The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber

Go down 
+9
Philip De Burgundy
Juana of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon
Elizabeth Hervey
Thomas More
Maria De Salinas
Elizabeth Darrell
Elena Salvatore
Emma Moore
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Juana stood there and Micheletto came to her, a spy was brought to her attention and Juana stood there "hunt him down" she demanded and the assassin nodded, the spy was immediately killed and removed of his head and his head sent to Thomas Howard.

Micheletto was a dangerous man well known for his work with Cesare Borgia and killed many and now he was in Juana's services. Looking at the Queen she stood there "they tell me I'm like my grandfather's the mad kings of Naples, I'm sure his grace will learn quite quickly of this" she told her "your majesty I will defend you the best as I can"
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:22 am

Sitting in my chair, tiredness washes over me I look to Juana.

Please forgive my lady I am feeling rather tired and would like to rest for a bit, but you could join me for supper if that pleases you.

I tell my ladies to leave apart from lady Elena.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 12:18 am

Juana d'Aragona, the young princess of Naples looked at her cousin as she is seated beside her, taking her hands in her own "of course, rest well my cousin" she told her "if you need me I will be here for you" she told her kindly

"forgiveness is not nessesary, your health is very important" she told her and hugs her cousin and soon took her leave from the Queen's chambers, but Juana would have things prepared for her cousin for supper, a nice dinner and a warm fire to keep her warm was made at the request of the young Princess of Naples, looking at the servant "Please, make sure my cousin is well. her health concerns me" she told the servant and the servant girl bows her head "of course your highness" the women spoke and walked off and Juana took her leave.

(Doing a guest chamber for myself)
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Elena was glad that everyone had left it had been a very long tiring day. She didn't understand why everything had gotten so out of hand. Or why to threaten a Duke by someone not related to the Queen. It was all very confusing. I wrote to Sir Thomas your majesty. I'll make sure no Boleyn or Howard goes near Princess Mary.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 9:14 am

Tiredness washes .over me, I cough and a sharp pain runs across my chest
"Lady Elena my water please."
Looking at Elena "Could you please help me into bed, I need some rest after todays events"
When she spoke about Thomas, a small smile appeared on my face," Thank you my lady and Sir Thomas is he well? I am sure he will do his best to protect my daughter, I do so miss her lady Elena."
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Elena poured her majesty a nice cool cup of water. Sometimes the cough would carry on all through the night. Of course your majesty, I'll also have the maids change the bedding to summer sheets for you. Placing the cup of crisp, fresh water into her majesty hand. Elena then began to draw the shutters, light the fire and pull back the sheets off the bed. Does your majesty wish to wash before retiring to bed for the night. Elena thought to ask as the queen spoke of her daughter with a fond memory. The queen was becoming a rather permanent fixture in Elenas life now she enjoyed immensely serving her. But sometimes, like many other people her mind did wonder just how could someone still loves a man. Who publicly declared their own daughter a bastard keeping her like her own mother shut away. Sir Thomas is a good he will protect Mary more than he does his own children.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Taking the water from Elena's hand, I take a long sip and the cold water washes down my throat and slighty eases the cough, I look at Elena as she spoke.
"Yes my lady, a wash would help settle me and could you brush my hair?"
I smile as I think of my dear and trustworthy friend Thomas, He promised he would always protect my daughter and one day try to return her to the kings good graces, that is reason why I left as henry said If I stayed he would take back his love for our only daughter and that I could not allow.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 1:15 am

If I could help you see your daughter, I would. Elena said and took her majesty's hands in hers. She looked deeply into her eye's her words sincere and true. The gaze was broken and Elena let go of her hands only to pick up the hair brush which had a floral pattern on the back of it. Her majesty's hair was thick and sleek, very easy to manage. Tonight she would make a simple plait which would run down the side. What was Arthur Tudor like if you don't mind me asking your majesty.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:13 pm

" I know you would my Elena you are very loyal to me and I will be eternally grateful to you".
She looked deep into my eyes and at that moment I knew I would be able to trust her with my life, She picked up my brush and with her gentle touch she brushed through my dark black hair and then she gently started to plait.
" No I don't mind speaking to you about Arthur, he was a kind and gentle man and he loved to read and was well known for his archery skills." I thought a little about our short time together.
" He became ill not long after our wedding day, I was worried about his health but there was nothing I or his Physicians could do.
Looking down I fell silent, I loved Arthur as a wife loves her husband, but it was Henry that I loved with all my heart.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 am

