The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Dining Room

Go down 
+7
Anthony Denny
Juana of Aragon
Anne Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
Anne Clifford
James Stuart of Scotland
Henry VIII of England
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Dining Room - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:59 pm

Henry smiled, almost amused by his words

Abigail..You're right being protective, Anthony. I'm sure she is beautiful and with no lack of suitors. She could marry a Gentleman of the Privy Chamber like you. So she'll have no need to work as nurse. But..I admit, I'm very protective as well, Anthony. Towards my sister and my daughters..

He added before taking a sip from wine
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Anthony smiled - perhaps if the King had a good opinion of Anthony he might shine his favour upon Abby. Anthony wanted the best for Abigail and if he could, he would ensure that she excelled in her chosen occupation. A time may come when Anne Bolyen would require the services of a nurse - after all - she still had to deliver her promise of an heir.

"She is a pretty little thing. I think my parents are ready to get her married and run her own estate - she is of a marriageable age now. I would prefer - for her safety - that she married and settled down but she is happy right now. And...I confess, that she is quite modern and would not submit to her husband’s will readily."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Henry smiled while nodding

I see. All young women are like your sister, Anthony..trust me. But she will be happy to be married soon. And once married..modern ideas will go away quickly..

He patted softly his shoulder chuckling
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 am

Juana de Borja d'Aragona arrived within the walls of the palace in England, she had been worried often for her cousin but she knew she must see the king about her own matters at hand, Juana entering announced as Princess Juana of Naples curtsies to his majesty "your majesty it is good to see you again it has been sometime now." she told him

Lately her uncle had not been well and her grandfather's health was no better, she had been made immediate heir to the throne of Naples. Looking at his majesty "I have visited her majesty my cousin, she I am afraid had been quite ill I worry for her health your majesty" she spoke worriedly "forgive me your majesty, but while I was there I was met by one of your subjects I found him to be most appalling while among my presence and that of my cousin, he appoached her chambers without a royal seal from your majesty, he even threatened myself as well" she told him "your majesty his grace the duke of Norfolk's behavior concerned me, I am aware our alliance and friendship is a delicate one." she spoke honestly "but is it permitted of him to enter Naples as well and make such threats against me as well" she questioned.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Henry was having dinner alone. He listened the Princess carefully once she entered and began to speak. He smiled simply

Your Highness..welcome back. Hope you have not eaten yet. Please, join me for dinner. Hope you like duck..

He ordered to servants to prepare food for her and invited her to sit with him at his table. Then he took a breath

The Duke of Norfolk..you said? Hmm..recently he makes me concerned as well, my Lady. But I think he is just concerned for his niece Anne, my Queen to be..

He replied, ignoring her comment about Katherine
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Juana listened to the King of England speak and she nodded and took a seat "yes my journey had been long, I've not eaten yet. Thank you for your kindness" she told him taking a seat at the table with him, when she spoke of the matters at hand of the duke of Norfolk she listened to his words in return, "your majesty he spoke to me of treason, he may have been worried for his niece the lady Anne," she told him and paused for a moment

"Your majesty he came to me demanding I hold my tongue with him, he threatened treason against me when he had no power to do so" she spoke honestly "forgive my bluntness your majesty, but his behavior was offensive as it was within the walls of Naples and as well during my visit with my cousin" she told him but noticed his ignorance of her concerns of her cousin "forgive me your majesty, if mentioning my cousin offends you" she told him and looked down sadly "your majesty , I am aware your affections no longer lie with my cousin, although she does love you very much. I do hope the lady Anne is good to you and makes you happy, your majesties happiness is important after all" she told him honestly.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:23 am

Henry listened her in silence. He took a long sip of wine while she was talking. Then he sighed deeply and looked at her

My Lady..your cousin is not my matter anymore. She is now out of my life. Mentioning her doesn't offend me at all. But since I'm now going to have a new wife, I'd love not hearing people talking about the Dowager Princess of Galles..

