The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's Private room Empty
PostSubject: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*Wolsey and Joan enjoy a visit from Emilie de Fontanay and her daughter Olympe. Emilie just accepted a proposal from him to support her school at Eastnor financially so she can educate poor girls.*

Wolsey leans towards her, seized by his proposal and her enthusiastic respond.
Yes, I assume you do, my lady, and I have full trust you will succeed to educate them and give them a better chance in life!
His eyes glisten as he looks at her, smiling warmly.
We'll work out the details later, my lady, but for now we have an agreement.

He takes another sip and picks up a shrimp, looking at the three of them to make sure that all of them are satisfied. Staring into the flames he is silent for a while, just enjoying the moment.

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Feeling proud and happy of his trust, Emilie nodd.
Thank you for your trust, your excellence, it's my motivation to bring a good education to the girls of this country, of any social category.
She take a sip of her goblet then eat a few exotique fruits.
Yes, we have the time to work on details, the most important is that we have an agreement.
Olympe get up, join her mother and climb on her laps, Emilie wrapp her arm around her waist and glance to the flames of the chimney with a dreamy air, thinkingti to George and add.
I will have to return to Eastnor in a little while for care of all this.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 am

Wolsey looks at both Emilie and Olympe, smiling warmly.
I can tell you have a strong bond and she loves you very much! he says, shrugging at the thought of her love, who seems to be one of his enemies' son.
I'm sorry that we can't include your secret love in our new family bond, I suppose...

Joan walks over to him and sits at the back of his chair. He smiles at her, then frowns when Emilie announces she will leave soon to Eastnor.
I will miss you... we will miss you he improves himself, when Joan squeezes his arm.

Suddenly he smiles broadly at Emilie.
My lady, I plan to organize a masquerade tomorrow night. I would be delighted if you would also attend!
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 am

Emilie turn to the cardinal and smile to him.
Yes, I do love her very much and I know that she love me too !, it's an adorable little girl, kind, soft, clever, full of life and curious of everything !
She glance to her daughter with a fond air and kiss caress her cherubic thin golden curls, then she look again at the cardinal with a serious air on her face as he talk about her love and nodd a bit saddly.
I am sorry of this situation too, I would like to can love him in full light, present him to everyone as my love and can present our daughter as his own openly, officially ...
She look at the floor with a melancolical air and add.
Alas, you know the situation, it will probably never be like that, for preserve our little family's sake, it must remain secret, pour vivre heureux vivons cachés !, comme on dit en France .
She look at the cardinal with a moved air, smile softly.
I will miss you too, very much, I am not leaving right now anyway, it will probably take me a couple of weeks for end to do all what I to at court and I will come back at court in journey, I always do. And I invite you to visit us at Eastnor castle, for spend time with me and my little Olympe and for make you discover my school, introduce you to my pupils. It isn't just a polite invitation, I really want you for come, warmly.
Emilie's face lighten up as she ear that he organize a mascarade, she smile radiantly.
Yes I will come ! with pleasure !, it's an excellent idea, thank you to organize it, your excellence, it's an eternity that i hadn't attend a mascarade !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Wolsey smiles warmly at her, when she describes Olympe.
'She is your image, dear Emilie!'

He feels sorry for her as he notices her depressed face and gives himself a reprimand that he had brought it up. He leans forward and squeezes softly her arm.
' Well, who knows what the future holds? Meanwhile, we make the most of it and we enjoy each others company.'

When she tells him she will not leave immediately, he feels relieved, and her invitation makes him clap his hands for joy.
'I'm so glad you'll be around for another while and when you have to go, I'll visit you for sure! I can't wait to see your school, meet your pupils and perhaps we could visit my schools one day, too. I let a clock tower building right now, you know!' his eyes glisten as always when he talks about education.

He feels warm inside when she accepts his invitation for the Masquerade, smiling a little naughty at her.
'It would mean so much to me if you attend, since most guests probably don't like me at all!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:46 pm

[b]Emilie smile as he squeze her arm and nodd.
It's true, it's could change with time, what I wish for the most is that he recognize officially Olympe as his daughter, one day, it's the most important thing for me, but I know that if he don't yet do it it's for protect her. And in the meanwhile, indeed, it's change nothing to our friendship and possibility to hold each others compagny as now !
Emilie giggle, amused and pleased by his joy to her invitation.
And I can't wait for make you visit my school and meet my pupils and also show you my main household, the place that I prefer in earth, we will be able to spend nice time together in my private rooms ! And I would like to visit your schools too one day, I am sure that they are great !
Emilie laugh as he tell with mischief that most of the guests don't like him.
I will be there, so you will have at last one person who like you for hold you compagny ! I am sure that we will spend a nice evening together and for people who dislike you, just ingore them !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

Wolsey sighs as she speaks out her deepest wishes.
'If things were so easy...' he says vaguely, shrugging, then smiling again.
'We just have to deal with the situation as it is, trying to influence the state of affairs as far as we can and meanwhile enjoy the good things that life brings us.'

He leans back in his chair, Joan strokes his arm and he puts one hand on hers, smiling warmly at her.
'Well my dear Emilie, my schools are great indeed, at least, I want them to be!' he says thoughtfully.
'I invest much in education, not only founding schools but also libraries. I'm also a great lover of architecture, as you might have noticed I made a lot of improvements here at Hampton Court, which was just a grand private house when I began to lease it.' He speaks enthusiastic and with pride in his eyes.

Laughing along with her, he adds mischievously.
'Well, I'm used to people treating me like I'm an evil man. I know most of them don't know me for who I am in real and just formed an image of me, based on stories they hear and believe it for the truth!'
He sighs, suddenly serious again.
'It would be a respite to have you around, though! I want it to be a splendous evening and fervently hope that the King himself will attend... and I certainly hope to speak with you and have a drink together!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:55 pm

[b]Emilie nodd, a serious air on her face, leaning her chin to her daughter's forehead.
Indeed, we have to deal with the reality and get as much happiness as we can in our situation and I can say that I am very happy with my situation as it is, even if sometimes, I would like it for being different.
Emilie smile to him, admirative of his investissement in education and architecture.
I hadn't yet visit any of your school, but in seeing Hampton court, I can tell that you have a real talent for architecture.
She reflect to his words and nodd again.
You know, what I find the more interesting in life is what we can find of good in people, wthe relationships of any kind that we can developpe with them, the exchanges that we can have and I like to make myself my own opinion on each person rather than to just adopt another people's image of the person because I know that it can be totally wrong.
She giggle and add in a soft tone.
And the person that I find the most interesting with whom I love the most talk with, spend time with, try to developp relationship, are often thoses who aren't very popular, who hadn't a sweet image and remain mysterious to me because I feel a dephtness behind their fortifications and I try to discover it, to see their soul because I know that I can find roses behind the brambles, while behind the sweet image of popular people, I often find something more dark or even emptiness in their soul.
Emilie smile and nodd.
I hope so too, your excellency.
Little Olympe lay down her mother's laps and began to suck her thumb, her eyes half-closed, Emilie smile tenderly in looking at her, caress her curls thinking that her daughter began to be tired.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Wolsey nods in agreement to her conclusion that she likes life the way it is, though it is not always like she wants it to be.
'One has to make one's own life and take your own responsability for your own happiness, though circumstances can make it tough, you decide if you go under or keep swimming...' he chuckles 'I hope you can swim at least, dear Emilie, because I never learned to swim, but I don't plan to drown, either!' He looks mischievously at her. 'Perhaps we could open a swimming school, what do you think?'

He feels pride when she compliments him for his archivectural improvements at Hampton Court.
'My private rooms have just finished and I've also created the western courtyard, I call it the Base Court: it's where the rooms for the guests are such as ambassadors and even Kings... did you know it scribes a circle around its corners? You also find some fine Italian sculptures here...' he leans forward, shrugging and smiling mischievously again. ' Sometimes there are other things to discuss than only state matters, certainly with the Italians who send me not only ambassadors, but also papal representatives and sculptors and other practitioners!' He stops suddenly, he bores her probably.

As he listens to her explanation of how she looks at people and has more friends who are not popular but who she esteems high, his eyebrow raises and he smiles faintly, frowning a little.
'Well, dear Emilie, I must admit I never thought about that, though I agree with you that people are not always who they seem to be in the first place. I maintain many relationships, mostly business, and in business the results count, not the intention, though it's the intention underneath that determines the final result... '
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm

She giggle at his comparaison to a swimming pool.
Well, myself I know to swim since my childhood and love to do it at summer, I think that whatever can happen to you, you have to keep on swimming and don't let the bad events drown you !
She smile in recalling of the first summer season at Eastnor, the girls and her swimming in the clear water of lake of the domain.
I yet have do it while last summer at Eastnor, since the last times of spring until the first days of september, I have take my girls to swim with me in the lake and we have learn to thoses who don't knowed to swim ! it was nice and invigorating !
Emilie listen attentively to his explanations about Hampton Court's improvement, then her face lighten up as he talk about italian artists whom he recieve.
For sure Italy is the country of arts, especially the city of Florence and its great painters, I love so much Botticelli's paintings, I have see reproductions of it in books. It's must be insprating to recieve this king of people.
Emilie nodd, the air serious.
Sure, we hadn't the same way kind of relationship with people, you it's business relationship, while myself, I am mostly instinctive in my relationships and I have very different friends, I don't really choice my friends, I become friend with people instinctively. When I have to deal with someone who I don't appreciate in current life, I am always polite and do my best for it go the better possible.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Wolsey smiles approvingly at her.
'So you already learn your pupils how to swim... that is rather unusual, but groundbreaking, dear Emilie, but then, you yourself are also an unusual and groundbreaking woman!' He chuckles, looking at her with mischievous eyes.
'Perhaps it's one if the reasons I like you, you are broad-minded. You would be a good diplomat, in my opinion.'

He rubs his chin, looking at her thoughtfully. 'Did you know that I close monasteries? Commissioned by the King himself, of course!' he adds quickly. 'Would you ever believe that from a clergyman?' he grins, then becomes serious again.
'We don't need a reformation here, we reform ourselves the ecclesiastical system, the King and I!'
He leans forward again. 'Our King is a great Catholic, which is not strange regarding the fact that he was raised to make an ecclesiastical career, since his older brother Arthur was the heir to the throne, of course!'
He looks at her with shining eyes. ' And not only the eccesiastical system, also the whole administration system of the realm and the legal proceedings have improved during his reign...' he speaks proudly, he wants everyone to know the qualities of the King, his King.

With pleasure he listens to her admiration of the Italian painters.
'I've met many of them indeed, not all are good of course, but most of them are real artists...Botticelli, yes, I like his paintings also, it's a pity I've never met him since he died before my career at court started, just like Mantegna, who painted the "triumps of Caesar"... but I've met Bandinelli and Michelangelo, who made sculptures you've probably seen already, the latter even already designed my tomb!'

He nods understandingly at her remark of being polite.
'One should always be polite and affable, no matter if you like or do not like a person.' He shrugs. [b]'... and instinct is important, my lady, it tells you if a person can be trusted or not!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm

[b]Emilie feel proud of his compliment about the way she educate her girls.
Well, in fact it's my aim to bring them a groundbreaking and complete education, I hadn't create a school for girls for just learn to them to read, write, count, sew and embroider ! .
She giggle, then her facet take a more serious air.
And I estimate that physical education is important too, so they learn to dance and, at summer, to swim, we also take long strolls in the castle's domain regulary, it's make some good to their body and health and at the same time, it's the occasion of natural sciences lessons with the obersvations of nature and animals and, even if they aren't used to it, most of them love that !
Emilie feel embarrassed as he talk about reformation, playing with her fingers nervously, herself is fervently for reformation but she can't tell him, instead of it, she content on answering with modesty with a bit sybillic air .
Yes, our king is an excellent king for sure, and I think that we have to obey and respect his decisions because he know better than us what is good for England.
She smile happily, feeling her embarrassement disappear as he talk about italian artists.
I hadn't has had the chance to encounter one of theses great painters, I would had like very much to encounter Botticelli, I don't recall of Bandinelli, but I Michelangelo is a genious of painting, you are lucky to have encounter him !
She nodd.
You can't pretend to give someone lessons about how to behave if yourself you don't behave properly. It'simportant to remain dignifiant of yourself in any situation, even with someone whom you dislike. And indeed, myself I can feel if I can rely on someone or not by instinct and refuse to ally to someone I don't rely on even if it coul bring me some material interest, as many people do at court.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Wolsey raises an eyebrow and smiles good-natured when she tells him how she teaches her girls.
'I think that learning them to read, write and count is already much more then only learn them to sew and embroider, since sewing and embroidering will be one of their main tasks in daily life.' He sighs, frowning. 'I hope that their future husbands admire them for having learnt more, because I can imagine that not all men like women who are equal to them in knowledge '

He glances at Joan, grinning and raising his hands.
' I definitely don't mean myself, my love! You know me better than that! He squeezes her cheek softly, adding: In fact, I'm convinced now that wisdom and knowledge are two seperate things and you exceed me in wisdom, dear Joan!'

He smiles at Emilie when she speaks about the King.
'Yes, he is a good King for sure! I m a lucky man to be able to work for him and also to encounter other great men like the present King of France! And all these artists indeed, not only painters but also sculpturers, architects, glassblowers, carpet makers '

He reflects her last sentence, feeling a little unconfortable.
'That is the one disadvantage, Emilie, I sometimes have to form allies with people who I don't like at all '
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Emilie smile at his answer.
It's true, read, write, count, sew and embroider are important for daily life, but I think that as long as we learn to girls only that, they will for sure not be able to do something else, while if we learn them another things, then their talents will be much more various and developped and it's my aim, even if only a few people understand me.
She sigh, thinking to his words, she know that he is right, that it's a society is based in a pretended unequality between men and women and reject everything that could show the contrary and that most of women's place isn't enviable.
Well, I know that there is men who appreciate cultured ladies, for whom a beautiful appareance, submissive attitude and good capacities as householder aren't enough and who look for a wife who also is able to have a interesting converation, I wish this kind of men for my girls.
Emilie smile in hearing Thomas talking with Joan, guessing that she musn't either be happy with what he said about men and women, then listen with attention as he talk about artists, then she notice that he feel incomfortable with what she said and she guess also with what he have to do in his duties.
Yes, I know, it's why I couldn't do this kind of duty, men like you are precious, for being able to do what other ones wouldn't be able to do.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Wolsey smiles indulgent at Emilie.
'Please, do not blame me, my friend, I only told you how things are at the moment, I'm on your side or I would not support you!'

He looks at her with fun eyes.
'Everything you say is true and I certainly agree with you, though I must admit I also like it when Joan bakes me some of her delicious cakes!' He looks with loving eyes at Joan who is playing again with Olympe and becomes serious again.

'There will surely be more men like I who appreciate a woman who not only looks after them, but also talks with them and - in my case - sometimes go against me and tells me her point of view. She is the only one I trust fully and knows everything about me without restrictions... back and forth. I wish the same for you and your students, in fact for everyone!'

He is silent for a while, reflecting her words.
'Well,... precious?' he laughs hearty. It does need some skills, and I think I understand most peoples motives and aniticipate on it...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Emilie giggle at his words and answer him kindly.
I don't blame you, I wouldn't do it ! I am very glad to have your support and I look forward once day make you visit my school !
She glance on her daughter and smile in seeing her playing with Joan, seeming happy and comfortable with her, then turn to Thomas and listen to him.
Yes, you are right, I think that the girls of my school will have many suitors and chances to do good marriages for they will please men by their culture and multiple skills and talents ! It's seem ambitious, but I want them to become a kind of elite among the kingdom's young girls !
She laugh with him.
I think that every kingdom in world need men like you for work well and they are rarely popular, their decisions can't please to everyone.
She ask him with curiousity.
Please, tell me about all the journeys that you did ! I am sure that you must have do many for your duties !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Wolsey looks at her with a warm expression.
' I can't wait to come to your school, dear Emilie, perhaps I get some new ideas for my own schools while I visit yours!'

He raises an eyebrow and chuckles. 'You want to create an elite, well, I remember you saying just recently that you're not an ambitious woman... but I like that, so let us create this elite, you with your girls school and me with my boys schools!'

When she asks him about his yourneys, he smiles widely.
' Well, at first I have a confession to make. I get seasick every time I cross the sea!' He rolls his eyes. 'But when I first travelled to the continent I was a young man and eager to please the former King, Henry VII. He needed someone to go for him to the former Emperor Maximilian and negotiate a wedding between him and the daughter of Maximilian, Margaret of Austria. His son Henry was already engaged to Catherine and he wanted to strengten the ties with Spain, you know. I travelled by barge from London to Gravesend with a prosperous tide and wind and I arrived at Gravesend within three hours. I tarried no longer then my post horses were provided and arrived in Dover early the next morning. Within three hours we sailed to Calais and I travelled from there to the Emperor in Flanders by post horses, arriving late in the evening.' He laughs at the memory.

' Late in the evening, I had a meeting with the Emperor Maximilian and returned afterwards immediately to England, arriving there within seventytwo hours after I left the same England. I went to bed and the next morning the King called for me to repremand me for tardiness, not knowing that I already made the yourney and I was very pleased to hand him the Emperor's letters of credence.'

