The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 am

Charlotte curtsied."My lady, I wanted to introduce to you.. my husband, Sir Anthony Knivert. We were wed last night." Her eyes shone with hope as she looked from Gia to Anthony and back again. "We are leaving to England as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:23 am

I bowed my head "My lady, it's an honor to meet you." I said and gave her a charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Gia gave a nod to Charlotte and Sir Anthony, yet she tilted her head, frowning a little, as she tucked a loose curl behind her ear.

"Husband?" she raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Charlotte nodded. "Yes, Sir Anthony is my husband, and we're going to have a child." She felt relieved to say it, hoping Gia would understand it wasn't easy to admit. "It would mean so much to have your blessing."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 am

I took Charlotte's hand in mine as I saw the shock on her face. "My lady, I love Charlotte very much and I intend to make her very happy." I said and looked at Charlotte and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 pm

As Charlotte and Sir Anthony spoke, Gia began to pace about the room, a hand under her chin. She glided about, thinking, trying to understand, and in her thinking, at the mention of the word "happy," she could not help but give a laugh.

She covered her mouth and turned to face the two.

"And you are leaving today?...and you want my blessing?" she frowned a little.

She knew very well the answer to the question, and shook her head before they could answer.

"Charlotte, may I speak to you privately a moment?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm

The tension rose within Charlotte as she watched Gia looking deep in thought, troubled it seemed, by the news just broken to her.

"Yes, your blessing would mean the world, You know the situation with my family. I've already written to them, but... you are the closest person to a mother.." her voice broke.

When Gia asked for a word with her, Charlotte gave Anthony a quick glance, and moved near the window with Gia. Her heart was in her throat, pounding away.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Gia approached the window embrasure and took a deep breath, her head down and hands on hip.
She did not know what to say. She felt such a rush of emotions: betrayal, disappointment, cynicism, such emotions she never associated formerly with her ward, and daughter-like Charlotte.

Gia opened her mouth to speak, yet closed it, still not knowin what to say.

A child? she thought. And already conceived before her marriage. By this, Englishman, whom she met while on progress? Who says he shall make her happy? The very thought of it would make Gia burst into laughter, and so she placed her finger over her lips.

Gia finally opened her mouth, "I imagine, had I not been here at court, I would have found out some months later by letter?" she raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Charlotte felt she was waiting at the edge of a precipice as she patiently awaited Gia's words. Never in her life had she felt so small; never before had she gone so long without smiling or laughing.

When at last Gia questioned her, Charlotte replied. "Of course I would have told you, I respect your opinion above all others. But I'm not a child anymore. I followed my heart. Even if you think this is a mistake, please let it be mine to make."
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Gia's eyes rose, "certainly, child...it certainly is your mistake to make, yet a proper lady would never have made it," she rushed out, shaking her head.

Gia crossed her arms, "I am so upset...you worked so hard your entire existence, worked so hard not to follow in the footsteps of your mother, you worked so hard to be a proper lady," she shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 am

The words were a knife in Charlotte's heart, and she found herself speechless. She hadn't thought disappointment could run so deep within this woman, and then she remembered all that Gia had given her, taught her. If not for her, Charlotte would be worse off.

But still she could not take back what she'd done. She found her voice again: "I am nothing like my mother, nor would I allow myself to be anything like her. I'm trying to do what feels right." She remained quiet awhile. "So it's safe to assume you will not give your blessing?" she asked, taking a small step away from her.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Gia looked down, shaking her head, a hand on her stomach as though she felt ill.

"I cannot," she looked Charlotte in the eye. "To do so would be a lie from my lips, as in my heart..." she stopped, feeling tears come to her eyes as she looked at the girl she helped in raising, "in my heart, I am ill...I am so very ill with grief for you and disappointment."

In Gia's heart, she knew what lay ahead of Charlotte. Life with a man she had only known for a short time, adjusting to a new country, the pain of childbirth. Her heart sank:...and if that child should die.
Gia knew that pain, and her heart ached as she thought of Charlotte going through the same.

"I will give you a prayer," Gia looked up. "I pray that this man lives up to his words, and that he makes you happy for as long as you two shall live, and I pray your child know this love, and grow from it."

