The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Katherine Clement's BedChamber

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

Katherine Clement's BedChamber Empty
PostSubject: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Katherine Clement on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am

It was Monday morning and as predicted Katherine Clement -and her retinue- had escaped the storms of September however a cold wind rustled through court and tears from the sky splashed on the soggy ground. Their hour long commute to Whitehall ,from their lodgings just outside the city, felt longer than it was as the rain poured down on them and no one was in as good spirits as they were on the way from Suffolk; no singing, banter or courtly affections were present and everyone ploughed on in silence...not even the horses neighed.

Finally upon arrival the retinue was dissembled. The men rushed to the kitchens or the stables for some sweet meats and a crust of bread-perhaps some warmed ale if they were blessed with luck.
The three ladies who Katherine had spent most of the journey with made their way to Katherine's bedchamber and were pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was small and yes, not as grand as what they may have been used to but there was a fire and the bed looked comfortable, the window over looked the entrance and if you squinted your eyes you could see the Thames. Yes, this would do.

The other two ladies said their goodbyes and only one maid stayed. She would wait upon Katherine for her time in court and no doubt they would form a friendly alliance in the hostile court. With a tug and tie Katherine changed into one of her nicer gowns that had been brought with her. A gown of velvet and in the deepest of blues. The maid plaited her hair and scooped it into a rather lovely style and then pined on her French hood which was the current fashion. After a small meal Katherine left in search for her new mistress-The Duchess of Genoa.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:53 pm

And so she arrived back to her chamber with a Duke but regardless of his title-a stranger.
And for the first time ,since her arrival in court, she felt fear. A tingle danced through her and sparkled in her eyes but a churning angst droned through her. He is Duke, she thought, A close friend to the King...I cannot deny him.

Katherine cast a glance to the Duke and smiled feebly. With a carefully turn she unlatched her door and to her dismay saw her maid sewing in the corner,"Leave us,"she hissed.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm

"Charles followed Katherine until her chamber and stopped in front of her door. Once she ordered to her maid to leave them, he glanced inside room curiously"

If...if you feel uncomfortable, we can choose another place to talk, my lady...

"He said almost whispering, noticing her hesitation"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Katherine spun round,"No, no, no...it's quite alright. Please-sit,"she mumbled and gestured to a chair,"Would you like some ale...I fear I have no wine such as the one from before?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 pm

"Charles walked in and sat on the chair she showed him"

Yes...I'd love to, my lady. Thank you. Uhm...nice room...

"He said with a smile, looking around room"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Katherine collected a bottle of ale from by the fire and poured it into a goblet. It glugged sluggishly into the goblet and then rippled in shades of umber and crimson. Handing the goblet to the Duke she grinned and glanced round the room,"Yes, it is rather beautiful-isn't it? I was no expecting such fine lodgings…"

She then took a seat,"So…Your Grace is from Suffolk…"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

"Charles took the glass from her hands with a smile"

Thank you...Yes...my family comes from there. Since three generations, I guess. But I spent almost my life here at court. I know the King since our childhood. He gave me the tile of Duke...recently. So, I'm not noble by birth...

"He explained, then took a sip from his drink"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

As Katherine took a sip she said wistfully,"Your Grace-I do not believe nobility should be judged by title and rather by the strength of character...as such I would say that Your Grace is indeed noble by birth."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 pm

"Charles smiled and raised an eyebrow, surprised by her answer"

Uhm...this is a great compliment, my lady. And you're very good in using words. But stop talking about me. Tell me about yourself. Is your family living in Suffolk?

"He asked, looking curiously at her"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Katherine smiled charmingly and sipped the warmed ale,"Why yes, Your Grace. My family have lived in Suffolk for years...in the south of county. I must say it is a most beautiful place..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 pm

"He nodded while looking at her"

I see...But you're at court, now. And courtlife is very different from a peaceful life in the country. Surely...very soon you'll have many suitors...

"He added with a teasing smile, staring at her white skin"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Katherine raised her defined brow and smiled curiously,"Oh I am not so sure, Your Grace…I know not the ways or minds of men,"she sighed lightly and with a grin added,"We shall see…"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:16 pm

"Charles giggled"

Yes...we shall see, indeed. You are aware about your beauty, I guess...

"He added, turning his eyes around room"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Katherine laughed and finished off the ale-enjoying the lingering flavour and smell. It was the smell of home or her brothers when they returned in the wee hours drunk from a night a pleasures and ale. They would creep in the home and whisper...or at least try-their whispers were more like bellows.

"Your Grace flatters me when flattery is not due,"Katherine glanced down and then peered at The Duke through her lashes,"But I thank you...most humbly."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 pm

"Charles shrugged a bit"

Oh...there is no need. It's just the truth. Do you miss home, Katherine?

"He took another sip, tasting it deeply"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Katherine laughed heartily at how casual the comment was,"Your Grace will make me blush,"she joked and crossed her legs.

"In truth yes, I do. I must also confess it was very boring too-I was the youngest and the only girl in my home. I suppose I do have as many qualities a lady should have and perhaps more than a young boy my age would."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm

"Charles watched her crossing her legs and sighed"

Oh...I have no doubts about that. And I assure you that you'll have no time for being bored here at court, my lady...

"He smiled teasingly and finished his drink"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm

"I should hope so...I am sure I shall be very busy,"Katherine glanced to The Duke and smiled softly.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 pm

"Charles smiled again"

Yes...I'm sure lady Alfonsina will make you busy. But she is a lovely person...you'll see. So...what would you like to do, now...lady Katherine?

"He asked, leaning his back against chair while staring at her"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Katherine shrugged playfully and said with a smile,"I am yours to command."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm

"Charles smiled amused after her answer"

Oh...you're not one of my servants, my lady. So...you're free to choose what you like to do most...

"He said with charming voice"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Katherine sighed theatrically,"What I like to do most?'

She stood up and paced to the Duke and swept a curtsey,"Well...I like to do many things,"she then paced back to her chair and grinned.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm

"Charles looked carefully at her movements and bit his lips "

Uhm...I see. Like what, my lady? Maybe...I can please you in some way...

"He added almost whispering"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Clement
Lady-in-waiting
Katherine Clement

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Katherine giggled and swayed past The Duke tapping his chest lightly and then walking behind him,"Please me, Your Grace?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katherine Clement's BedChamber   Katherine Clement's BedChamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katherine Clement's BedChamber
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next