He smiles mischievously and leans forward.
' But instead of showing me any compliments he asked me on high note if I had or had not encounter his pursuivant he had sent to me, supposing me not to be scantly out of London, with more delicate matters to discuss with the Emperor!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 pm

[b]Emilie giggle and smile with a enthousiastic air.
Yes, let's create a elite in this kingdom, you with your boys and me with my girls ! And I would happily take advantage of your visit in my school for exchange ideas, principles and methods of education.
She laugh as he confess his seasickness.
Well I guess that it must be really unpleasant ! many people do have seasickness, fortunately for me, I never had seasickness while the all the four travels I did between England and France and while the one I did to Portugal.
She listen to him with attention, smiling.
It must has been a very stressing travel indeed ! and very important too !
She look at him with a amazed air in hearing how fastly he did his journey and giggle as he tell her about the king's reaction.
Well, indeed his majesty hadn't made you the warmer of welcomes at your return in spite of your fasteness in your mission, I guess that he was stressed about this matter.
She smile to him, recalling of the signature of the treaty of peace between England and France and ask him.
I recall of the treaty of peace between France and England, do you often have to negociate with my birth country ?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Wolsey takes a sip from his wine.
' Ohh.... not to be seasick, I envy you for that since I have to lie down when I am at sea and pray all the time to let it be over and step on the ground again!'

He leans forward and speaks in a conspiratorial tone.
' It was indeed a stressing and important yourney... you see, after the King told me that he had sent me this messenger with additional instructions - thinking I could not have received them in time - I answered him that I had took the liberty to discuss all these things for him and that all his wishes - including the adittional - were to be granted by the Emperor!'

He laughs at the memory. ' Of course I apologized to him for being so bold on his behalf, but he was very pleased and I got my reward after all!'

For a moment he looks at Joan and Olympe, who are still playing with the dolls. When she asks him about his travels to France, he smiles.
' France! I really love your native country, dear Emilie! Yes, I travelled often to France and I was always welcomed as a prince. And the treaty, well... I made a lot of fuss when I told them that I was convinced of the fact that the Emperor would stop the conclusion of the treaty! For several days there was a lot of distress untill finally the Queen Dowager was able to calm me down and we continued our negotiations!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 pm

[b]She giggle in imaginging Thomas on a boat while feeling pity for him about it and glance to her daughter lovingly.
Yes, I can guess that he was very satisfied of your work and that you must has been rewarded as you deserved !
She smile as he talk of France, feeling happy in hearing him evocate her native country.
I am glad to hear it, I am always happy to talk about France, because I often miss my native country. I can guess the emperor must have done all what he was able to do for make mess this treaty, fortunately he have failed in the end since the treaty has been signed.
She ear Joan reading a book to Olympe and smile.
I hope that my daughter will be a good pupil later, I want her for have the better future possible.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Wolsey looks amused at her.
' Are you laughing about my darkest moments at sea, Emilie?' but he laughs himself, too.
' Well, one must have it for free, though I can tell you that time passes slowly when you try to remain calm while at the same time you think you will die on that boat or at least fall out off it...'

When she talks about France, he hears the love for her country in her voice and she looks melancholic.
He leans forward and strokes her arm.
'I understand your feelings, I really do! France is a beautiful country and also...'he frowns as he can't find the right words. '... well, let's say it's an exciting place to be. The treaty was definately signed after all and it was a feast for the eye. And everywhere I came while travelling through the country, I was always hospitable retrieved.'

He takes another sip and asks careful ' Have you ever considered to go back to France - I mean, actually to live there again?'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:22 pm

