The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Mary Dawn's Bedchamber

Go down 
+3
Mary Boleyn
Thomas Howard
Charles Brandon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm

I look at the Duke as he speaks, it’s no secret around Court that he is one of the most handsome men in the Kingdom, I blush as our eyes meet and my mouth feels dry, I have some more of my drink before I respond “I would be most grateful to you your Grace” I reply “I know I would be in safe hands” I smile

I smile as his Grace tells me the news especially about the new Princess although I feel sorry for the Princess Mary, she is such a sweet girl as for the rest of the new it seems nothing had changed. Court was full of flirtatious behaviour and such on going’s part of me had missed that part of court despite how things had turned out.

My heart fluttered as his Grace called me by my name and then asked for my consent for him to be so informal “of course your Grace I would be honoured” I smile
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 7:02 pm

"Charles smiled her back"

Thank you...I also hope you can meet your old friends here. I'm sure they never forgot you. And so haven't I...

"He placed his glass on the table and kept on staring at her"

You know...I'm always glad being useful to someone. But you are very special, Mary. I mean...you deserve kindness and someone at your side to protect you. Also...considering your evident beauty...you must have many suitors. So be careful...since court is full of womanizers...

"He winked jokingly"

Oh...and you may call me Charles, of course. Your Grace is fine but...it makes me feel older...
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 7:15 pm

“Your Grac….Charles” I correct myself with a smile, I must admit to feeling my breath hitch ever so slightly as he complimented me “I have missed my friends and your company too” I reply toying with the lace on my gown trying to compose myself.

I glance over and shake my head “no suitors” I sigh “at least none that I am aware of!” I exclaim absentmindedly tracing the stem of my goblet “I hope that one day I shall find a man who would want to be with me” I whisper
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 10:12 am

"Charles stared at her in silence and then he took her hand in his"

Of course you will, Mary. Only a fool or a blind man wouldn't want to be with you. You have...everything to attract a man. I'm sure you won't be alone for long...

"Then he brought her hand at his lips placing a soft kiss on it, staring at her eyes. He realizied how smooth her skin was while kissing her hand"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 11:10 am

I loose my voice as I try to reply to Charles as he places the kiss on my hand, it looks so small in comparison to his. I swallow hard as I try to regain my thoughts and push images from my mind

"Charles" I finally say noticing how breathy my voices sounds "you say the kindest things yet I have nothing to give except my loyalty and honour" I reply in a gentle voice while my mind and heart raced
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 4:43 pm

"Charles smiled looking at her"

I have no doubt you have your virtue to offer. But I'd like you would be more conscious about your beauty. I guess I'm not the only man who reminds you that...

"He replied not removing his eyes from her"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 4:59 pm

I feel my face blush deeply as I hear Charles speak of my beauty “Charles” I smile with a small laugh “there have been many men speak of my so called beauty but none that I’ve believed”

I look at the Duke and bite my lip slightly “I am sure there are others more beautiful and graceful than I!” I exclaim loosing myself in his eyes “You must have seen them on your travels”

I lower my eyes briefly wishing I had the nerve to ask Charles what it is he likes about me before I look at him again “Can I offer you more Charles” I ask as I nod towards the bottle of wine
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 12:19 pm

"Charles laughed a bit after her words shooking his head"

Well...each woman has her own special beauty, I believe. So you have yours. I'm happy you're finally back at court. So we can spend more time togheter. If you like...of course. What do you like to do, Mary?

"He asked before nodding at her question"

Yes...thank you...
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 10:42 pm

If I would like echoes through my mind and soul, sitting in front of me is one of the most powerful men in court who could easily demand any woman to spend time with him yet he asks my permission! Charles really is a man of honour and I would be a fool to decline such an offer

Charles I would be honoured to spend time with you” I smile “I am now wishing I had returned to court sooner, I am so grateful to you for welcoming me back” I tilt my head slightly as I look at Charles pondering his reply about beauty taking in more of his own handsomeness as I release he had accepted my offer of more wine and had asked me a question.

