The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Masquerade ball

Go down 
+13
Danielle De Barbarac
Mary Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
William Pullen
Emilie De Fontanay
Anna Stafford
Charles Brandon
Niklaus Petrovin
Diane de Poitiers
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Anne Boleyn
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 am

Wolsey controlled for the last time if everything was well organized. Thousands of wax candles where lighted in candlesticks of silver, tables were filled with fine delicacies and the servants were ready to attend the guests. Minstrels were voting their instruments and there were great fires in the chimneys.

He nodded at the servants and he was ready to receive the guests, hoping that the King himself and lady Anne would come, too, for they were the reason for this feast because if they attended, they still trusted him...
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Anne was the most happy woman in these days.Like her motto, the most happy..
    The King will divorce from his wife, witch Katherine very soon.Despite Wolsey.. Despite all the obstructions of his.. Anne believed that it.Their relationship was going very well with Henry.Everyone was talking of his divorce in England.Anne blocked her ears against the negative criticisms.
    She prepared for Wolsey's Masquerade Ball.She wore her white dress and put the mask on her face.Wolsey was one of self-seeking.He organized a ball to entertain the King.Anne thought so, at least.
    Anne went to Banqueting House when she was ready.Everything was ready.People began to come slowly to the Masquerade Ball.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 pm

It has been only fews days Nan came back to court. She was spending her days at her room.Having rest, reading books and trying to get used to England's grey weather again. After 3 days she decided to leave her room and join the crowd of court. Most people were giving her a strange look at first, a little bit suprised but then they were smiling softly. Probably they were wondering why she was back. She was a duchess anymore.She was rich, she had her own house and horses, ladies in waiting.. Why she was here again? What for?
    She was not that much active and talktive as she used to be. It has been almost 6 months she hadnt seen her friends, king, queen and the others.. She had missed out really many things and she needed to catch up things. So she decided to attend the feast Wolsey organized for honour of King. It was a big oppurtunity to announce that she was back.
    She walked to feast place.Banqueting house. It was a little bit changed since she left. It was larger.Flowers and trees are dry and brown. It was a typical autumn day. Nan saw some people standing there and heard the slow music.These were violin and flute. She saw some strange looks again but didnt mind them. Her eyes were looking around for someone familiar. When she found Anne's she opened her eyes wide and walked towards her with quick steps.Ah Anne!She heard that Anne was sick too. That terrible illness took over the whole country. They were afraid, tired, desperate. Just like Nan was, when her little son was about to die.. Nan closed her eyes for a moment when she hugged Anne tight. Cause she suddenly remember her little Daniel.She gulped and smiled a bit.I'm so glad to see you ok! How do you feel?
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Anne was checking around such a Queen.Katherine was not at Banqueting House.Necessarily she must have been praying at her room, as always.She and her never-ending prayers..
    Anne heard a familiar voice while checking goblets.. She looked back and saw Nan.She is back! Nan is back! Anne's closest and best friend.She hugged to her with a big smile on her face.

"Nan! Oh my Nan!"

They embraced each other tightly.Nan was not in the court for a long time.Anne had not received news from her.Just heard her son was sick.Just like Anne.This sickness led to many deaths.Anne was fortunate to have escaped.

"I'm fine Nan.I'm cured.What about you, tell me where were you?"
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Sickness was always gonna remind her little son Daniel's death but she had to accept it. Anne was fine, many of them was fine and got well again. She must be greatful for that. God might take Daniel very soon but Nan was still alive.She had to go on to her life. Nan kept on smiling to her best friend I'm happy to be back. I was trying to stay away from here during the sickness.. And also i needed to be alone for a while.But i'm fine again Anne was looking better than ever.Her face was shining with happiness. It was not hard to estimate why. There must be something going good about King. King and Queen already divorced ? No. If that would happened, Nan absolutely heard that. The whole world would know that. She looked at Anne's white dress and mask. On the contrary Nan was all black.Her dress, mask, hairs.. She laughed a bit and put her hand on her best friends shoulder softly We are just like black and white swans. She looked around and saw some other ladies with masks Most people wears bright and colorful.I guess i'm the only black swan around here.God. She laughed again.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Edward entered the vast banqueting hall wearing a golden mask that revealed his dark eyes. He had just arrived at court and heard of the masque ball arranged by the Cardinal Wolsey.
He decided to attended, even though he was weary after his journey from Kent. This would be a good opportunity to meet other courtiers.

