The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Emilie notice that Thomas seem thoughtful, wondering what is in his mind, she guess that he think to lutherians and reform, she nodd as he tell her that it will not happen again, she answer him.

I hope so, person who are at the spring of their life should never die, especially simply for ideas, because they are the world's future.

She listen to him as he explain her his willing to reform church, guessing that these "some people" he evocate are lutherians, like hersef, she feel that he sincerely want it and admire him for it, he is one of the rare moderate and open-minded english church's members.
But she guess that, if his view of reform would certainly make progress, ameliorate and modernise english church, it certainly wouldn't bring the foundamental change that herself and her brothers and sisters in lutherianism want to see happen.
She nodd, smile and answer him with honesty, avoiding as always to tell the bottom of her ideas.

I am sure that you could ameliorate and modernise english church ... Indeed it's wouldn't really satisfy lutherian and reformist people, but it's would certainly make progress England. I think that you are maybe the better church man I ever encounter, very moderate, open-minded and moderniste.

She smile and add with sincerity and admiration.

You are also one of the most devoted to England and to king that I had ever encounter, most of people at court only think to their own interest or their family and friends's interests, but you, you really think a to England's interest above all and people like you are rare.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Olympe look at him with a curious air and answer him.

I don't know, I had never taste any orange as fruit, I don't even recall to had ever seen any orange.

Reassured by his answer, she nodd and answer with joy and enthousiasm.

Yes ! let's start !

Olympe smile in looking at him closing firmly his eyes and putting his hands on it and as he began to count, she run all around the room looking for a good place where to hide.
She suddenly notice a wicker trunk that look enough big for her to hide in, she carefully open it for don't make too much noise, she notice that there is only a pieces of cloth on it.
She hesitate to enter it, a bit feared, but she notice that there is full of little holes in its fabric, so she fastly enter in it, lay down her side in foetal position while the lid fall above her, concealing her totally.
Smiling with mischief, sure to have find an excellent hideout, she remain absolutely silent, prick up her ears for can hear Thomas's steps.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:56 am

´...ten, I am coming!´ he calls, blinking his eyes to see sharp again. He winks at Joan and Emilie and stands up to search her, making a lot of noise while he moves through the room.

´Yes, you are right, they were the world´s future! Like many young people who are eager to change the world... ´

When he passes Emilie he put softly a hand on her shoulder, moved by her warm and admiring words.
´Emilie... I only want the best for England! I want to reform her, but not on our own, we are more than just an island. The establishment of our power at the continent is necessary to increase our trade.
And about the reforms, I believe England is ripe for practically carrying out reforms which had long been talked of and for remedying abuses which had long been lamented... ´

He sigh and add.
´I hope that England in these respects will serve as a model for the rest of Europe. Only if we are in full accord with European sentiment, are powerfull and respected, this can be done. Foreign politics are a necessary preliminary for any lasting work on these lines... and my aim is to establish a strong England which is influential in Europe through the mediatoral policy which our insular position allows us to claim, prosperous at home and respected throughout Europe. It´s why I look upon all matters not only as being sole English questions...´ he stops suddenly, he probably annoyes her and anyway, his current doings on behalf of the great matter are far from his dreams of one peaceful Europe.

He shakes his head and resumes his quest for Olympe, opening cupboards and calling her name to let her know where he is.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Emilie oberserve her daughter hiding in the wicker trunk, amused and amazed at the same time by her smartness, then she turn to Thomas, listen with admiration to his sincere willing to assure and renforce England's place in the world and with the reasons that push him to want to reform english church, she nodd.

It's true, England being an island, it's a bit isolated, take between France and Spain, it's need to strenghten its position in the world and to the continent for can assure its developpment and notably of its trade. Indeed someone who really care of England's future, musn't take care of England sole's question only but also of what concern the rest of the world, especially european continent.

She can see on his face that he have serious immediat preoccupations, probably about the king's great affair and that it prevent him from fully doing what he would like to do for England, she smile and tell him with sincerity.

You know France remain at first place in my heart, as the country when I am born and grew up and as my family and ancesters's country, also as my father's kingdom. But I sincerely love England too as my country of adoption, I am not like these people who install in a country without getting love and loyalty for it and work only for their birth country's interest even if it's contraire to their country of adoption's interest.

Smiling, she add happily, rising her goblet.

I wish to both of them prosperity, strongness, progress, modernisation and peace and I rise my goblet to it !

