The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's reception room

Go down 
+5
Jane Craven
Royce Westmoreland
Edward Craven
Diane de Poitiers
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 am

He looked icy at him.
'Of course I can't send you away... that's why I asked you to leave!' he stood up and walked toward him.

'.... for the sake of lady Cordelia...' he said softly, shaking his head.
He took a deep breath and added.
'You must be aware of her... feelings for you, My Lord. Someone has to protect her and prevent her from foollish actions like kissing in front of the whole court and obviously... you don't understand this innocent kiss as you call it harms her reputation... and therefore the King's reputation!'
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Royce looked at him with proud eyes

Her reputation is safe with me, Cardinal. And I'd never do nothing to damage His Majesty. I'm a man of honour, and I'll show it to you. Then...I've no intention to leave court. Unless it is KIng's wish, Your Eminence...

He replied, staring at him with a challange air
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 am

Wolsey sighed.
'Allright then... I trust I've warned you enough. I will talk to the King, meanwhile I ask you to keep some distance from her. Like I told her yesterday, I don't want to break your friendship... but she does not listen, she has no control...''he shook his head and frowned.

He looked into his eyes.
'.... so I hand this to you, My Lord, in the hope you keep word and do nothing to damage her - again. No more kisses in public and no more private visits in your - or her - bedroom!'

He took the casket and placed it in the Duke's hands.
'I thank you for coming and again I thank you on behalf of His Majesty for rescuing her... Just for my interest, My Lord, why did you go by yourself and did not warn the guards to accompany you?'
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Royce took the cascket and looked back at him

I told you, Cardinal...I'm a warrior. I'm used to face enemies by myself. And about princess Cordelia...I'll keep my promise. You and His Majesty have nothing to fear...Your Eminence...

He said proudly. Then bowed respectfully at him and left the room
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

He smiled and bowed his head slightly while the Duke left. I'm used to face my enemies by myself the Duke said. He sat down again and laughed at himself, because that also applied to him. Perhaps I'm a warrior, too he thought, still smiling while he took a new parchment and a quill.

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 pm

My mother told me before her leaving that I had to go see The Cardinal Wolsey. I waited for a moment nervously outside the door, brushing my hands against my dress and running my fingers through my hair.

I finally asked a servant to inform The Cardinal I was here.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Wolsey laid aside some papers as the servant announced lady Elizabeth Craven. He waved at him to let her enter, stood up and walked towards the door to welcome her.

´Lady Elizabeth, come in, please. Let me congratulate you with the marriage of your brother... what a beautiful day!´ he looked curious at her.

´I hope she feels better, your new sister-in-law?'
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I enter the room and bow very deeply. I then slowly rise,"Your Eminence."

I then smile,"My brother is very happy and my sister is now well. I think they are both very happy together..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm

'Ahh... I am most pleased to hear this.' he smiled warmly.

'Lady Elizabeth, please, take a seat, can I offer you a drink?' he made an inviting gesture and sat down himself.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 pm

I curtsy as he offers me a seat,"Thank you, Your Eminence."

As I sit I reply,"Some water please, Your Eminence..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 pm

He waits for the servant to pour the water and leave again, then he looks at her.
'Your mother has visited me, as you might know. I admire her strength and courage, she is a brave and dignified lady, it was very nice to see her again after so many years.'

He sigh and frown a little.
'She needs your support, now, like that of your brothers.'

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 am

I smile and bow my head,"Your Eminence, my mother says it is all beyond her deserving."

I then add,"She has my undivided support. It is a comfort that she will now live closer to my brother Thomas and his family."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:11 pm

He nodd slowly.
'Yes, they will surely be her consolation in this difficult time.'

He looks at her, smiling affably.
'I've missed you, lady Elizabeth... I thought you'd come by to tell me your experiences. Well, you have been busy, I suppose, so I am most pleased to see you now. Do you like it so far to serve the Queen?'
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I nod and smile a little but as he mentions that I have not seen him I frown and lower my head.

"Forgive me Your Eminence...I...I was kept busy in Her Majesty's chambers,"I then smile a little,"Her Majesty is most kind. It is an honour to serve her."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

He noted with satisfaction that she feels a little uncomfortable but he keeps smiling.

´I am pleased to learn you take your tasks seriously... they are your first priority!
I am also most pleased to hear that Her Majesty treats you most kindly... she does not trust her English servants so easily...´
he sigh inaudible.

´I´d like you to tell me if she is well and good natured?' he asks her curiously.

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:31 pm

I smile,"I think since I am able to speak in Her Majesty's native tongue she finds it easier to speak with me."

I nod,"Her Majesty is in good spirits...she is as well as can be expected."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:58 pm

He nods and smiles prudent.
´I am glad to hear this, my lady... Anything else to tell me, something special happened?' to hide his curiosity he messes between his papers like it does not really interest him.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

I tilt my head slightly and carefully tuck a golden hair behind my ear,"Your Eminence...Her Majesty...continues to show the greatest of love for His Majesty-always ready and willing to do his bidding. She often asks after His Majesty's health and prays he remains in good spirits..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 pm

He nods slowly and looks at her for a moment, then picks up another paper and studies it attentively.

´Hmmmmm.... and has she received visitors lately? Some Spanish visitors, I mean?'
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

"Her Majesty receives daily visits from her confessor and of course her ladies-some of whom are Spanish...although I have been told,Your Eminence...many of Her Majesty's Spanish ladies with Her household have been...disbanded."

I know he prys about anyone from Spain who may try to support Her Majesty's cause-but not even I know. I have tried not to so I may not have to lie to The Cardinal...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 pm

He throws the paper on his desk and leans forward, his elbows on the table and his head rests on his folden hands. He needs to be more specific, though she seems ignorant.

'Yes, the king ordered to remove her Spanish servants... in fact, all Spanish at court, except the ambassador, Mendoza. Have you seen him in her quarters, or... Cardinal Fisher?'

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I sit up straighter still as he throws the papers on the desk. I glance down-I never could understand why my father conversed with The Cardinal. He told me that he admired his ambition but pitied his soul.

"I have only been in the company of Her Majesty and her other ladies...I have neither seen nor spoke with anyone else in Her Majesty's apartments
."

I do not lie. I have not-although there have been whispers around court...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 pm

He sigh and shakes his head. What a waste of time! He looks inquiring at her, if it wasn't for her father he would remove her at once.

'Alright... thank you my lady. It's obious that the Queen does not yet trust you enough to allow you to attend to her revenues. I thank you for your time and see you again soon... when you have to report me something essential.'

He stands up as a sign that she may leave.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I stand quickly and bow very deeply, almost touching the solid wooden floor,"Thank you, Your Eminence."

I hurriedly leave...
Back to top Go down
White Royalsun
Queen of Alderia
White Royalsun

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:25 am

Queen White enters in the big room, she has come to English court for some months, she misses Alderia but he loves England, then, the first thing she will do, after talking and hugging her friend Anne , is going to see her friend Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, maybe she can agree with him to have dinner with he and his wonderful wife Joan
hello...*she says with a warmly smile and notices a nice lady is there * oh excuse me..I can back later your eminence
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/messages/100002043148502#!/profile.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's reception room
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next