She suddenly felt a rise of anger at the young gentleman that stood watching them in her chambers. "And I pray that he truly means those words, and pray that he shall be loyal, as I fear..."

She could not finish her thoughts. She could not say them to Charlotte, and she looked down at the floor.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:04 am

Charlotte felt ill herself, thinking how she'd hurt her. She saw the tears well up in Gia's eyes and could not have felt lower at that moment. She perked up a little as Gia said she would pray for her. But it seemed her mentor did not fully believe that Charlotte would live as good a life as she'd hoped.

"I have faith in my husband that he will keep me happy. And no matter what shall happen, I will make sure my child is loved unconditionally." She was anxious as Gia paused in talking of Anthony. "Please, go on. For better or worse I am with him now." Her voice was down to a whisper as soft as a breath of air.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm

I watched as the two women spoke. I couldn't hear what they were saying, although I became anxious as to what the lady Gasparri was saying to my wife since both of their eyes were welling up. I lowered my eyes and turned to the wall as if I was not paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Gia placed her fingers over her lips and shook her head, "I won't say it...I know I mustn't."

She looked at Charlotte and blinked her tears away. She shook her head again, "I'll tell you no more of my disappointment...but I want you to know I expect a letter every month, and as soon as the child is born," she gave a faint smile.

Gia still felt ill with her hand on her stomach as though she were suffering the pain of birth, and the loss of a child, again.

She gave Charlotte a nod, "allow me to speak to your...husband in private."

She motioned to Sir Anthony and turned a moment to look out the window.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 am

Charlotte accepted that Gia wanted to keep some things to herself, and she nodded in understanding. She promised to write and keep Gia up to date, especially after the baby was born.

As she said she wished for a word with Anthony, Charlotte nodded. She left Gia's side and went to her husband, giving him a small smile as she squeezed his hand.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 am

I turned around as I saw Charlotte walking towards me. I then saw the lady Gasparri motion at me. I squeezed Charlotte's hand and gave her a small kiss on the cheek as I walked to Gia.

I bowed before her again, "My lady" I said and looked at her with my full attention.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Gia raised an eyebrow, "you can cease these sycophantic bows...I suppose you are in some way my son in law, now."

She crossed her arms and looked out the window. "I must tell you that I am very much upset with my ward, Charlotte, and disappointed that she has seemed to not only failed to have grasped the ways of a true lady...but that she lied to me," she turned to face him. "She lied in not telling me about you, and lied in not telling me about the child that she has conceived out of wedlock while visiting your court."

She turned back to the window, "I fear I cannot find you much of a gentleman, having had her in such a manner, yet I know it was also her decision." She put her hands down to the sides, "that being said...I fear, sir, you have much to prove in your days as her husband, and as my associated son in law."

She turned to face him, frowning. "And know...that if I find out of any infidelities, or mistreatment of Charlotte," she gave a faint smile, "...well...I have my ways of dealing with young men like you." She gave a smile, "and I am certain your king would not like to hear of such things." She turned to look out the window, again. "I expect her, and the child, to be treated with great care, and that this child be raised properly, as they shall be a mirror of you and Charlotte."

She placed her fingers at the choker around her neck, her brow growing grim. "It is difficult for a child conceived out of wedlock to grow up in this world, and they shall have to work much harder than everone else." She shook her head, "you both shall have to love this child whole-heartedly...because everyone will know of them, and will treat them terribly."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 am

I stood there and listened as this woman, whom I'd just met, as she told me how disappointed she was in Charlotte. I knew that she would never like me for I had ruined her precious ward. "Please allow me to apologize for all the hurt I have put upon you. It was never intentional. I love Charlotte very much and my child she is caring. Our child will in no way be known or treated as a bastard. I am a gentleman of the privy chamber, so I assure you madame... that we shall have a good home and environment for our family." I said quite upset that she was speaking to me as if I was the scum beneath her toes.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 pm

(Sorry for the wait, I've been having computer trouble XD)

Gia gave a nod, "I pray you do." She played with the choker around her neck, looking out of the widnow in reflection. "My brother had a child out of wedlock," she shook her head, "in Italy it is so much more difficult...the offspring often cannot gain their familiy's titles, or cannot marry or hold certain offices." She turned to face Anthony, "I pray your child never suffer what my poor nephew does."

She gave a faint smile, "I have asked that Charlotte write to me as often she can, and that she tell me when the child is born, as I should like to send her some things I have kept from-," her voice trailed off. None of her babies lived. All stillborn, or alive for a few months, then taken away. She bit her tongue to keep tears away, "I also wish to send to you some of my physicians, specially trained in the new ways of medicine," she nodded, "I want both Charlotte and the child safe."

Her face went serious a moment, and she took a step forward toward Anthony. "I also hope you shall allow me to do something else..."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:10 pm

I was still very annoyed by the way this woman was addressing me. However, for Charlotte's sake, I held my tongue. "Madame, this child will not be born out of wedlock, Charlotte and I are now married and our child will grow up with the finest things and in the best environment." I said redundantly. "You may send US what ever you wish. Although, I remind you that Charlotte and I are now bonded as one she is no longer under your keep!" I said not being able to hold my tongue any longer.

(it's alright, reply when you have time Smile )
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Gia held up a finger, a great rush of fiery blood storming her head and heart. “Firstly…the child was conceived when Charlotte was a Rosenauer, making it conceived out of wedlock and in the eyes of God and the pope, born out of wedlock, no matter how quickly you cover it up or fall in love.”

She stepped forward, her eyes growing fiery, “second of all, I remind you not to burn any bridges I try to lay before you.” She placed her finger down, swallowing hard her temper, “Charlotte is a strong young woman and just because she bares your name now does not mean she, or I, must do as you bid wholly and with a smile.”

She snickered under her breath; Under my keep? As though she is some possession? Gia thought to herself. Does he not know I am the woman who aided in raising the woman he fell in love with.

She barred her teeth a little, “thirdly she is not under my keep, nor yours.” She attempted to hide her anger, “she is under our watchful eyes…and she shall always be under my watchful eye until the day I die, as it is very well nearing that day.” She smirked, “and even then, I shall watch her, and the child.”

She backed away, “this is not the life I had always imagined Charlotte living, nor I am certain it is not the life she imagined either, not yet anyway.” She swallowed, “so we must do our best to make it that way.” She stepped forward, her gaze intent on Anthony’s. “So are you going to help me in finishing her dreams?” She raised her chin, “she has the husband, the title and the child, and soon the home and friends…but there is more her dreams will need, and I only want to make sure she gets those dreams.” She shook her head, “heaven knows she did not have them as a child.”
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Charlotte could hear them both raising their voices in subdued anger and she wished she could disappear. She didn't even want to imagine what they were saying - about her or about each other. She had the feeling they might never agree on any matter, and it saddened her to think it was all because of her.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 am

Her words were making my blood boil, this woman was making more angry by the minute. "Charlotte is my wife now which means she and I will make the decisions about our child. We don't need anyone telling us what to do. And so to clear your conscious, this is my first child and wife!" I then glanced over and saw Charlotte, she looked distressed. I felt horrible. I sighed and sucked in my pride.

"Your ladyship, I know Charlotte means everything to you; but she is my world, I would NEVER let anything happen to her or my child. So I promise to take very good care of her. With that said, we will accept any gifts or offerings you send us."
I said giving a weak smile, although, I was raging inside!!
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Gia placed her fingers at the bridge of her nose, pinching the nerves in frustration.

Clearly, this young man has short-temper, she thought to herself.

And perhaps first child he knows of, she thought, again. Gia knew very well of the English court and its wantoness. The king went about covorting with mistresses and ladies; one could only assume what his gentlemen did.

She shook her head, "I am arguing with you no more...yet I shall correct you and inform you that I have given you no orders." She frowned, "I am merely offering my aid, however, signore, if you so distastefully accept it, then I can offer to withdraw these gifts you do not wish to take."

Gia could see Charlotte was upset, and she knew it was the last thing she needed. Such emotions could harm the child growing inside her. She felt she was done talking to her ward's husband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next