She take a sip of juice, then recalling of the wars of dark times between France and England, she sigh and add with a grave air.

And above all I wish that there will never be again war between France and England because it's would break my heart, I don't want to ever have to choice between them.

She smile as Thomas resume his quest for Olympe, wondering how many times it will take to him for find her, knowing from her own experience of hide and seek game with her that her little girl can be very patient and remain absolutely silent and immovable while other people look for her for don't being spotted.

Last edited by Emilie De Fontanay on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Olympe look at Thomas trough the wicker's little holes, smiling as he see and hear him moving in the room looking for her, then as he talk with her mother, she find that the time seem to drag but remain immovable and silent.
As he start again to look for her, she smile mishievously, still observing him through the wicker's little holes, she decide to answer him since she consider that even if he find her voice's direction, he will not find her immediatly since she is in a good hide.

You will not find me Thomas !

Then she giggle.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:15 pm

He is searching at the other side of the room, untill now not looking too carefully because he wants Olympe to think that he can´t find her. When she calls him he turns around and moves into her direction, expecting to find her soon. He walks past the truck in which she is hiding because her voice seemed to come from more far away and he looks behind curtains and statues.

Meanwhile he smiles and talks to her.
´I will find you now, you have betrayed yourself! Just a few moments and then...´

He is actually moved and surprised by Emilie´s answer, beside the king himself there are not many English who understand and agree with his views.

´People like you are also rare, Emilie...' he speaks softly. '... but then, you are not English by birth so perhaps that makes you also more open-minded, though your father was also a peaceful man with high views.'
He shrugs. 'Anyway, England has always been isolated and the people only worry about their own country. Henry VII has ended the internal civil wars and stabilized the reign, now we put our stamp outside our borders by acting as peacebroker to hold the balance between the most influential countries France and Spain.

He smiles when listening at her and walks quickly to the table to get his glass.
'Yes, let us drink to the welfare of both England and France... and to Europe!' he takes a sip and then turns around again, frowning because he has no clue where Olympe can be hiding.

He notices that Joan and Emilie laugh and pretends to get angry with them.
´You should help me, ladies, instead of laughing at me! How am I ever going to find her!´
He winks at them.
'I think it's time I have to look more thoroughly, I start all over again!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Emilie smiling in looking to Wolsey looking for Olympe all around the room and walking near to the trunk in which her little girl is hidden without noticining it.
She grow serious again as he come back to her, listen to him with attention, then nodd.

It's true, since I am not birth in England and I add early in my life to integrate in another country where I have encounter many people, very differents, it have probably lead me to being open-minded to new ideas, changement and modernisation.

She take a sip of her goblet and add.

I am sorry to tell it but it's seem to me that most of people in England and in France too are conservative and diehard people, they are set in their ideas and seem to would want for nothing change ever ... indeed my father is ...

Emilie stop, realizing that once more she have talk about her father in present time, she often do so because since since she had never really lost her link with her father's spirit since she is clairvoyant and often communique with his soul, in her mind Emilie always think to him in present time as if he was still alive, she take a deep breath and continue.

My father was indeed open-minded and have probably transmit it to me like his culture, principles morals and ideas and he had also high ideas and project for France and Europe.

She then listen to him explanations about how the king and himself try to influate on both France and England for protect their interests and keep a important place in Europe, she smile, a understanding look on her face and take a sip of her goblet.
She giggle as she see Thomas having no clue of where Olympe is hidden while herself and Joan know perfectly where she is, after his exclamation, she laugh ever louder and answer in a teasing tone.

I know where she is but I will not tell you ! I can just tell that she is in this room, but you yet knowed it !

Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Olympe giggle as Thomas answer her that he will find her, refrain her breath as he walk toward the trunk in which she is hidden, sure that he will open it but he don't pay attention to it, she smile in seeing him seeming to have no idea of where she is, then she laugh as he ask to her mother and Joan to help him to find her and hesitate, then tell him in humming.

You will not find me !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 pm

He sigh deeply when it´s obvious that Emilie and Joan will not help him, but when Olympe calls to him again he quickly looks around and notices a small movement behind a hole in the wicker truck. He pretends to have not seen this and walks into the other direction, smiling at himself while he searches and opens every tray he passes.

´Well... it is hard to look further than your own interest when every day again you need to struggle for your life. I don´t blame the common people for not understanding... but I do blame the nobles who only want to protect their own property by all means!´

He shakes his head and frowns while he continues to search around the room. He opens a cupboard and throws out every thing which is inside, dresses and robes, tablecloths and serviettes and growls when she is not hidden inside.

