The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm

*I put all the card on the table and teach you a funny and easy card game* you''ll be a great player my dearest Olympe
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Olympe listen attentively Joan's gestures as she learn her and look at her gestures, then she nodd and answer.

Yes, I think that I have understand, it's look funny ! can we start to play now ?
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 pm

*she smiles and nods* sure sweetheart, I start carefully you can follow the game* your turn my sweet Olympe
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 am

Olympe look attentively to Joan as she select her cards and place it, she then nodd, smiling and choice carefully her own cards before to place it carefully, they continue to play a moment each at their turn, until the game come nearly to its end, each of them having only one card in end, Olympe tell to Joan.

I's your turn, Joan, I think that you are going to win !!

Emilie look at them from her chair, smiling, the air and absent-minded.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:51 pm

*she smiles and doesnt want to win, she wants little olympe to win, she deserves win and enjoy her first cards game , she thinks and when she places her card on the table she realizes is not too good and she's sure the little Olympe's card is better and she will win *Joan smiles happy for the little girl's triumph*
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Olympe smile in seeing the card that Joan put on the table, it's a good one, but she know that hers is better, slowly, the air proud, she put her own card and win the game, she throw up her hands and exclaim in bounding joyfully on her chair.

I have win ! it's my first game cards and I have win !

Then she get up and get her goblet of juice, take a sip of it and return to sat by Joan's side and ask her curiously.

Do you like to play games ?
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:33 pm

*she giggles happy due to the girl's triunphe, hugs her and kisses her forehead* congratulations my darling, yes, you have won!

*when you return I sip my tea and answer* oh yes I love playing games and you???
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Olympe huge her black, smiling happily, take a sip of her juice, nodd with a enthousiast air, her eyes shining and answer her.

Yes I love to play games too !, My preferred one is to play dolls, there is many games that I can invente with them !, I also love to play with my dollhouse, my dolls tea set and with my little animals in wood and I love to play to hide and seek too !

She reflect, rubbing her chin with her fingers, looking at the ceiling with a concentrate air, then look again to Joan and add.

I don't yet know another games ! aside this game cards that I had just learn.

She smile and ask her curiously.

And you, which games do you like to do ?
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 pm

*she smiles and listens to her attentively* oh everything with dolls *giggles* I also loved palying dolls when I was a little girl but I hadn't got too many dollys, I used to play with one my mother had done for me with rags and scraps, I loved that dolly, her name was Elizabeth *she smiles and strokes the little Olympe's hair*
well another game I like is also hode and seek .....and yes , there are lots of cards games, would you like me to teach you another one, maybe a little more difficult than the first one *she winks*
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Olympe giggles and answer with shining eyes.

Yes everything will dolls !

She is surprised that as child Joan had only one doll.

My maman made me a rag doll to me too like yours when I was a little baby, it's my first doll in all my life, she is called Iris, I take her in my arms each time I go to bed, because I love her, she recall me of my maman since she made it herself. But I have several others ones too, I don't know how many, I think five or six.

She smile with joy in thinking to all the dolls that she have and add.

My two favourites ones are Lucy, a beautiful big doll with long blond hairs that maman offered to me for christhmas and Aurore that my papa offered me for my birthday , a big rag doll with brown hairs.

She is amazed to learn that Joan like to play to hide and seek too, thinking that it's would be great to play with her, she is about to suggest her to play to it with her when Joan propose her to play to learn her another card game, curious to see what game it is, she nodd ad answer her with a big smile.

Yes I would like to learn another card game !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:07 am

*she smiles * oh such wonderful names for your dollys!
*she teaches her another cards game a little more ifficult than the first one, now she has more car in her hands , they both play for a long time when she looks at little Olympe's face and thinks she must be tired of cards* sweety would yyou like to play hide nad seek here in the bedroom? we can't go outside ecause the palace is very big, but we can play here if you want
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Olympe listen attentively to Joan as she learn her a new game card and then play with her a moment, but after she time, she can hardly remain concentrated, it's a bit difficult game for her age, so when Joan suggest to play to hide and seek, she smile widely, her eyes shining with happiness and she nodd.

Yes ! I want to play to hide and seek ! I think that here it's great place for play.

She look around the room to the dark corners, big furnitures, chest and trunk in which she could enter for hide with a glint of mishief in her eyes, smile and ask her with enthousiasm.

Can we began to play now ?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Wolsey enters absent minded and notices that no one is in the room. Surprised he looks around and then he hears the cheerful voice of Olympe, who is almost disappeared inside a cupboard.
When she sees him she put a finger on her lips and approaches him to tell him they play hide and seek.
He chuckles and sits down on a couch, following Olympes efforts to find her mother and Joan.

Suddenly he catches a piece of a dress and he pulls her attention.
'... there... behind the sculpture in the corner!' he whispers.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Olympe percieve Thomas entering the room from inside the half-opened cupboard, when she cross his eyes, she gesture to him to remain silent, then get out from the cupboard as discreetly as she can and tell him about their game, a accomplice air on her face.
Then she start to look all around the room, approching the fournitures and walls and inspect carefully every corner, straining her ears looking for a noise that could reveal their place, calling regulary.

Maman ! Joan ! I am coming ! I am going to find you !

She hear Thomas whisper her the information, she turn to him and smile, then look around until finding the scupture in the corner, coming closer she percieve a pink piece of dress, recognize the one that her mother wear, she exclaim.

Maman ! je vous ai vue !

Emilie get up and snake from behind the tall scultpture to its side, laughing, she run to her daughter, catch her and pich her up playfully, hug her, then put her on the floor, then turn to Thomas whom she had seen enter from her corner and smile to him, Olympe grab her dress and pull it slighty for get her attention and tell her.

Maintenant, nous devons trouver Joan !

Emilie nodd, smiling, the air accomplice, Olympe take her mother's hand and tell her with enthousiasm.

Allons la chercher !

Olympe and Emilie walk together around the room , sitll holding each other's hand, the little girl percieve Joan's shoes under the long curtains and she exclaim.

I have see you Joan !

Realizing that she have win the game, Olympe smile cheerfully, bound on her little feets happily and exclaim.

J'ai gagné ! j'ai gagné !

Then recalling that Joan and Thomas don't talk french, she add.

I have win the two of you !
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Emilie giggle in seeing her daughter so happy to have win and answer her softly.

Oui vous avez gagné, ma petite friponne !

She stroke her chubby rose cheek, then turn to Thomas, smile to him and tell him.

Ah you are back my dear !

She take her goblet of juice on the table, join him on the couch and ask him.

I hope it wasn't about a grave problem ?

Then she take a sip of her goblet.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 pm

oh that's no fair! *she claims* you little Olympe are so good at every games you play, you founded me immediately
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Olympe giggle at Joan's words, feeling proud, then smile to her kindly and tell her.

But you are good to ! you could have win ! especially since you are the last one I have find !

She glance to her mother and Thomas talking together, she take gently Joan's hand in hers and walk with her to the couch, release her hand and sat on it by her mother's side and ask her with a air of mischief.

Can you guess where I was hidden ?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:43 pm

He smiles when Olympe finds both Emilie and Joan.
When Emilie asks him about his absence his smile disappears and he frowns.

'Well.... grave.... I got a parchment from Gardener who is still with the Pope, but although he threatens him the Pope will not cooperate.... not really. I had to write him back and I've told him to come home... I will write the Pope myself again.' he sigh and shakes his head.

'... meanwhile I released a man named Bilney, he was in the Tower for almost a year but he almost died.' he smiles weakly.
'He promised me to stay away from the Lutherans and go back to Cambridge... well, we'll see about that!'
When Joan sits down next to him he takes her hand tightly in his, smiling at her and Olympe.
'So.... you went on playing while I was away, I want to hear all about it!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Emilie can see at his air that, yes, it was grave, she listen to him attentively, annoyed but not surprised by the pope's reaction, as lutherian, she consider popes as corrupt great sinners, she think that they are unuseful and shouldn't have such power and money.
She bite her lip slighty, hesitating to reveal him the bottom of her idea about the pope, fearing to reveal her lutherians ideas that she know unallowed and dangerous, then she answer him as soberly as possible.

I am not surprised, the pope is under spaniards's power, I think that they corrupt him and that he had never really had the intention to cooperate, only pretended to for gain as much time as possible, maybe hoping that His majesty would end by renounce.

She take a sip of her goblet and add.

I think that in fact he will never accept to annule His majesty's marriage, because the emperor will never let him do it and I think himself don't agree with it either personally.

Emilie shiver as she hear about this man who was prisonner only because being lutherian, feeling pity for him, conscious that herself could has been treated the same way if people learned about herself being lutherian, fortunately, since she is by nature discreet, secretive and careful, only another lutherians know that she is one of them.
She prefer to don't answer about this man's case, knowing that in another country as in Spain, many lutherians are massacred so their treatment in England still more humans, probably thank to wolsey who isn't a fanatique zealot christian like More, fortunately that this man hadn't the same power as him.
She get relaxed as he talk about their game, turn to her cute little Olympe and look at her in smiling, guessing that she will answer him about it with joy.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Olympe listen to her mother talking with Thomas, don't understanding anything to what they are talking about it, then as Thomas ask her about their game, she smile happily, her eyes shining and answer him.

Joan have learn me two cards games ! and I have win the two of them and then, we have do a hide and seek and I have win too ! I love to play to hide and seek !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

oh yes we did *she says smiling and holding Thoma's hands tightely* we played cards and hide and seek, but this intlligent girl won me at cards game and found me playing hide and seek,...shes too good *she says smiling at Emelie* your daughter is precious
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 pm

He nodds while Emilie is talking about the Pope. A servant brings new glasses, wine and fruit juice and he takes his glass to sip from the wine.
´.... the Pope, well, he is indeed still under the influence of the Emperor, but we are strongly allied to the French, dear Emilie. We have to counterweight this influence, especially to make sure that the Pope is free to decide on this annullment.´! He sigh and shakes his head, the latest news from Francis was not uplifting. He had lost a great part of his army, not only because of the war but also by the sweat sickness.

He perceives her hesitation while he talks about Bilney and looks at her intently.
´As a matter of fact, this Bilney owes his freedom to Cromwell, one of my chief administrators. He asked for his freedom instead of a Newyears present.´ he smiles warmly when he talks about Cromwell, then his face darkens when he reminds the reason for this question.
´Last year, two of my students at Oxford were suspected of Lutheran ideas. My advice is always to lock them up for a little while so they can think and come to repentance.´ he frowns and shakes his head.
´... and so they did, but they locked them up in a cellar and then the sweat disease broke out and they... were forgotten.´ His voice trembles as he reminds Cromwell telling him about the death of the two young students. He cried when he heard the news and it still hits him.

´When they finally remembered them they were dead... two promising students! Since then, I am more indulgent, especially to youngsters who are searching their spiritual way and flirting with other insights.´
He is silent for a while, then feels Joan softly squeezing his hand and he wakes up from his thoughts.

While he listens at Olympe and Joan´s enthusiastic stories he feels better and claps his hands.
´So you won again, Olympe, I told you so! Well, since you like to play hide and seek and I have not played yet, I suggest you hide yourself, little angel and I will seek you myself!´
He nodds in agreement with Joan and turns to Emilie.
´... she is precious, indeed!´
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Emilie listen attentively to his explanation about his plan for convince the pope to accept to bring an annulement to the king's marriage, herself isn't convinced at all of the chances of success of this plan but she know that her friend hadn't much others possibilities for satisfy his master and don't want to make him feel blue in telling what she really think.

Her face get paler as she hear about the terrible way these poor lutherians students has been treated, she take a deep breath, feeling a mixture of deep compassion and horror for her two brothers in religion, probably very young men who had a great future had such an horrible death, forgetten in a sinister cellar, just because of their ideas.
And it's one of her better and closer friends who have send them in this prison where they have find the death !, but she can't totally resent him because she fell that he sincerely is sad of it and regret his decision, she know that he have a good nature and a deep compassion, at last it have push him to being more indulgent now, but she know that she will never be able to tell him her true religion.
She don't well know what to answer, she can't just remain silent, she can't either pretend to being indifferent or worse to consider that they have get what they deserved as unfortunately many people like the queen Catherine, More would do, but she can't either take the risk to tell the bottom of her thinking without reveal her own ideas, she hesitate, sigh and answer.

It's horrible to think that young men with a great future are death in such circomstances ... I can imagine how you felt when you did learn about it ... but you couldn't had imagine that it's would happen ... at last ii shouldn't happen again to another young people like them since you have decide to be more indulgent to them.

Emilie feel happiness and lightenss come back as Thomas talk to Olympe and suggest her to play with him, she smile, knowing that her little girl will surely be willing and enthousiast for play to hide and seek with him, touched by Joan's words about her daughter, she stroke Olympe's chin and answer her with a luxure of adoration and proudness.

Yes, I have the most of wonderful little girl of the world !

Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Olympe look at the snow falling through the windown with fascination as a servent propose her something to drink, used to apple juice, she is curious to taste the orange juice that she propose to her and accept, she look curiously to its orange colour, finding it strange, not looking with anything she know and smell it curiously.
Then she take a cautious little sip of it, once she feel in her mouth this sweet taste, she feel getting found of it and take a large sip of it, then another one, she smile and exclaim with joy and enthousiasm.

It's the better drink I had ever taste ! From now on, it's my preferred drink, much better than apple juice !

She listen attentively to Thomas as he adress her, her eyes shine with delight as he propose her to play, she jump on her feets, a large smile on her little face and she exclaim.

Yes I want to play to it again ! allright, it's me who hide.!

She add with a comically serious air and behaviour.

But you musn't look while I go to hide, it's cheating ! you have to close your eyes until I tell you that you can go !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 pm

He notices her face getting pale while she listens at him and her hesitation before she answers him. He smiles at himself, he knows that she also feels attracted to Lutherian ideas, just like his friend Cromwell.
He sigh a little and glances at Joan. How can a clergyman like himself be friends with people like Cromwell and Emilie? the answer comes quickly to his mind. Because they are no extreme persons and see in perspective - like Joan and himself. He looks at Emilie again and leans forward, speaking softly.

'No, I had no idea that they were locked up so far away... but still I blame myself because I also forgot to inform about them. Anyway, it will not happen again!' He frowns when thinking about the Reformation.
'I want to reform the Catholic Church, but not so radical and suddenly as... some people want.' he stops and sigh, how can he explain that he is hated by the priests and bishops because of his reforms and also hated by the Lutherans because he represents himself everything they disgust about the Catholic Church?

He shrugs and smiles when he looks at Olympe who tries her first orange juice and really enjoys it.
'Do you like to eat oranges also, Olympe? Me too, I eat them a lot!'

When she exclaims that he may not look while she hides herself, he looks shocked.
'Of course I will not look! In fact, you should not tell me too when I can seek you because I could hear where you are... I will count 'till ten, so you have time to hide and I will cover my eyes with my hands, how about that?'

He closes his eyes firmly and put both hands before them and starts to count slow and loudly.
'One... two...'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next