He said, cleaning his mouth with a napkin. He avoided to call her "Queen of England", since that title was taken from her

And...about Norfolk, I'll talk with him soon. He is Anne's uncle, and he will be part of royal family soon. That's why he needs my approval for anything he says or does. Don't worry about that..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 1:03 am

The young Princess, Juana of Naples looked at the King, hearing his words she sat there "Then I have but one request" she told him and looked over at him

"You once told me of your love for her, I was but a girl then, so young and about to wed my husband. All I ask your majesty is that you permit me to bring her to Naples, in hopes she may have a chance to live, a doctor to care for her, some food and warmth, I would like to see to it she is looked after well" she told him and heard his words on the Duke of Norfolk and nodded

"I am grateful your majesty, that you will speak with him".
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:05 am

Henry used his napkin to clear his mouth. Then he took a breath and looked at her

Your Highness..your cousin is now living at Kimbolton Castle. I think it's a decent place to live for a Royal Princess. So..I can't give you permission to bring her out from England. She could contact the Pope..and do something against me. If she is sick..I'll send her my physician. That's all..

He said with a clear irritation in his voice
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 pm

The young Princess of Naples looked at the king and nodded understanding why he would reject such a idea. She could see he was worried if her cousin had contact with the pope what could possibly occur and she looked at his majesty once more "then a physician it is, she had been quite unwell, her skin it is often cold and she had been quite ill. Please your majesty if her leave is not permitted then promise me at least she will be well cared for, that a doctor will visit her and her progress improves. I pray for her health and happiness often as would anyone for their family as I wish only that she is doing well" she spoke

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 5:45 pm

The sound of my shoes clicking against the stone floors cut through the silence like a knife. It did little to sooth my nerves, I was heading towards a room that held bad memories for me. My late father had only ever seen me in the King's private dinning room when I visited as a child. A place I came to dread as it would surely mean that my siblings would be lauded with praise and affection while my father would barely look at me and ask only of my education at Poissy. Even the sight of the door, made me, a grown woman, shiver with the fear I felt when I was a child. It took all my courage to raise my fist and knock it against the oak door. Three times my knuckles hit the wood. It was all I could muster as I waited to be admitted. Henry was my brother, and very much unlike my father. He cared for me and now, I would ask for his aid: should I ever need it to support my daughter. Stepping back, I waited and with a silent sigh, I hoped that my brother would be in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:12 am

Henry was still listening at Juana's words. He was going to reply, when a servant entered and announced his sister Katherine. Surprised, he nodded

Of course. Let her come in..
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 11:39 am

"The Princess Katherine." The steward announces as he opens the door. Shown in, I move gracefully into the chamber. Casting my eyes around, little had changed since the dinners I had spent with my father and family as a child, memories that I would rather forget but were etched into my mind. I curtsey before my brother, locks of my golden hair tumbling down and sweeping about my face, framing it beautifully. Rising, I gaze at my brother and smile, "Majesty." I sing and quickly casting a glance at the woman that sat with him, my smile is immaculately gracious. "Your Highness." Returning to my eyes to my brother, I take a step closer to him and speak in soft, hushed tone. "Henry, may I speak with you?"
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:40 pm

When the princesses visit was interrupted, Juana sat there but soon turned her head towards the Kings sister and smiled "welcome your highness, it is a pleasure to meet you" the young Princess of Naples spoke and looked at the King "surely your majesty would not mind your sister joining us this fine evening" Juana spoke and then looked back at the women in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 3:01 pm

As I take a seat, gracefully perching myself upon the chair nearest my brother, my Lady-in-Waiting paraded into the room with my daughter in her arms. "Votre Majeste" Marguerite sings as she places my beloved child into my open arms. Sitting up, Lizzie inspects the room around her; taking in everything from the floor to the chair her uncle held, as she gazes about. "Ce sera tout , je vous remercie Marguerite." I smile. And with a sweeping curtsey, my most trusted friend and confidante left. Left myself and my daughter to the mercy of my brother's whim; all the while praying that I would find Henry agreeable to my request. The already exquistely beautiful toddler in my arms giggled as she gazed upon the man that could aid her and I in the next chapter of our lives; my brother. "My apologies, your Highness, for the interruption....but Henry.... it is of the upmost importance." Casting my gaze downward, I look at the top of Lizzie's head; the full head of hair that covered the ten month old child's head was as mine was; golden. Just like my mother and grandmother's before us. We we're golden haired Yorks, Woodville blondes, very much unlike my Tudor father and siblings. Putting such thoughts of the past from my mind, I focussed upon the future. Lizzie's future. And I would do my upmost to persuade Henry to help assure it.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Henry looked at his sister. He nodded. Then, turning towards Juana

Your Highness..we shall continue our conversation another day. Thanks for coming..

