The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 am

He smiles tenderly at Joan and holds her close.
'Don't worry my love, I know you are not used to have company so often and these long conversations tire you, but I like you near me whenever possible, especially here in our own quarters. Your presence alone gives me strength and makes me happy, so please, stay for a while and it's allright when you just listen or even close your eyes.
I hope Emilie will understand...'
he looks at Emilie with questioning eyes, then makes sure that Joan lies comfortable against him and puts his wine glass on a little table next to him.
'Do you want something to drink, my love?' he asks her softly because her eyes are closed. He kisses softly her forehead and turns to Emilie.

'As I told you Joan runs our huge household and she also has to cope with a demanding man...' he smiles with glistening eyes.

He takes a sip from his wine and listens at Emilie without interrupting her, sometimes frowning, sometimes nodding.
'Emilie... I respect the choice you made by not informing your family, I agree with you that no family would be pleased to find out about an unplanned pregnancy, but meanwhile your choice implicated a life without loving family members to support you. You must have felt very lonely at times... though I understand you did not contact them since you did not hear anything from them, either! '

Looking thoughtful at her he add
'It seems to me you probably get a second chance to strengthen the family ties and I think it's time for you to tell the truth. Like you said yourself, you can be proud of yourself and of Olympe and of all you achieved, though the road was full of pits and holes and not an easy one! I think you will feel relieved when you tell them, starting with your sister.
What do you know of her life? Has she still contact with your mother? Perhaps they have some secrets to reveal themselves!
'

He shakes his head and smiles encouraging.
'Family ties are often stronger than we expect... as I can confirm myself. I broke up our family thinking each of them would have a better life.' he rubs his chin.
'... though they were raised by two wonderful families and Joan had a... nice husband, none of us was really happy. So don't underestimate the secret powers of a family, like I did.' he smiles at her.

'... and even I got a second chance, Emilie, so why shouldn't you? Joan came back to me and our children have grown up and live their lives in happiness, knowing we are here to support them in any case! Perhaps you will meet them some day, they have about the same age as you! '

He looks comforting at her.
'It's what life is about... love and forgiveness, like Our Lord has taught us.'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Emlie feel abit a embarrassed by the feeling to break the couple's intimacy, but she nodd and answer sweetly.

Of course, I understand, Thomas, you are in your home, I don't want to disturb you.

She smile and nodd again.

Indeed, it's must be tiring to care of all this.

Emilie listen to his answer sigh and answer him.

Indeed, but when I have realize that I was pregnant, the link with my family was broken since a long time anyway, so I felt like losting nothing in keeping it secret ... but yes I have feel so lonely, especially while lasts times of my pregnancy and after Olympe's birth I have began to think to see them again, feel the need to have a family again.

She reflect and add, the air grave and serious.

I have yet think to tell the truth many times lately, but I am not sure to be enough strong for it, it isn't that easy when you hadn't had a true conversation not even by letter since three years to reveal all this suddenly and to accept that they would reject me, and her.

She take a deep breath and add, feeling hope and happiness at the thought that her family could accept them.

But if they accept us, then it's would worth it, for Olympe and for me ... and probably that more I will wait, more it will seem difficult to tell, while surely I would feel relieved to tell the truth.

She feel get happier in thinking to her sister and smile, feeling lighter.

My sister ... she is only 16 years old, she still live at our family's castle and she hadn't talk about marriage of fiancailles in her last letter ... Maybe indeed I could start by telling it to my sister, I could invite her at Eastnor and just tell her everything... she would probably be shocked and maybe it will take time to her for accept, but I don't think that she would reject me, I even think that she could love Olympe.

She take a sip of her goblet .

And after maybe she could tell our family for a part because at the contrary of me she had never be able to hold her tongue.

She giggle in recalling how much her sister can be talktative and how it was difficult for her to keep a secret for long time, feeling at the same time sad of her absence, then she get serious again and add.

She could also maybe help me to tell them, I don't know if she would but I am sure that I would feel enough strong and confident for tell them if I have at last my sister by my side for face my family and tell them.

She smile and add.

I know that in many families, the ties are stronger that they seem to be and I am happy that it turned happily for you, I hope that it will be the same for me and Olympe, I don't know, but at last I will try and see. I hope to encounter your children, it's would be nice.

She feel reassured by his words and nodd.

Yes it's the life's real sens, love, forgiveness, I know that I can forgive them for their abandon if they give me their love back and I hope that they will forgive me for my secrets and mistakes too and that our family will have a second chance to be reunited !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

oh dont worry my love, I love your company and also love listening to your long chats *she holds his hand tightely and looks at Emelie's wonderful face*..oh yes please *she returns to Thomas*, I'd love a glass of wine ... *she listens to their conversation and thinks how much she understand that girl, but she doesnt want to remember her life without Thomas , so she speaks softly... dear Emelie, weI know is never the same but if you want we can be like a family for you, to support and love you as our child *she looks at Thomas because she know he would love that idea, she smiles softly and warmly*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Wolsey smiles after Joan's words and before he can ask, a servant comes closer with a glass of wine and put in on the table in front of Joan.

He smiles at Emilie.
'You don't disturb us at all, Emilie, we both love your and Olympe's company!'

Joan and he listen at Emilie, feeling the longing for her family.
'It would certainly be worth the try, for you and for Olympe. I am sure your sister will adore Olympe and she has the same age as you when you became pregnant... she will certainly understand.'

He shrugs and add chuckling
'Well... if she really can't hold her tongue she will probably tell everything at home instead of only the part you would like her to tell.'

He becomes serious again and takes a sip, rubbing his chin.
'I think you are right... it will be more difficult the longer you wait. Just invite her to come and visit you and you'll see it will all turn out well, even though it could take a little while. And perhaps you both can join her when she goes home again, she could help you but I do think your family need to hear the story from you... and not from your sister!'

It is silent for a while and then Joan starts to speak to Emilie. His face brightens and he squeezes softly her hand, kisses it and turns to Emilie, smiling widely.

'Joan is right, we really want to love you and support you if you were our own child, you and Olympe... we sincerely hope you will accept us! We want the best for you and perhaps we can give you the strength to tell the truth to your own family, knowing that you have at least two loving people who stand behind you no matter what happens'!
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 am

Emilie feel reassured at he tell her that she don't disturb and smile, then nodd.

It's true, but aside the matter of age, my sister and me was very close to each others while our childhood, I think that, in spite of the distance, our link is remain too strong for can be broken.

She chuckle.

It's true, but anyway, if I tell her, I will tell her that she is free to do what she want with it ... I will not resent her for what she could tell them.

She become serious and nodd.

It's true, it's better if I tell them directly, but I feel even much less confident about telling them than to her, but surely if she support me, it's would be easier. I should probably do like you tell, start by invite her, tell her the true and let her discover what is my real life in England and encounter my Olympe ... I hope that it will go well, as you tell.

Emilie feel deeply moved up to tears in hearing Joan's words, the happiness shining in her as she realize that she have find a true second family, she remain speachless and turn to Thomas, she giggle with joy, she hug Thomas and Joan, putting a arm around his shoulder and the other around hers and answer them, her voice trembling of emotion.

Oh my god, I don't thinked someone could make me as much happy, you are both so wonderful persons I am touched beyoung words ! and of course I accept you with huge joy !

She rush to hug them, putting her arm around Joan's shoulder and her other one around Thomas's.

I am so happy to have you as a second family, a father and mother who accept me as I am with my past and also grandparents for my Olympe. Knowing that I have your love and support, you, it will surely give me the strenght, the courage, to tell the true to my own family.

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Wolsey holds Joan's hand tightly while he listens at Emilie' s words. He feels her excitement too, will she accept their proposal and also accept them as their parents?

When she tells them she will invite her sister and tell her the truth he smiles at her.
' I think it will be more easy when she is actually here and you can look in her face. Furthermore, since she still lives in your paternal home she can estimate the reaction of your family, so you'd be better prepared for them. But most of all, I can' t imagine she would not love you anymore, you are such a beautiful and warm young woman, they have to love you - like we do! ' he adds softly.

The moment she tells them she wants them to be their parents tears run across his cheeks and he feels not ashamed. As she puts her arms around Joan and his shoulders he looks at her, smiling widely at Joan and Emilie and he stands up to hug Emilie. He holds her head gently between his hands and kisses her cheeks softly.
' You make us the most happy parents of the world, we are so proud to may call you our daughter...' he speaks with trembling voice. He reaches for Joan to join them and they stand for a moment together, their heads against eachother, smiling and hugging.

Suddenly they hear a little voice me too, me too and they all laugh when Olympe comes in the middle of them, jumping to reach their faces.
He goes on his knees to hug the adorable child.
' What about you, Olympe, would you like us to be your grandparents?' he asks her seriously.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Touched by his compliments about her, she smile, still feeling very unsure of her family's reaction and answer him.

I hope that you are right, about my sister, I don't think she would not love me anymore, about ther rest of the family, I don't know.

Tears of joy flow along Emilie's face as Thomas call her their daughter, without anymore trying to refrain them, she answer him in a trembling voice.

I am so happy to can call you my parents too.

She kiss both his cheeks, then lean over Joan's face and kiss her cheeks too, then she turn as she hear and daughter's voice, seeing Olympe come in the middle, telling them "Me too ! me too !", she giggle happily, endeared by her daughter's adorable behaviour, lean over her and hug her tenderly.
Olympe snuggle against her mother, one of her little hands on Thomas's arm and the other one on Emilie's shoulder, she turn to him as he talk to her, looking at him with a serious air, then nodd and smile.

Yes, I would like it !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

*she hugs Emelie and her wonderful little girl, the little Olympe tenderly* youre most than welcome darlings..she realizes how much Eemelie loves her thomas and how happy she's with him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 am

He feels warm and touched by the love of the three women around him and smiles at Olympe, softly rubbing her cheek.
'Well, we are so happy with you and your mother, my child! This is one of your homes now, you can come to us any time you like!'

He turns to Joan and kisses her cheek, thankful for her initiative and takes her hand in one of his hands and he takes Emilie's hand in his other hand.
'I sincerely hope you will get to know each other better... and meet each other, even when I'm not around. Like I said to Olympe, feel free to come here any time, dear daughter!' he looks at them, hoping they will become a real mother and daughter, he knows that Joan is a very good and sweet mother and still misses their children terribly.

Smiling widely he opens his arms to embrace them one by one and then he winks
'I think we should celebrate this beautiful moment and toast with eachother. Do we all have a glass? Well let's lift it... to our new found family, may we all be happy together and support one another in the knowledge that we love and accept eachother without restrictions, no matter what happens! Cheers!" they let their glasses touch eachother softly and they drink their wine or juice.

Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Olympe smile happily in hearing his answer, Emilie look at Joan, smile to her as Thomas talk to them and nodd.

I would be happy of it and I thank the two of you for the great kidness that you show to me and my daughter.

She turn to Thomas, smiling and tell him.

You know, I considere you as a father since a long time !

She turn again to Joan.

I hope that we will feel so for each others too with time.

She look at Olympe and kiss her cheek softly and smile happily at Thomas's proposition, take her glass and rise it and answer him.

It's an excellent idea, I think that this beautiful moment must be celebrated, so I lift my glass to our new family, may we always love and support each others, happiness, health and success to all of us !
She touch Thomas and Joan's glasses with her glass, then take a sip of it, Olympe, for imitate them, take her goblet and lift it and touch her mother, Thomas and Joan's glasses and giggle, then take a sip of it.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:18 am

*she hugs them back, as she enjoys the family hug she nods and talks looking inti Emelie's eyes holding her and Thoma's hand* I'm sure we both will get on very good *kisses the little Olympe's forehead, and we both too dear Smile

oh I totally agree, we have to celebrate this moment *smiles and lifts her wine glass*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 pm

He smiles widely when Emilie thanks them for their kindness.
´You don´t need to thank us, it is a great pleasure for us to have you here and bring some liveliness into our quiet life together.´ he winks at Joan.

When Emilie tells him she considers him as a father for a long time, his eyes fill with tears again. He hugs her softly.
´My dear child, I feel so... happy, though I know I can never replace your own father, I hope to be like a father to you, as I consider you like my daughter also for a long time, even though we already have a daughter.´

He looks at her with sparkling eyes and pulls Joan next to him while his other hand still rests on Emilie´ s shoulder.
´Our children lived with us untill Thomas was about nine years old and our Dorothy was only seven... we don´t see them often so we are not used to have them around... though we hoped that Thomas would come home for Christmas´ he frowns for a moment and adds ´... well, I guess we´ll get a message from him with lots of excuses... as usual.´ he shrugs and smiles at Joan, takes her hand and kisses it softly.