I blush once more hoping I had not stared at him too long and busy myself pouring more wine. “I like to read, ride, embroidery, music and play cards” I reply with a grin “although I must admit I’m not very good at the latter two” I give a small giggle as I sip my wine “How about you Charles?” I ask absentmindedly toying with the ties of my gown as the warmth of the wine courses through my body
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 am

"Charles took the goblet from her hands and smiled while staring at her"

Riding and playing cards? I like doing both as well. So..we could have a ride together one of these days, Mary. I'm sure you look nice in riding clothes...

"He giggled before taking a sip from wine"

Just hope the Queen won't be disapponted cause I'm going to spend time with one of her ladies. You know...she doesn't like me so much. But the most important thing...is that I lke you, Mary...

"He added trying to catch her eyes"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 12:23 pm

I would enjoy that very much Charles, I always found a good ride is excellent at helping the figure” I give him a smile “as for cards I shall have to get better at it but I’m sure you wouldn’t mind helping me improve” I giggle feeling more emboldened by the wine as I catch his eyes

I feel a slight grip of fear at the mention of the Queen as memories of her Uncles attempts at making me his mistress but feel safe with Charles, I take deep breath before responding

How could she not like you Charles?” I question tilting my head slightly “other than his Majesty you are the most charming man at court” I smile at Charles “At present Charles I am not sure if I am still wanted as one of her ladies due to my issues with her Uncle” I pause and lean closer over the table “I fear I shall not be wanted either” I whisper then gentle bite my lower lip “I like you too Charles”
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 am

"Charles sighed while smiling a bit"

Well...the Queen has not the same opinion about me. But the only thing I care is my loved one's opinion. Like my children's...for istance. So...I shall accompany you in a ride. I'm very curious. And also playing cards. Honestly...I would enjoy doing anything with you, Mary...anything...

"He added staring at her"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 10:01 am

Do your children ride” I ask smiling at the thought of Charles teaching his children to ride. Personally I’ve always had a soft spot for children and long to become a Mother one day so the image warms my heart greatly.

I look at Charles still trying to fathom why the Queen could not like the most dashing Duke “I would love that so very much Charles, I would like to spend time with you” I reply “As for cards….I am aware of the late hour but would you care for a game now” I ask hoping he agrees
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 5:41 pm

"Charles smiled and nodded at her question"

Some of them, yes. Even though I have very few time to spend with them. At least...I managed to teach them riding...

"Then he stopped at her proposal and put his glass on the table"

A game...now? Why not, Mary? So...you can tell me more about yourself while playing cards...
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 5:58 pm

I smile dreamily at the image of Charles teaching his children to ride “You must miss them Charles and they you” I reply “what ages are they now?” I enquire as I stand and move towards the dresser where I keep my cards

Returning to the table I hand them to Charles to deal while I sit down “Your choice of game Charles” I nod taking a sip of wine “What do you want to know, I’ll answer any questions” I reply to his wanting to know more about me
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 10:11 am

"Charles was looking at her while preparing cards. He smiled after her questions"

Well...my children have very different ages. Since I had them...from different women. My first born, Anne..is almost 30. She is widowed, and I hope she will remarry soon. Her mother was lady Anne Browne, but she passed away. My second daughter, Frances Grey...is 25. She lives abroad and I had her from my first wife, Princess Margaret Tudor. My daughter Victoria is 22, and she is mother of two daughters: Lizzie and Mary. So...I'm grandfather, also. Her mother was lady Elizabeth Grey...but she passed away as well. After them...I had five children from lady Anna Stafford: Charles is 19, the twins, Edward and Catalina, are 17. Jane is 15, and my last daughter, Margaret, is 13. From my wife Catherine Willoughby, I have Henry. He is 5 years old. I also had another son, Daniel...from lady Nan Saville. But he died at two years old...

