The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Window in the Great Hall

Go down 
+9
Margaret Wyatt
Mary Dawn
Margery Seymour
Catherine Parr
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas More
Francis Bryan
Joan Fitzgerald
Eustace Chapuys
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eustace Chapuys
Spanish Ambassador
Eustace Chapuys

Window in the Great Hall Empty
PostSubject: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:09 pm

As winter started to fall the trees turning to brown Joan sat by the window taking in the beautiful  landscape of the palace gardens in it's winter beauty picking up her book she noticed that Sir Francis was just across the hall smiling Joan went back to her book but really all eyes were on him naturally
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:07 pm

I got up and went over to Lady Fitzgerald, giving a slight bow. My lady it's nice seeing you here again..
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Really! Have you recovered from our little meeting the other day I assume you still want to marry Eleanor Brandon then Joan raised her eyebrows at him sticking her leg up stopping him right in his tracks
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I gave a little chuckle. No one's supposed to know about that yet. But I may as well inform you, yes I do plan on marrying Eleanor. We're in love.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Joan slammed her book shut and then thrusted it to her side standing she approached him Then you had better find me a suitor then and keep your hand at the level of your eye's you will not make a fool of me! Annoyed with him joan undid his doublet filled with anger taking her little sword from beneath the hems of her dress and running it up his neck
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:20 pm

My eyebrow rose as I felt the blunt edge of the knife against my throat. Firstly, you should put that away. You could be arrested for having such a weapon on your person while the king is in residence. I gently pushed her hand away and freed myself from her grip. And isn't it your parents' duty to find you a suitor? It's no fault of mine you showed up months after I'd fallen for another woman. I had to suppress a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Joan could not help but to look at his stupidity The king won't have me arrested I know him too well! Now you may think you have the best acess with the king right now but you do not right now you're status is low and when you marry me it will be higher and the king shall have you in his most inner most circle of men. This marriage was arranged by myself to get your family out of debt I have shown kindness unto your mother and sister they both have very good postions at court now and you dishonour your mother and your family name by marrying a poet! What will you live on air every money that you and your family own is the money I gave too them to help you in your time of need you cannot live of his grace the duke of suffolk money he is a very proud man I have done everything to help your family and this is how you repay me! You are a disgrace too your mother... If you want her to live in poorer conditions than just say as the only claim to wealth you shall ever have is by through our marriage! Think about it and when the king disowns you for not keeping your side of the bargain I will not stand in the street and laugh I will make sure your mother is looked after. You may think me a bitch but I have had the great kindness shown by your mother. Joan sat down tired Your mother nursed my parents when they were ill and sat with them until they died she was at great service very great! And you have shown me great unkindness towards me refusing to play by the rules since I have turned up. Joan got up and traced a finger down his jawline You owe me around 1,000 probably more and trying to get that money after I have put the word out that you refuse to marry me will be impossible you have until hmm let me think the end of the week either to tell me your choice or you can go and see cromwell for the bill Joan walked away from him never having met a more selfish person before and marrying for love no one had that option only the king did
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:21 am

Thomas was walking along Hall. He was bringing some papers with him. He saw some people talking each other and bowed at them, smiling. Then he stopped next to window to read carefully papers in his hands. He had a thoughtful and worried air
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, Lord Privy Seal
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 1:42 am

Thomas made his way through the great hall when he noticed Thomas More. "Lord Chancellor," he said in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:25 am

Thomas raised his eyes from paper once he heard someone talking to him. He was surprised to see Thomas Boleyn there. But he bowed with his head

My lord...I haven't heard you arriving. What...can I do for you?

He asked as kindly as he could, trying to smile
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:26 am

Thomas sneered. He knew things between them weren't exactly pleasant. He was beginning to seize power and More knew it. "I wonder what has your attention so. You must be hard at work for the king."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Thomas took a deep breath and nodded

Indeed, my lord. This a list..gave me by Bishop Fisher. About...monasteries that the King wants to destroy because of the new religion. But I'm sure you're already aware about that...

He said with a fake smile
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Thomas was aware of the false kindness that More presented, and showed some himself. "I make it a point to be aware of many things, as a good subject of King Henry's should do. I think it's an excellent idea to tear down the old and build up the new."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:14 am

Thomas smiled with sad irony and nodded

Of course. Your conception of..new, that's what is threwing this country into chaos and heresy. But this is not important for you, my lord. Your daughter is going to be Queen. And very soon you'll be the most powerful man at court after the King...

He answered looking straight at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Thomas met More's gaze evenly. "Change is not always met with approval, but whatever the king wants the king may get," he replied, alluding to the monasteries as well as Anne. "Also, the king chooses whom he wants for a wife, and if he chooses my daughter then it is the same as if God chose her. But you are wrong on one count, More. I would never be the most powerful man at court. Only...second, perhaps." He sneered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Thomas smiled with irony again. But he took immediately a serious tone

What a modest man. I really appreciate your...modesty, Boleyn. But second to who? Who else apart the King has now the absolute power? Even on clergy? About myself, I'll never stop to serve His Majesty. No matter who his wife is. Even far from court, I'll remain his loyal servant. As you see, I have no need power to serve him...

He added meaningfully
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:27 am

Thomas smirked. "I hope you do realize I am only speaking hypothetically, that to insinuate any further would be a ghastly mark on my character. If the king sees fit to separate from his unlawful marriage and seek another wife then no one can stop it from happening. But yes, hypothetically speaking, I would be second most powerful to the king. But in truth I seek nothing more than to see our king live a long happy life and to serve him in any way I can."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:31 am

Thomas nodded and smiled again after listening him

Of course...why should I doubt about that? Without the King's favour, you would be not Lord of Privy Seal. And I suppose that you consider Fisher's poisoning just an accident. Because only someone who feels no safe could try to kill him. Speaking hypothetically...

He repeated ironically and meaningfully
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm

"A bishop may have many enemies, just as Lord Privy Seal may have enemies. Really, no one is safe if they have a high position.." he replied, sneering.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Thomas nodded

I agree with you, my lord. This is true even for myself. And for the King himself. But I don't think I have enemies. I'm a paceful man who just cares for his King and his family...

He replied shrugging
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:35 pm

"Then I pray that you gain no enemies, for they have no chance against God," he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 12:25 am

Thomas nodded

Indeed. Everything comes back to God. He will be my only judge. But I pray for my...enemies as well, admitting that I could have some. The King knows my opinions about his marriage with your daughter, and he respects them. Hope you're going to do the same, my lord...

He said looking straight at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 am

A fleeting smile came across Thomas's lips and he merely nodded. "My daughter is going to change the world," he said in a low voice filled with pride. "You will see.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 am

Thomas took a breath rolling his eyes

I think your daughter already changed many things, my lord. And many other will change when she'll be Queen. You must be proud of her. But I warn you: if the clergy submits itself at King's authority, it will be the end of catholic faith in this country. But I guess this is Boleyn's target...

He said shrugging and with a small smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window in the Great Hall
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next