The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anne of Cleves's bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Anne feel relieved to see Richard calm down and admit that he is responsable of the situation for having commit this sin, even if he seem to try to minimize the deadly sin that he have commit.

I understand that you have can do mistakes, all the humans being sinners do mistakes and the devil send us tentations in permanence, but you should have wonder if a moment of pleasure with her did worth risk to lost you soul.

She feel happy as he talk about asking God's forgiveness.

I am glad to hear it, without God in you, your soul would be lost and go in hell, if you show him a sincere repentance and expiate, he will maybe forgive you in His immense goodness.

She take a deep inspiration as he ask to don't cause her damage, meaning that she must keep the secret, obviously trying to use her love for the queen.

Your majesty, I have tell to the cardinal Timmerman what he had to know and it was the only role that I have to play and want to play in this affair, whatever he will decide to do of it in his great wiseness, I have nothing to do with anymore. And about her majesty, I hope above all that she will not have to suffer of it and I will pray for both of you.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Richard nodded and sighed deeply

Thank you for your prayers, my lady. It's true...I made a mistake. A great sin. And I'll reconcile myself with God as soon as possible. But you, lady Anne...don't commit the mistake to throw my Kingdom into a scandal. My Queen could be very upset because of this. Then...say to Timmerman that I'll talk with him soon...

He paused for a while, before adding

You're a clever and sensitive girl, lady Anne. I'm sure you could be upset too, one day. Think about it...My lady...

He looked meaningfully at her. Then he bowed with his head and left her room

Last edited by Richard Meyer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:03 am

Anne remain impassible before the king's threatening, holding her head highly, sure of the rightness of her decision to have tell what happened to Timmerman and that whatever will be its consequences for the king, it will be his own fault and his mistress's fault and if she hadn't talk to Timmerman, then they both would had certainly go in hell, Gold would has been offensed and the consequences on the country would has been terrible.
She courtsey fastly and simply answer.

Your majesty.

Once he have leave, she rush to the other door of her room, open it for let enter her brother who have listen everything and hug her, fecilitate her for having remain strong and inflexible before the king.
They sat side by side on a sofa near to the chimney, and talk together a long moment, reassure her that the religious autorities trust her fully and that the investigations are running well and that she will be protected, so she should be feared of the king's menaces.
She nodd, smiling, assure him that she isn't feared anymore and they change of topic and talk of lighter things.

Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:25 pm

A servant entered in the room and left a note

To Their Graces Anne and Amelia, Duchesses of Cleves

My dearest Anne and Amelia,
I would be delighted having you at my court for summer. With your brother Duke William's permission, I offer you a very good and pleasant time with my Queen Eleanor and myself. Please, consider my Palace as your own home

Respectfully

Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 pm

In the afternoon, Anne lay down her large bed, putting her hands on her stomach, she look at the sky through the windows, perfectly relaxed, the air dreamy, she feel a familiar envy of escaping of her monotonous uses and she feel the envy to go somewhere alone, just for a little time.
She reflect where she could go, then decide on taking a walk in the forest, she adore the forest, it's her preferred place and there, she could be quiet, so she get up, put her shoes and leave her room,.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm

After a walk in the gardens, I wanted to see my sister Anne. So I made my way through the long corridor of Linderhof palace and to her chambers. I knocked softy at her door.

"Anne, are you in?" I said wondering if she would recognize my voice.

Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Anne, sat in a armchair, reading a book, rise her eyes from her book in hearing knocking, then recognizing her little sister's voice, she smile and answer her sweetly.

Yes, I am here Amelia, come in.

She put her book aside and turn to look at the doorway.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 am

I entered the room and smiled widely as i saw my sister. "Anne!" I said excitedly. I was so happy to see after so long. I gave her a hug and looked up at her, since she towered over me.

"How are you? I've missed you very much!"
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Anne smile as she see enter her little sister.

Amelia ! come there !

She open her arms to her, she is so happy to see her because she hadn't see her since a long time since she was at the school where they did go together since many years until herself have become too old and had to live it, two years ago.
As Amelia come in her arms and hug her, she hug her back tightly, then look down at her since she is a full head taller than her and she answer her.

I am well, what about you ? I have miss you so very much too !
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:38 pm

It was so good to see my older sister. She somehow looked different, older, perhaps even wiser. I couldn't wait to sit and talk about all that has happened.
I walked over and jumped on bed and crossed my legs

"Tell me Anne, what has been going here since my departure? How's Mama and Papa?" I asked interested to know all what I missed.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Anne can't stop to grin from ear to ear from the happiness that she feel from seeing again her adored little sister, she have miss so much to don't see her regulary anymore like when she was still at the school with her.
She giggle softly in seeing her jumping on her bed and cross her legs, she jump on bed at her turn and sat by her side, she put her arm around her shoulders tenderly and answer her.

Mama and papa are going well, don't worry ...

She reflect a moment, thinking to all happened since her departure, then smile and tell her.

Usual things, we have make a few feasts, have recieve visits from many people ... William has been ill recently but fortunately, he have recover fully ...

She add, the air serious suddenly, thinking to her potential future husband.

Papa have betrothe me ... to a french duke.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:50 pm

I hugged Anne back as we sat on the bed. Just seeing her in front of me face to face made me so happy!

My face then frowned when I heard of my brother's health. I knew William was strong and would make a strong recovery. My siblings meant the world to me I didn't know what I would do without them.

I then smiled as Anne tells me that she is betrothed. "Oh Anne, how exciting!! who is this duke? is he handsome, when can I meet him?" I asked very intrigued with this news.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Anne look at her sister wiht tenderness, seeing emotions on her face, Amelia had always been very emotive, expressive and spontanous girl easy to understand.
She smile as Amelia question her, being obviously all thrilled, then she giggle.

