The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Study Room

Go down 
+26
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Muriel Howard
Juana of Aragon
Margaery Tyrell
Henry Fitzroy
Emma Moore
William Davenport
Faith LeBeau
Richard Meyer
Francesca Benedetti
Thomas More
William Kingston
Mary Tudor
Thomas Wyatt
Thomas Boleyn
William Stuart
Anthony Knivert
Mary Rose Tudor
Charles Brandon
Thomas Howard
Anne Boleyn
Thomas Cromwell
James Stuart of Scotland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Nan Saville
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Study Room - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Once Cordelia left, servant announced Anthony and he allowed him to come in. He smiled warmly as he saw him bowing

Anthony! It's good to see you. Tell me...what brings you here, my friend?

He asked, reaching his desk again
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 am

I stood in front of his desk and took a deep breath. "Your majesty, we've known each other since childhood and we've joked about my liaisons, both past and present. However, as you know i've just returned from Bavaria. I went there to seek the hand of the lady Charlotte Rosenauer; a German lady in waiting who is caring my child." I said waiting for his reaction.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Henry remained speechless and looked surprised at him

You...you said you're going to become father...and husband? Who is this lady? I never heard of her...

He asked, confused
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:40 am

I needed a drink, I looked around the room for some wine; I poured me goblet and drank it down. "Well you see, she's a German lady, her name is Charlotte Rosenauer. She was traveling here with King Richard and the future Queen of Bavaria; Eleanor Mendoza. I was drawn to her right away. I bedded her one night and became with child. After that...." I paused and started walking around the room. "Well after that I couldn't stop thinking about her I fell in love with her majesty." I said looking at him trying to make him understand.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Henry looked curiously at him and invited him to sit

Well...I'm happy for you, my friend. I never thought that a womanizer like you should talk like that. She is pregnant, you said...So I suppose you're asking my permission to marry her, right?

He asked, noticing an hesitation in his voice
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 am

I sat down and looked to the side, I couldn't look him in the eye. "Well...um...you see i've already married her." I said as I felt my palms getting sweaty.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Henry opened his eyes wide and stood up

What?! You married her without my permission, Anthony? Why you did it?! You know perfectly that everyone in court needs my permission to get married! And you also know...that I banished Charles from court for marrying secretely my sister!

He shouted angrily, leaning his hands on his desk
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 am

My heart felt as if it was going to leap out of my chest. "Forgive me majesty, but if you will..." I paused to gather my thoughts "I'm in love with this woman and I feared that if I didn't marry her I would lose her." I stayed seated and gulped. "I wanted to tell you first before you found out by other means." I lowered my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Henry took a deep breath and rolled his eyes

You know the rules, Anthony! You are a member of Privy Chamber. You can't act like...a commoner!

He paused and walked towards window

You'll join the hunt that I arranged with all other court's gentlemen, Anthony. But after that...you'll leave court for a while. You'll be back once I'll decide in your favour. This is my decision. And this is your punishment...

He said firmly, turning to him
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 am

I lowered my eyes knowing he would give me this punishment. "Yes your majesty, I understand" I said knowing the only place my wife and I could go was back to Bavaria since I had no family here.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Henry took a deep breath and looked at him

I have to do that, Anthony. I can't act in different way than I acted with Charles in the past. Hope you understand...Your wife will give birth your child far from english court...

He said firmly, still staring at him
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:34 am

I knew he was only being far and couldn't play favorites. "Yes, majesty I know I was not thinking clearly I hope you can forgive me." I said with a sinking feeling, that I had let him down.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Henry nodded with a serious face. He was fighting against himself. He loved Anthony, but he couldn't forgive him immediately. Especially after what's happened with Charles. He smiled weakly

I'm sure you learned the lesson, Anthony. You and Charles are more similar than I thought. You haven't married my sister Mary Rose, at least...

He rolled his eyes, before adding

I want to see you in the forest for hunt, and tomorrow at Autumn Party. You may go, Anthony...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:40 am

As the king's business never really sleeps, Cromwell went to the king's study to find he was with a guest in there. He waited patiently in the antechamber for the king to be available again.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Henry saw an amused smile on Anthony's face. After he bowed and left, a servant announced Cromwell. He was waiting for him for signing some important documents. Then he reached his desk again and looked at the door

Let him come in...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:05 am

He entered the room, bowing respectfully. "Majesty.. I trust you are well this day. As usual, the business of England" He produced a sheath of papers ready for the king's signature and seal, and stepped aside unassumingly. But he had to speak his mind.

"Majesty, I hope you will indulge my question, on your divorce.."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Henry took the papers that Cromwell's brought to him and kept on signing them. Once he put the last sign, he handed the papers to him again

That's all?

He asked, rubbing his forehead, and almost ignoring his sentence because of tireness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 am

He shifted nervously. "Majesty, I beg your indulgence, but I believe you should know that those whom you set to decide on your divorce aren't doing everything they should.".
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 am

Henry looked perplexed at him and handed him the last paper

Thank God...What is it, Master Cromwell?

He asked curiously, staring at him

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 am

He cleared his throat but knew he had the courage he needed to speak. "I know of someone who would argue that your divorce is based on a theological issue and would debate it as such." He waited to see what the king would say.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Henry was listening carefully at him. He sighed and opened his eyes wide

Do you mean...it should be not discussed in a court? But, in this case...who can decide about that?

He asked, a bit confused

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 am

He took a deep breath. A colleague of mine at the university has an interesting opinion on your Great Matter: he believes it is a spiritual rather than domestic case and should be decided by the best theologians in the best universities in Europe. He found momentum, and continued his case. Unlike what the church officials are currently doing, this would ensure a swift decision because after all a king shouldn't be submissive to a foreign jurisdiction. That is exactly what Rome, and the Vatican, are to England.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Henry listened carefully at every word he said. That was not a bad idea. After all, Wolsey failed his target. Why not to try, then? Maybe some Universities will support Katherine, but he had to try. He nodded

Would you write a document with these arguments?

He asked, staring at him

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 am

Cromwell perked up at the idea of doing such. "It will be a pleasure and an honor, Majesty." he said humbly, a smile starting to show on his lips.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Henry pointed at Cromwell with his finger

No! I order you to do it...And I also order you, as Vicar, to visit Universities around Europe. I want their theological faculties's opinion as soon as possible...

He paused and looked at Thomas while reaching the door. He stopped him with his firm voice

Oh...Thank you, Master Cromwell!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study Room   Study Room - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study Room
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next