The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:30 pm

He leans forward and puts a hand on her arm.
' Emilie! It's almost Christmas, please tell me you'll be here and come to my Christmas Party! It will be spectacular, I promise you. Can't you go afterwards?'

He shrugs and smiles indulgent.
' Well, Campeggio is an old friend of mine and whether he wants or not, he's going to cooperate, so no worries, I will succeed, Emilie, the only question is: how long will it take?' he chuckles.

' Hmm it's obvious though that I've found myself a competitor: who is the most hated?' he smiles but also frowns.

He laughs with her and spreads his fingers. ' Oohh, if I only knew.... but no, I would never sell it, I'd give it to someone who needs it to use it well!' he speaks in earnest, looking thoughtfully in his glass. He takes a sip and turns to her.
' Yes, of course I know she has five fingers, what a ridiculous things people can say! When they don't understand you, you're evil or insane. And for people with a real deformity one should always show compassion indeed, not laughter or even berating!

He smiles at her when she confirms that the King is to be served and respect.
' Well, any woman who is willingly to do these things for the King has my respect and support! I'm glad we talked about this in the open, Emilie, you make me feel relieved! And if I were you I wouldn't be so confident that people don't gossip, my lady, for I'm planning to dance with you on the Christmas party!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Emilie smile happily at his asking, her eyes brighting with joy, feeling happy and excited as a little girl at the idea to celebrate chrithmas at court.
Yes of course ! I am overjoyed at the idea to celebrate chrithmas at court and with you ! I am sure that it will be a wonderful fete. I can well wait until then, I will go at Eastnor afterward !
She giggle.
Allright, then I will wait and see until you succed !
She smile slighty at his answer about having a competitor as most heated person at court, then her face take a serious air and she nodd.
For sure, when people don't understand you or hate you, you are forcedly evil or insane, and people who don't show compassion to the ones who have real difformity don't deserve God's protection and love !!
She burst in laughs at his words.
For sure people will gossips about me after having see me dance with you at Christmas party ! I have better to get prepared of it !
She laugh again.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 am

He smiles delighted when she tells him she will stay for the Christmas festivities.
' You will be the icing on the cake, Emilie, I'm so happy you'll be here!' He leans forward, his eyes glisten.
' Soon the Christmas trees will arrive, the whole castle will be richly decorated and the chef cook has promised me to prepare the most exquisite dishes! I want this year to be the best Christmas ever!' He smiles but can't hide his frown, it is important for him to have the King's full support and he will do everything to keep this support.
' Of course the King is the actual host, you should not forget to bring him a present, Emilie! '

He smiles indulgent when she tells him that people who don't show compassion don't deserve God's protection and love and sigh.
' Emilie, people who don't show compassion are often hurt themselves... we should show them compassion too and pray for them that they may find peace in their hearts. Every living soul deserves God's protection and love... they only have to ask for it! ' He nodd at her and adds ' Yes, I pray for each and everyone, even for my enemies, and also for the Reformists, I don't think they are evil, I only think they have strayed from the true faith!'

He laughs along with her and points to her.
' You'd better prepare yourself, so you will not be shocked to find out how soon your good reputation could be destroyed by just one dance! ' He shakes his head and becomes serious again.
' Don't be afraid, dear Emilie, I would never embarrass you, I will keep on distance, though I'd loved to dance with you!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Emilie giggle when he tell her that she will be the icing on the cake, feeling happy of the affection that he show to her, her eyes get brighter and smile as he describe her how christhmas will be.
I am sure that it will be wonderful ! can I take Olympe with me at the celebration ? I want her for see it ! I am sure that she would love it !
Her face take a serious air and she nodd.
Of course, I will take a gift for him with me, maybe a necklace ...
She listen to him attentively, realizing that he is right and that it's the wiser think to do is to pray for your ennemies and she nodd.
You are right, the ones who don't show compassion and are nasty to other ones are often unhappy persons and they should be helped to find the light and the love of God and so I should pray for them as for them as for each and everyone. Indeed if they accept to recieve God's protection and love, to look for His light, they will have it !
Her face take a sybillic face as he talk about Reformists, she is relieved to learn that he don't consider them as evils, but herself think that they are precisely the only ones to have find the true faith, but she prefer to don't answer about this delicate topic.
She laugh as he tell her that her good reputation could be destroyed in just a dance with him, then she become serious again at the same time as him, then answer him softly.
It's wouldn't embarrass me, in fact I would has been very happy to dance with you ... if it wasn't before all the court. I am really proud and happy to being your friend, but I am a shy person by nature, I don't like the idea to being observed by many people, nor to hear gossips about me, I prefer to remain discreet where there is court celebrations.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am

Wolsey's eyes glisten while she answers him enthusiastic.
' Yes, it will be great since it's one of the most important Christian celebrations for Our Lord! And of course you should bring Olympe with you, it's a party for everyone, young and old!' he sigh and looks regretful, thinking of Joan who can't join, of course.
' ... and I'd like to invite you and Olympe to join Joan and me on Christmas day to have a private dinner together, here in our own quarters... at least, if you want to and have no other plans, of course!'

He thinks about her idea to bring a necklace for the King and nodd.
' I think it's a wonderful idea to bring him a necklace, he loves jewelry... perhaps I can give him one of my personal rings, in the hope it's the magic one!'

His face lighten when she agrees with him to always show compassion and pray for everyone.
' I'm glad you agree with me... though it's not the easy way to show compassion, it's much easier to hate your enemies, too or anyone who treats you nasty, but I believe it's one of the most essential parts of our belief: "have love one another" like Our Lord Jesus told us himself!'

His glass is empty and he puts it on the table, nodding at a servant to refill it.
' It's one of the things I like about you, Emilie, you are a modest woman... and you're probably right, the best way to maintain yourself at court is acting unobtusive...'
Suddenly he starts to laugh again.
' Well, we'll dance here, together with Joan and Olympe, maybe you like that? '
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 am

Emilie feel happy as he tell her that she can take Olympe with her at the celebration.
Great ! I am sure that she will adore it ! and it will be a occasion for her to talk with person we know and to encounter new ones maybe !
Her face lighten up as he invite her to a private dinner with Joan, him and Olympe.
It's a wonderful idea, I will come with pleasure, it will surely be a sweet moment, I love private dinners where you can talk with each present person in all simplicity and modesty.
She giggle.
If you give him a magic ring he will surely be grateful to you !
She nodd, the air serious.
You are so true ! it's much easier to hate your ennemies too or anyone who are nasty to you or had offend but love and compassion are more powerful feelings and what you can gain with it worth it.
Emilie ask to the servent to reserve her with orange juice and take a few sips of it with delight, savouring it's sweet taste.
I don't know if it's the better way for maintain myself at court, but it's my natural attitude, I am discreet by nature, and since I am respected at court and have many friends there of different origines, opinion and sides, I think that this attitude that is mine is appreciated.
She smile happily at his suggestion, her eyes brighting with joy.
Yes ! it's a very good idea ! so even if we dance badly, nobody will be here for see it and laugh at us !
She chuckle and take a sip of her goblet.
I prefer to warn you that I am not a good dancer ! though I had many lessons of dance while my childhood and also a few at english court, but I hadn't this talent !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 am

' Yes, of course, Christmas is the time to bond and to enjoy... has Olympe ever seen the King yet or even spoke to him before? He will certainly be kind to her, he loves children.'
He touches her arm warmly when she accepts his proposal.
' Only the four of us, so we have time indeed to talk quietly, we will look forward to it and make it a happy moment!

Rubbing his eyebrows he thinks about the present he will give to the king.
' Well, I'm not sure yet, I want to give him something as a token of my loyalty to him... I'll think about it.'

He laughs a little at her words.
' Love and compassion... you need to show them, but powerful? I don't think I gained my present power by these skills... I've experienced that you need to be ruthless and haughty or you will be blown away by your rivals!'
He looks at her, shrugging.
' I imagine you can't understand, Emilie, you're far too decent to play games... though your kind and discreet attitude brought you indeed your present reputation and friends!'

With surprise he learns she is not a good dancer.
' Well, I can't imagine you missing this talent. We'll see about this, or I will teach you personally!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Emilie's face take a dreamy air as she imagine her daughter encounter the king.
She have yet see him around but from far ... but since I will take her with me, I will give her a little gift to give to the king, so she will have the great honour to see him closely, talk to him and show him that she can behave as a true little lady !
She smile to him softly.
I look forward for it too.
She listen to him as he reflect about his gift to the king, herself had just get a precise idea of what she want to offer him, a expensive and beautiful gold goblet, but she decide to keep it secret until chrithmas, even for her dear cardinal, she giggle after his words and answer him.
I meant in principles, of course I know that in reality it isn't like that and that you have to fight for protect and defend your position because if you lost it, everyone at court abandon you.
She take a sip of her goblet.
I saw it many times at English court and at french court, people who had everything and an excellent position and who then suddenly lost everything even their friends and supports ... one day everything, next day, nothing. Anyone who have long expreience of the the life at court know it .
She reflect and add.
But life at court is very different if you are a diplomate, a princess, a lady-in-waiting, a simple servent ... the level of power and fortune but also of dangers is different and more you are at high level at court, more you are jealoused and so, in danger. So when you are a lady without real position at court like me, you don't le spark off jealousy in people, not as much as you or the lady Anne, so I don't need to fight as her and you need to.
She look at the orange juice in her goblet, then rise her eyes for look again at Wolsey.
It's why I can be safe and respected without fighting, just in being discreet, modest and to remain polite even to thoses I don't like for spreak off respect rather than jealousy, of course I don't please to everyone, nobody can please to everyone ... but I prefer my modest position to a higher one because there is too many risks.
She laugh at his words.
You will see it ! it's why I rarely dance at court celebrations !
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 am

'Ahhh... she will please him, like the princess Mary... he adores her, she is also a lovely girl! And she'll probably never forget this honour!'

He is thoughtful for a while, reflecting about her words about life at court and the risks.
'Yes... life at court is certainly different for everyone... it's why my own household is that large, many people stay at court without real position and find a protector. Many think I'm ruthless and harsh and probably... I am' he smiles and shrugs.
'... but every person who comes to me for help, I do my best to find him or her a decent position. Only people who just enter and shout at me, blame me without asking me an explanation first and call me names... I'm sorry, I have no patience with them. You know, I like good manners and respect, and people who don't show me any of these... well I sort of throw them out.'

He smiles at her, apologetic and holds his hands up.
'After all, I'm only human... though I'm aware of the fact that it delivers me even more enemies. And you're right, it is a kind of fight to defend your position and I know my whole position depends on the benevolence of the King. As long as I serve him as I always have done, I maintain my position. I can't imagine losing it all...' he shakes his head, frowning.

'... and if I ever should lose it, well, I'd rather not think about that. Serving him is my life, Emilie, I have no other ambitions. If I can't serve him anymore, I think I will die!'

He is silent for a while, rubbing his chin but suddenly he smiles mischievously at her.
'I think... we will dance, Emilie, right here and now! I'll ask the servant to get a musician so you can practice! How about that?'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Emilie smile as he talk about the princess little Mary, she find her cute, rather clever and good mannered, and when she arrived at court, Mary was very little, she did find her kind and charming and they has been friends and did spend time together.
While her journey here, she have cross her a few times around court, she hadn't seen her since a long time, but she have seem changed to her, she seem to have become regilious zealot like her mother and it don't please her very much.
Emilie smile to him and answer simply.
She is a cute girl indeed and she is his majesty's only legitime child, so she must be important for him.
She nodd, a understand look on her face.
I understand you, your excellence, these ill-mannered people don't deserve your help, you don't have to lost your time with them, because people without manners nor respect shouldn't even be at court. And I admire you for care of the people who need help and ask for yours respectuously.
She take a sip of her goblet, recalling of the few girls with whom she had this kind of matters at Eastnor school.
You know, myself at Eastnor, I try to help as much as possible the girls who need it, but if a girl act irrespectuously to me or to another lady of the school, I give her a punishment, tell her that if she can't behave, she have better to return her home and order to go out of my view. It has been efficient with all of the few girls with whom it happened, they hadn't dare to do it again .
She frown, getting worried in imagining what would happen to him if he lost the king's benevolance.
I know, serve his majesty is all your life, you just can't lost your position and his benevolance and I wish that it will never happen.
She giggle after his words.
Here and now ? are you sure that it's a good idea ?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 pm

'She is very important indeed! ... though I fear for her position if the King will get his annullment, remarry and has new children if it pleases God... perhaps, better said: hopely, a son!' But she is a sweet and devout girl indeed!'
He smiles though frowns at the same time.

'Well... I'm not sure if they don't deserve my help, but they don't seem to want it! I try to be patient and listen to them, but one way or the other I lose my patience when I find out they love to hate me and go against me, if they think in advance I'll be harsh on them and treat me alike, well, let's have it their way, than!'

He sigh and nodd at her words about her own experiences with her students.
'You are right to require absolute respect! It would be a complete disorder if you didn't! It's a good thing to punish them first and give them a chance to behave better and if they won't you're right to send them home. I'm glad to learn this method works for you, Emilie!'

He sigh again after her words she hopes for him he'll never lose the benevolance of the King.
'You know, Emilie, I was with him when his father died... I held him in my arms to comfort him and that very moment I made myself the promise to serve him as well as possible! I'll never break this promise, whatever happens!'

Suddenly he feels tired. He smiles faintly at her.
'Of course I'm sure, though...' he looks around the room, frowning.'... perhaps we should wait for Joan and Olympe, who are still outside, aren't they away too long?'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am

Emilie reflect to his words for a while, feeling in them that he love the princess very much, what put him in a rather weird situation since he have to obtain the king's marriage annulement, she reflect, them answer him.
Indeed Mary's situation will change if the king get his annulement ... and he will get it earlier or later. But if her mother obey to the king's decision and retreat in a household, both of them should keep a comfortable and respectable position, maybe they could live in the same household, choiced by the Catherine.
She frown for a while and add.
Aside if ... Catherine privilegie her proudness over their interests and refuse to obey to the king's decision ... then she will be the only responsable for the consequences of her choices and acts and she will have to assume them. Anyway, I hope that the things will go well for them.
She nodd to his words about theses people don't wanting his help, then she smile when he talk about the efficacity of her methods.
Fortunately, until now, I never yet had to send home any girl, the punishment and the menace has been enough, it isn't even a menace in fact, even if I could have to do it, it just that I really consider that a girl who hadn't any respect for her headmistress and teachers, nor envy to work nor volonty to improve herself, have better to return her home because she isn't desirable in my school.
Emilie take a sip of her juice and smile.
I don't doubt of your devotion in your work for the king, I can feel that it's really all your life.
She notice that he seem tired and not very well, then she get a bit worried for her daughter after his words because she realize that it's a long time her daughter is left with Joan, fearing that she could have get cold, she frown and nodd.
Yes, they are indded, it's cold and my daughter is a very little girl, she can't stay outdoor a too long time, so I hope that they will be back soon.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Emilie De Fontanay wrote:
Emilie reflect to his words for a while, feeling in them that he love the princess very much, what put him in a rather weird situation since he have to obtain the king's marriage annulement, she reflect, them answer him.
Indeed Mary's situation will change if the king get his annulement ... and he will get it earlier or later. But if her mother obey to the king's decision and retreat in a household, both of them should keep a comfortable and respectable position, maybe they could live in the same household, choiced by the Catherine.
She frown for a while and add.
Aside if ... Catherine privilegie her proudness over their interests and refuse to obey to the king's decision ... then she will be the only responsable for the consequences of her choices and acts and she will have to assume them. Anyway, I hope that the things will go well for them.
She nodd to his words about theses people don't wanting his help, then she smile when he talk about the efficacity of her methods.
Fortunately, until now, I never yet had to send home any girl, the punishment and the menace has been enough, it isn't even a menace in fact, even if I could have to do it, it just that I really consider that a girl who hadn't any respect for her headmistress and teachers, nor envy to work nor volonty to improve herself, have better to return her home because she isn't desirable in my school.
Emilie take a sip of her juice and smile.
I don't doubt of your devotion in your work for the king, I can feel that it's really all your life.
She notice that he seem tired and not very well, then she get a bit worried for her daughter after his words because she realize that it's a long time her daughter is left with Joan, fearing that she could have get cold, she frown and nodd.
Yes, they are indded, it's cold and my daughter is a very little girl, she can't stay outdoor a too long time, so I hope that they will be back soon.

She enters in the room holding the girl's hand "how are you both?" smiles warmly. the little girl is eating an apple "she was hungry" joan says
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Wolsey nodd and agrees.
'Yes, it would be for the best if the Queen obeys to the King's wishes and enter a nunnery... though I think she will refuse, I know her stubbornness and her feelings for him. I do feel sorry for Princess Mary though, she is only a child and her mother determines her fate too by her decision.'

He sigh and frowns.
'Perhaps Campeggio can persuade her on behalf of the Pope... I tried to but she will not listen at me! Well, I just try again!'

He feels very uncomfortable when he events that he and Emilie have chatted for quite a while and he is concerned about Joan and little Olympe. He gestures at a servant to give him orders to look for them, while all of a sudden the door opens and there they are!
'My love, we were getting worried about the two of you!' He stands up and walks over to Joan, kissing her cheek.
'Have you been in the gardens whole the time? Or did you go to our own kitchen, I see you have provided for Olympe. Please, sit with us, we were just talking about the Christmas celebration and I have asked Emilie and Olympe to come and dine with us, I hope you like it too, I have not asked you first, I just.... asked them, hoping you will enjoy it, too.'
He takes her hand and let her sit next to him. He smiles warmly at her, then turns to Olympe.
'Did you have a good time, Olympe?'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Emilie understanding the delicate situation nodd and tell him.
Yes, I think that it will be hard to convince her though, indeed, she should think that her decisions have also consequences on her daughter's fate and that Mary"s future should me more important than her proudness and position as queen. I hope, also for herself and her daughter that she will end by accept anyway.
Emilie's face lighten up and a radiant smile appear on her lips as the door open and she see Joan come back with her beloved daughter, she get up and come closer to them.
Ah you are back !, Joan, I was getting worried for the two of you .
She take her daughter in her arms, reassured to see her going as well as when she left the room, she return to the couch, sat on it and cuddle Olympe in listening to Thomas talking to Joan, wondering if she will be pleased that he have invite them without asking her first.
Back to top Go down
Olympe de Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Olympe de Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:14 am

Olympe,her cheeks pinked by both the coldness of the air of outdoor and the warmess of the fire, snuggling against her mother, turn to Wolsey and look at him with bright eyes as he talk to her
Yes, I had a good walk with Joan and she told me a story ! with a princess in it !
Then she bite in her apple, feeling happy and comfortable in her mother's arms, in her friends Thomas and Joan's compagny.

Last edited by Olympe de fontanay on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:44 am

Olympe de fontanay wrote:
Olympe,her cheeks pinked by both the coldness of the air of outdoor and the warmess of the fire, snuggling against her mother, turn to Wolsey and look at him with bright eyes as he talk to her
Yes, I had a good walk with Joan and she told me a story ! with a princess in it !

Goes and sits down next to her beloved...Oh yes, ofcourse I'd like they spend Christmas with us, we all have to be together in Christmas time, and no, we weren't outside all time, we also go to our kitchen because the little Olympe was hungry my dear, plk
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

Emilie smile in hearing Joan's answerpe.
Thank you, mylady, I am happy to can spend christmas with both of you and my daughter.
Then she turn to Thomas and smile to him.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Wolsey smiles widely while looking at the three ladies around him.
'I'm glad you had such a good time together, meanwhile Emilie and I just talked about the latest developments here at court.'
He gestures to a servant to bring fresh drinks for Joan and Olympe and leans backwards, still holding Joan's hand.
'Well, we'll have an intimite and informal meeting here... do you want to cook yourself, my love? Or we just order our servants to make a dinner for us, so you can relax yourself and just enjoy our guests.'

He turns to Emilie, smiling proudly.
'Joan is a great cook, she spoils me with delicious dishes, as you can see probably...' he chuckles and rubs his stomach.
'Do you prepare food yourself at times, Emilie? At Eastnor, I mean?' he asks curious.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Her arms around her daughter's waist whom she hold on her laps, she smile in listening to Thomas, amazed that Joan can cook by herself delicious dishes and laugh at his remark.
No , you are slim, Thomas !
She turn to Joan.
Really you are a good cooker ?
Then she turn again to Thomas and shake her head.
No, in fact I have even never cook anything by myself, in fact I hadn't learn to !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 am

*smiles at them and puts her hands in Wolsey's shoulder rubbing them "well I think I am not too good cooker as my love says " giggles "but I love cooking for him and for the people I love, like you and your wonderful daughter , and is for that reason that I'll coock for you three in Christmas " kisses Thomas' head
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 pm

'Ahhh... that's wonderful, my dear, perhaps I can help you so we can give our servants some free time to be with their families as well!' He looks lovingly at her and winks at her.
'And not so modest, you're an excellent cook, though I hope you will not get tired and can't enjoy just being together, I want you to have a good time as you deserve, my love.' he takes her hand which is still on his shoulder and kisses it softly.

He turns to Emilie and Olympe.
'Perhaps we all can help her, if you want to cover the table, for example? And afterwards, we'll dance!'
He smiles mischievously.
'Joan! Just a few seconds before you came back, Emilie confessed that she can't dance very well and I offered her to learn it myself! I learned you to dance, too, maybe we can teach Emilie and Olympe together.'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Emilie smile happily, admirative of Joan for cook herself a christmas dinner and touched that she do it for her and her daughter.
Thank you very much, mylady.
Olympe, trying to understand all what her mother and her friends are telling, look at them curiously, finish to eat her apple, put it's core on the closest table that she can reach and smile.
Emilie feel touched by the love and tenderness that she can feel between Thomas and his Joan, then she nodd to his proposition, happy to can help to the preparation of this private dinner.
Yes, of course, I will help to cover and decorate the table, serve the drinks.
She turn to her Olympe, caress her rose cheek, smiling, wondering how her daughter could help to the prepartion.
And you ? you will help me a bit, to the decorate the table ?
Olympe nodd in smiling and answer in a enthousiast tone.
Yes ! I will help you !, maman.
She giggle, endeared and rub her daughter little nose's end with her finger, then turn again to Thomas and Joan and tell them in smiling.
And Olympe will do uh ... what she will be able to do for help to decorate the table !
Emilie blush as Thomas propose to Joan to learn to her and her daughter to dance with Joan's help, a bit intimidated at the idea to dance while she is not good it and at the same time amused at the idea to see little Olympe learn to dance, she giggle and turn to Joan, waiting for her answer.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:25 am

Wolsey notices the perplexed expression on Joan's face and let her sit down again. He squeezes her hand sofly.
'My love, I know you never want help when we invite personal guests...'he speaks, caressing her cheek.
'... but it's Christmas, I want you to have a good time and not do all the work yourself, though I admit I don't think I could be of any use in our kitchen. Well, I can assist you, can't I, you just give me orders, darling!'
He smiles at her and turns to Olympe.
'Sweet child, if I can help, you most certainly can! You and your mother will cover the table and make it beautiful. '

He looks at Emilie and smiles reassuring, aware that she feels uncomfortable.
'Well, there are different dances we could do, do you want to dance the Pavane or the Gailliard, Emilie, or shall we dance the... Volt? 'His eyes glisten and he looks at Joan with a look of understanding, then looks at little Olympe and frowns.
'... hmmm perhaps the Volt is not quite suitable to teach Olympe yet.'
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 3:29 pm

she smiles and sits down next to her love Thomas... 'well my darling if you all want you can help me , it would be funny cook with friends and the love of my life' squeezs Thomas hand as she kisses it and puts it in her heart 'We can make christmas bread, turkey, and fruit mermelade...you all can help me
Then she looks at the little Olympe 'you too dolly... and we'll be happy to teach you and your mommy how to dance, e love dance 'looks at Thomas and blushes smiling resting her head in his shoulder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next