The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber

Go down 
+5
Geoffrey Lonshord
Emilie De Fontanay
Royce Westmoreland
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Mary Rose Tudor
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:39 pm

She looked in the mirror at Mary with a small smile. "My wedding was very quietly done. But I think it was all the more romantic that way, in secret." She replied, wondering if the king knew yet of the marriage. "A simple wedding can be very beautiful, and it means the most when only the ones who care about you are there, wishing you well. Are you planning on having a small, simple wedding?" she asked, wondering if such a thing was allowed for a royal princess.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

I smiled softly,wishing to have wedding like hers.

''It sounds romantic I kind envy you....I am not sure if my brother would allow me to have small and simple wedding,the Duke think that he would.But yes small weddings is much more beautiful and romantic.If it is up to me,it would be just him and me in chapel.''

I said looking back at the mirror,wondering if I should ask my brother for small wedding.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

She smiled at her, glad that Mary was not one for frippery and finery. "Yes, it would be very romantic: music, flowers, candlelight, and promises of being together forever. That was the way of it when I married Anthony, just me, him and the priest." She sighed remembering that night. "You should do whatever makes you happy for your wedding, we get so few chances at such ceremonies," she advised her.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I smiled dreamily into the mirror.

''it sounds so beautiful and wonderful,the wedding that I always wanted.I was married before when I was younger to a King of France but I didn't loved him or knew him.He died very fast after our wedding.''

I said remembering my first wedding.

''That is kind of wedding I would like in this moment like yours...Oh! But I can not do it no matter how I wanted it if my brother don't agree or if my future husband don't want that.To many people are involved in my wedding not just me.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 am

She smiled back, seeing how dreamily Mary looked forward to having the wedding of her dreams, but which would unfortunately not happen for her. "Oh yes, I had heard you were married to the late king. But perhaps this wedding and this marriage will be better," she said, trying to cheer her up.

She frowned at the thought of being told to have what sort of wedding to have. "Whether it is an arranged marriage or not, the wedding is always about the bride; she is the most beautiful and most important part, the one everyone will be looking at. I think you should be firm in what you want on your special day."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 pm

I nodded slightly with small smile.

''He was very good man and his daughter is one of my best friends here.I do hope so but we must wait and see.''

I sighed deeply.

''In this case is not about the bride I am princess I must do what my brother wants.I did everything by the rules all my life that I forgot how to fight for my wishes.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

"He has a daughter? Who is she? I don't believe I've met her yet," she replied. She knew she could use more friends around court and hoped her foreign status wouldn't alienate her from others.

"You can always fight for your wishes, my lady. It may be intimidating to face up to your brother -- I mean, the king -- but this is your second marriage, it is not an alliance with a foreign country." Charlotte paused a moment. "Do you love this Duke of Westmoreland?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

I nodded to her,looking at her through mirror.

''She is his illegitimate daughter and her name is Emilie De Fontanay.She is my best friend and I would be glad to introduce her to you.''

I smiled a little to her.

''See it is! The Duke is best friend to King of Scotland and in some way this is alliance between Scotland and England.I don't fear of my brother or at least not anymore,I can handle his anger but I can not handle to see look in his eyes when he is disappointed in me.''

I blushed a bit at her question.

''I think that I am falling in love with him, but do I love him not yet I think.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

She nodded, smiling. "Yes I would love to meet this Emilie de Fontanay, especially if she is so dear a friend of yours."

She listened carefully as Mary described the web of international relations she seemed never to be able to escape. "It all sounds so complicated.. but perhaps he will be good to you. You do not love him now, that doesn't mean the love will not grow. And if you simply cannot love him, perhaps he will leave you alone," she suggested, also knowing it was far from her place to give instruction on arranged marriages and how to live them out. "I daresay my lady, that from what I know of you so far, you will make the best of the situation, come what may."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

I smiled and gave a little nod.

''Then we will arrange a meeting....He is good man and I am sure that he will be good to me and try to make me happy. About love it will comes as time passes.I just wish to have children and anything else is not big matter to me.If he doesn't love me I will survive it I always do.''

I said sighing quietly.

''Would you like to have boy or girl?''

I asked her kindly.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:13 am

Charlotte sat in a chair next to her. "If he is good to you and tries in every way to make you happy, I'm sure you will come to love him, in time. And.. if no love grows between you, then you will have your children and love them more than you will ever understand." She smiled sweetly as she put a hand on her belly. "Truth be told, I would like a girl. There have been far too many boys in my family! But whichever it turns out to be, I know I will love him or her more than my own soul."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:50 pm

I looked at her softly.

''I hope so but the little time we spent together made me sure that he will make me happy.Yes if love never happens,I will have my children if God decide to give them to me.''