"He explained, with a bit of saddeness at the end of his sentence. Then he smiled again"

Hope I haven't...scared you, mentioning all my children. And about you...I would like to know anything, as I told you. For istance...how many children would you like to have?

"He asked staring at her and glancing at cards sometimes"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 10:38 am

I sense his pride as he names his children and briefly details their lives and I feel my heart swell at the idea of having so many children it sounds like my ideal dream to have a large family. I had almost forgotten that Charles was also a Grandfather as he does not old enough.

I gaze at Charles as he mentions Daniel and place my hand upon his as I quickly swipe away the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes “ Dearest Charles” I begin to respond “why would you think it would scare me? It is quite common to have a large family” I pause briefly “besides I have long heard of your conquests with women and none of it bad” I giggle and bite my lip at my boldness

I glance at the cards before I answer Charles’s question “I would love to have children, as many as possible. I have always seen myself as a mother, in my own household with a good man by my side” I smile dreamily “my family are modest in comparison to some here at court and deeply loyal” I catch Charles eye and blush

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 am

"Charles smiled her back"

I am sure you'll have a beautiful family, Mary. Children give you joy and you'll feel totally complete as wife and as mother. And...I know what people say about me. But you'll see...even Charles Brandon has an heart...

"He added chuckling a bit"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 10:43 am

I smile “I believe you Charles, I know what the men in court are like but many go for the ladies as a bit of sport” I sigh deeply “You however care for others, look how you have helped me and treat me as an equal” I lean forward over the table and take his hand in mine my fingers tracing gently over his skin

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm

"Charles put some cards on the table before raising his glance to her"

Just because I fell you as worthy of my trust, Mary. People should know before chatting. And your reputation is perfect..no one can say anything against you. So..how could I?

"He added glancing this time at her fingers upn his hand. He squeesed her hand softly, staring at her eyes in silence"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 2:02 pm

My mind goes over what Charles had just told me, that my reputation was intake despite all the threats that had been made that had made me flee court. How different my life could have been had I stayed

I feel Charles squeeze my hand as he looks at me while I glance at the cards laid on the table gathering my thoughts "Thank you Charles" I return his gaze "I shall honour and keep your trust in me at all costs"

We sit comfortably in silence for a brief moment, a small smile upon my lips "Shall we have a small wager Charles?" I ask indicating towards the cards with my free hand
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 12:44 pm

"Charles smiled following her glance towards cards"

But of course...as you wish, my lady. So..let's see how you play cards against the powerful Duke of Suffolk...

"He said with a joking tone"

Also...your hands are so smooth and delicate, Mary. I almost envy those cards just because they are going to be touched by you...

"He added almost whispering and staring at her"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 6:51 pm

I laugh at Charles tone “The most powerful and dashing Duke” I retort with a smile “I shall have to pray that my game is strong, to at best win one game” I look at Charles feeling a blush across my cheeks at his comment

Why Charles are you trying to distract me from my game?” I joke back secretly wishing that he had meant every word “I envy your cards too, for every woman would wish to be held by such strong hands” I smile back “I will let you set the wager” I whisper
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 am

"Charles smiled again at her words and put his cards on the table"

Well...it's not my intention to distract you, my lady. This would be not fair. Although...I admit that I'm glad if your attention goes from cards towards me...and I bet it's the same for you, Mary...

"He said while raising his glance to her"

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am

It feels like my breath had left my body at Charles reply, my heart is beating so fast I would swear it was visible beneath my gown - it would be futile to ignore how attractive Charles is and how drawn I am to him. I absentmindedly toy with the strings of my gown as I replay his words in my mind

“Charles” I finally reply as I look at him “one can not help but pay attention to you” I smile nervously “you are so much more appealing than the cards”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Dawn's Bedchamber   Mary Dawn's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mary Dawn's Bedchamber
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Palaces and Houses :: Whitehall Palace :: Bedrooms-
Jump to: