The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 am

I sighed and grunted. This woman was getting on my last nerve, I was done with her insistent ways. I then looked at Charlotte and saw how distressed she looked. I knew it was important to her that the lady Gia and I agree on something. "I will accept your aid, along with anything else you wish to offer us. Your gifts are very much appreciated." I said in a hesitant tone, trying to be as calm as I could for my wife's sake.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Gia gave a deep sigh, still annoyed with the young man. She could have rolled her eyes, yet instead she gave a nod, "Sir Knivert," she spoke.

Gia glided across the room to Charlotte and placed her hands on her shoulders, looking her in the eye. She gave a smile, "you are in for quite an adventure, little Lotte." She gave a laugh, "remember to be strong and brave...and most of all to write to your old friend," she smiled, weakly, still saddened, yet angered slightly at Sir Knivert.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Charlotte was relieved when their talk was over, and as Gia came to speak with her she tried to smile, and when she blinked tears streamed from her eyes, She wiped them away with her fingertips, knowing she looked terrible when she cried. "I will, I will be strong, and happy. And I promise to write. Not a sunrise shall pass but you shall know of it," her voice broke as she reached out and embraced Gia tightly.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 am

I let the women speak, then I saw Charlotte begin to weep again. I felt horrible for treating her only family so unjust, then thought she treated me even more harshly. I walked up to Charlotte, "Come wife, it's getting late we should be on our way." I said and put my arm around her. I looked at Gia "Good day madame" hoping I wouldn't have to see her for a VERY long time.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:03 am

She looked up at Anthony as he put his arm around her, then looked back at Gia. "I hope, my lady, that you will not always think of me as shameful," she managed to say. She knew the time was getting close, and she had to close one chapter so she could start another.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Gia pulled Charlotte into her arms and blinked away her own tears. "No no no," she shook her head.

She lifted Charlotte's chin and gave her a smile, "there is no shame...and I am certain emotions shall pass." She gave her another smile, "I am glad you are happy, dear...now go one and start your new life," she laughed.

Gia gave her a kiss on the forehead and looked at the newly wed couple, smiling. "Safe journey to the both of you...and God speed," she smiled, attempting to put aside her emotions toward Sir Knivert.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 am

Charlotte nodded, attempting to look brave, and took a last look at Gia. All the memories of her young adulthood sprang to mind, unbidden thoughts. Every etiquette lesson, every lecture, every scolding she got when she deliberately went against the rules. Most of all she remembered the fond memories: walking along the canals on the way to Mass and seeing the peach and pink colored skies, reflected below in the waters, celebrating Carnival every year with masquerade dances, tasting her first wine and dancing at her first costume ball. Gia was always there to guide her down the right path. Now Charlotte had to fend for herself.

She embraced Gia once more before leaving, and as she looked up at Anthony as they left, she smiled and remembered that everything must change in order to survive.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm

It had been a week after Charlotte and her husband had left for England to begin their new lives together, and though Gia found herself in great sadness and disappointment, such emotions had faded and were left with a greater feeling of sadness.

She felt as though her very daughter had left, that her own flesh and blood had once again, left for a new life away from her.

Yet Gia still wanted to stay awhile at the Bavarian court, and wanted to experience a change of scene. Though, since her ward was now very much away, she decided it was time to invite her dearest student to court, to sing for the king and to visit and keep her company.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 pm

**letter from Charlotte Rosenauer to Gia Francesca Gasparri*

My dear Contessa,

I hope this letter finds you in great health and great spirits. I have begun to settle into life into the English court. I am now a lady in waiting to Princess Mary Rose Tudor, sister to King Henry. She is to be married soon, and so I have been helping her in whatever small ways I can to prepare for the joyous event. I am happy to say we have also developed a true friendship and I am honored such a lady would consider me a confidant. I hope to make you proud in this way.

I also must thank you for the physician you sent for me. Dr. Monterosso has given me the comforting news that my child is in excellent health and that I am as well. He wants me to gain a little more weight, and thus far I have been craving things I have never liked before: kiwifruit, oranges, and raspberries as well as foods high in salt. Of course Anthony has been so helpful and is excited, yet also anxious when it comes to what's best for the baby.

I write not only to keep you updated with the news of goings-on over here, but also to let you know we shall be visiting you again at the Bavarian court. I shall be having our child there, and hope to have you by my bedside when the times comes to let the little one into the world. I know you do not see in Anthony what I see in him, but I hope the pair of you shall reconcile at least for the duration of our stay, for my sake.

I miss you and you are always in my thoughts. I thank you for everything you have given me!

Sincerely,

Charlotte

Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Gia awoke in her bed with a sudden quickening of her heart, as though a loud blast had awakened her from sleep. Yet she found herself lying in bed, in the middle of the very afternoon, her back damp with sweat as she attempted to catch her breath.
She felt a sudden burst of pain in her stomach, and she doubled over where she lay, clutching her stomach as she released a cry of pain.

She prayed Mionetta would hear her and help.

"Netta," she cried, holding her stomach, "Netta, rapidamente, please!!"
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 am

Mionetta heard her friend and mentor call her, and without a seconds thought, she ran in to her room, throwing a robe around her own shoulders.

"Cosa c'è di sbagliato?" she rushed out, seeing Gia leaning over in pain.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 am

"Mio stomaco!!!" Gia shook her head, gritting her teeth in pain. "My stomach, my God, my stomach!!!" she wailed.

