The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Path By the River Thames

Go down 
+3
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Mary Boleyn
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Path By the River Thames - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 am

hearing two people talk i head back to the palace
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Thomas Howard wrote:
Norfolk took a stroll to clear his mind. He thought back at the trial and grinned at the memory of Wolsey, unable to manage things in the advantage of the king. Another nail to his coffin.
Meanwhile he was bored. He was a man of action and besides the trial there was not much action nowadays. In the far he noticed a lady, walking all alone. He grinned and walked faster to catch up with her.
Good day, milady, just taking a walk all by yourself?

Lost in hear thought, Emilie shiver in hearing a male someone voice in her back, she return and see that it's to her that he talk, she recognize Thomas Howard, her daugther's father George's oncle and so her daughter's grandoncle and also her dear friend Wolsey's worse ennemy.
She have cross him around court many time and know him only from his reputation of rather formidable man, she remain deconcerted for a while, surprised that a man who seem to be taken in important affairs care of talking with her, then she bow to him and answer politely.

Good day, your grace.

She smile shyly.

Yes, I do like to take walk alone sometimes.

She look at him and realize that she should introduce herself.

I know you by sight, you are Thomas Howard, the duke of Norfolk and my friend Anne Boleyn's oncle, aren't you ?, but I don't think that you know who I am, I am the countess Emilie De Fontanay.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Norfolk nodded and smiled.
Me too, I go outside every day. Fresh air and just to get away away from all those... he gestured vaguely in the direction of the palace.

While they walked further he saw another beautiful lady heading towards the palace and he looked after her, impressed by her appearance and the way she moved.
As the countess spoke he turned her attention to her again, still glancing at the brown haired lady who walked quickly away from them.

Countess De Fontanay, nice to meet you. He bowed to her as well. It´s a pleasure to meet a friend of Anne Boleyn, since she seems not to be that popular with most ladies at court!
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Emilie follow his glance on the lady who head toward the palace, realizing that it's in fact it's maybe to this other lady that he adressed since the way he gaze to her and she hesitate to get away when he answer her about Anne, smiling in thinking to her friends and nodd.

It's true, most people seem to don't like her, mostly because everyone know what she is for the king and most of people are on Catherine's side, but myself I had never be found of this woman and I like well your niece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 am

walking near the Thames ahead i see two people talking trying to avoid them i stop and rest on a bench wondering if i can annoy any people on this day takes a deep breath looks around
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:40 am

He grinns and looks once more over his shoulder but the brown haired lady has diappeared inside so he gazes at his new found companion, who is also very beautiful.

Most women are on the queen's side indeed, feeling sorry for her and they see my niece as the intruder!
He shrugs and laughs loudly.
People are so stupid, I never understood why they love this Spanish queen! She is so... Spanish! he speaks dismissive.

While they continue their walk, he looks at her and then around them.
How come a beautiful lady as yourself can take a stroll in the garden without her suitor to protect her?
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:44 pm

She nodd.

Indeed, most of the ladies at court think so, most of english people seem to love spanish, it isn't my case at all, I dislike the emperor, because I am french and even more the late king of France, Louis XII's daughter.

She frown at his question, wondering why he ask that, looking at him with a suspicious air, thinking that people who have describe him to her maybe hadn't exagerate, she cross her arms and hold her head high, the air slighty haughty.

Your grace, I am young but I am not a naive girl, nor a harlot, I am at english court since five years and I had never need anyone for protect me since I am perfectly able to defend myself, I know everyone here and I don't let anyone annoy me. And for your information, my suitor, his majesty the king of Italy, let me free to go wherever I want, whenever I want, dieu merci !
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm

He smiles when she tells him she is French.

Ahh... French! I could have guessed, French women are so beautiful and gracefully, like yourself. A daughter from the late King Louis, well well! He thinks about what to say because he hates the French himself.

My niece Anne has served at the French court, did you encounter her there? he asks curious.

When she reacts violently on his question he grinns a little and raise an eyebrow.

There is no need to defend yourself, my lady, it was just a question. He stops walking and turns to her.
... the king of Italy, is courting you, as you say? he asks, intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Emilie listen to him carefully, feeling that behind his kind words that he don't like french people very much, she relax slighty as he talk about Anne, nodd .

In fact I have only cross her a few times there, when I was still living in France and under my father's rule, in fact I have really get acquainted and get friend with her later, in England when she have join this court at her turn, I was yet there since some time ...

She shrugg.

Well, your question have seem strange to me and I have answer you honestly, I am very frank person.

She nodd, can't prevent from smiling slighty in thinking to Armand.

Yes, it's still recent but very serious courting since he project to marry me and later make me his queen.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 am

Norfolk listens at her and nods.
So, you agree she should become queen of England and give king Henry his long awaited heir to the throne?

He grinns after her frank words.
I admire people who speak frankly and I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable, I only thought it's quite unusual to see a lady walking all by herself. Most ladies walk with other ladies or with a suitor.

He looks up in surprise when he finds out about the serious engagement and bows his head slightly to her.
So... I am talking with the future queen of Italy! Congratulations! But if I was him, I'd never let you walk on your own. Many courtiers take their chances in the gardens instead of inside the palace!
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:43 pm

She reflect, a serious air on her face.

Well, since Anne is the one whom the king have choice for become his wife, I think that it have to be, for him, for her too and above all for England's future.

She shrugg.

I guess that I am not like most of other ladies, I am independant and even rather indivualist at times, I appreciate moments of loneliness and I don't feel the need to be accompagned for take walk, even if I appreciate also to do it with a friend or with my suitor.

She smile in thinking to Armand.

Thank you, I am very happy because I have find my soulmate in him and it's a great honour that he make to me. Well, I think that if he have choice me, it's also because he trust me and have understand that I am a serious, strong and virtuous lady, more mature than most of ladies of my age and I had never need anyone for send away a man who bother me, I do it very well by myself ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 pm

walking along the path thinking its about time i met someone, as i walk the fresh breeze goes through my hair and feel at peace knowing our mission is hard but could become easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path By the River Thames   Path By the River Thames - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path By the River Thames
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4