The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's office

Go down 
+8
Elizabeth Barton
Mary Tudor
Thomas Jack
Geoffrey Lonshord
Cardinal John Fisher
Thomas Cromwell
Catherine Parr
Thomas More
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

Thomas More's office - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Norfolk looked into More's eyes and grimaced.
If they never consummated the marriage, why needed Henry dispensation from the Pope to marry Katherine in the first place? She was sixteen and Arthur fifteen as they married, not children anymore.. ahh well. he said, looking at Thomas' face.

I don't want to argue with you, my friend, I do respect your opinions. I also respect marriage, though sometimes it is simply not possible to maintain. He added, thinking about his own difficult marriage.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Thomas rolled his eyes while he was talking about Katherine's first marriage and took a deep breath

The Pope had to grant a dispensation because Henry was her brother in law. And as you know, the King himself said that in God's eyes, the man who marries his brother's widow, is a sinner. But of course this is not the real reason of annullement. It's unuseful pretending to ignore that...

He took another breath and looked at his face

But tell me...how are your wife and your daughter, Your Grace?
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Norfolk grimaced and shrugged.
Of course it is not... well, anyway, things will soon be dissolved.

He frowned deeply when asked about his family.
Ahh Thomas, you know my wife! She left me two years ago though now she is back, her tongue as sharp as ever. My sons are doing fine, luckily, Henry married Frances De Vere recently as you may know and my boy Thomas, just a twelve years old boy, already shows his skills in military. He smiled but then his smile disappeared.

My daughter though causes me many troubles, Thomas, she is a stubborn and spirited young woman!
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Thomas looked at him with surprised face

It seems that your sons give you more joy than your daughter, Your Grace. A daughter's education is not an easy thing. But they can be corrected if they act wrong. Just use your wiseness. I'm sure she'll bring you more respect..

He took a deep breath and looked around room

I wish I had your same problems, my Lord. I'm just coming out from a terrible experience. Someone tried to kill me and Bishop Fisher...two nights ago. Poison..

He turned his glance on him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 am

He nodded in agreement.
All she needs is a strong hand, I will discipline her, don't worry.

As More looked around the room he noticed the change of atmosphere. More spoke again and he gasped, watching his face in concern.
You... what? You and Fisher? Poison?! He shook his head to comprehend the meaning of his words.
Are you sure that you feel fine? And how is Fisher? Tell me what happened, Thomas! He frowned deeply as a suspicion crossed his mind and bited his lips in shock.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Thomas joined his hands together on his desk and sighed deeply

I was having dinner with Fisher and other priests. Smeone poisoned our soup and four men died. Thank God I eat nothing...and Fisher is fine too. But I'm sure that he was the target, Your Grace. Whoever the guilty is..

He looked meaningfully at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 am

Norfolk wrung his hands and shook his head.
No.... no! Fisher might be a pain in the ass for some people, but who would want him dead? And you, Thomas, you never harmed anyone! He thought quickly and sweat broke out to him. The Boleyns were rising but maybe not quickly enough to their liking. Who else could be responsable?

He looked at Thomas again and hit his fist on the table.
The guilty must be found at any costs! Who was the cook, is he interrogated? He asked strongly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Thomas took a deep breath and nodded

Yes...Fisher's cook, John Roose, has been arrested. Thank God I was not hungry. Otherwise...you have my same suspect about the guilty. Am I wrong, Your Grace?

He asked, staring questionally at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:49 pm

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.
Fishers cook, his own cook? After so many years of loyal service? He shook his head in disbelief.

Someone must have rewarded him richly to do what he did! Thomas asked him if they shared the same suspicion and he stared into his eyes, biting his lips.

The Boleyns... he whispered, rubbing his neck.
I know they are very ambitious and also ruthless, but I dare hardly believe my own thoughts on this. He sat down, desperate.
Who else could be held responsable for this? he asked Thomas urgently.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Thomas nodded, noticing that he was right

Indeed...Boleyn. Who else? Who else could desire's Fisher death? He is the only one who spoke against the King being appointed Head of Church. I talked with Henry. But he believes that Boleyn and his daughter are innocent...

He added with a deep sigh, joining his hands together on desk again
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 pm

He lowered his head and rested it in his hands.
Yes, who else would want Fisher to die? But Boleyn... never acted before without my knowledge.
The moment he spoke he realized what Thomas might even suspect more.
He lifted his head and looked him straight in the eyes.