Amelia one question at once !

She siggle again, amused by her sister's reaction then grow serious in recalling of her encounter with this boy who hadn't really please her.

His name is François, he is the son of the duke of Lorraine and so I guess that himself is duke of Lorraine too. Hum ... I hadn't find him handsome, nor ugly, I will see when he will grow up, his father is rather handsome.

She reflect and answer her.

I don't know, in fact i don't know when I will see him again myself ... maybe his father will pay us a visit again ...
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 am

I was so excited at her news I couldn't contain myself. I listened to her trying to picture what this duke looked like as she described him. "Do you have a painting?" I asked hoping I could see what she saw. "I'm very happy for you sister, perhaps in the future I will be betrothed as well." I said as I hugged her happily.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm

She smile, even if she isn't herself joyful about this idea, because she is amused by Amelia's excitment and joyfullness, she shake her head.

No, I hadn't got painting of him, Amelia ... you will surely see him anyway if he come to visit us again with his father, or if he don't, you will probably see him at the ceremony of marriage, if it's fully arranged properly. But he have nothing of extraordinary.

She hug her back tenderly, while hoping that this marriage would be annulated, like it happen often after all in royal and noble marriage.

Thank you, you are kind ... Yes maybe ... as third girl of the family, our elder daughter being married, you are in second position for marriage ... which it's a chance because so you will not have much pressure for get married and will probably escape to a too early marriage, but if you really want to get married in the future, it will surely be possible for you.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 am

I listened to her and nodded my head trying to understand. "I do hope I get to meet him, for he will be family." As she spoke of me someday being married, I became giddy inside. "Oh Anne! do you really think I could be married soon?" I excited about the idea of marriage, even though I didn't quite understand it.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Anne nodd to her, showing not any enthousiasm at the idea of this boy she don't like become her husband nor join her family, she shrugg.

You will surely encounter him if the marriage is indeed made, but it can be in a very long time, theses things take a long time.

She smile slighty, hoping secretly that it will be in a very very long time and that maybe the two fathers, hers and the duke's will change their mind and annule the arrangement, after all these things happen too.

Anne giggle softly in seeing Amelia so excited about getting married, thinking that at her age, she have probably no idea of what marriage really mean and imply, she surely see it like in fairytales, they have live happy and had many children ... she prefer to don't tell about it for preserve her innocence and naivety.

Not before me, because you are third and me second, but you will probably be married soon too, sweety.

She chuckle and put her arm around her shoulders gently.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 am

I didn't see much excitement in her voice nor in her mannerisms. I wondered why such things could be so complicated.

I felt her arm around me and smiled, the comfort of sister has no words. "Dear Anne, I know I am younger than you, however I want you to know that I will always strive to comfort you the way you have me." I said as I laid my head on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Anne nodd after Amelia's words, touched by her kindness and smile as she feel her head on her shoulders, thinking that her little sister is really a adorable girl.

Thank you, Amelia, you are very sweet ... I don't want to annoy you with my big girl's problems and worryings ... you are lucky to be still a carefree little girl, I wish I would still be like that too and so I want you for enjoy it plainly because it don't last for ever.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 pm

I sighed and wished I could understand her more. Although I knew there would be the day when I would. Until then I would accept her answer and just be the naive little lady that I was and perhaps she would explain it to me in the future.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Anne smile tenderly as she see the air on Amelia's face, obviously, she would like to understand but accept to can't and just live her life of little girl, she caress her cheek and tell.

Enough talk about it, let's talk about you, tell me how it is at School ? are you happy there ?, I hope that there isn't girls who mess around with you now that I am not anymore there with you for protect you.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:45 am

I always liked having Anne around at school, especially when the older girls bullied me. I looked up at her and tried to smile. "Well my studies are going well. However, some of the girls in my class, I fear are jealous of our family and give me a hard time." I said as I played with quilt on the bed.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Anne feel saddened to hear that the things aren't going well for Amelia at school with other girls, she recall how nasty and cruels some of them has been at the period where she was there, most of them was in fact jealous indeed, she put a hand on her shoulder.

I am sorry to hear that, Amelia, unfortunately, there will always be people for being jealous of us because we are duchesses and coming from one of the most nobles, importants and influents families of Bavaria. I wish I was still there for defend you, I think that you should try to impose respect to them as I did, in waiting for having the age to leave the school at your turn, when you will be 13.

Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 pm

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "Yes, I know Anne. However, I know I must learn to defend myself in these situations. I know all my life there will be someone who does not like me." I put my hand on her's. "I can't wait to be a grown up. Being a child is very dull." I said staring out the window.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Anne smile to her and nodd, looking at her with tenderness in her eyes.

Yes indeed, you should try to defend yourself, even if it isn't easy and it's true that all your life, there will be someone who will not like you, because you can't please to everyone, nobody can please to everyone.

She take a inpiration, reflecting and continue.

But the most important is that you shouldn't center your attention in thoses who don't like you but on thoses who like you. And if ever you are in a situation where there is only one person who like you, this person is the only one who deserve your interest, aside maybe thoses that you could seduce for get their liking, because it's always possible as long as it's a good person .

Anne laugh softly in hearing her sentence, recalling with nostalgia of the period, still very recent in time and alive in her memories and though unreachable and lost for ever, where she was a carefree little girl of whom only aim was to grow up, like Amelia is still now, but not for long, in one or two years, she will have leave this wonderful period of her life at her turn and for ever.

I did think like you as child sometimes, but trust me you are lucky to be still a child, take advantage of it because it will not last for long since you are yet 12, you know being a young girl, yet considered as a adult, isn't that great either and mean full of problems, obligations, responsabilities and risks that you don't have as child and I often wish I was still a little girl.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne of Cleves's bedroom
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next