As he entered the hall he saw many lit candles and tables already covered with fine foods and rich wine. He smiled as a servant offered him a goblet. He gladly took it, thanking the servant and walked a little further into the hall-sipping on the wine.

He see's the Cardinal and bows in-front of him respectfully,"Your Eminence..."

He then walked on through the hall and saw two beautiful one-one he recognised immediately. Anne Boleyn, he had the pleasure of meeting her once before when they were both in Kent. He had heard of how she had raised herself in court-he always knew that she would be great in someway.
The other woman was also beautiful he smiled and bowed his head as he approached them.

Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Anne thought about the days when she was sick.Terrible days.. She thought that she would die.Leave from Henry.. Anne's love.. Her life, her breath, her everything.. Love saved her.Henry's love returned her to life.Even her father had lost his hope.But Anne was very well now.Her eyes were shining.She smiled at Nan again.She was wearing a black gown and a black mask.She was so beautiful as always.Yes they were like the black and white swans.Swan was Anne's favorite animal.There was a lot of swans in the lake in the garden.And now there was two beautiful swans in the Banqueting House.Nan and Anne..

"Yes were looks like black and white swans.. You are so beautiful Nan.In blacks.. Black pearl.."

She smiled sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Nan was looking around the people while she was listening Anne's words. A strange man caught Nan's eyes for a moment. She bowed with her head back him. Her eyes turned to Anne quickly again. Ah, thank you. I'm so excited to hear what happened when i was gone. But i think its not the right place and time.I gets more crowded every minute. She said taking a sip from her red wine. King was still not here and queen too. Probably she was praying in her room. Even when there was a feast out there.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Edward saw the woman dressed in black look at him he smiled,"My Lady,"

He took another sip of his wine...
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Nan's eyes turned to that strange's man again when she heard his voice. He said "My lady" . Probably he might talked to Nan. Cause he was looking at his black mask and dress curiously. Nan took her goblet away from her red lips and bowed him kindly. My lord.. She said with a silk voice.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Edward sensed that she was a little unsure of him so he decided not to bother her too much anymore. He simply bowed his head and walked a little forward.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Nan thought he was gonna introduce himself, cause they didnt know each other.But suddenly he bowed again and walked away from them. She was suprised. She raised her eyebrows a bit and looked at Nan laughing silently I think he scared of me She said with a suprised voice and took another sip from her wine. It tasted good.But she couldnt still see anyone around she knew.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:50 pm

He heard her speak and turned round, he chuckled to himself and took a sip of the wine. He then placed it on the table and walked towards her again, even though he was only a few steps away.

"Quite the contrary, my lady. You could not scare me, I did not wish to disturb you from your conversation,"He smiled widely and added,"I am Edward Craven."

He nodded to the Lady Anne-perhaps she would recognise him...
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Nan thought he was enough far from them to not hear what she said but obviously he was not. When she heard his voice again she stopped moving her eyes around and took another sip from her wine. She licked the wine on her lips and turned back to him with a teasing smile on her face. Then you should really practise your expressions my lord. Cause i'm sure what i saw She bowed again kindly and added I'm Nan Saville.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:25 pm

He laughed,"I am glad to have met you this day, Mistress Saville. Perhaps as a way of condolence may I ask if you would dance with me when they begin to play some music?"

Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Gif :

Spoiler:

Nan raised her eyebrows a bit suprised and smiled him. Yes. Sure my lord, i'd like to dance with you she didnt know why she was so suprised that someone asked her to dance with. It used to usually happen when she was here at court before. But it has really been a while she stayed away from court life and forgot what is it like. She looked towards the musicians but they were waiting everyone to come play music. Nan put her goblet on table and looked at Edward again. Are you new here, at court my lord?
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:41 pm

He smiled, glad she accepted,"Yes I am. I arrived today along with my sister,"He paused and then added,"...and you? Have you been in court long?"
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Nan looked around listening him and put her hands together on her stomach. She was playing with her wristlet while talking to him. I have been living here for 3 years.But i was away from court for last 6 months. Now i have just back here.. She said and lead the way You want me to show you around while waiting musicians? She asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I enter the hall wearing a mask, I know my brother Edward will be here somewhere. I look around the hall and see him talking to a pretty woman. I sigh, oh brother. Already in search of someone.

I giggle a little to myself and decide to leave them to talk. I also spot Lady Anne, I smile widely at her-remebering how I used to see her often in Kent. It would be nice to talk with her.

I'll wait a while though as she stands beside the woman Edward talks to. I walk to the other end of the hall and take a vine of grapes. Silently looking around as the hall begins to fill with people...
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Nick didnt know where his sister was. He didnt care. Probably she'd come here if she heard there's a feast. She never missed something like that.Until she comes here, he decided to enjoy the feast and found a goblet of wine. Musicians were practising some music to play.Nick looked around again but king or queen was not here too. It might has start just.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:05 pm

He smiled and nodded,"It would bring me great pleasure, my lady."

He looked up for a moment and noticed his sister had arrived. He was glad she had came to the hall-she was a bit of a loner and did not so often enjoy banquets such as this. Hopefully Lady Anne will talk with her-I'm sure she would be happy to talk to someone she knows. He gestured towards her and then turned to Mistress Saville, Mistress Saville looked very beautiful.

"My younger sister Elizabeth, who I told you about..."He then gently took her arm and said,"Now, where to?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:09 pm

I look up and notice Edward gestures towards me. I smile a little and curtsy.

I then look around the hall again as more and more people begin to arrive. Perhaps I should talk with someone?

I sigh and finish eating the grapes. I then take a goblet of wine and walk forward through the hall, brush my free hand through my beautiful long blonde hair so I look elegant and presentable...
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:12 pm

They were walking slowly in the feast place. She noticed he was looking towards a young blonde lady. She glanced at her too. She was beautiful and as strange as Edward. The reason was obvious. As Edward said , she was his sister. Nan opened her eyes a litte bit bigger and put a cute smile on her lips "Oh really, i cant wait to meet her. She is a pretty lady." She said. Then Edward took Nan's arm gently. For a moment she forgot what kinda places there were around.She hesitated for a moment and then shook her head quickly, smiled. "There is a maze next to there, also a fountain court. There's a little fountain that i like. If it is still there.. 6 months ago it was.."She said still smiling and waiting his response.
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Elizabeth Craven wrote:
I look up and notice Edward gestures towards me. I smile a little and curtsy.

I then look around the hall again as more and more people begin to arrive. Perhaps I should talk with someone?

I sigh and finish eating the grapes. I then take a goblet of wine and walk forward through the hall, brush my free hand through my beautiful long blonde hair so I look elegant and presentable...

Nick was taking little sips from his wine.But actually he didnt like the taste. It was a French wine probably and he would like to have some Russian wine if they have.But he decided to not ask. He was just trying to have some fun and get know people here. It was still looking boring around. He saw a lady walking with a man, a lady in black.She was looking interesting and mysterious. He would like to talk to her but she was not alone.He looked around to find more and saw an alone blonde lady there. She was looking new too. It was not hard to understand. She was looking for someone to meet. He put a smart and charming smile on his lips and walked towards her. "My precious lady.." he said with his charming Russian accent and bowed deeply.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm

"I should like to visit there sometime..."he added a little flirtatiously,"Perhaps with you..."

He then heard music begin to play, he turned round to see couples flocking to the middle of the floor. He then turned to Nan, smiling widely. She looked very beautiful-even with her mask on.

He then guided her to the middle of the floor and bowed his head as the dance began to start. He quickly turned round to see Elizabeth and saw a man approaching her-he frowned a little feeling protective of his sister. He then sighed and turned to Mistress Saville, smiling again..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masquerade ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masquerade ball
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next