Thomas! I sware I have nothing to do with this! You know I want my niece on the throne but I would never go that far to use murder to get her there! I sware on the Cross of Our Lord, please believe me!
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Thomas raised his hand and shook his head

I never accused you, Your Grace. I know how close you and Boleyn are. But...I don't think you could commit a murder only for putting Anne on the throne. This means that Boleyn acted alone. Who else could be his partner? His son?

He asked thoghtfully, more to himself than to Norfolk
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:48 pm

He sighed in relief but rubbed his beard, thinking about Boleyn.
He never acted alone, he used to consult Brandon and me. His son mmm... he thought about George for a moment, he was ambitious like his father and also capricious.

I think you are right, I think he involved his son, he knows that he will do everything for his sister. I wonder about Anne, though. Do you think she is involved, too? Norfolk looked at Thomas again.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Thomas looked around room shooking slowly his head. But finally he turned his head towards him, admitting his real thoughts

Sincerely...I think she is. I talked with the King, but he refuses to believe it. Obviously. Of course it's just a suspect. I have no proves to accuse her too. And even if I had, she is untouchble...

He added rolling his eyes
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Norfolk winced and sighed deeply.

I don't know Thomas, I don't know. He reminded a conversation, not so long ago. Anne was angry with him because he agreed with the king about the Cardinal's shrewdness. She was not as compliant as he assumed she would be, but would she know of her fathers plan and even help him?

Something else occurred to him and he looked up at Thomas again.
If Anne... was involved and Henry denies... he gazed around the room and added, whispering.
Could he himself be involved, too?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Thomas looked astonished at him. He frowned looking curiously at him

Do you mean...the King? Oh no, I don't believe that. He lost his wiseness, yes. But killing Fisher...he has no need to kill someone, Your Grace. As Supreme Head of Church, he has absolute power and he can get what he wants without asking permission...

He answered thinking about his conversation with Henry
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Norfolk shook his head violently.
Of course... how could I even think such thing! He wrung his hands, biting his lips and frowning deeply.

I helped them, Thomas, I do everything for my family as you do for yours. But lately, I start to wonder... he broke off, not able to finish his sentence. He felt anger and fear at the same time.

We have to be careful, very careful! he said, combative.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Thomas looked suprised at him, frowning again

What do you fear...exactly, Your Grace? A revenge or something like this?

He asked, trying to understand
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:54 am

He grimaced and slowly shook his head.
I don't know, Thomas... and that is what worries me. They no longer involve me in their plans, they grow stronger every day, I do want my niece on the throne, but not at all costs.

Biting his lips, he added after a while.
They no longer seek my advice, neither does the king. I thought that the problems were solved once the Cardinal left court, but now I realize that no one but the Boleyns influence Henry and that scares me. What about you, Thomas, how does Henry treat you? He knows your opinion on his great matter...
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Thomas leaned his back against the chair sighing

He still treats me friendly, but not like before. He feels that I'm in disagree about his big matter, but I think he respect my opinion. Until now, at least...

He added with a bit worried voice
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm

He raised his eyebows and frowned.
He obviously knows, I am certain. He treats me friendly as well, but I think he actually blames me for imprisoning Wolsey, he made me Head of the Council but not on my own, I have to share this position with Brandon.

He looked at Thomas worried face and added.
You and I should be his first advisors, we have to collaborate to keep our positions safe, Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Thomas nodded in agreement even if a bit perplexed

I totally agree, Your Grace. But I think you shouldn't complain about your position as Head of Council. If the King gave you the same task he gave to his best friend, this must to mean something...

He said with calm in his voice
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Norfolk kept frowning and frowned even deeper after More spoke.

Brandon ahhh, he worries more about the many skirts at court than about state matters! And Henry knows he does. He just doesn't trust me enough anymore to put me in charge alone.

He looked at Thomas' calm but little confused face and shrugged.

Just take care of what you eat and drink, Thomas. I will talk to Boleyn, but you and Fisher might still be in danger.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Thomas raised up his eyes to ceiling

We're in God's hands, Your Grace. And about Brandon, it's evident that Henry trusts in his best friend in spite of his...reputation. But don't have doubts, my lord: the King still trusts you, and I'll do my best to watch on Fisher's secutity, since now...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Norfolk still frowned and shook his head.
I know he trusts me as he trusts you and Brandon and many more, but that IS the point, Thomas! He trusts no one ONLY, he listens to all of us and decides himself. He no longer puts his trusts in others like he used to do with Wolsey, I guess with the Cardinal gone he also let go of listening to one man alone. He spread the power, can't you see, Thomas? No one will ever gain as much as power as Wolsey had! Which means we are no longer assured of his full trust, no one of us! he spoke strongly, looking at More with wide opened eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's office
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next