The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Steps

Go down 
+7
Guinevere D'Amboise
Margaret Wyatt
Benjamin Baines
Viola Lancaster
Noelle Hoffman
James Stuart of Scotland
Jane Bassett
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 pm

I wish, Anthony thought to himself, allowing his eyes to follow the gentle curve of her waist as she sat down, how her gown spilled around her-a smile formed on his lips.

He then replied and sat down on the step beside her, "Well you seem to be excelling in this man's company...except you have not told me your name, Mistress...?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 2:59 pm

I relaxed my shoulders back as he seated himself next to me. He was a very handsome man his beauty was probably underrated by other ladies at the court, he was handsome in his own way. My name is Joan happy to meet you Anthony.

Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Anthony smiled and glanced to his arm, noticing she brushed against him as she perched beside him. He ran a hand through his hair and tilted his head, "A pleasure, Joan."

He then cleared his throat and glanced ahead, looking onto the vast expanse of land beyond them.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Do I make you feel uncomfortable in my presence? I do not mean to I know that man alone finds my body most appealing than I myself. Which is why I take to dressing like a nun I suppose. I shifted my weight onto my right handside making sure our bodies did not touch.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Anthony smiled indulgently and looked at her again, "On the contrary, Miss. You are, by the dew to your skin, some years younger than me. It is your comfort that is paramount-not mine."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 5:46 pm

I am very comfortable with you. Age is all but a number you do not look old as you claim to be. Smiling I went and picked a buttercup from the nearby grass.

Have you ever tried this before? You dangle the buttercup under your chin and see if it reflects. I wanted an excuse to look at his eye's again. They reminded me of the sky on a summers day.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Anthony chuckled, raising his chin allowing the golden petals to brush upon his stubbled chin and as he did, he drank in her appearance. He marked the pink hue to her lips, which curved as gently as the petals on the buttercup.

He then gently took the flower from her hand, his fingers brushing against hers, "If I may..."

He held it beneath her chin and smiled to himself as he noticed the honey glow on her skin.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:06 pm

I held my breath as his fingers gently brushed by my hair. I got a chance to take in his modest handsome face. He had the most adorable pointed tip on his nose that I wanted to kiss. I think roses or a peony would look the best in my hair. The colour of rouge to match my petal lips.

I have somewhat of a strange request from you if you would like to humour me. I felt my heart thuddering in my chest as I thought of his lips on mine. I am to be married to a man I barely know and a man that I have no choice in whom I have to give myself to. Would you, would you kiss me just this once before we part ways.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:14 pm

He nodded in agreement, noticing a flush spread across her skin and trickle to her chest. He then quickly glanced up and cleared of his throat, looking into her eyes upon hearing her request. He glanced to his hands and chuckled, barely considering the proposal as tempting as it was.

"You and I alike then, I too have a bond in matrimony to one I have yet to meet. However, no matter how little affection I hold for my unknown betrothed...I do not very much like the idea of stranger's lips upon hers...instead of mine. Indeed, I consider mine unworthy of yours."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:26 pm

I blinked away feeling my inner fire being burnt out. You are a loyal man you don't have many of those around. At least I hope that if we may see each other at court you would stop and say hello should our paths cross.

The forbidden fruit was always going to be favoured move over the handed reality of my situation. I have never been kissed before so my betrothed does not need to worry for that. Although, I would like to drive him with jealousy do you think that cruel.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Anthony grinned and said rather deeply, "Naturally, I promise I would wade through the swathes in court to just bow my head to you."

He then tilted his head and said mischievously, "I think perhaps I misjudged you, Joan. I perceived a fragile waif-but here I perceive a cruel temptress.

He winked and added,"You must tell me more of you so I can learn the true nature of your heart."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

It's like a mask I seem sweet but I am not. Naturally I do have a sensitive side just like every human being. It's a charade i've used to keep men at bay I think it works.

It was nice to let my guard down so freely with this man. If we had not been betrothed to others things could be a lot different. I don't want to settle for second best I want to be the apple of my betrothed eyes. I have read about love in many books probably too many. I want to be free like a horse in the wild running with the wind in it's hair. I am a passionate woman.

