "Of course you have heard my sister is on her way to become Queen, yes?" She didn't know why she would ask that question to a Howard when all the Boleyn's and all of the Howard's have heard.
Back to top Go down
Muriel Howard
Duchess of Norfolk
Muriel Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:21 am

I smiled at the little girl who resembled Mary in many of her features. How could I not forget the lavish hunt that Thomas Boleyn had held for the king from that moment on the Boleyn's never left his life. But it was not all Thomas, Anne alone had captured the king's affections and they were truly in love. The king loves Anne and vice versa I only wish that you to Mary find the happiness you so deserve. Remember us women are stronger than men.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 11:35 am

I heard of the news of Catherine's arrival with her mother and I went to speak to her: "Welcome how are you Catherine?".
I go and see Mary: "How nice it is to see your children Mary thanks".
Back to top Go down
Catherine Carey
Schoolgirl
Catherine Carey

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Catherine curtsied eyeing up the man who loomed over her like a high tower. She wasn't sure just who he was perhaps he had come to see Catherine when she was just a babe. In a clear, educated than she cleared her voice and replied.

I am well thank you sire
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Good I am glad to hear it do you like me or not?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Carey
Schoolgirl
Catherine Carey

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Poor little Catherine she had only come to be with her mother because although just young, she knew what this family was like. How could she possibly answer such a question she did not know this man and the childish question he was asking.

I do not know you to make assumptions as to what kind of person you are.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 11:25 pm

It isn't right to just ask a young child if she likes a person or not when she had just met them. "You can't just ask her that kind of question, Uncle" Mary had a look on her face as if his manners were different than normal "Like a small turtle, you must wait for her to come out."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 1:13 pm

"Sorry my Lady Let me no when I can speak to her then?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 1:21 am

Thomas Howard wrote:
" You are always welcome here Catherine and I hope that you enjoy your stay" I tell her

"Indeed I shall! Thank you again Your Grace."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 pm

"You are welcome my lady Catherine come whenever you want"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, Lord Privy Seal
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 am

Thomas arrived in the late afternoon on request of his brother in law. Interested to see what Thomas Howard wanted, Boleyn waited for his announcement.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:25 am

I heard of Boleyn's arrival at Kenninghall and I inform the servant to take him to my study and that I would see him later when I returned from Whitehall.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Mary came to her family's home when summoned by her Father. She went into the dining room and asked the servant to serve her some tea while she waited.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Ah Mary how are you getting on?

When your mother arrives we shall discuss things.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Stafford Howard
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:47 pm

* I see them both as I enter the room* Ahhhhh dearest how are you doing *giving her a hug and kiss her cheek, looking at Thomas*
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I am relieved that at last Mary can speak to her mother who has come home and I go and offer them both a glass of ale.

So tell us Mary how have you been doing lately?
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 am

Mary was about to speak to her father when she saw her mother walk into the room. Mary hugged her back tightly then she spoke softly. "There is nothing going on with me, I am merely a pawn at court for now and there is no man who wants me." She held her tongue and refused to speak about Francis to them.
Back to top Go down
Anne Rose Howard
Duchess of Norfolk
Anne Rose Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 am

I arrive at Kenninghall following the summons and wait to be announced.
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Sweetheart I am glad that you are well and I am sure that someone would be honored to be your husband. That is what your father and I wished to talk to you about *smiles gently and touches her hand.*
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Yes Mary your mother is right we want to speak to you and why would any man not marry my beautiful daughter.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 am

Mary smiled nervously at her mother feeling her touch on her hand. "I have no answer Father. What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked looking from her Mother to her Father.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 4:57 am

We want to talk to you about your marriage Mary and we think it is important that our daughter should be wed.
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Sweetheart, your father and I would want for you to marry a man of good standing. A gentleman who can take care of you in the way you should be treated. But I don't understand that a gentleman at court would not seek your hand in marriage. In any case your father and I will consider a man for you that we will make sure that he is worthy of our daughter. Mary why do you look so troubled, I hope that you know that you can tell us anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenninghall
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Cities :: Norfolk-
Jump to: