The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn

Go down 
+19
Madeline Valois
Catherine Willoughby
Katherine Tudor
Anne of Cleves
Thomas Howard
Mary Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
Henry VIII of England
Joan Champernowne
William Pennington
Niklaus Petrovin
Agostino De Agostinis
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Inge Bergmann
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Richard Meyer
Jane Parker
Anne Boleyn
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 6:36 am

I had received Charles Brandon's letter of invitation to the feast and i arrived a day later.

I had come as i wanted to congratulate the young queen on her success and to wish her all the best.

As i entered the hall i saw the Duke of Suffolk at the end of the room and i began approaching him brushing past a lady who was Mary Rose Tudor.
"My lady" i say as i pass before meeting with lord Brandon.

"My Lord Duke i got your letter and thank you for inviting me. I am Anne Duchess of Cleve's.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 am

"Charles smiled weakly at Thomas Howard's words. He was going to reply when he saw a young woman walking towards him. This time he stood up and bowed"

My lady...you must be the duchess of Cleves. Welcome to court, lady Anne. May I introduce to you my wife, lady Catherine Willoughby?

"Then he turned towards Norfolk"

If you would like to forgive me..my lord..I'm now busy with our guest from Bavaria..
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Henry VIII of England wrote:
Anne Boleyn wrote:
Henry smiled at Anne and touched softly her cheek

My beloved, how are you? Did you like the city? Everything went fine?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He asked looking into her eyes

With her hands resting lovingly on her stomach Anne, whose walk was as radiant as she went in search for Henry. She found him talking with Cromwell in hushed tones they both stopped talking with Cromwell leaving them alone.

Yes, it was beautiful.

Smiling at Henry adoringly Anne stopped talking wondering if she should tell him how she really felt about the day after he had gone to such efforts with the coronation.

But so few people! And they kept their hats on their heads. And no one shouted. It was more like a funeral than a parade.

Henry lifted up her chin softly and looked into her eyes

Join the party. I want you to be happy. I want to see you smiling. Remember, you're my Queen, now..

Anne melted softly against Henry's lips.

"I know but..."

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 5:50 pm

I swallowed hard. My brother had made no secret of his wish to marry and crown the Lady Anne... and yet, now that the day had come, I found it hard to believe. It had happened. Anne was not only my sister-by-law but my Queen. My breast heaved as my breathing grew deeper, my eyes drinking in the spectacle: a glittering display filled with wine and food, courtiers bedecked in their finest clothes and music and dancing furnished the ancient hall. And at the centre, sparkling like a jewel, was the woman my brother had torn Christendom apart for... Her Majesty, Queen Anne.

Even as a dowager Queen, I could not compare what I had known to the experience Anne was enjoying. I had never been crowned. Never been annointed and sat there with nothing but the silence of God and myself. It was my late husband’s accession that had made me the queen of Navarre... my grand wedding day had been my day of crowning glory. And now, I found myself a widow, living with my brother and watching another woman ascend to the heights of majesty.

My seat was nearest the top table as a senior member of the royal family but I had retreated to watch the activity that buzzed about the hall. Sometimes I wondered what my life would have been like if I had not been born a Tudor... where would I be? Would my destiny and future be any more certain? Would I my daughter have a more certain future? Would I still be among the great and good that fluttered about my brother's court? and that thought once again drew my gaze towards the throne at the high table.

It took all my might to not laugh out loud. The scoff catching in my throat. Whatever my thoughts or feelings, however my faith made me feel about the events, I raised my cup of wine in a personal toast.  I should have known, a lifetime should have taught me... Sooner or later, Henry always got what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles smiled weakly at Thomas Howard's words. He was going to reply when he saw a young woman walking towards him. This time he stood up and bowed"

My lady...you must be the duchess of Cleves. Welcome to court, lady Anne. May I introduce to you my wife, lady Catherine Willoughby?

"Then he turned towards Norfolk"

If you would like to forgive me..my lord..I'm now busy with our guest from Bavaria..

I quickly dabbed at the corner of my lips, before standing next to my husband. My lady, i am pleased to meet you. Would you like some refreshment after your long travels.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:24 pm

I listen to the lord Brandon.

"Of course my lord have you seen Queen Anne my niece i wish to speak to her
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:30 pm

I nod to the Duke of Norfolk as he leaves and then i begin to speak.

"You are correct my Lord Brandon my name is Anne and i am the Duchess of Cleve's and i am so relieved i could make it. I am glad i found you as you are the only one here i appear to know
I see his wife offer me refreshments.
"I would be most honoured my lady to accept your offer of refreshments as i have had a long journey and it is a pleasure to meet you as well.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Oh where have you met my husband before. I gazed at Charles as our new guest was speaking. You can sit with us if you wish,unless they have another table prepared for you.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:30 pm

"I have not met your husband as such my lady i have only written letters to him about an invitation here to court.
As far as i am aware i do not have a seat may i sit with you and your family and may i say that Lord Brandon is lucky to have such a beautiful wife.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:36 pm

But of course. With a warm smile i showed Lady of Cleves to our table. You must tell us what your country is like.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm

"Charles noticed a drop of jealousy in Catherine's words. He gazed at her with an amused smile and then turned towards lady Anne"

Of course...you may sit with us, my Lady. The King himself asked me to invite her at this important event...

"He explained as he sat again addressing his words at Catherine. The he saw Katherine entering the Hall. He smiled and raised one hand to catch her attention"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 7:19 am

From a distance, I saw Charles raise a hand and lifted my own in reply. A smile spread across my lips as I tore my gaze from the room and focused upon my family friend. I didn’t hesitate, I cross the bustling hall gracefully: offering smiles and greetings as I past courtiers. Before too long, I arrived at the Brandon's table.

Charles.” I bobbed my head, smiling. “Duchess.” I offered a bright smile, and took a deep breath. The days events were still sinking in.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 am

"Charles smiled warmly at Katherine"

Katherine...what a pleasure to see you around. Hope you're fine. She is Lady Anne of Cleves, duchess from Bavaria. And of course...you already know Catherine. But please, have a sit with us..

"He said showing her an empty chair before him"
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 am

Mary Rose Tudor wrote:
Royce Westmoreland wrote:
Royce smiled at his wife

Yes, I'm enjoying, dear. Especially because you're here. You know..I was thinking about our son's future. They're King's nephews. I suppose they can't marry a commoner. James and Oliver have to marry two noblewomen. Do you agree?

He repplied while servants were bringing some more wine

"Ah but what kingdom should they marry into. Should they be Scottish or English. Either way, we anger one king."

I pursed my lips and hummed softly to the music.  

Royce smiled and approached his mouth to her ear in order to let her understand his words in spite of music and people chatting around them

I don't think we should go so far, darling. Lord Suffolk's daughter, lady Victoria Brandon, has two little daughters: Lizzie and Mary. They are almost the same age of our sons. They both are duchesses or Somerset, and their grandfather is the most important man in England after the King himself. James and Oliver could join our dukedom with Suffolk's and Somerset's ones. Maybe...we could talk with lady Brandon and her husband about that. What do you think?

He asked after explaining his suggestion to his wife. Then he smiled cheerfully at her
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 pm

I was sitting at the table and helping myself to a drink when i catch the Duchess gaze and hear her question. I then begin to speak.

"My country is very different from what i have seen here in England already the palaces are much smaller and i do not know why people seem less friendly. I reside in Cleve's with my family.

I think see Katherine Tudor come over.
"I raise my hand to acknowledge her and i speak.
"I am Anne Duchess of Cleves my lady and i was about to tell the Brandon's some more about my country's customs if you would like to join us
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Anne Boleyn wrote:
Anne Boleyn wrote:
Henry smiled at Anne and touched softly her cheek

My beloved, how are you? Did you like the city? Everything went fine?

He asked looking into her eyes

With her hands resting lovingly on her stomach Anne, whose walk was as radiant as she went in search for Henry. She found him talking with Cromwell in hushed tones they both stopped talking with Cromwell leaving them alone.

Yes, it was beautiful.

Smiling at Henry adoringly Anne stopped talking wondering if she should tell him how she really felt about the day after he had gone to such efforts with the coronation.

But so few people! And they kept their hats on their heads. And no one shouted. It was more like a funeral than a parade.

Henry lifted up her chin softly and looked into her eyes

Join the party. I want you to be happy. I want to see you smiling. Remember, you're my Queen, now..

Anne melted softly against Henry's lips.

"I know but..."

Henry raised her chin again, sweetly but firmly, and he interrupted her before she could add more

I said...you're my Queen! The whole court is waiting for you..

He placed a kiss upon her lips and showed her the way to reach the banquet

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm

With a smile, I nod and take the seat. “Thank you Charles...” I offer a smile to the two Duchesses as my hands busy themselves arranging my skirts, before folding them into my lap. “It is wonderful to see you again your Grace.

