The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber

Go down 
+5
Geoffrey Lonshord
Emilie De Fontanay
Royce Westmoreland
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Mary Rose Tudor
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 pm

I looked at her.

''Of course you need to be careful as well with who are your friends,they can just pretend to like you until they get what they want from you.''

I said,then smiled brightly to her.

''Good than we can start tomorrow in my private chambers.If that is alright with you?''

I asked happy that I can help her in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 pm

She nodded knowingly, and took into heart all that Gia had taught her about false appearances, fair-weather friends and sycophants willing to do anything to rise to power. 'One thing is for sure: I am glad I can count you my lady, among my friends." She smiled tenderly at her.

"Tomorrow morning will be a perfect time to start," she said gladly, knowing she was a fast learner and with Mary Rose's help would soon pick up the language with ease. She glanced out the window to see the sun had set. Pink and purple strips of color lined the sky."My, I have take up much of your time! Let me know if there is anything more you need. If not I shall retire." She waited for the response, ready either way.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:02 pm

I nodded with a smile.

''Try to remember that you can count on my help always...Just one thing can you help me to decide what dress to wear for the party tomorrow and then you may go.''

I said kindly with a slightly smile.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 am

Her eyes lit up at the thought of helping choose a dress. "Oh, of course my lady! Show me what selection you have to choose from." She could only imagine what lustrous fabrics and rich colors Mary Rose would have in her wardrobe. "Would you need any help with jewelry as well?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

I smiled to her happily and took her hand waking towards the closet with my dresses.

''Here we are I choose some of them but I can not decide what is right one.We have a green one with pearls on it,white with silver embroideries,colorful with collar,purple with black top,black with lace,pink with black lace,red one from silk,gray with little green on it.''

I showed her a dresses I choose waiting to hear her opinion .

''I don't wish take your time any longer and I will manage some how to choose jewelry.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am

She allowed herself to lightly touch the gown fabrics, then tapped her finger on her chin. "Personally I would choose the green dress with pearls. It is a color that will complement your skin." She gazed lovingly at the other gowns, all of which were beautiful in their own ways. "I am so looking forward to the party. I will have to find a gown just as lovely," she smiled at the princess.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I nodded in agreement.

''I was thinking the same but I was not sure,thank you for helping me...You will like the party I am sure.''

I said and looked carefully at her.

''You know what? As my gift for your wedding you may choose one of this dresses for you.They are completely new I ordered them for party and I would be so happy if you take one.''

I smiled kindly to her.

Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:07 pm

She smiled at Mary Rose. "You are very welcome! I am glad to be of help of course." When the princess mentioned that she could take one as a wedding gift, Charlotte's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh my lady, you are so gracious! If you insist upon it, I shall take one." She could not take her eyes off the red silk. "I think this is the best for me," she said as she pressed it against her figure. "My lady, I am grateful and cannot thank you enough!" she said with the brightest smile.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

I smiled widely when I saw how happy she was.

''Oh that dress would suit you perfectly.But you can not wear that dress without perfect jewelry.Come with me!''

I said and walked towards my jewelry box .Then I opened it and looked carefully trying to find something perfect for her.

''Do you see something that will goes perfectly with that dress ?''

I asked as I looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Charlotte laughed as Mary took her to the jewelry box and was speechless at the sight of so many pieces: sapphires set in silver, diamonds set in gold, ropes of pearls and brooches fashioned of gems Charlotte had never even seen before. "I know not what to choose!" she exclaimed joyfully. Then her eyes set upon the perfect pair of earrings: dark gold with rubies dripping from the ends. "I think these.. they will match the dress perfectly."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 pm

I nodded slightly and smiled.

''They will look on you beautifully! ''

I said and gave them to her.

''They are now yours as well as dress.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:22 am

Charlotte smiled. "Highness, you are too generous! I don't know what to say except.. thank you!" She shook her head in disbelief at how fortunate she was. "I hope you don't think I will always expect gifts," she said, looking away as a blush colored her face.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm

I smiled to her and shook my heard a little.

''Of course not my lady! This is your wedding gift from me that is all.''

I looked at her kindly.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm

She again shook her head in disbelief. "I am thankful for these gifts, Your Highness." She returned the smile and gathered the items. "Shall I help you dress for the party?" she offered.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 pm

I nodded to her kindly.

''That would be nice,Lady Charlotte.''