He sigh and claps his hands.
´Well, my dear family, let us sit down again and talk ... or we could play a game like chess, goose or play cards. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Emilie look at him with a moved air as she hear that he consider her as a daughter.

It's true, I can't remplace your daughter and you can't remplace my father, but you are like a father for me.

She feel sad for him as he learn that they had live with their children for a long time, she can guess how difficult it has been since they has had the time to get attached to them.

It must has been so difficult, you had see them grow up and suddenly, they was't there anymore, I guess that it musn't be easy to remain in link with them after this early separation.

She smile at his proposition and answer him.

I don't know to play chess, but maybe we can play to goose game or to cards.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:53 am

*she smiles with their happiness and then remember her own son and daughter* yes I think our Thomas will do that love, but we understand him, meanwhile we have a wonderful daughter and a little beautiful granddaughter *smiles looking at Emelie and Olympe*

oh well, we can play cards ye, I want to play cards *giggles and kisses her love*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am

He smiles when Emilie tells him he feels like a father for her and squeezes softly her hand.
He bows his head, smiling and frowning at the same time when she talks about the difficult time when he broke up their family and he glances at Joan, knowing the memories are painfull for her too and she doesn´t like to talk about the past.
But Emilie is their child now and has a right to know, so he takes Joan´s hand in his and holds it tightly.

´Yes, Emilie, they were difficult times, we were a happy family but we could not stay together, I already explained to you the reasons why I made this huge - and wrong - decision. At the same time I was making improvements in the church system to tackle abuses and I encountered much opposition, being a churchman myself and living in a noncanonical marriage. I was almost never at home and never thought it would be that difficult, I also underestimated the relationship between a mother and her children... ' he looks at Joan and notices her eyes are moist. He kisses softly her forehead and add

'... We all had to suffer. Our meetings were in private of course and never the four of us met at the same time.' he shakes his head and wipes his eyes. '... there were times we did not see eachother at all because it was too painfull, though they never blamed me...' he breaks off and smiles regretful at Joan.

He turns to Emilie and smiles.
'We are proud of them, they are wonderful young people and we enjoy the fact we are a family again, we are lucky to have a second chance together and nothing can ever separate us!' he looks into Joan's eyes and lays his forehead against hers for a moment.'... you are so understanding, my love, but perhaps he will come and surprise us.'

He smiles when they want to play cards and instead of ordering a servant, he walks to a cabinet himself to get the cards.
'Dear ladies, please join me here at the table so we can play' He makes an inviting gesture for them to sit down and scrolls the chairs himself to make sure they sit comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Emilie feel touched by Joan's words, she smile to her and touch her hands with hers.

And Olympe and me have a wonderful mother and grandmother and a wonderful father and grandfather and I feel very happy of it, Joan.

Feeling moved as Thomas squeeze her hand, Emilie realize suddenly what recall her of her own father in him, this benevolant and protective way that he have to look at her and act with her, she smile, feeling moved by this privlegied relationship.
Her face take a grave air as he talk to her about his children, the decision he did take that have lead to a early separation with them, she look at him with compassion.

I understand, have act on the moment, under the selft-righteous people's pressure and the volonty to don't lost your place at court, without really thinking to the consequence of it on your family, it was surely wrong, but nobody is perfect and everyone make errors, I did mistakes too.

She breath deeply, trying to find the words for appease this old pain that she can feel in both of Thomas and Joan and add.

You can't change the past, nor know what would had happen if you had take another decision, the essential is that you have never stop to care of them, to remain in contact and when Joan did come back to you, you have accept her back with you and I think that you deal of your best with the consequences of this decision you did take a long time ago, thinking that it was the right thing to do at the period.

She smile as he talk about his children at present time.

I am sure that they are wondrful since they parents are wonderful persons too, I am sure that they love you as much as you love them and that the memories of theses darks times and this reconciliation you made together have renforce your links, making your family very strong and I am very happy for you.

She turn to her daughter who is sat on her laps, feeling the immense love that she have for her and cuddle her tenderly, then add.

Family, it's the most important thing in life, the most precious thing that we have, Olympe and me form a very little family between us, but so strong that nothing can ever distroy it.

She kiss her daughter's forehead, then turn to Thomas as he talk to them, she smile, wrapp her arms firmly around her daughter and walk to the table in carring her in her arms, then she install her on a chair and sat by her side, she giggle and tell.