I take a sip from my cup, the burgundy liquid lapping at my lips before offering another smile to Lady Anne. “I would love to... though soon, I will need to greet my sister... And my sister-by-law.” A deep breath fills my lungs as the words pass my lips. It had been such a long time since Mary Rose and I had seen one another, and she would eventually have to meet my daughter, her niece. Elizabeth slept in my apartments, safe and sound in Whitehall as I joined the revelry. Then it would be time to curtsy to the new queen... It still seemed bizarre. Not long ago my sister-by-law had been Queen Katherine - a woman I had known since birth, a woman that had been apart of my family before I had even entered the world and had watched be crowned as a young child. Now it was Queen Anne... And the world had changed much too.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 pm

I had finally arrived in England at the coronation feast and my ladies were coming to arranging my things.
I enter the hall and i see all eyes suddenly turn towards the door where i stood
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 10:48 pm

While following and being behind the Princess, thoughts race through my head and voices talking to me while maintaining my composure, just like I have been taught before entering the Queen Claude's service.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 12:20 pm

"Juliet thank you for coming with me now let us enter and see if we can find Lord Brandon
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 am

"Yes let's" I say with a smile. "How will you know if it's him?"
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 am

"I am not sure i just know he will be close to the king's table and he will most likely be dressed with bits of fur as he is a high noble.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Flustered, one of my ladies arrived through the door, subtly trying to get my attention. Her efforts worked and from the corner of my eye, I caught her gesturing.

Will you excuse me a moment?” I rose from the seat Charles had offered with the grace of a deer as it skipped across the meadow. I had left the gift for our new queen back at the palace and dispatched a lady to fetch it - she was the queen and my brother's wife, forgetting the gift to honour her wouldn’t do. And upsetting Henry or Anne on this, their special day, would only lead to an unavoidable family dispute... Whatever my feelings about the matter, that couldn’t happen in public. So today, I was a good little sister.

I crossed the hall, courtiers parting to allow me through and murmuring their respects. I met each one with a gracious smile, nodding to acknowledge the King's guests of honour. Reaching the entrance, my lady swept a curtsy before placing the gift, safely stored within an ornate box, into my hands.

From a dowager queen, to the new Queen...” I offered, a sigh gently passing my lips. A pair of ladies caught my eye, appearing to be looking for someone among the guests. The throngs that filled the great hall at Westminster, finding anyone amongst them was a seemingly impossible task. Before I would return to the highest tables, I offered a bright smile and my help.

May we help you my ladies?
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 am

As we entered the hall we were struggling to find Charles when suddenly a kind lady offers her help.
From what i could tell by her clothes she was a lady of high importance.
"Yes my lady i am princess Madeline of Valois and these are my ladies Juliet and Isabelle. I received a letter from Lord Brandon inviting me here to England on behalf of his king about his new wife asking personally for someone of high importance amongst her ladies and so i came as soon as i could and we bring gifts for Queen Anne too my lady. Can you help us?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Bienvenue à Londres, votre altesse. Bienvenue Mesdames.” I sang, acknowledging the Princess and her ladies. The words flowed from my tongue with ease and in a tone like milk and honey. I always enjoyed when people did not know or recognise me, even as rarely as it happened, it offered a moment of freedom. All the constraints of her position, her past and the expectations upon her were lifted for a fleeting second and she could be herself. Just her. Katie, as darling Charles called her... I enjoyed it. Sooner or later, I would be exposed and the expectations of a princess and dowager queen would once again be upon my shoulders.

I am sure the Lady... Her Majesty...” I caught and corrected myself. “...will be delighted to receive your Highness into her household and company.” I smiled. I wondered why I had not been asked, but the thought did not dwell, nor did I trouble myself with it. There would be a reason and doubtlessly I would learn it soon.

The Duke of Suffolk is sat over there...” I extended an elegant finger and pointed towards the table I had just left; where Charles, his beautiful wife and the Lady Anne of Cleves were sat. “Would you like me to show you to his Grace?” My bright smile sparkled as I offered my help. When I had arrived at court after years at Poissy, it had been confusing and bustling. I had sworn then if I could help anyone freshly arrived, I would... although my position made that hard. The lady that attended me offered a stormy and concerned glance that caught my gaze. I knew it would be about presenting my gift... we were all anxious to honour the newly annointed Queen... even if it were only to avoid my dear brother's wrath or seek favour. However, while I could help and forget my royal status, even for a moment more, I sought to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next