The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Emilie listen to Thomas and Joan, nodd.
Then, we will help you with pleasure.
Olympe smile happily as Thomas and Joan adress her, feeling proud that they count on her for help them as for a big girl and answer them.
Yes I am going to dance !
Emilie giggle and answer them.
It's a very good idea to learn to her to dance a bit, and about me, I lack of practice but I am better to dance the Gailliard than to the Pavane and I think that it should more simple and fun for Olympe and the volt indeed isn't a good idea for her.
Thinking to her family with whom she hadn't spend christmas since many years, she feel a bit melancolical and nostalgic in recalling of the christmas of her childhood at Fontanay family's castle and she add.
I have to thank you again for invite us to spend christmas together with you ! it's very kind to you.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:46 am

'Well, we'll dance the Pavane!'
He wants to get up, but suddenly he notices the melancholic expression on Emilie's face.
He leans forward and squeezes softly her arm, looking at her with understanding.
'You don't have to thank us, Emilie, we are very pleased to receive you and Olympe....' he leans back and glances at Joan, taking her hand in both his hands.
'When you can't be with your own family at Christmas time.... one should be with people who feel like family.'

He sigh and smiles again, shrugging.
'Our son is studying in Italy right now and can't come home and our daughter... well, she lives in a nunnery and can't leave, of course.' He pulls Joan against him and looks at her with compassion and love.

Looking from one to another, he smiles warmly.
'We'll have a good time together, let us just celebrate the birth of Our Lord and enjoy eachothers company!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Emilie smile at his words even if feeling melancolical, then as he smile her arm with a understand look and tell her these kind words, she feel happiness rising in her, bow and smile.
Yes, indeed, when you can't spend christmas time with your family, it's better to spend it with people who are like family and you are a family for me and Olympe.
Emilie look at Olympe with a loving air while the little girl observe them attentively, she giggle.
Yes, I am sure that we will have a very nice christmas celebration together !
She glance to the snowy garden, amazed by this landscape's beauty while feeling reassured and comfortable to being in the indoor's warmess, near to the chimney, she think to her childhood's christmas with a dreamy air, kiss her daughter's head and look again at Thomas, recalling of his proposition to dance for practice before chrithmas's celebration and for learn to Olympe, she smile with a amused air.
Do you want us practice dance now ?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Wolsey smiles at her words and opens his arms, glancing at Joan.
'Well, to us you are family as well, Emilie, you and Olympe!' He looks at Joan who nods approvingly.
When she asks if they will dance after all, he laughs loudly and claps his hands.
'All ladies, please stand up! We will stand on a row, like this.' He makes sure every one of them stand in the right place and he explains. 'The pavane has it's origins in Italy and is a stately dance, sometimes continued by the gaillard. We dance in pairs... but for now, we stand on a row to see how we move. We will practice without music for the moment, ahhh I think though we have a slight problem... Joan, my love, will you please lift your skirts a little bit so Emilie and Olympe can watch how your feet move?'
He looks at her with fun eyes, takes her hand and kisses it, then holds it loosely.

'We hold each others hand, like this, only the fingertips touch eachother.... and we turn our feet a little outward, the heels against each other though, look, the way Joan stands. Ehh, well I can't control your feet Emilie, I hope you stand well... and I think Olympe most defenitely stands well!' he winks at her.

'Allright, when I say go we step forward with our left foot first and then we put our right foot next to it. We count like one, two! Let's give it a try, shall we... and, go: one - left foot forward, two - right foot next! No no, please: little steps, ladies, we don't have to catch a coach!' he burst out in laughter.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Emilie smile to him and get up with Olympe.
Allright, let's began !
She began to dance in following Thomas and Joan's steps, with grace, a bit out of rythm at first and mistaking in steps, trying to follow it carefully and little by little her rythm and steps improve, she laugh in hearing Thomas's words.
I do my best !, I feel it's getting better
The little Olympe look at them curiously and do a few steps attentively, trying to imitate them of her best, clumsy in her little legs, then, getting a bit excited, she run on the side and began to dance her own dance, that consist in just jumping everywhere joyfully in agitating her arms, a big smile on her lips.
Emilie laugh in seeing her daughter having so much fun, totally out of the dance's rules, while keeping on doing the dance's steps with natural and more confidence, she tell with a amused tone.
I don't know which dance Olympe is dancing, but she love to dance obviously !
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 pm

*smiles and dances with them enjoying Wolsey's dance class...looks at the two girls enjoying it too* my beloved is a wondeerful dancer *she remembers their first dance, when she was a young and innocent girl, she fail inloved immediately with her homas and could never forget him*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Wolsey tries to remain concentrated and teach them to dance, but when he notices Olympe dancing with joy he laughs and lifts his arms as well.
'I think Olympe understands the most crucial part of dancing... having fun!'

He follows Olympes steps and copies her movements, then takes Emilies hands in his and make her turn around gracefully and finally approaches Joan, taking her into his arms and dances with her through the room.
He feels happy and playful and forgets his concerns for a moment, looking at Joan who is as lovely and beautiful as they first met. ' Remember, my love...' he whispers in her ear.

At last he falls into a chair and wipes his forehead, exhausted but satisfied.
'Ahh... you beautiful ladies make an old man tired! '
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Emilie laugh with Thomas in looking at Olympe dancing joyfully.
Indeed she do !
She giggle as Thomas copy's Olympe's instinctive and energic dance movements and as he talk her hand in his, she join his dance, then she take Olympe's hands in hers and dance with her happily in energic round, glance to Joan and Thomas dancing together, moved by their obvious intact complicity and love.
She turn to Thomas as she hear his voice, smile to him, seeing him obviously exhausted and continue to dance with Olympe a little moment, then as the little girl stop to dance, she go to sat with her on the couch.
It was very fun, you had a good idea to dance.

Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 am

they learn quickly, they dance so wonderfully *she smiles and dances with her thomas* ofcourse I remember my darling, I was such a innocent and silly girl *giggles and kisses his nose softly* as he sits down she says * and I love this olddy man Wink do you need soemthing my love? *knees next to him*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 am

He looks with loving eyes at Joan, who kneels next to him.
'No, my sweet Joan, I'm perfectly happy, come, just sit close to me and enjoy the moment.' She sits on the backrest of his chair with her arm around him and he flatters her hand.

With joy they look at Emilie and Olympe who are still dancing and when they finally sit down on the coach, he chuckles.
'Yes, the idea of dance was good.... and you're wonderful students, very talented indeed!' He winks at Olympe, then turns to Emilie.
'Emilie! You told me you couldn't dance, well, as far as I can see, that was exaggerated! I thought you didn't like it perhaps, but you seem to enjoy it.' He shakes his head in wondering.
'... although I must admit that the fun of dancing depends on who you're dancing with!' He looks at Joan who nods approvingly.
'Joan and I have often danced in the inn of her father, as I told you before, Emilie, it's where I first met her again after she was raised. I had not seen her in a few years when her brother became a chaplain to me and we both went to the inn to see her father again.... I forgot about her since she was a little girl at the time, but when her brother and I entered the inn there she was....' he looks at Joan with radiant eyes and kisses her hand.

He leans forward to Emilie and asks curious.
'What about you, Emilie, what is your best dancing experience? Have you ever danced at the French court?'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Olympe giggle as Thomas wink to her and Emilie blush as he compliment them and answer him.
In fact the matter is that I don't practice often because I don't much like dancing, but I can having fun in doing it with friends like with you !
Emilie listen with attention to Wolsey as he talk her about his encounter with Joan and their first dance experience, moved by the love for Joan that she feel in his voice and glance, she smile to him, reflect for recall of the dance experiences, she had and remember with nostalgia of warm memories of dance with her family in her childhood and answer him.
It's true, the fun that you have in dancing depend fully of with whom you dance, myself I can't recall of one precise better dancing experience, but I have wonderful memories of the dances with my family, while the feasts we had in the castle of Fontanay, it was simple dances, just for have fun, but that made me joyfull.
She smile in recalling of the dances she had at french court and nodd.
Yes, I have dance at french court many times while my childhood when my father did invite me with my sister and my mother, he loved feasts and dance and so we often did dance. I sometimes wished to dance with my father, for a moment but it wasn't possible, of course, even if everyone was aware that my mother was his mistress and had daughters of him, but he preferred to remain discreet for preserve the apparances ...