I smiled to her widely.

''You will be a great mother and your child will be very lucky ! And I would like to have a girl one day ,but I do think that duke would like to have boy.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 pm

She smiled and wished dearly for her new friend to have a perfect marriage filled with love. "And also know that whatever you need, especially if you need someone only to listen to your concerns, I am here for you," she said with humility.

"Yes, I think all men want sons that they can teach to become like themselves, and women want daughters for the same reason, and to have a friendship with them. I hope that I shall be a good mother." She felt compelled to say a little of something about her family without revealing too much. "My mother, she was not well in her mind. In the last years I knew her she was never completely sane," Charlotte said with no feeling in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm

I smiled to her softly,feeling happiness in my heart that I can be friends with such lovely lady.

''Thank you! And the same is for you.If you ever need anything,help or just talk I would be here for you too.''

I nodded in agreement.

''I think that you are right man wants boys and ladies wants girls. But whatever it is I know that we both would be very happy.''

I looked at her softly and put my hand on hers.

''I am sorry to hear that.But you will not be like that so you don't need to fear.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 am

Charlotte beamed, glad she could find someone to confide in, and who could also confide in her.

"I am sure that whatever is meant for us, happens to us. So I am prepared for anything." She said, smiling in return.

At the next mention of her mother, a tear slipped slowly down Charlotte's cheek, and she quickly wiped it away. "I surely hope so, my lady." She regretted having said anything, for fear that now the princess would think some madness tainted Charlotte's blood, and it was a thing Charlotte herself feared.

Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I gently squeezed her hand when I saw the tears in her eyes.

''You are not guilty that your mother was mad nor she.God wanted her to be like that,but that doesn't mean that you will be mad or your child.Only God know what will happen to us.And if it happen Anthony will be there with you as well me,so you will not be alone.''

I said kindly.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 am

Charlotte felt silly for crying over a matter she had no control over. "My lady, I am so grateful for your words. I know everything shall be all right for me, for my child. But I suppose I have been worrying over everything lately," she gave a dry little laugh. "I sometimes become jealous of those who had caring loving mothers." She turned to Mary Rose. "Do you ever get jealous of others, for any reason. though small?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:51 pm

I nodded softly to her with small smile.

''That is normal,you are pregnant now and your feelings will be different.You will worry for some things more,cry with no reason...We always wish to have something that we don't have,and we are most the time jealous those people that have something that we don't.Me I am mostly jealous on people who live simple life,who are just ordinary people.''

I said and sighed deeply.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Charlotte smiled. sighed and threaded her fingers together. "It seems I have much to look forward to in this pregnancy," she said as she rolled her eyes playfully. "That is true, no matter how much we have, nor how little, we always imagine a life on the opposite side. I wished for so many things, I am not even sure where to begin. Sometimes I think I cannot know myself if I do not know what I want."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I laughed softly at her words.Then I nodded seriously.

''Yes no matter how much we have we want more.But if he have all what else with keeps our going in life.In this way we can try and have the things we want and wish for and that us keep going.''

I said honestly with small smile.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 am

She tilted her head to the side, a smile on her lips. "I had never thought of it that way. I think you have so much more wisdom than I. So, that is one thing I will strive for: knowledge. I've been without it for so long, so no one ever takes me seriously. I do not even take myself seriously very often," she admitted with a smile and a shrug. "I do not suppose you know French? I never learned the language but it sounds so romantic. Would you teach me?" She thought she could learn a lot from this woman.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm

I smiled kindly and shook my head.

''I am not so wise...I am just a little older,that is all....Oh that can not be true! You are very smart lady and you should not think like that.If you don't value yourself than no one will.''

I nodded slightly.

''Yes I do know French and I would be more than glad to teach you.I can teach you anything you like it will be always my pleasure.''

I said with bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Charlotte smiled back. "I still think you are wise. And, I hope in time to know everything there is to know about the English court. I could use the help in discerning those I should watch out for."

She grinned at the thought of learning a new language. "It would mean much to me! I like always to learn new things especially languages, and since I am much closer to France now than I was before, I think learning the language would be very beneficial as well."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:21 pm

I nodded to her with kind smile.

''You are too kind my lady. But I will learn you everything about court and people around here.The Autumun Party is perfect for it! I suppose that you are going?''

I asked looking softly at her.

''I would be more than happy to teach you and whenever you can we can start with our lessons.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 am

Charlotte nodded enthusiastically then stopped and smiled politely. "I would be very appreciative of such education. I trust your opinion entirely. I am the sort of person who wishes only for friends, but even I know that is not always possible."

"I am available any time, I have much more time on my hands now that my activities are limited," she said, patting her baby bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next