IMy little Olympe had never yet try to play cards, I am not will be able to understand how to play cards at her age, but she will learn in looking at us playing and will surely try to imitate us.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 am

*she realizes how much he misses their kids so she hus him tightely and kisses his cheeks* is ok love dont feel sad *she notices the regret in his eyes* everything will be fine dear Thomas
*she walks with Emelie and her daighter to the table* lets play cards my dearest family
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 pm

He feels relieved, he has told Emilie everything and she responded like he hoped she would respond.
`Well, everyone makes mistakes, after all we are human, we learn from our mistakes to not make them again and sometimes we are lucky and get a second chance to set things right in the hope it`s not too late.`

He smiles at her but when Joan hugs him and tells him everything is fine he can feel the tension behind her cheerful attitude and he kisses her forehead. He knows she forgave him but he will never forgive himself.

'It is time to forget the past indeed' While they nodd approvingly at him he realizes he had spoken out his thoughts loudly and he shrugs and kisses one by one their hands in a gentle way.
'I am grateful to have such a fantastic family! ' he strokes Olympe's hair softly.

When they all sit around the table he laughs because Emilie tells them Olympe has never learnt to play cards.
'Well, you can look first while we play the first round, or we can play with open cards so you see what we do? '
He winks at the child.
`Or... you can help me playing and increase my chances to win!`
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Olympe smile to Thomas as he stroke her hairs, she join the table with her mother and listen to her, then turn to Thomas as he talk to her, unsure of the better way for her to participate the game, cards seem a difficult game to her.
She giggle at his wink, then listen to his third proposition and nodd, the air enthousiast answer him.

Yes I prefer to help you playing !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 pm

He smiles widely at Olympe, winks at Joan and Emilie and whispers to her.
'Ahh... well done, my child, I have the feeling we will win when you help me!'

He shuffles the cards and distributes them. When he watches his cards he shows them to Olympe, smiling conspiratorially.
'Well... you may choose, which card shall we play?' nodding approvingly as she picks the queen of hearts. 'Yes... very good, she is the most important!' he looks at Joan and caress her hand for a moment.

They play for a while in a relaxt atmosphere, having fun and he mutters good-natured when Emilie or Joan play better cards and rejoicing when Olympe and he win.

Suddenly a servant appoaches and bows, then hands him a parchment. He frowns while reading it and sigh.
'Dear ladies... I am terribly sorry, but I have to go now. It won't take long, I guess.'

He caress Olympe's cheek, kisses Emilie's cheek and kisses Joan's lips softly.
'I'll be back soon, my love' he squeezes gently her shoulder and leaves the room.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Olympe smile to him happily, clap in her hands, a bit excited and answer him.

Yes ! we are going to win !

Olympe look attentively to Thomas's cards as he show them to her, noticing that there is cards with number and others with characters on it, recognizing kings and queens at their and also four symbols, two reds and two blacks, she recognize the heart symbol.
She look at him again and smile to him back, the air accomplice, feeling eager to learn how this cards game work and to win !
After he propose her to choice one of them, she choice the one that she find the most beautiful, the queen of heart, putting her little finger on it.

This one, she is beautiful.

She smile as Thomas tell her that it's a good choice, she look attentively each etape of the game, starting to understand a bit how it work, some cards being more powerful than anothers ones and helping Thomas to choice cards.
She express loudly her joy at each time she and him win in clapping in her hands and smiling joyfully, wriggling on he chair.
She turn to the servent as he enter and look with curiousity as he give a parchement to Thomas, as he frown, she can guess that it's about something of serious affair, she feel disappointed as he tell that he have to go and leave the room, stopping their game, she put slighty, turn to Joan and ask her.

Where is he going ?, Joan
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 am

oh he will be back soon dont worry little Olympe *strokes her soft hair*
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Olympe, reassured by Joan's words, smile to her as she stroke her hairs and answer her.

Allright !

She look at the cards and ask her.

Can we continue to play ?
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 am

*she smiles tenderly* Smile ofcoure we can sweety, *sts down on the wooden table with little Olympe* what cards game do you wanna play?
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 am

Olympe smile widely in hearing Joan's answer , letting see her little tooths, she exclaim.

Great ! I don't want to stop to play now !

She reflect to her question and answer her.

I don't yet know any card game, do you know another one ? enough easy for me ?, because I am still very little !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next