A few splashes of tears dripped down onto her Majesty's hair as Elena remembered her own family and how she felt like being a lady in waiting for her majesty was truly like home. My mother was also called Katherine I did not know her, but my father was driven crazy for her beauty sending her various tokens of love before they even courted. When it comes to family I have had a very lonely experience one that I wouldn't wish on any enemy I had or made in the future. He never got over her shut himself away in a darken room filled with cobwebs I so desperately needed an escape and was offered a role in your service. But your first husband was loved by many his parents worshipped him as most parents do their first born heir. I had also heard that it was Henry Tudor, who was very jealous of his brother when you were first married to Arthur. It sounds as though he was destined to have you from the very beginning an no man would stop him from claiming his prize. Maybe that passion he once knew that drove a young man to despair shall return to him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:22 pm

I ask the servant to announce me and to let me in to speak with Elena over a certain matter and if she didn't I would come with armed guards and a warrant with the royal seal which I had with me.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:39 pm

( OOC you can not just come into my chambers whenever you like, You go to the entrance like everyone else. And you really need to stop thinking you can go around and bully everyone. )
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 am

I felt something soft touch the back of my head and I turn to see Lady Elena's face wet from a few tears, I reach inside my pocket and pass her my handkerchief. I listered has she spoke, after she she was finished speaking I slowly place my hand on hers.

"I think my lady that Henry only wanted my dowry for if he loved me why would he dispose of me in this way."
I turn back around and try to compose myself.
"We should have supper together, I would very much like the company"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 pm

"Charles was brought until the Queen's chambers. He hasn't seen her since long time. So he wondered how she was, and how she would react at his message. After Lady Salvatore announced him, he waited in silence to be admitted at her presence"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 7:07 am

Sitting by the warming fire I hold in my hand my rosary beads, as I look up I see Elena walking in with the Lord Suffolk behind her, she then announces him and he walks slowly towards me,I raise my hand to him " Your Grace. "

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 pm

"Charles walked into room and approached the Queen. He bowed deeply and kissed gently her hand"

My Lady...

"Then he took a deep breath, trying to refrain sorrow for what he was going to say"

His Majesty sent me here to tell you...to intimate you..not to try to come back with him. Since he is now married to Lady Anne. Since now, it's forbidden to you using the title of Queen. You will be known as Princess Dowager of Wales...

"Charles could see her eyes wet of tears for his words. So he took two steps back and approached the window. He kept on looking outside while talking and holding his gloves in his hands"

You will have to reduce your expenses also. In his magnanimity, the King allows you to keep your properties, but he will no longer pay your servants and household expenses...

Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 am

I tried to breath, I felt the words were physically hurting me my heart felt heavy and tears were forming in my eyes, I think about my daughter and I needed to know.
"And what of my daughter, what of Mary may I see her."  

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 pm

"Charles lowered his eyes at her question. He knew that she was feeling so much pain for her situation. The King would never allow her to see her daughter again"

Madame...

Then he turned his eyes towards her, before adding with sad voice"

Madame...forgive me...

Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   Trying to make the best of what I was told I take in a deep breath.
"Do you know something Mr Brandon, If I had to choose between extreme happiness and extreme sorrow I would always choose sorrow, For when you are happy you forget about spiritual things, you forget about god, but in your soul he is always with you"
I close my eyes and smile a little and try to keep my composure.

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 9:41 pm

"Charles looked at the Queen. He felt a very deep admiration for her strenght. She showed a very high dignity even in pain"

May God bless and protect you, my Lady...

"Then he bowed deeply and left fastly the room"

Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As his Lord Suffolks leaves the room I can finally breath I let out a sigh and Lady Salvatore comes in  and places a plate of food next to me.
I gesture with my hand for her to sit and I look at her " For as long as I live I will call myself the Queen of England."
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Elena knocked on Queen Katherine’s bedchamber door. It was such a restricted existence for the Queen who couldn’t correspond or see her own daughter. Outside, the wind was howling and blowing a breeze through the hallways of the castle. She makes herself a word to gather more moss before the strong winds have blown the lighted fires out.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 10:11 am

I was in my bedchamber contemplating things when I hear a knock.

"You may enter.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 11:47 pm

Good morning your majesty I have brought you breakfast. Placing the tray on the table by the window, Elena gently started to open the shutters to let some light in.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 10:22 am

I smiled at Elena.

"Thank you Elena. You have always been kind to me. I do not know what I would do without you. I feel so restricted here and not even allowed to see my own daughter. It seems that Queen Anne has really taken control of Henry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next