The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
+35
Isabella Vasa
Daenerys Targaryen
George Hastings
Grace de Velville
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Thomas More
Will Somers
William Davenport
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Margaret Vasa
Gustav Vasa
Thomas Cromwell
Viola Lancaster
Mionetta Rizzo
Francesca Benedetti
Quiteria de Navarra
Ursula Misseldon
Alfonsina Garcia
William Stuart
Diane de Poitiers
Margaret Douglas
Henry Norris
Lorenzo Campeggio
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Geoffrey Lonshord
Thomas Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
James Stuart of Scotland
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Tudor
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

King's Reception Room - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 6:14 pm

Juana stood there as the King of England began speaking to her, her gaze met with his in a instant and she moved to have a seat once the wine was brought to her and she brought it to her lips slowly placing it down after

"Thank you your majesty, it is no secret the Kingdom of Spain, through Aragon and that of Castile are cousins of mine. My great grandfather was the son of Alfonso V of Aragon, Ferdinand I of Naples was his name" she paused a moment

"it is no secret my great great grandfather was indeed the uncle to that of Ferdinand II of Aragon your once father in law." she smiled at him kindly "I am grateful that my blood relations should not hinder me coming here and I thank you most kindly for your compliments, I had not imagined such words would spread so far even to your court. It flatters me and your wine is lovely here your majesty"

She sat there then listening to the King's proposal, allies and friendship between them. This was her first time in England for quite some time and she knew well her husband no longer spent his time at her side, she even letting him his choice to spend his days among the church and relinquishing her marriage bed with him all together.

Hearing him mention of a marriage alliance her wine glass to her lips as she took a drink of wine slowly placing it down "yes your majesty, as a matter a fact I have a few sons. My son the Duke of Calabria, Ferdinand and my sons Peter who I've given the princedom of Taranto to and that of my son John who governs my father's lands in Salerno.

I have been blessed with beautiful and strong sons the lord has been kind to do so, my son Maximillian is my youngest while my sons Arthur, and Alexei are the older ones, Arthur my son being the eldest one. I have also been blessed with a few daughters as well, my daughters Ines and Emma. My daughter Adelaide fell ill and passed away some time prior while in Italy.
" she looked at the kind King who welcomed her in his presence

"Your daughter how old is she, this Katherine? My son Peter is of age to wed as are the others while Maximilian and Emma are still so little now in age. But my son Peter my heir and Prince of Taranto I will present for this union if you welcome it."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Henry sighed deeply

I'm sorry for your daughter, Your Majesty. But I'm gld hearing God blessed you with so many children. I hope having a son very soon..since my Queen is with child..

He smiled and gestured servants to let them talking alone

There are not compliments, my Lady. That's simply the truth. You are such a lovely woman..before than a Queen. My daughter Katherine is 16, so I think she could be perfect for one of your sons. No matter if he is older..I'm sure he'll treat her like a jewel. You know..my daughter is so innocent..she knows nothing about the world. But..she is also very young, so she can give us grandchildren..

He said before taking his glass of wine
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Although Queen Juana had listened to everything, her wine glass placed on the table, her eyes looked right at the King with them dark hues of hers, She had the strong features which was legendary to her mother Lucrezia Borgia even who was a mother she didn't even really know. Her finger tips run along the table a bit as she listened to everything spoken "Your daughter must be lovely beyond compare and yes my son Peter will treat her well" She admitted while her hand reached for the wine in her glass "But my son Peter being my heir will one day take the thrones of Jerusalem and Naples, I have been preparing him his entire life to take the place of myself one day when the time comes and he will need sons, heirs from this daughter of yours. I have no doubt we will have many grandchildren"

"Tell me of this daughter of yours, what is she like your majesty? Is she legitimate? regardless of if she is or not I am sure something can be arranged for her dowry, my father was after all the illegitimate son of a former King of Naples." She smiled thinking then of her son Peter "Peter my son is strong willed, bold and cunning. Even as a woman I have educated him well, I have no doubt he may even come to impress your majesty greatly and now as you wish a alliance with me I should like to introduce you to your new future son in law if you will permit it."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Henry nodded with a smile

My daughter Katherine is illegittimate, my Lady. But I'm sure we'll find a good agreement about her dowry. Also, I can assure you that she is still a virgin, and that she is in good health. That's why I'm sure she'll grant many Princes for the throne of Naples and Jerusalem..

He took a sip from wine before continuing

I'll be glad to meet your son, when this will be possible..Your Majesty. About my daughter...she is rather shy..so I ask to be patient before meeting her. But she will be a good Queen for your son..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Queen Juana looked right at the King, relaxing in her chair she had the glass of wine to her lips drinking it while listening to him, the conversations they had for this alliance together and she smiled at his words "I believe your majesty, weather she has sons or daughters I will be a proud grandmother surely" she admitted, pleased to hear the Lady Katherine his daughter be a virgin, it ensured surely the legitimacy of the wedding so there wouldn't be any obstacles between when it came to the marriage bed.

"it pleases me your majesty to hear your daughter be so pious and a maid, a stranger to the touch of any man. I should like it to remain as such of course, my son has been raised a Catholic Prince and I know him to be kind and wise but he can be a bit like me of course with his bold nature." she smiled a bit, her wine glass emptied of course from finishing every drop from it.

"her shyness is no issue your majesty, but if you would permit it I encourage her to stay with me so I may educate her the customs of my homeland. If she is to be Queen Consort of Naples and Jerusalem one day she will need to know much, I will send a tutor to educate her further if you should allow it.

They have educated my own children as well, it would be good especially since Naples often gathers the royal family, myself and my children to speak to the people on behalf of the Kingdom's of Naples and Jerusalem and we have people who come, loyal subjects even to myself.
"

"I would not wish to overwhelm her with such trifles but perhaps it will benefit her surely, even as a woman. She will I have no doubt make us both proud of her " she smiled at the King, sure she was a rather attractive woman of course but she was sure the rumors of her own marriage had reached here regarding that her husband

"I admit, the company of my son Peter he tends to spend much time with me along with my other children. I have a husband who no longer spends at my side your majesty who takes to the life of a church, the King Consort has been stripped of his titles but lives a life in retirement and pilgrimage for his own choice.

I have chose to grant it, I suppose you can say I could not deny my own husband his desires, to be truly with the lord and his subjects.
" she admitted so much to the King, "yes I will send for my son Peter to come, I will be happy to introduce you to him and yes I will be patient with your daughter as well. She will be safe with me I assure you"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 5:29 pm

Henry listened her with attention and interest. He looked at her with a smile before speaking

Oh I have no doubts she will be safe with you, Your Majesty. Making her Queen Consort of Naples and Jerusalem will make me even prouder of her. As I told you, she is very shy. And since her mother passed away..she needs a guide. I think that 50,000 golden shields is a raisonable amount for her dowry. And I may add an old residence in Suffolk and the land around it. My grandmother..Queen Elizabeth Woodville, loved spending time there..

He took another sip from his wine and looked at her beautiful face. He couldn't help to smile

Also..I totally agree about the tutor. But..I would like to ask you something, my Lady. You see, since my daughter is very innocent, and since she has no longer a mother, she knows nothing about marriage. She has never been alone in a room with a man. So..I'm sure you know what I mean. I would love that you would explain to her..what's happens during wedding night. A woman like you..with your experience..and so many children..I can't think about one else. Oh..I also hope my request didn't offend you, Your Majesty..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 6:28 pm

Juana of Aragon looked right at the King of England, the young Queen of Jerusalem and Naples sitting right in her seat, everyone knowing well her accomplishments but she too hard a dark history even behind that beautiful and lovely face of hers. She moved her fingers along the wine glass as the servants refilled it for her "It will be substantial enough, my lands are vast as well and I am sorry to hear that her dear mother has perished. I never had the chance truly to know mine, When she married her third husband she was demanded to abandon my brothers, Giovanni and Rodrigo as well as I. the d'Este had there wishes to uphold, any past history of my mother had to be cast aside for them to accept her" She admitted

"Sadly, it included myself. After my father's murder, my mother abandoning us came so suddenly I do not remember her face, I have been a orphan all my life, I suppose you can say I know how your daughter feels to be without a mothers love." Juana had a kindness in her, a motherly nature as well due that she had so many children... sons and daughters alike, "Although I was raised a while with my brother Rodrigo by our aunt, the Duchess of Bari, Isabella of Aragon. She educated me in so much, made sure I had the knowledge of everything as best as she could"

A smile formed her lips even at his offer "I will accept your proposal, I will educate your daughter, the Lady Katherine myself and send a fine tutor one of my subjects to do so, and if you permit I should like substantial apartments so I may even work with her personally myself, her latin, Italian and even the art of music. My people love music, I have no doubt she will love to flourish in it while she matures in age further. I will do the same for her as my aunt had done for me your majesty"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Henry nodded after listening her

Thank you, Your Majesty. I know my daughter will be in good hands with you. She is lucky having such a mother in law. She loves music..so I think she will accept gladly your help. So..to our children. May they have a long and happy life and having many children...especially sons..

He laughed and raised his glass of wine, looking straight at her
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 8:54 am

I had arrived at Whitehall with the excommunication notice from the Pope and I knew that King Henry would not like it but I had to show him it and I waited to be admitted to his presence.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2022 5:51 pm

A servant announced the presence of Cardinal Wolsey. He glanced to Queen Juana before nodding

Let him come in..

Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Juana smiled at his majesty before the Queen brought the glass of wine to her lips once more "i do hope to be one very much so which will make her even proud to call me as such. I am honored for the opportunity of course your majesty" she admitted but being wise beyond her years she was indeed intensely attractive as well. Once she heard of a cardinal to arrive she glanced over being catholic of faith herself firmly so "your eminence, it is a pleasure" she admitted to the cardinal coming to visit the King.

Last edited by Juana of Aragon on Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 7:48 am

I had been granted permission to enter the King's presence and i held the excommunication letter from the Pope in my hands and as I entered I noticed that Queen Juana was there too.
I approached and bowed to the King.
"Your Majesty I have a document which I must show to you and I came at once with it. I say to him as I then turn to Queen Juana.[/color=#808000]"Queen Juana it is an honour to meet you.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 5:04 pm

Henry nodded. A servant took the paper from Wolsey's hands and brought it in his. He read it with attention. After reading, he shook his head and he crumpled the paper in his hands

Thank you, Cardinal Wolsey. The Pope excommunicated me from Church. But he doesn't know yet that I am now Head of my own Church. I have no fear of him! I'll build cleaner Church and I'll take decision about religion by myself!

He leaned towards Wolsey

Reply to Pope, that the ones who will reject me as Suprem Head of Chuch, refusing the oath...they will be put to death! Do you understand? And also..let him know that the appointment as cardinal of Fisher is unuseful. He is already in the Tower..and he will be beheaded soon!

He almost shouted, forgetting for a moment that Queen Juana was there. He simply gestured with his hand towards Wolsey meanging to leave
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 5:27 pm

The young Queen of Naples and Jerusalem sat there in silence watching as the cardinal declaired the King of England was excommunicated by that the pope of Rome, so many rulers feared of it but the King had goals, bigger and larger goals then so many ever would imagine daring to do themselves. To become head of the church of his own church was a decisive plan but clever, he could rid himself any obsticle doing so. "his holiness is a fool" she admitted boldly with her tongue but turned her hues toward the King

"he forgets it is us rulers he needs for the armies to protect him, the support of us is what he needs most. Without it he becomes estranged and unprotected even in Rome, not even the Emperor would defend him surely. If Spain turns there back on the Pope the pope must seek allies elsewhere, how will he find it if he excommunicates his own subjects who were once loyal to him?" she paused a moment recalling that when she was but a young girl she was placed on a throne which would try hard to keep France and Spain from regaining it

