The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Summer Party

Go down 
+4
Margery Seymour
Henry VIII of England
Geoffrey Lonshord
Bridget Wingfield
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 3:08 pm

Summer Party Organizzare-festa-giardino-idee-foto-decorazioni-35-780x780
Back to top Go down
Bridget Wingfield
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Wingfield

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 6:39 pm

A summer party has been organised and I was bursting with excitement! All other ladies in waiting had arrived ready to greet our Queen Anne on arrival.

Summer Party Fan-Bingbing
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 6:57 pm

Madge didn’t like life at Whitehall, It was all about games and serious ones at that! She arrived at party flowers bloomed, people walked down the paths in their finest gowns, bees and butterflies moved in and out of flowers collecting the precious nectar. The young girls all talked in huddles about who they fancied and who they could steal a kiss from!
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm

Bridget Wingfield wrote:
A summer party has been organised and I was bursting with excitement! All other ladies in waiting had arrived ready to greet our Queen Anne on arrival.

Summer Party Fan-Bingbing

Geoffrey joined the party to serve wine and food to guests. The garden was already full of people and he took two goblets of fruit juice to put them on the table. But while walking, he hit a young lady and some juice fell on the ground. He apologized immediately

Oh..my lady! I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me. Hope your dress is not dirty..

He raised his glace to meet a beautiful young lady, black hairs and something oriental in her eyes
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Henry joined tha party announced by a guard

"His Majesty the King!"

Everyone bowed at his passage, until he reached the table and sat at his place
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Margaret Sheldon wrote:
Madge didn’t like life at Whitehall, It was all about games and serious ones at that! She arrived at party flowers bloomed, people walked down the paths in their finest gowns, bees and butterflies moved in and out of flowers collecting the precious nectar. The young girls all talked in huddles about who they fancied and who they could steal a kiss from!

Agostino arrived at the party while the King was already at his table. He bowed respectfully before him and glanced around, to see if there was someone familiar. He noticed Queen's cousin, Madge Sheldon. He saw her many times in Queen's chambers. She looked a bit lost, so he approached her

Lady Sheldon! I'm glad to meet you here. Nothing is better than breathing fresh air when weather is so warm during the day. Can I do something for you?

He asked kindly and bowing before her
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 7:57 am

I didn't want to go to that party, but given that my brother-in-law had organized it, I decided to come. My dress I wore was a midnight blue dress trimmed in black ermine, it suited my mood perfectly and hopefully kept anyone asking me to dance at bay. Being a lady in waiting was meant to be thrilling and enthralling, now I didn’t want to be here incase I bumped into the man I gave my heart to, William.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 8:22 am

I must admit to feeling nervous as I was prepared for the Summer Party by my maids, it felt strange having my own staff but it went with the territory of being a mistress of the Duke of Suffolk - oh how I missed Charles it had been some time since I had last seen or heard from him and prayed for his safe return.

I smoothed my hands over the soft fabric of my gown, the light showed off the fine threads of silver that run through the light blue material edged with white ermine it reminded me of the summer skies. I walked towards the garden trying to avoid the looks being thrown in my direction, I scan the crowd hoping to see a friendly face and smile as I spy my dearest friend, I walk towards her and gently place my hand on her arm

It is so good to see you Margery I whisper
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Niklaus arranged the party himself, so he thought he should join. He smiled at people around him while a servant was filling his goblet with some wine. Garden was very well decorated, with flowers and candles. He hoped to see someone familiar in order to spend a pleasant summer evening
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Agostino De Agostinis wrote:
Margaret Sheldon wrote:

Agostino arrived at the party while the King was already at his table. He bowed respectfully before him and glanced around, to see if there was someone familiar. He noticed Queen's cousin, Madge Sheldon. He saw her many times in Queen's chambers. She looked a bit lost, so he approached her

Lady Sheldon! I'm glad to meet you here. Nothing is better than breathing fresh air when weather is so warm during the day. Can I do something for you?

He asked kindly and bowing before her

A deep voice from behind her made her turn around.

Uhm she muttered as she looked around. The celebrations were loud and obnoxious, Madge rolled her grey eyes, turning herself back around to the man standing in front of her.

My cousin Anne likes to go overboard with the merriment and obviously likes to push the limit. I showed up in support and was hoping to sneak out.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 8:49 am

Agostino smiled at her words

I think you're right, Lady Sheldon. Your cousin the Queen likes such things. So...what about yourself? I often see you in Queen's chambers..but I'm now realizing we never talked. Probably..just because you're often busy in seewing and other things. So...do you like to push the limit as well?

He asked, not sure if she was enjoying his company
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 11:53 am

By putting my arm in his, I directed both of us to a nearby bench so that our conversation could continue.

I am the one whom the family calls gentle as I have not yielded to the temptations of men. Madge chuckles placing her hand in front of her mouth as her cheeks blush.

We go from stately home to the palace, and we very rarely get to see outside of palace life. Actually, I would like to visit the streets of London and see the daily activities of other lives which is something that piqued my curiosity.
She was looking at him, her face overflowing with excitement as she thought about life outside the palace walls.

What about you? Playfully nudging him.

Do you have any secret enjoyment
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 11:39 am

Agostino chuckled after her, sitting on the bench at her side

Oh..no sercrets, my lady. I'm a very simple person. I just love my job..and I rarely leave the Palace as well. But if you wish..I could accompany you to see London, one of these days. There are many markets and life is very different from here. If you are so gentle as your family says...you have nothing to fear with me..

He winked to her and laughed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Summer Party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Party
Page 1 of 1