[b]Emilie's face take a serious air as he talk about how he feel when he is on a boat, feeling compassionate for him.
I am sorry for you that you feel that bad when you travel by boat, I wish that there could be remedy for it.
Emilie smile softly as he caress her arm, touched by the affection that he show to her.
Indeed, french court is an exciting place and there is a tradition of welcome so I am not surprised that you are always hospitable retrieved there. I guess that each person who live far from his or her native country for a long time feel nostalgie and see it more beautiful .
Emilie reflect intensely as he ask her if she have ever consider to go to live in France, feeling intense emotion at his question, a veil of melancolia on her eyes.
Yes, I did, many times, at first after my father's death, when I have to his funerals, I thinked seriously to stay in France, but while my journey there, my lover ...
She then stop recalling sadly that George have leave her recently and isn't her lover anymore.
This man about whom I talked you, have ask me in marriage and we have plan to do it secretly in England and since then, I have think only to my future life there with him, forgetting all the rest, if I has been able to guess that he would break the marriage and leave me two weeks laters ... I would had stay in France, but of course I couldn't guess it.
She take a deep breath in recalling of the horrible dark period that have follow their rupture.
And after our rupture, as I had yet tell you, I wished that my family would ask me to return in France or even come in England for take me in France, but of course they hadn't do so as I yet told you and I was so sad and had such a feeling of abandon that I...
A sob break her voice as tears fill her eyes irresistiblement, she sniff and take a deep breath for try to keep control on her emotion, feeling the pain of this old sorrow hurt again, she continue with a trembling.
I have renounce to my family and to my country, felt as become a foreign to both of them, I don't felt really belonging to England, since I was so sad in this country at the moment but I don't anymore either felt belonging to my native country nor to my family.
She sigh in recalling of another dark period as a few salted tears fall silently along her face, enter her mouth.
When I has been dismissed of my place of lady in waiting by the queen after having admit that I was pregnant, I have think to return in France, because I hadn't anymore home, I was hosted by my best friend, the princess Margaret but I don't felt at my place there, in more I was pregnant and it have give me the need to see again my family, I don't wanted to live it alone, but I was too feared of their reaction, since they don't cared of me, I was feared that they would definitvely reject me in learing that I was pregnant outside marriage and without fianced, so I have decide to stay on my own.
She breath deeply rub her eyes for try to wipe her tears.
[And once I have acquire Eastnor castle, I think that I have decide that I would live there all my life and so woudn't return in France ... but who know what can happen in the future.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 am

Wolsey smiles regretful.
' I can think of only one remedy: no travels at sea anymore, since I' m not able to walk on the sea!' He chuckles, then becomes serious again. ' Anyway, I hope I don't have to travel anymore and drag my old flamed body from country to country...'

He listens with attention at her and shakes his head, feeling angry with himself that he raked up this awfull memories by his question.
' Emilie, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bring you this pain again... sshhh I know, I know' he stands up and squeezes softly her shoulder and hands her a handkerchief.

He glances at Joan who understands and takes Olympe out of the room, suggesting that they go for a walk in the gardens together. He smiles grateful at her, then turns back to Emilie, whispering to her.
' Please, Emilie, just let it out, I wonder if you ever had the chance to cry and process your feelings. I am here for you, now!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 am

[b]Emilie try to keep control of her emotion, she take the handkerchief that he handlle her and wiper her eyes, she shake her head.
It isn't your fault ... it's make me some good to talk about it.
Emilie is relieved to see Joan take Olympe outside the room, feeling shameful to have talk about it and cry in her daughter's presence, then she turn again to Thomas and as he suggest her to let it out, she burst in sobs and let the tears flow along her face freely, putting her hands on her eyes and remain silent a moment, just crying, the pain appeasing slowly, until the tears dry up by themself.
She her hands off her eyes, wipe her eyes with the handerkchief and breath deeply, feeling as if a weight of sorrow has been taken off her shoulders, she look at Thomas with her eyes redden and still humid, then tell him softly.
I feel better now, I had never been able to let all this out, it was as a sound and deep pain that was stuck in me, wearing me down and I felt as if if I did stop to fight for refrain this pain, then I would collapse and not be able to stand up again. And when I was pregnant, after has been dismissed of my fonction of lady in waiting, with only my best friend for care of me, the emergency was to survive and get out of this awful situatiion, if I had let myself collapse, what would had happen to me and my child ?
She sigh and continue.
And once installed at Eastnor, after my daughter's birth, I was alone with her, I had to care of her, she did bring me back happiness, I hadn't time for think to what happened before and I don't wanted to since she did bring me so much happiness, it was a new life, I wanted to forget everything.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:11 am

Wolsey still squeezes her shoulder but when she starts to cry, he goes on his knees for her and let her cry against his shoulder. He doesn't speak, just holds her and let her come to terms with herself.
When she moves her head and looks him in the eyes, he smiles comforting.

'Our Lord gives us burdens to standing, but sometimes it is hard to carry them, especially when you're on your own and even have to care for someone else... though I understand that little Olympe also was your comfort and joy.'

He shrugs and bows his head.
'What can I say? I hope you feel a little better now and if ever you want to talk about it or just need some rest, please, join us here and feel at home...' he looks in her teary eyes.
' ... and don't forget dear Emilie that these experiences have formed you to who you are now, a sensitive and compassionate woman who has a lot to offer to the world!'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next