I said smiling gratefully.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 pm

She nodded brought the green dress to the bed, laying it out carefully and smoothing it down. She helped Mary Rose with her gown, untying the sleeves at the shoulders and unhooking the corset underneath. She unhooked the skirt and retrieved another corset, a bit more decorative with gold and silver embroidery that perfectly complemented the emerald-colored gown and put it on her. She delicately added the dress to the princess' slim figure, tying where it needed, and she stepped back to see what else she could do. The gown fit perfectly, made exactly to Mary's measurements so very few adjustments were necessary. "I must say.. you look flawless! Lovely!" she beamed. "Come here, have a look in the mirror," she led her to the full length mirror.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 pm

I steeped in my dress and took a deep breath when she started to lance my corset.When I was dressed I turned to her and smile.

''Thank you,lady Charlotte.''

I came to the mirror and looked at myself nodding in approval..

''You were right! This dress is perfect for me and party.I wanted to make a good impression and this dress will help me.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm

She gently smoothed out the sleeves on the gown and looked at her in the mirror. "You will turn many heads, I daresay your fiance the duke will be jealous," Charlotte smirked. "What jewelry have you to wear? Tonight is special, so perhaps there is a piece that has special meaning to you?" She thought suddenly of how she might not be here for Mary's wedding, and it saddened her. She did not want to break the news just yet.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:54 am

I laughed softly,at her words.

''Ah I am not sure that any heads would turn for me,since more beautiful younger ladies are now at court.''

I nodded to her and took the pearl necklace with pearls, and emerald green crystal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

''I was thinking to wear this necklace that my sister gave to me,before she died.''

I said sadly,thinking of my dear sister wishing that she is here with me now.Then I looked at Charlotte,she seamed little sad.

''Is everything alright?''

Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 am

"You speak as though you are an old woman already," she playfully chided. "And there may be many ladies at the party but none of them are princesses of England, announcing their engagement tonight," she coaxed.

She gazed at the necklace in awe. "It is beautiful! And it will go excellently with the gown." She looked sadly at Mary Rose. "I am sure if your sister were here she would be proud of you tonight," she said softly.

Charlotte wanted to keep the bad news for later, but she supposed Mary would find out sooner or later. "I don't want to upset you, it's only protocol after all... Anthony and I are to leave court, after the party. The king has banished him for marrying me without permission" She tried to smile but still felt a little ashamed.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 am

I laughed a bit and shook my head.

''Ah my lady! I do feel sometimes as old woman but I guess you are right.Today is my day but I must confess that I am a bit nervous.''

I confessed to her and sighed deeply.

''I hope so...I do miss her very much,even if we didn't get along very well always I would like that she is here with me.''

I said sadly as I looked at my necklace.Then I looked at her and gently squeezed her hand.

''You didn't upset me...I should guess that he will do that,but maybe he will change his mind.Charlotte you should not feel ashamed you didn't do anything wrong and this is not forever .You know I envy you...You married from love,you will soon have a child,you are happy and you should not be ashamed.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:46 am

"You cannot be much older than myself!" she said laughing. "There is nothing to be nervous about. In fact I will be there also, as well as everyone who cares about you. Just think of the love everyone has for you, and you will be fine."

She looked at Mary Rose as she squeezed her hand. "You are lucky to have had a sister, even if you did not always get along. A sister is a part of you, and so she lives on through you," she consoled.

"I know it will not be forever, and perhaps the king may change his mind. But all the same I am so glad, so blessed that I now have a little family.." she lovingly touched her stomach, then remembered Mary Rose. "As will you," she said firmly.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

I smiled to her,her words helped me to feel leas nervous.

''Thank you! you words did helped me to feel better and leas nervous....I had one more brother,but he died also.Now is just me and Henry.But as you said they will always be part of me and wherever I go they will be with me.''

I looked at her swollen stomach and smiled.

''I will miss you very much...Even if we spend little time together I will,especially at my wedding.You must know that when you came back at court you will always have a place in my household.''
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:36 pm

"I'm glad I could be of help. It is the little I can do after you have done much for me," she said humbly. She nodded as Mary mentioned a brother, and recalled the late Prince Arthur, who'd died before Charlotte was even born. "We never really lose the ones we love. They stay with us in spirit," she said smiling. She had not known what it was like to really lose a loved one, and she knew she could not cope with it if she lost any of those who she held in her heart.

"I will miss you as well, but I will be sure to write you and send a proper wedding gift. I would be honored to return to your household when I come back to court." She smiled at Mary Rose. "I will see you at the party. Remember there is no reason to be nervous. Everyone will wish only the best for you."
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I nodded to her slightly.

''Yes you must write to me! I want to know everything about you and the baby.Thank you and I will try to remember that! And we will see each other at the party.''

I said kindly to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber   Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mary Rose Tudor's bedchamber
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next