´I know that the French people are the same, Emilie. Not all people welcomed me heartily on my travels, I have been offended and robbed, too! Still I prefer your country above Spain, though I always negotiated with them in the same way...´

While talking he moves around the room and then approaches the wicker truck and stand right before it.
´I give up, I am not going to find you, Olympe! ´ he says and then sits down on the truck, winking at Joan and Emilie.
´Please, show yourself and I give you your reward... a fine, delicious orange!´ he continues to sit and whipes his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Emilie smile in hearing Olympe talking and Thomas looking for her, notice that he have percive her in the trunk even if he pretend to hadn't see her.
She listen to him with a understanding air and nodd.

It's true, poor people are above all taken in all that assure their survival and don't care much of things that don't concern them directly and I think that conversative and traditional system reassure them because they are used to and could fear to see their world change.

She take a sip of juice and add.

But me too I blame nobles and richs people who care only to protect their properties and interests and even to gaim more and more and more.

She look at him with a amused air as he pretend to continue to look for Olympe all around the room but in the trunk where he know she is, thinking that he probably don't want to disappoint her in revealing that he have find her, she nodd after his words about frech people.

I am sorry that you hadn't been well recieved in France, but you have to understand that, even if it happened a so long time ago, nobody in France have forget the multiples england's invasions all over the country, this war that have last for many many years, it remain alive in memories and so I think that instinctively french people don't rely in english visitors, it wasn't against you.

She frown and bite her lip as he evocate Spain, her birth country's worse ennemy, she prefer to don't answer about it, there would be too many things to tell and Thomas yet know what she think of them.
She smile as she see Thomas walk directly to the trunk and tell to Olympe that he renounce and sat on it, winking to her and Joan, propose her a orange if she show herself, she giggle, wondering how Olympe could go out and what she will do.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Olympe continue to observe Thomas through the trunk's little holes, she shiver as she seem him looking directly in her direction, wondering if he have see her, but he walk in the other direction, then as she see him open a cupbroard and throw out everythings that there is on it, she giggle, putting her little hand on her mouth for don't be heard.
She see him walk all around the room, intrigued, then she open her eyes bigger in surprise as she see him walk directly in the trunk in which she is lay down direction and stop just before it.
Remaining silent, she guess that he know that she is in it, waiting for him open the lid, she project to jump and scream for surpise him once the lid will be open, but instead of opening it as she thinked he would, he pretend to hadn't find her while he obviously know very well.
Very surprised and don't know what to do or tell and start to think to stand up in a jump, open the lid and scream for surprise him as she thinked to do, but just one second after this idea have come in her mind, she see him sat on the lid.
She is even more surprised and listen to him propose her a orange if she show herself, but she can't since he is sat on the lid, wondering how she will do for go out of there, she began to be tired of remaining in this trunk and don't like to being unable to to go out of it, start to get feared and put, don't understanding why he do it.
Then she understand that in fact, he is playing her a rotten trick and if she do what would be the more simple to do, tell him that she is in the trunk and that he have to get up for allow her to go out, he would have succed to play her is rotten trick and would have win.
She reflect for find a way to don't let him play her this rotten trick and instead change the situation, at first she don't see what she could do, then a strange idea come to her mind, she smile, finding it good and she decide that it could work and this way it's could be her who play him a rotten trick.
She try to take a grave voice from her throat different of her usual one and tell him with a loud and grave voice.

Thomas ! I am the trunk's spirit ! I ... I don't like that someone sat on my trunk ! you must get up right now or ... euh ... I will put a spell on you !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Wolsey sits on the trunk, suddenly feeling very tired. He just told Emilie his aims and - like Joan - she understands them. Why can't anyone else understand them, too? He frowns while thinking, even the King who used to share his ideas, now only searches for his own pleasures and let him struggle to achieve his wishes.

'It is not easy to think on long therms... most people want instant happiness...' he shakes his head.

Late years had seen him immersed in the business of the State, while the king pursued his own pleasures, surrounded by companions who did their utmost to undermine his influence. They advocated war, while he longed for peace ; they encouraged the royal extravagance, while he worked for economy; they favored the imperial alliance and humored Henry's dreams of the conquest of France, while Wolsey saw that England's strength lay in a powerful neutrality. The king's plans had deviated from the lines which he had designed, and the king's arbitrary temper had grown more impatient of restraint.

He can't tell her this of course, this is a burden he carries alone, just like he knows that his position has slipped from a friend to a servant of the king and that this position only depends on his continued usefullness.

'I know it was not personal, only recently we invaded France again, I understand the distrust.'

He hears Olympe inside the trunk and smiles, how will she solve his trick? When she starts to talk with a strange voice, he jumps on his feet and calls with frightened voice.
'I am so sorry, spirit of the trunk... I did not know you were in there... I only thought it was our sweet angel Olympe in there... ooooooo what have you done with her, you evil spirit? Please, give her back! '
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Olympe is happy to see him get up immediatly and in hearing his answer, she have to put her hand on her mouth for refrain from laughing because it's would waste her trick, since she have to pretend to be a angry spirit, she take a deep breath until feeling enough serious again and answer him, talking the same grave and loud voice.

I have take her in my trunk for be my prisonner ! and euh ... I am going to eat her !

Then she reflect, smile mischievously as a good idea come in her mind.

I can give her back if you give me a good orange to eat in exchange !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm

'What!!!.... eat her?????' he calls out loud while he grinns at Joan and Emilie.
'So you have her there indeed, poor Olympe... keep courage, my child, I will save you!'

He walks through the room.
'An orange... an orange is what this spirit wants, ahh where to find an orange when needed! Please, don't eat her, spirit, I will get you this orange.'

He looks in a fruit bowl and starts to panic.
'No orange in here.... oooo what to do next?' An unexpecting servant enters and he orders him.
'Please, go and get me an orange, it's a matter of life and dead! '

As the servant returns he accepts the orange and walks quickly to the truck, holding it in sight.
'Well you spirit, here is your orange!... but first we want our Olympe back, safe and sound!'
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Olympe smile widely as Thomas answer to "the spirit" that she pretend to be, and when he adress her telling that he will rescue, she answer him with her usual voice in talking a fake dfispaired tone.

Help me Thomas ! be fast ! the spirit is going to eat me !

Emilie, very amused, laugh loud in listening them, Olympe answer to Thomas's second sentance, take the spirit's grave voice.

If you don't want me for eat her give me an orange ! fastly !

The little girl can't refrain from giggling as she hear Thomas looking for an orange, when he announce to "the spirit" that he have got the orange, she take again the grave voice and answer him.

Allright, I am giving her back ! I hope that it's a good orange !

Then Olympe straighten up sat, get up, the lid opening let her appear, she jump happily a large smile on her lips, throw up her arm in a victory posture and exclaim.

I have wiiiiiin !

She fastly go out of the trunk, relieved to be outside of it, standing up on her feets, run to Thomas and take the orange from his hand and exclaim.

The orange is for me ! not for any spirit !

She then examinate the fruit, surprised to this skin around it, try to bite in it and grimace, since she had never seen orange, she don't know that it's necessary to peel and she put, don't knowing what to do, Emilie who observe the scene is about to call her for peel it to her, but she prefer to wait to see what Thomas will do.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 pm

He laughs at himself while Olympe answers him, one time as herself, then as the spirit she invented. He feels better, he loves to play games like this.

When she finally jumps out of the trunk, he claps his hands and smiles widely.
'Ahh... there you are, my child, I am so happy that the spirit didn't hurt you!'

She wrestles him the orange and exclaims that she will have it instead of the spirit.
'No my child, the orange is for the spirit of the trunk! He must have it or he will capture you again!' He walks careful to the trunk and looks inside, while she laughs at him.

'You little...! You have fooled me, there was no spirit, was there?!' he pretends to speak angrily but then burst into laughter, while he caresses her hair.
'You have won indeed, you clever girl!'

When she bite in the orange he grimace too, knowing that it taste not well, then asks her in a serious tone.
'Well.... do you like it? Delicious, isn't it?'

Laughing loudly he bends over and tells her it needs to be peeled off.
'Let us sit down at the couch again, little angel, I will show you how to peel it!'

When they all sit together again, he looks at the orange, a little helpless.
He tries to make a hole in it with his thumbnail, so he can peel it, but the soft skin will not open.
Smiling he also frowns at the same time.
'I confess... I never peel them myself... please, one of you ladies, are you willing to assist me?'
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 am

After she take the orange from his hands, she giggle as he tell her that it is for the spirit.

No he will not succed in capturing me again ! So the orange is for me !

As he look in the trunk and realize that there isn't any spirit and that she have fool him and pretend to be angry of it, she laugh loudly, proud to having succed of playing him this rotten trick.

No there wasn't any spirit !! I have play you a good trick !

She feel very happy as he start to laugh with her, caress her hairs and compliment her for her cleverness, feeling found of him and tell him softly.

Yes !, you have try to play me a trick in sitting on the lid, you knowed that I was in, but thank to the spirit, it's me who have play you a trick and I have win !

When he ask her if she like it, she frown and shake her head.

No it isn't good at all, I can't even bite in it !

As he explain her that it need to be peel out, she understand why it isnt good and follow him to the couch, climb on Emilie's laps, put her arms around her shouders, she snuggle against her, feeling the need of her mother's cuddles after all theses emotions.
She lean her cheek against her mother's chest, happy to find again her familiar warmess and scent that reassure her, then she turn to Thomas, but he don't succed in doing it, she is surprised to learn that he did never peel it by himself, so she hope that her mother or Joan will be able to peel it, so she will be able to taste it for see if it's as good as the juice made with it that she had just taste.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 am

Emilie cuddle her tenderly, caress her cheek, then as Thomas ask for help, she answer him.

Yes, me, I know perfectly how to peel an orange.

She take the orange, then, she push and enter her thumb at the middle of the orange and push it until take off a large peel of it and with the help of her index, delicately and firmly at the same time, she peel most of the skin in four times, revealing the tender and juicy flesh.
Then she delicately take off the few little skins that are still on the flesh and break the orange in two parts and detache delicately a section of it and lower her finger until her daughter's mouth level and make her taste it this way.
The little girl bite in it cautiously, unsure of loving it at first, then a air of pleasure appear on her face, she take all the section from her mother's hand and she fastly eat all of it, Emilie ask her in smiling, knowing the answer.

Est-ce que vous aimez ça ?, ma poupotte

Olympe nodd.

C'est très très bon, maman, j'en veut encore !

Emilie giggle, detache another section and give it to her, then anwser her.

D'accord, mais je ne vous donnerai pas tout le fruit, ce serait beaucoup trop pour une toute petite fille comme vous, alors maman va en manger quelques quartiers aussi.

Olympe nodd while eating fastly the section while her mother detache another section than she eat herself and they eat the rest of the fruit together , each one section, then Emilie turn to Thomas and tell him.

Thank you for the orange, Thomas, it was delicious and Olympe have adore it ! I have rarely can eat oranges since my journey in Portugal, it's taste so good !

She smile in recalling of her journey in Portugal, the travel has been so long and rather desagreable and she was so worried and sad for Margaret who had to marry this very old and lubrique king who did look disgusting.
But she have love this country, it's weather, food and costums, it was so different of all what she have know, so exotique,.
While the days so long that it seemed that they would never end, it was so hot, that people did reunite in the most fresh areas, in some rooms or in the courts and patios full of fountains and basins, lascive and languids and she did put her foots and legs in the fresh water .
While the hotter hours of the days, after the meal and at night, the air did become so soft that everyone did remain outside until late, much more late than in England or in France.
And there was all these delicious oranges, warms, full of juice, tasteful and delicious, this one she had just eat was very good, but the taste isn't the same, it can't countain this taste of exotisme, this mixture of hotness af the air, damp, full relaxation, the freshness of the waters of the fountains and basin ...
The air dreamy, she tell him, a part of her mind still near of a fountain in a part of the royal palace of Portugal.

Portugal is a so different place, Oranges is so abondant up there, there was oranges at each meal and they did was so good, I have eat many many oranges up there, it's like that I have learn to peel them !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:33 pm

While Emilie takes over the orange and starts to peel it off, Wolsey leans over to Joan and kisses her cheek.
'My love, we need to talk... later... ' he lowers his voice and looks seriously into her eyes.
'... I got really bad news from Gardener, I can't tell here and now.' he glances at Emilie and Olympe and smiles when they seem to be occupied with the orange.

He leans backward and pulls Joan softly against him, while he feels the familiair pain in his stomach again. He smiles to hide the pain and looks at Olympe, who adores the orange.
'I never learned to speak French, though I understand enough to know you like it very much, Olympe. Well, it's my favorite fruit, though I never learned to peel it off... perhaps I have been spoiled by Joan, who prepares my food so well and so quickly, I am only good at enjoying it! ' he smiles mischievously and squeezes Joan's hand softly.

