The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Dining Room

Go down 
+7
Anthony Denny
Juana of Aragon
Anne Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
Anne Clifford
James Stuart of Scotland
Henry VIII of England
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

King's Dining Room - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 am

-Rosalina di Calabria looked at the king as she stood there, She nodded "It will pass, I am sure" Rosalina said to the King but she was wrong indeed, taking a sip from the cup with water in it, she wore her Spanish cloth of a red color with black on it, her growing stomach showing big and she wore a headwear of spanish style on her head as well which was a hooded headwear of spanish black cloth with red lining around it with pearls and jewels laying at her shoulder blades, glancing at the King she looked at him "Your majesty, the child, he's coming" Rosalina said and she is now in labor, calapsing on the floor she pulls herself up trying to breath as she is in need of a midwife and she stays there-
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 am

Henry looked shocked at her and stood up immediately

The child..what?!

He reached her with quick steps and made her sit on her chair again slowly

Please, sit down, my lady. Breath deeply..you will be in infirmary soon. We have a very good midwife at Palace. Guards!

He shouted
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Anthony arrived at the King's quarters, brushing his hands in anticipation down his doublet and ruffling his hand habitually through his hair. It was still bright outside and the sun blazed hot, despite the hours racing fast into the late afternoon. Never the less, what seemed like hundreds of candles were propped up in golden candelabras and the apartments shone.

Certainly, he thought, to be invited to the Kings chambers was flattering enough but to his dining room was an even greater honour...an ostenstaious display of kinship. There was no need to knock, footmen almost pounced on Anthony when he arrived-bidding him to wait while they announced his arrival to the king.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Henry was stitting at his table. Servants were bringing him wine and food for dinner, when sir Anthony Denny was announced by a guard. He nodded

Let him come in..
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Anthony nodded as the servants opened the door. He daren't admit it but he was eager to please the King, it was the only way to succeed in England now. So he tread lightly into the room, touching his hand to his stomach as he swept a respectful bow, "My King, " he said with a charming smile and rose - discreetly glancing around the room.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Henry smiled as he saw him, and he showed the empty chair next to him

Sir Denny! I was waiting for you. Please, come and join me for dinner. I'm very pleased to meet you..

He said, while servants were pouring more wine for his guest
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Anthony grinned, relieved at such a warm reception from Henry. He was taller than he remembered but then again, he'd only seen him in passing around court.

Anthony took some wine from one of the servants, casting his gaze about the room, "It is an honour, Your Majesty. I assure you the pleasure is entirely mine."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Henry smiled motiong to servants to bring them food

I'm glad you came, sir Denny. I heard many good things about you. The Duke of Suffolk told me that you both already met..

He said showing a kind smile
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 9:18 am

He nodded with a smile, taking a deep breath as he saw the spread laid on the table. He wondered what the King had heard of him curiously.

"Well I hope Your Majesty has only heard good things of me, "he said playfully and added, "Yes. He is a capital man. He displayed exceeding loyalty to Your Majesty...I must also thank you now for allowing me a position on your Privy Council, like Brandon."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Henry nodded. He gestured to servant to step back from the table and took a sip from wine

I only have trustful men in my Council, my lord. And I know for sure that you are one of them. Your family always served loyalty the crown. So..I decided to allow you my favour. But now tell me..how do you find your future wife?

He asked with a teasing grin on his lips
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:12 am

Anthony took a sip from the goblet, the wine was one of the finest he tasted. As he took the goblet away from his mouth, a mischievous smirk appeared on his lips - noticing the King's playful expression.

Anthony chuckled and brushed his hand through his hair, pretend to be unfazed by Joan,"She is quite...," he began, "Quite unexpectedly pleasing. But...well, she is young, spirited and that is why I am now here in court and not with her. She has a tempestuous heart."

He took another sip of wine, "But I trust Your Majesty is soon to be content."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Henry laughed and took another sip from wine after him

Uhm..a tempestuos heart! I like it. Actually all women are like this, Anthony. She must be a good girl. So...don't break her heart..

He added, looking at him with a mock serious face. Then he tasted his soup, before adding

And tell me..is she...tempestuous in bed too?

Since he was used talking openly about ladies with Charles, he hoped he could do the same with Anthony
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Anthony nodded, quite surprised by the King's banter but entirely enjoying their bawdy talk. As he began to eat the soup, he nearly choked with laughter at the King's words.

