The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Chambre du Anne Bassett

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

Chambre du Anne Bassett Empty
PostSubject: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Anne walked into her bedroom after the walk in the garden. She let a smile grace her lips before letting her hair fully down and she walked over to her vanity and sat at it. She got a brush and gently passed it through her curled hair before setting it down and she let her innocent mind run to earlier events, her meeting with Louis. As she thought about it butterflies fluttered in her stomach, and she felt her cheeks heat up.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Louis had received Anne's note just when he had returned to his chamber. He had spent more time than he would care to admit pouring over her handwriting, the fluid curve of the letter on the crisp parchment. He had almost worn the ink away when he began to get changed for supper.

His man servant changed him out of his usual daywear. He donned a black velvet doublet, with an dark shirt beneath-he examined his reflection in the mirror. He fussed over his ambassadorial ring, a gift from the king as he began to walk to Anne's room, the letter in the pocket of his breeches.

He arrived and paused outside of the door. He cleared his throat, fussed with his hair, knocked and crossed his arms over his chest, before changing to lean against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Anne had changed into a cream dress, the colour her mother and father liked on her because it showed her purity and innocence. She looked over at the door when it knocked and she felt her heart thump and she grinned "He came.." she whispered softly, her long chairs were down and around her. She stood up and she walked to the door, slowly opening it with her nimble, delicate fingers and she looked at him with her dark eyes and she smiled.

Opening the door fully, there was a small feast on the table and a jug of wine as well as two goblets "Come in, my lord." she said softly. A small necklace of pears was draped on her neck, and her corset was pulled tight.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Pour l'amour de dieu, reprends-toi, Louis scolded internally. He smoothed down his clothes and took a deep breath.

As she opened the door, he could help but smile. A clear and bright grin-his eyes dewy as he took in her appearance. He paused only for a brief moment, looking at the way the pale silk sat on her delicate frame.

The sensation he felt around her was unlike something he had experienced before, "Louis, please,"he said gently and bowed his head, "Thank you for inviting me...you look lovely-une rose anglais..."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 pm

She laughed at his words softly and she closed the door behind him as he walked in "Merci." she said to him softly and although she had a calm façade, her insides were in turmoil. She looked at the table "Please, sit down Louis." she said, putting extra pronunciation on his name as she had done when first met and she went over and filled the two goblets of wine.

"Tell me more about yourself." she said to him softly as she sat down at her place and her dark eyes sparkled "I wish to know more about the man who will guide my ways to the new religion." she teased with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:35 pm

He glanced around him, smiling as she said his name and admiring her things which were arranged neatly in clusters around the room. He took a seat at the table and remarked at all the food she had gathered-such an effort she had gone to.

His stomach settled and he reclined into the chair. The difference with Anne was that there wasn't anxiety, or fear-only home. The warmth of home.

He grinned and glanced down, taking a sip of wine at her question, "No epic story. I was born in Paris. My father was a book merchant...rather successful now actually and my mother was the daughter of a poet, so she is the more artistic of my parents. When my little brother Pierre was born, my father had raised enough money to send us to court and build foundations here. I became really eager to travel and interested in the arts, I went around France when I was teenager with some friends against what my parents wished and after completing my studies, the King appointed me as French Ambassador. I spend my time off at my home in Marseille-a lovely little fishing village...but I have ambitions," he added playfully,"I want to be a viscount at the very least[/color]
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm

She listened to his words and admired his story and she lifted her goblet of wine and took a sip, before setting it down. She took a deep breath and she nodded "it is an interesting story." she admitted to him and she shrugged "More interesting than mine, I guess." she laughed and she looked up at him through her lashes "So tell me, when are you going to guide me into the path of the new religion?" She teased with a delicate laugh.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 pm

He chuckled, "Only after you tell me your story Anne. It is not every woman that can be raised in the French court-I am sure you must have some tales to tell."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:55 pm

She shrugged a little and smiled "I was born in England to my mother and father, John and Honor." she said to him "But my father died when I was simply a child, and my mother remarried and Arthur treated me like his own, which is why I refer him as my papa." she admitted to him and she looked down then up "I can speak English, French, Latin and Spanish and I love the arts of music as I can play the lute and harp."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:06 am

Louis smiled, hearing of her accomplishments and took another drink, "You would put even the most learned prince to shame," he said mischievously.

Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:09 am

She laughed before blushing and she shrugged "My papa liked to keep us entertained, and didn't want to make a difference in any of us." she admitted to him and she took a sip from her goblet before setting it down "But most of the times whilst my sisters were learning to dance, I read or.. was in a ...uhm...tree."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 am

Louis sat back, his elbows on the upholstered arms of the comfortable chair. He then joked, "Ah...I see, it makes sense, that ethereal beauty of yours. You are secretly a woodland nymph?"
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 am

She laughed and shook her head "No." she said simply "I am perfectly human, my lord." she looked down before looking back at him "You think I am beautiful?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 am

He smiled at her laughter, "You're altogether a human being. Are you sure of it?" he teased.

Of course I think you beautiful, he thought. However he tilted his head and smirked lightly, pretending to examine her critically. He took advantage of the charade-looking at the perfect curl of her dark hair, the soft curves of her frame and pink flush at her neck. He then sighed theatrically, "Yes. I think perhaps I do, Anne."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 am

She laughed a little and looked away, staring out the window before looking back at him and she nodded "And I think you are rather handsome indeed." she said softly and she gulped as she felt butterflies in the pit of her stomach and her heart stomach "Alas, Thank you my lord."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 am

He shrugged happily, feeling content in her presence and a relaxed smile on his lips, "I'm French. It's my categorical imperative to compliment a woman's beauty."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 am

She laughed and nodded "Is it not?" She asked him and she shook her head "Well I am English, so I am not used to such...characteristics." she admitted to him "Well, I am but..yes." she picked up her goblet and she took a sip from it before setting it down "So what about you becoming a Viscount? How will you go about it?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 am

He sighed and took a larger sip of wine, "I have no idea. My family are what you would call the nouveau riche. My father earned his money-he didn't inherent it from a title. So the old families, that is the aristocrats; don't really see us as equal-until there is a title before my name other than Monsieur. Also if I have a title-my children will be safe and have money, security and respect guaranteed...for life."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:48 am

She looked at him and she nodded slowly, understanding his words "My father, he is a Viscount." she said to him "And close to King Henry, perhaps I could get him to pass on good words?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 am

Louis smiled, une offre attrayante, "That is most generous of you Anne but your father doesn't know me. Besides why would King Henry grant me an English peerage? I have no ties to your country and thereby no true loyalty. I must appeal to François' good nature."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 am

She shrugged a little at him "My father is a good man, he was a bastard of a King and he made his way up." she said to him softly "He would do whatever for other people." she nodded, understanding his words her dark eyes lighting up a little with curiosity yet again "If there is anything I can do to help, simply ask."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:56 am

He smiled, "I promise never to forget your kindness...and to return the favour."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 am

She nodded to him and she stood up and went over to the window and she looked out it onto the gardens and she smiled softly "It looks so beautiful from up here." She whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:07 am

Louis stood up, goblet in hand and walked over to the window, standing a behind Anne. He peered over her shoulder, looking at the palace lands that stretched for acres.

He glanced at her hip, imagining putting his hand upon her. He took a gulp of wine, "You have a better view than me. I look towards the city but when you squint your eyes at night-the taverns and brothels...their lights look like stars."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chambre du Anne Bassett   Chambre du Anne Bassett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chambre du Anne Bassett
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next