He listens at Emilie's experiences in Portugal with interest.
'I have been only once in Portugal... to negotiate about the wedding of princess Margaret, but I recall the orange orchards on my way to the court. Since then I import them regularly, they seem to be good for health, so I have been told.'
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 pm

oh love *kisses his cheek* the gardener? oh yes my dear, you can tell me it whenever you want...she realizes he isnt well, rubs his stomach softly and looks into his eyes letting he knows she has realized something wrons is happening* I'm here Thoma s*she smiles and hears Emelies stories*
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Emilie, turning to Thomas notice on his face a grimace of pain, even if he smile, she smile as he talk to Olympe and answer him.

You are lucky !, Joan must be an excellent cooker !

Then frown, the air worried and ask him.

Are you allright, my dear friend ? you seem to not going well.

She nodd and answer him.

Orange seem to be good for the health indeed ! anyway they have a delicious taste, from now, I am going to command oranges to recieve regulary too !

She smile and add.

I have love this country, it's very exotique and the weather is hot and I love it, the rythms of the day and costums are very different from England and France court. But of course the circomstances wasn't joyfull.

She turn to her daughter and caress her hairs as the little girl, snuggling against her, half close her eyes, relaxed and realize that it's getting late.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 am

'Yes, you are an excellent cook, you spoil me in all respects...' he says to Joan, taking her hand and kiss it softly, then put it back on his stomach.

He feels embarrassed that they have noticed his pain and smiles weakly.
'I am alright, a slight irritation of my stomach, it will pass.' he waves his hand to show them there is no problem, but he keeps Joan's hand on his belly by imposing his hand on hers.

He smiles when Emilie wants to order oranges, too.
'You should, especially now Olympe also loves them. And if you don't succeed in ordering them yourself, just tell me and I will arrange it on your behalf.'

He nods after her words about Portugal.
'I agree, it's a totally different country in many ways, but even though I like warm weather I can not work properly when it is so hot, so I prefer England... or I need a study with very thick walls to keep it cold inside.'

He smiles weakly when she mentions the circomstances of her visit.
'Well... she knew she had to obey, most royal marriages are political matters and this was a strategic move. And how hard is it to be married to someone who is much older... as you can confirm, Joan, you and I differ also many years! '
he laughs heartily, well knowing that the king of Portugal and Margaret differed more than twice the years between him and Joan.

He shrugs. 'Anyway, the marriage did not last long and she was free to choose her own bridegroom, even though Henry was not pleased by her choice! '
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 pm

*rubs his stomach softly and says sadly* oh my darling maybe is something I cooked.... I don't know , maybe something too spicy or something fried... oh my darling I hope your pain is not to my fault
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Emilie look to Thomas, worried, seeing that he isn't feeling well even if he try to hide it, she had yet notice that he isn"t in good health.
She smile as he answer her.

Allright, I will try to order them by myself, but if I have difficulties, I will ask for your help.

She look lovingly to her her daughter.

I am sure that it's good for her too.

She kiss Olympe's hairs, then turn again to Thomas and nodd.

I understand, people up there don't worked while hotter hours of the day, but I heard that this kind of weather is good for people that aren"t in good health.

Emilie sigh and nodd.

It's true, she have end by obtain her freedom and marry a man of her choice ... but still that have to sleep with that very old man must has been a nightmare for her, I prefer to don't imagine it ... I know well that royal marriages are poliical affairs, but it change two persons's life, so I think that the diffrence of age and the willing or not of the two of them should matter in the decision ... fortunately that it hadn't last for long anyway..

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm

'No my love, this has nothing to do with something you cooked... in fact, you have not cooked for me today, and also not yesterday. Please, let us not make a fuss of it, I probably ate too little today, you know that when I am busy I forget to eat.' He strokes Joan's worried face and smiles at her.

He sits upright and feels the pain melting away, he sigh in relief.
'Just tell me if there are difficulties while ordering them, Emilie, I will help you.'

His mouth opens and closes when he finds out that people don't work during the hotter hours of the day.
'What do they during those hours instead of working? I can't imagine not working in daytime... the work would never be finished.' he shakes his head in disbelief.

With a weak smile he listens at her horror about the royal marriage and shrugs.
'Like I told you before, Emilie, marriages out of love are only for the common people... all royals and also nobles know that they have no choice to whom they marry and can only hope that the love grows afterwards. I agree with you that it must be very unpleasant to marry such an old man but she knew it would never last long and she forced king Henry to let her choose her second husband herself. Who was to know that she would chose Brandon, who I had sent there to help and protect her?!' he rolls his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next