With a chuckled he replied, "Well indeed. I'm sure there is much she may be taught, Your Majesty," he winked and added, "But she is willing to learn...and...pleasing thus far."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Henry laughed and nodded. He started eating

Good for you, Anthony..good for you. I'm sure she will be a good wife for you. You're such a good boy. Loyal and very well behaved. I'd like to meet her..

He said smiling
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:34 am

Anthony chuckled, glad to have made such an impression but whether it was an accurate depiction of his character remains to be seen.

"Well thank you and of course, Your Majesty. I sure she would be happy to receive such an honour."

Anthony began to eat the food in front of him, "May I ask after the Marquis? I hope she is well..."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Henry smiled at him and nodded

Of course. She is fine, Anthony. Lady Anne and I are ready to leave for France. I'll introduce her officially to King Francis. And the whole court will follow us. Hope you and your future wife will join us there..

He replied, before taking another sip from his wine
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Anthony nodded with bright eyes - the idea of travelling again was almost irresistible, "Of course, Your Majesty - it would be a pleasure to accompany you."

He took a sip of the wine and added playfully, "Perhaps - Your Majesty - it will be something of a honeymoon for yourself and the Lady Anne and for me and Joan."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Henry nodded while smiling

Yes..a sort of. Even if we're not married, yet. But you know, Anne lived at french court for long time, but as lady in waiting. While now..she will be back there as future Queen of England. I also think that Anne and Joan will become good friends..

He chuckled looking at him
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:36 am

Anthony nodded and took another sip of wine, "I'm sure my Joan would like that. She is very young Your Majesty - I think it would do her well to have a few companions. My sister is of a similar age to her but she is often busy with her work."

Anthony brushed a hand through his hair, setting his goblet upon the table for a moment,"Tell me, how long do you think to stay in France?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Henry shrugged after taking a piece from his meal

A week or two, I guess. It will be a very special event for Anne, even more important than her coronation as Maquis of Pembroke. And very soon, she will consider the idea of taking Joan into her household. It would be nice for her, being her husband so close to the crown..

He smiled patting softly his shoulder
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:53 pm

James smiled, taking a crust of bread from his plate, "Indeed, I imagine - in many ways - it will be a home coming for Anne. The lady must have a great deal many happy memories of France, of course they will be eclipsed by the memories you shall both have of this visit."

Anthony thought of Joan, remembering her discussing Catherine Parr. At least if she was lady for Anne, they would be together - but he forced himself to realise that Joan would happier being a lady - if she had to be a hand-maiden - for a woman of her choosing, "Perhaps, it would certainly be an honour and no doubt a joy for my Joan. Although, she has been offered a place with the Baroness Catherine Parr, perhaps Your Majesty has heard of the woman? I'll admit and I'm sure Your Grace will understand that I am...reluctant, to be parted from her during the early stages of our relationship..."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Henry looked at him and nodded slowly

Lady Catherine...yes, I know her. She is married with Baron Edward Borough. But I heard that he is not in good health. So..if Joan already accepted to be in her household, Anne will understand. After all..Catherine is going to become a widow, and she will need someone at her side to face this event. While Anne is going to become Queen of England. So don't worry..you won't be parted from her. Not for long, at least..

He replied. Then he took a piece of meat and eat him hungrily smiling at him
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Anthony nodded thoughtfully, "Well indeed. Perhaps, the baroness would be keen to come to court to remove herself from the pressures of caring for her sickly husband and have someone else care for him. Never the less, I will speak of it to Joan and see what she may say. "

His mind drifted to his sister as they spoke of the poorly baron, "My sister is actually a nurse in court right now, she is an excellent medic...perhaps she could tend to Baron Parr," Anthony said and picked at the food upon his plate. It was clearly the best selection in the land, rich meats and sweet tasting food...and of course the wine.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Henry was surprised by his words and looked at him with admiration

A nurse..really? That's excellent. If she knows about the Baron's health, she could take care of him. I dind't know that your sister were a nurse, Anthony. What's her name? Sorry..but I forgot..

He asked curiously before taking another piece from his meal
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Anthony smiled proudly. To be sure, he wasn't exactly enthusiastic about his sister being a nurse - how could he when he was so protective of her? He still saw her as an innocent girl and even in moments of clarity he did sometimes wish - for her own safety - that she would be content to sew as much as their mother did. However, she was like him in so many ways and her ambition saw her excel in her chosen profession and so he could not help but beam with pride, "Abigail, Your Majesty," Anthony said.

"She is my littlest sister," he explained and sipped his wine, "So I am sure you may understand how protective I am of her. Nursing I am sure is not for the faint hearted...which Abby certainly is not."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Dining Room
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next