The pain was immense: a drilling, piercing pain in the center of her stomach, resonating to her back. It quickened her breath and forced her to place her hand on her chest for breath. She shut her eyes to it, however, quickly tears formed.

Gia found herself coughing for air and grasping the dark air for Mionetta's hand...

The pain began to slow...
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 am

Mionetta frantically took her hand, not knowing what else to do. With her other hand she fluffed up the pillows behind her and held her to prop herself up.

"Lie back, my lady, please," she swallowed, her heart racing as she watched her friend writhe in pain. "Shall I fetch some water? Some coals for the bed?" she rushed out.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Gia shook her head, her hand still on her stomach. "No, no...it's stopping...it's stopping," she took a deep breath.
She leaned back on the pillows Netta put behind her as she caught her breath, feeling her heart slow to normal pace.

She looked up at the ceiling to catch her breath.
Why does this keep happening? she thought to herself. Is there something horribly wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 am

Mionetta shook her head, "it looks like those are getting worse."

She wanted to do something, but knew not. "...shall I fetch a physician, or call for your own back home?"
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Gia nodded, still holding her stomach. "Yes, I think they are...I wish I could say what was wrong," she sighed.

She shook her head, "no, no."

She looked over at her prie dieu sitting before the window, an old part of her life that she had brought with her from Venice. She took Mionetta's hand

"Help me to my prie dieu," she pointed.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 am

"My lady, are you sure?" Mionetta frowned, slightly.

She already knew the answer: Gia was always devout and she figured what ailed Gia, she must think from an offense made against God.

Mionetta gently took her arm and hand, helping to pull her up from the bed and lead her over to the prie dieu.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Gia clenched her teeth as she stumbled over to the prie dieu, with only Mionetta's support for her weary body. She stumbled onto her prie dieu, sitting upon her knees as she gave a slight yell of pain.

"Thank you, mio amico," Gia gave a tired sigh as she clasped her hands. "I am sorry to have woken you, please, go back to bed," she nodded to the young woman.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 am

Mionetta watched as Gia pulled herself painfully to her prie dieu, finding herself astounded by the elder woman's devotion to her faith, even in the midst of pain.

"It was nothing, your ladyship," Mionetta nodded, giving a curtsey. "If you need anything else, please call, I know you are in pain."

She slowly turned toward the door she entered, nervous as to whether she should leave her friend alone during her pain, yet she knew Gia would find comfort in her prayer. She gave a nod, "sleep well," and quietly closed the doors to the room.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:50 am

Upon arriving at Neuschwanstein Castle, Charlotte was exhausted but nevertheless dressed to visit Gia. She walked to her rooms, feeling anxious yet excited to see her again. She quietly knocked upon the door, softly announcing herself. "My lady? It's Lotte.. Charlotte. I've returned." She could not keep the smile out of her voice.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Gia stood up from her writing desk, stopping a letter to her brother. She pinched the bridge of her nose for a moment and glided toward the door, opening it.

She smiled, seeing Charlotte glowing from pregnancy. She gave a curtsey and threw her arms around little Lotte.

"Ohhh, how are you my dear?" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Laughing as she was enveloped in an embrace, Charlotte replied: "I am very well, I missed you so! We have much to catch up on do we not? I am so looking forward to my stay here." She rubbed her belly and smiled with delight. "Please tell me how you've been, I hope I haven't left you too lonely."
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Gia clasped her pregnant ward's hands together, "yes, very much to catch up on," she nodded. .

Gia laughed, shaking her head, she moved to her bed, taking up a pillow in her hands. She hurried to her writing desk, placing the pillow on the seat, and moved it toward, Charlotte, having known the discomfort of standing while with child.
"No, you have not left me lonely," she smiled, "the court is very lovely, and the young lady from the school for girls has come to visit as well, Mionetta Rizzo."

"How have you been, my child, tell me all about your new court," she smiled, pulling up a chair beside Charlotte's
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:45 pm

She smiled at joining hands with Gia, and gratefully and gracefully sat upon the chair, it seemed she was always looking for a reason to rest or to sit down, she was not her usual restless self. "Yes, I recall the young lady from your letters. I do hope I shall have the pleasure to meet her, I think we will have much in common. But she must already be possessed of great potential, if you have taken her under your wing."

She thought about the court she left behind temporarily. "There is much vice," she began. "It is not like here, in England people are always looking to bed someone. Passions tend to rule. But I serve a very wonderful woman, the Princess Mary Rose. She is a splendid woman and I believe I can learn much from her. She was the queen of France you know, and is very cultured. She has also promised to teach me French, as it is one of the languages spoken at the English court. I was very lucky to be accepted at such a post, and I have promised to do my duties to her very faithfully." she replied, hoping to make Gia proud.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Gia nodded smiling, "yes, I think you two will get along swimmingly," she laughed. She gave a wave, "ohh, I merely aid these talented...it is up for her to rise to her potential," she nodded.

"Oh, my," Gia placed a stunned hand upon her heart, eyes wide. "Good heavens...they say the English king is mad with lust and sin, but I never truly thought such was the dominion of his own court," she shook her head. She gave nod, "yet this is your home now, and I am certain you serve as a ladylike example for the rest of the women of court."

Gia smiled, "yes, I have heard of her...ohhh, I am so glad that you have found such a respectable position under a most respectful young woman," she smiled. "It seems you are very well taken care of in your new home."

Gia gave a warm smile, looking at Charlotte's plump stomach, "now tell me all about the baby and how you have been with this little being inside of you," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: BAVARIA :: Neuschwanstein Castle :: Chambers-
Jump to: