The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's study

Go down 
+4
Thomas Cromwell
Lorenzo Campeggio
Nan Saville
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 pm

It was a sunny but kind of cold winter day at England. Sky was not that much grey and when you look outside from your room's window, it seemed like a summer day. Nan would like to enjoy this beautiful sunny day at gardens but first, she had something to do. She had been away from court for a long time.Almost a year. Now it was her time to go back to court. And she needed to catch things she missed when she was away. Anne was the first people she wanted to see but Wolsey must be the first one to be seen. They always knew each other but never officially met. Maybe Nan couldnt say that she liked him much, but since now whatever happens she needed to recognize and be recognized. So, she walked to his study room, waited for a moment.There was no voice. King or anyone was not inside. She looked at the servant waiting at door and bowed a bit. Servant knocked the door and walked into.

Your eminence, Duchess of Naverre, Lady Nan Saville here wants to see you.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Wolsey was in his study, writing one letter after another.
He didn't stop when a servant entered and announced a visitor, just making a gesture that she could enter.
As she entered he looked up for a moment and put down his quill, genuinely surprised.

Lady Saville! What a... pleasant surprise! He frowned a little because he knew her, though they had never talked before. Moreover, she was a friend of lady Anne and he'd also seen her often in the company of Charles Brandon. What would be the reason for her upcoming, as far as he was informed, she had left the court a while ago.

He hid his confusion and rose from his chair, he walked toward her and smiled affably. He bowed slightly and offered her a chair.
My lady... what can I do for you?
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Nan walked into Wolsey's room when servant said that she can. She walked in with a quite slow steps and bowed deeply the cardinal. "Thank you, your eminence!" she said for his kind greeting.She was not sure that he's sincere or not.But she didnt care. All she wanted was to be recognized by Wolsey. She sat down the chair he pointed. "I have just back to court, want to come and visit you. I heard you're quite busy nowadays" She said with a kind smile.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Wolsey walked slowly back to his own chair, even more confused after her airy words. She wanted to visit him? He suppressed his laughter and shook his head: no, no. When she inquired about his activities, the puzzle fell together. Of course, Anne had sent her to collect information from him!

He sat down and put his fingertips together, his elbows on the table and smiled friendly.
' Well, my lady, thank you for the concern, but I'm as busy as ever...'
he spoke cautiously. ' So you are back, in order to stay... for good, I hope?'
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Nan could feel his curious eyes on her. He must has been wondering why she was here. She was not a diplomat, not a noble man's daughter or something.What could be to talk? Nan nodded again with a quite movement and waited him to sit down again "Its good, thanks god, everything's ok" She said and looked around the room. It was not like a religion man room. It was like a diplomat room more. She looked at his face again and sighed silently "Actually I need to ask something about..." She stopped for a moment and contunied "I am a little bit scared about my prayers.." She said almost whispering "You know.. being a catholic is getting harder everyday" She was trying to be sure that her voice was low enough. She crossed silently.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Wolsey stared at her with an amused smile. She worried about being a catholic while her best friend was a heretic? Perhaps he could advice her to stay away from lady Anne then, smiling at the thought.
He became serious again and gave a reassuring answer.
'My lady! If you just say your prayers and go to Mass, you'll be just fine! I can assure you that the Catholic faith remains intact in England, especially since our King himself is a true believer and defender of the Roman Church.'

Looking friendly at her, he leaned forward and asked softly.
'Please, my lady, just tell me: what is the real reason for coming here....?'
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Nan put out a little laughter. He really thought that he's so clever.Nan turned towards him while she was still sitting on that chair. "My lord, please dont tell me that our precious King is a faithful servant of pope and catholic world. We both know he is the most reformer person in this country now." She said and waited to see reaction in his eyes. He was suprised. "His majesty is a religious man, thanks god. But do you really think he'll obey pope and rome forever while they were putting every obstacle on his way about that divorce?" Her brave behaviors must have shocked him. He didnt say anything for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Wolsey was unpleasantly surprised. So far the concerning of her prayers... He felt anger rising and also impatience. Not only she dared to disturb him while he was busy but also trying to offend him and - even worse - the King himself!
Her behaviour toward him amused him but he didn't allow anyone to speak that bold about the King. He raised an eyebrow.
'My lady! I'm very pleased to speak with you but not about such matters! If this is all you have to say I thank you for coming and wish you a good night!'
He looked at her with cold eyes, ready to stand up and show her the door.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Nan looked back at him with the same brave eyes. She stood up and curtsied and left room
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:07 am

Wolsey shook his head while she left, sighed and picked up his quill again.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Wolsey’s in his study when a servant enters and announces

"Your Eminence, the pope’s representative in the divorce case, Cardinal Campeggio is here"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Wolsey stands up and blinks his eyes when he sees his visitor: an old man, agonizingly slowly shuffling and with each step he recoils in pain.
When the servant announces him as Cardinal Campeggio he looks at him, extremely surprised. Initially he did not recognize him.
He opens his arms in a welcoming gesture and walks quickly toward him, hugging him warmly.

