The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's office

Go down 
+8
Elizabeth Barton
Mary Tudor
Thomas Jack
Geoffrey Lonshord
Cardinal John Fisher
Thomas Cromwell
Catherine Parr
Thomas More
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Thomas More's office - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Thomas listened carefully at him thinking deeply at his words. He admitted silently that he was right and nodded slowly

Yes...you're right. The truth is that anyone could replace Wolsey. He had blind trust in him, and his treason hurted him deeply. Even if...I heard some rumors. Henry sent him his portrait, once. And now it seems he wants Wolsey to leave Tower to spend the rest of his life in a private residence. Don't you think it's weird?

He asked with suspicion
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Norfolk listened but after Thomas spoke, he hit his desk strongly with his fist and rose from his chair.

What?! Leaving the Tower? For what reason? he walked up and down the room and went back to Thomas, still sitting behind his desk.

Wolsey betrayed him. Why should he have mercy on him? He should execute him instead! Or let him rot away in his cell, at least.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Thomas shrugged taking a breath

I don't know what to say. Henry never wanted him dead. He doesn't trust in him anymore but...I think he misses their friendship...

He said sincerely, looking at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Norfolk rolled his eyes and snorted noisy.

Friendship...such beautiful friendship when one is so deceived! He sighed deeply as he noticed More's calm eyes on him. He sat down again, trying to calm down himself.

If only the scheming peacock does not think he will play any significant role again. I will keep Henry in mind that he can not trust him ever again. You are Lord Chancellor now, Thomas, he should have consulted you about this kind of matters. he looked almost accusingly at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Thomas looked confused at him and joined his hands together on his desk

Maybe he should have do that, yes. But I have not so much influence on him like before. Moreover, after Bishop's poisoning, I'm almost thinking to resign as Chancellor...

He took a breath and shrugged, looking at him

In any case, Wolsey won't be back at his old glory. You have no need to fear a revenge...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Norfolk took a deep breath and let it out slowly while shaking his head.
Resign as Chancellor? Oh no, Thomas, please think about that thoroughly. He needs you, England needs you, you are the conscience of the nation!

He leaned over to look deeply into his eyes.
I fear no one and nothing as long as there are people like you in charge. You can not resign, Thomas, you might have to act against your own standards at times and I know how difficult that is for you, but please, bend instead of bursting. Remember that no one else is as capable as you are, who would you hand over the matters of state? To that measly Cromwell who is doing everything to make himself indispensible? he looked pleadingly at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:12 am

Thomas took a deep breath. He looked at Norfolk

What else should I do if things will get worse, Your Grace? I would never leave King's service, but he is not the same anymore, since that woman entered in his life. Oh sorry...she is your niece, after all. Anyway I have not decided yet...

He paused and thought for a moment, before adding

There are two news, and I wonder if you already heard about them. It seems that Harry ordered to Katherine to leave Palace, and to Wolsey to leave Tower...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Norfolk bited his lips and shook his head heavily.

Don't quit, that is all I am asking you Thomas... I know that she is family to me but that does not mean that I agree with her. On the contrary, if she was my daughter, I would mute her sharp tongue!

He listened to the news and frowned deeply.

You told me earlier about Wolsey, I don't like him to leave the Tower. Where will he go? But queen Katherine, where will Henry bring her? Did she finally agree to retire to a monastery? Or did the Pope order her to give in? He could not help smiling as he spoke about Katherine, this was good news. His niece was one step ahead to the throne.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:40 am

Thomas shrugged again

The King will grant to both, I mean to Wolsey and to Katherine, a private residence far from court. But he can't treat his loyal wife as a traitor, Your Grace. Our Queen did nothing against him. Just...he loved him too much, I suppose. Oh...and he also ordered her to give Queen's jewels back. So I imagine...you'll see the same jewels on your niece's head and neck, now...

He added ironically raising his eyes to ceiling
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:24 am

Margaret knocked on her Farthers door noticing it was slightly a jar she poked her head through the door it was empty she decided to go in anyway Margaret wanted to know where her Farther was she missed him greatly everything about his office reminded her of him. Margaret placed a gift for her Farther upon his desk although she was not sorry for discussing the things they did she still wanted her Farther to know she loved him very much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Every time you pray Farther I shall be at your side praying with you'

That was a note Margaret left next to it. She creeped out of his study pulling the door towards her before resting her head against it closing her eye's briefly
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:26 am

Thomas came into his study. He found something on his desk with a note. He read the note and smiled. He knew Margaret loved him and pressed the note against his heart
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:17 am

The servant announce Lady Jane Heterford.

Last edited by Jane Heterford on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Thomas was reading something at his desk. He looked at the door after servant's announcement

Of course...she may come in...
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:12 pm

"Hello my lord."

She said with a curtsey.

Last edited by Jane Heterford on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 am

Thomas stood up and bowed

My Lady Heterford...good day. What can I do for you?

He asked rather surprised

Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 am

"I just trying to get to know the people of the court."

She said looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Thomas smiled and showed her the chair

I understand. You must be new to court. I'm the King's Chancellor, as you know. Are you a lady in waiting?
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 pm

"I am to Lady Anne Boleyn."

She said after sitting down.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Thomas sat at his desk again and nodded

Ohh...I see. The Boleyn girl has already her own ladies, and she already acts like a Queen! Are you one of her relatives, my lady?

He asked, wondering if she was related with Howard's family
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:54 pm

"No my lord I am not."

She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 am

Thomas nodded

I understand. You must be proud of serving the future Queen of England. But if you only knew Queen Katherine, the true Queen, you would be much proud. Trust me..
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 am

"My cousin did."

She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Thomas looked surprised at her

Oh...and who is your cousin, my lady?

He asked
Back to top Go down
Jane Heterford
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Heterford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:48 pm

"I am not sure I was told by my father."

She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Thomas nodded

I see. And tell me..do you like english court, lady Jane?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's office
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next