"I am certain after all it was the papacy after all who done nothing to stop the merciless attacks upon my family, upon my home in Naples while France and Spain wanted so desperately to take it, my grandfather was killed when Naples was attacked, my uncles deposed all the battles from both Spain and France wanting Naples for themselves" she looked at his majesty "I suppose we should become allies even in your time of need even as his holiness turns his back on you as he done my family" she watched as the King beckoned the good cardinal to leave and she sat there, her hands upon her lap now as she sat there in silence "I'm so sorry your majesty he does this to you as well"

Last edited by Juana of Aragon on Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 5:08 pm

Henry sighed deeply

I'm sorry you had to hear that, Your Majesty. But as you see, my enemies grow day by day. Of course I thank you for your support and alliance. But you are a catholic Queen, then you are supposed to be loyal to Pope. What if he excommunicates you? Could you deal with this? About myself..I don't care of him. But we need to be close if our families join together..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Juana knew the King's concerns and understood them well "You are right I am a Catholic queen your majesty but like so many rulers even I do not fear his holiness or his threats of excommunication. I am afraid I have known as many times he threatens it he welcomes them back when it so suits him to do so, to me it is like a game to him to dangle in front of every ruler to see if they falter to his will or if he must use force of other means in the spiritual way of sorts." She admitted, sure she was clever and hardly foolish but she smiled a bit

"I suppose you can say I don't fear him a single bit, but should he excommunicate me he will loose Naples his closest route for support and security to Rome along with the armies of Jerusalem with it."  She thought on the union of there families then nodded to his words "Yes we must make effort to unite our two families and forget a bond of friendship between us the union of your daughter to my son Peter. The alliance between us and this union will keep us both close regardless of my catholic standings with his holiness
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 4:35 pm

Henry nodded at her words

Yes...you are right, Your Majesty. We need to focus on our children, now. They are the future. And I'm sure they'll have a great future together, and they will bring peace and prosperity to our kingdoms. To our children..

He said raising his glass of wine and smiling at her
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 11:45 pm

A page enters the room "Your Majesty, Pardon the interruption,but A Lady Victoria Brandon is here"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 6:25 pm

Few days after Queen Juana's visit, a page came to announce Lady Victoria Brandon. He smiled wide and nodded, since she was his best friend's daughter. As she came in, he remained speechless because of her beauty

Lady Brandon..welcome! I haven't seen you at court, recently. I thought you reached your husband abroad with your girls. Your father is so proud of you. So tell me..what can I do for you?

He asked, hoping to satisfy her request. Charles had many children, but surely Victoria was at his eyes one of the most beautiful ladies in the whole court. Such  pity her husband was far from her
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 2:46 am

"He certainly is busy Victoria replied "But I have come here to ask for my father to be invited back to court. I may not know what it was about, but surely it has simmered down by now*
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 6:31 pm

Henry sighed after her words

You know, Lady Brandon..sometimes your father can't refrain himself to say his opinion about my Queen. So I sent him at his family home in Suffolk for few weeks. I love your father, he is my best friend and I appreciate his suggestions about politics or business..but not about my private life..

He smiled looking at her concerned face

But don't worry. I heard that Queen Anne asked to see him. I think he is already back to court and I imagine he can't wait to see you. I'm sure he missed you and his grandaughters..
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 6:24 pm

With a relieved sigh Victoria answers "Yes, he surely has" before departing, she thanks him for his time and bids him adieu and walks backwards as to not turn her back towards him through the door unti the doors close

------------End of Thread-----
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 pm

I nodded at King Henry as he passed his message on to me.

"I completely understand, your Majesty and I shall return to Rome at once to inform his Holiness. He will however not be pleased and that of Fisher will not be to his liking either your majesty, but I will go as you request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22