'Campeggio, my friend, I'm glad you're here, how was your yourney? Please, sit down!'
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Campeggio enters slowly, using a cane and leaning on an assistant.

Wolsey greets him with a hug and calls him Lorenzo, so clearly they’ve been friends for a while.

"Oh my old friend.. Apologizes for my immobility.Life is not as easy as before.." He laughed "I've gout.." . The two cardinals sit down near the fire.

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Wolsey makes a gesture to the servants and immediately they bring some glasses and a bottle of wine.
He smiles warmly at his old friend and tries not to frown.

'I emphatize with you, but then you have an even greater ordeal to face... Our King wants to set the court with papal authority at once to decide on his annullment. As you undoubtedly know, he has long been waiting and he wants nothing more than a quick decision.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 am

Campeggio listens Wolsey and he understands.He looks at the fire and turns to Wolsey again.He takes a deep breath

"His Majesty's decision will be final.There’ll be no appeals here.We talked at length with the Pope.He wants to keep Henry happy, but it’ll be best to persuade Henry to give up this case.." Pope and Campeggio's purpose is Henry to give up this divorce.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Wolsey listens to Campeggio and his expression changes. Still smiling he frowns and sighs.

' I'm afraid Your Eminence acts in ignorance in this regard. Let me make this clear to you. If you do not grant the annullment, the papal authority in England will be destroyed.'

He leans forward, his smile has disappeared.
' You would not mind if the same thing happens to England as with Germany, where the biggest part has alienated from Rome and faith?'

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Campeggio looks at Wolsey with anxious.The papal authority will be destroyed in England? This doesn't something the Pope wants.Campeggio must find a middle way.He tries to smile

"Is it possible meeting with the King? Perhaps we can compromise with him.."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Wolsey shakes his head at his words about compromising.

' Of course we'll talk to the King, he is very eager to explain to you his objections regarding the continuation of the marriage. He expects us right away tomorrow morning!'

He keeps looking at Campeggio with a grim glance.
' If the wish of the King will not be fullfilled I assure you that as a result thereof the influence of the Church will be completely and immediatelly vanished, in short: it means the total ruin of the Kingdom!'
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Campeggio looks anxiously.He smiles at Wolsey

"I understand Thomas.Pope would like to make him happy.Of course, he does not want to lose England.."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Finally an affirmation! Wolsey sighs with relief and rubs his eyebrows.
He takes a sip of his wine and smiles warmly at his old friend.

' Well, Lorenzo, I knew I chose wise when I asked the Pope to send you here to decide on this matter.
And tell me, how is the Pope doing? Is he still under the influence of the Emperor?'
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Lorenzo smiles and he drinks his wine.He shakes his head and looks at the fire with the pensive eyes

"Well.. You know how strong he is.. We can not say he is under the influence of the Emperor exactly.. Pope wants to make everyone happy.Also, Charles is Holy Roman Emperor.."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Wolsey is silent for a while, he stares in the flames, thoughtfully. Then he turns to Campeggio, smiling apologetic.

'Don't think I underestimate the difficult position of our Holy Father...' he speaks softly and frowns. ' I know this annullment comes at a bad time, not only because of the Emperor who is after all the Queen's nephew, but also because of the Lutherans who roads off every word from our Pope.' he sighs. 'I know it is difficult for him to revoke a decision of a previous pope under these circumstances...'

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:51 am

Campeggio listens Wolsey attentively.He combines his hands

"Yes that is difficult for him.Emperor is very strong.Queen Katherine is his aunt and he does not want to upset his aunt.Otherwise Lutherans are breeding increasingly.Turks are moving toward to Europe.."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Wolsey nods in igreement.
' I understand, he wants to maintain the peace, that is the most important thing...'

Suddenly he rice from his chair and stands in front of cardinal Campeggio.
' More reason to cherish his true friends, who never attacked him and always supported him, like Henry did and still does!'

He stands upright and with a fixed look.
' I'd say he owes Henry more than only the title ' Defendor of the Roman Church' !'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolsey's study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's study
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next