I let out a massive satisfying sigh resting my elbows on the steps. And what about you what holds in your heart. I playfully tapped his foot with mine.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Anthony smiled at her and glanced at her foot, it was light upon his. She seemed to glow when she spoke, her eyes were alive and bright - she spoke beyond her years, "You speak very wisely, Joan...your sentiments seem the same as mine, despite your youth..."

"My betrothed is not someone I love-nor do I believe I ever could. A son's duty is in conflict with a man's wishes. My father however claims I have been granted freedom in my youth but I think he wishes to shackle me to a woman now that I grow older."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:09 pm

I wasn't allowed freedom my father was beyond strict on me. He didn't want me to become ruined but I wish he would shown an element of trust. I raised my eyebrows suggestively at him when he spoke of his youth.

Care to elaborate on your ongoings as a young boy. Back at home we had a friend who was loose with her morals she now works in a brothal. It was hard that day when her father turned his back on her. After that my father started planning my betrothal I hoped I would marry a fisherman as they are never home.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:15 pm

"My parents are the same for my little sisters. They are so very often cooped up together but they find their own ways to still have fun. They are incredibly intelligent - better read than my brothers really."

Anthony then raised a brow and sighed, laughing a little, "I'fear my escapades are not fit to be heard by a stranger...let alone a girl. My bawdy talk may offend your gentility."

He then chuckled, "But alas if you married a fisherman he would return home reeking of fish and you would have to live in a smelly little hut by the sea. Did you ever consider a cloistered life...you say you dress more...modestly, than others."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm

It was hard to explain why I dressed why I did. It was an uncomfortable subject to talk about my past I didn't like to talk or even think about it. Clearing my throat I tried to explain as best I could. I am a female certain things come to us through womanhood. I never asked for the body I was handed but I don't like the attention of men they scare me.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Anthony sensed she had grown uncomfortable and he frowned a little. He thought she was withholding the full story but replied sympathetically, "Forgive me," he said deeply, "That was too personal a question. You are young, I am sure you shall learn to use men's weaknesses - for that is what they are - and I earnestly hope your husband shall guard you."

He added as a whisper, "I would."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm sorry I did not mean to sound as rude as I did. It's just.. sometimes things can happen and I know my figure has caused attention in the past. Could I trust a complete stranger with my safe guarded secret. I played the question over and over in my mind.

A man tried to hurt me once before. Apparently it was my fault as I "allured" him but I didn't. My childhood friend Peter fought him off and then my father thought it not safe for me to be unmarried.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:47 pm

"Not rude at all."

For some reason, as she told him this story he could feel an burning anger rise in his chest, "Did he succeed?" he asked worriedly.

"If I were your friend I would have killed him then and if I were your father, I would have done the same thing, "he then thought for a brief moment, "Was it this Peter boy you wished to marry?"

Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:03 pm

I put a tenative hand on his arm I could see the anger in his face. It was sweet for a stranger to care about my past circumstance. Oh no he did not suceed at all. But he did rip my favourite dress which was such a pity. Peter is my friend and nothing else! He moved away to cambridge to start a new life for himself. I've never wished to marry any man but after that day I covered my body with clothing as I did not want the unwanted attention.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 pm

He glanced at her hand, a delicate hand, on his arm. Her touch was, as ever, gentle. He expected no less. He smiled softly, "Well... if I had known you then, I would have commissioned new dress for you - an even better one."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 pm

You are to kind Anthony but I do not dress that way any more. Perhaps when I am married I might venture into a corset again. I used to plait my hair aswell letting it fall down my back I was a true lady.

I slowly removed my hand settling it next to the steps. I am glad that we have met Anthony. We have so much in common it's hard to believe. My mind started to wonder what kind of women he was going to marry.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:23 pm

He grinned, "Then soon may you marry-for your sake. Tell me...do you know much of your husband, or his family?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I playfully slapped his arm as I laughed off his flattering compliment. Anthony! You are a very cheeky man are you always this cheeky. I know that he is a gentleman of the privy chamber. I think when it is dark I might go and see what type of men come out. Do you know much about your betrothed.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Anthony laughed heartily, "Normally 'cheekier' really...I'm on my best behaviour with you."

He thought for a while, "I could be your spy, if this be the case for I'm in the privy council too. As for mine, she is also named Joan...I have heard she is a relation of the Ashley family."[/color]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steps - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steps   Steps - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steps
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next