He looked at Katherine again and smiled

Sister, come and sti with me. I shall listen you..
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Lifting Lizzie up my lap, so that we are both comfortable: I flash a grateful smile towards my brother. "Thank you Henry, darling." Sighing quietly "I am truly grateful."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Henry looked at his sister. He smiled at Lizzie while a servant was pouring her some water for her and the baby girl

So..what's the matter, sister? You look worried. What can I do for you?

He asked calmly and waited for her to reply
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Princess Juana d'Aragona looked at the King and nodded "of course your majesty" she spoke knowing the matters of family was far more important, she soon got up and excused herself soon leaving for Naples.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:53 am

I arrive at Whitehall hearing that the king wanted to talk with me after a visit from Juana.

I ask the kings servant to inform his majesty of my arrival at his chambers and I ask him to tell the king:
" You wanted to speak to me your Majesty?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

"It is about Lizzie, darling..." Sighing, I gaze at my brother with a sad smile. What I was to ask brought the greatest sorrow to my heart but I had no other choise. For my daughter's sake, I had to make the request. "I am a peeniless widow, Henry, a powerless dowager queen and without suitors, I have no other option but to ask for you help. Though it pains me to say it... to secure and assure Lizzie's future, I would like you to help me to search for a suitable betrothal." As my bottom lip began to tremble, I bit down upon; trying with all my might not to cry. "I know she is young but it is my only option... our only option."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Henry sighed and looked lovingly at her

I care about Lizzie's future too. And about yours, of course. I promise that your daughter will be engaged soon with a suitable future husband. But..what about you, sister? Your previous suitor was not of your liking? I remember you were happy to meet him..

He replied frowning a bit. He really wanted to see Katherine happy just like Mary Rose

[OOC: Thomas Howard, you shouldn't come in my chambers without permission interrupting threads. Please, read rules. Thank you..]
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 10:19 am

"He never arrived Henry..." I stated, pursing my lips as I cast my eyes away from his gaze. "I must be the laughing stock of Christendom. Portrait after portrait send out across Europe, and still none are interested." I laughed sadly. It must have seemed to almost every ruler across the continent that I was a joke. An embarrassment to my brother and family. I had been widowed after less than a year of marriage and forced to return home, begging my brother's support and charity. It was little wonder I could hear the voice of my father, a man that couldn't bear the sight of me, ringing in my ears. "Perhaps, I am not as beautiful and as eligible as I was when I married Francis... it is more than likely." Taking a deep breath, I return my gaze towards him and muster a gracious smile. After all, he had agreed to aid Lizzie and I, a grateful smile was the least I could. "Thank you though. All I can do now is hope I can give Lizzie a brighter future than her mother's."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Henry smiled and shook his head at the same time. He took a deep breath

Oh..don't be silly, Katherine. You're one of the most beautiful lady in the whole England. Perhaps in the whole Europe. Master Holbein made a great portrait of you. And even the poet Thomas Wyatt wrote about your beauty in his poetry..

He paused and poured her some more wine

You have been unlucky..I admit that. But you're still young and beautiful. I believe you're also fertile. I promise..that in few months you'll be happily married with a worthy husband. And you'll make me uncle again with a lot of little princes and princesses..

He laughed and squeezed softly her hand to show her his support
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 3:25 pm

I released a laugh from my smiling lips, my hand gently squeezing his back affectionately. "You're my brother, you're supposed to think I'm beautiful." My brother could be many things and was praised and criticized by many for his actions as a man and ruler, but when it came to me; he was always a loving brother. I admit, I had seen him do things that shocked me...but no matter how changeable his temperament could be, deep down I knew I always had his support. "You're very confident Henry. I don't see them lining up outside the audience chamber but I'll take your word for it." I giggled softly. I was not so convinced and had become certain that there would be no more babies for me, but I didn't wish to dampen his mood with such a somber thought. With a smile, I sing "And I am sure you will make me an Aunt again. Many times over."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Dining Room
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next