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm

He smiles when she tells him she does not practice often.
'Well... normally I don't dance either, I mean in public, it is not very decent for a cardinal to dance.' He shrugs and rolls his eyes.
'... and I admit I don't really like those dances either, so my dancing skills -as far as you can speak about skills- come from looking at the dancers and moreover from dancing with Joan, here in our own quarters.'

He listens at her and nodd in understanding.
'I agree with you, there is nothing more wonderful than be together with your family and dance together... my father and mother were hard-working people who had no time to make fun... I learned to make fun when I went to school and especially when I met Joan's family. Her father was the most cultured and wise man I've ever met, but he also knew how to enjoy life, it was a lesson I liked to learn! '

When she tells him about her dancing experiences at the French court, he listens thoughtfully.
'I have been several times at your father's court but I can't recall I ever met your mother, nor your sister or yourself, Emilie... but you were probably very young at the time... well, your father was very discreet indeed or I just didn't see what was obvious to everyone.' He frowns and add 'I am not so smart in love affairs, I'm afraid...' he smiles weakly.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Emilie giggle as he tell her that it isn't suitable for a cardinal to dance, amused.
I am reassured to learn that I am not the only one to don't like theses kind of complicate dances and to prefer more simple and fun ones ! And after just having see you dance, I can tell that you must practice dance often in private !
Emilie feel the admiration of Thomas for Joan's father.
I can guess from what you tell me that Joan's father was a wonderful man !
Emilie nodd.
Yes, probably, and I am not surprised that you hadn't come to encounter me when you came at french court under my father's rule, because my main household was my maternal family's castle, I rarely came at court and when I came, it was unofficial, so even if I was there, you wouldn't had notice my presence and my father was discreet with my mother even if everyone knew about them and even about me and my sisters since she was his official mistress.
She giggle.
[color=violet]Love affairs are complicate for everyone, but at french court, everything about everyone is knowed, a secret even of high importance can't be hidden a long time.
She smile in recalling of her father.
He was a wonderful man too, objectively he wasn't good to dance !, but he was very cultured, passionate by history and it was passionating to talk with him, he was also wise and so kind and attentionate to me, my sisters and my mother too.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Wolsey laughs loudly about her words and winks at Joan in understanding.
´O yes, we practice often, we love to dance together, it keeps us young!´

He nodd when she calls Joan´s father a wonderful man.
´He was indeed... and I am thankful I knew him well.´ he squeezes softly Joan´s hand, knowing she still misses him, too.
´... you know my friend Erasmus called him the most cultured and sincere of all men he knew in England! He became later ``surveyor of the kings´works`` and my personal confessor. Once even the French ambassador stayed at his house for several months when we were negotiating in secret! I have a lot to thank him for...´ he sigh and wipes his eyes, while Joan quietly cries. He hands her a handkerchief and speaks softly at her, kissing her cheek.

After a while he turns to Emilie again, smiling weakly.
´Ahh... no wonder I never encountered you, Emilie! By the way, you were a little child at the time, we are speaking of 1514 when I met your father frequently to speak about peace after... some years of war.´ He frowns, remembering the years of war with France, encouraged by the queen and her father, the emperor Ferdinand. He never agreed with it, he was and is pro-French and the peace he made with Emilies father proved once again the advantages of a French ally.

'You are right about your father, he was a wonderful man, too! It was a pleasure to talk with him and I admired his cultural and historical knowledge, we often had passionate conversations about all kind of topics and talked untill deep in the night! I remember him well and respected him deeply... he was always kind and gentle, even when we disagreed.' he grins
'... and of course we disagreed on components of the treaty, though we never made hassle!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Emilie giggle at his answer, put her arm around her daughter's shoulders and listen with interest to his description of Joan's father, she smile and answer warmly.
He was a important and precious man, indeed, with respectable fonction and friends, I would had like to encounter him.
Emilie's face take an understanding air as he precise to her the period where he have negociate frequently with her father.
In 1514 ! I was six years old, so even you had cross me by chance, you probably wouldn't recognize me in the blondhaired little girl who did see ! especially since my father wouldn't had introduce me to you.
Emilie feel moved and happy as Thomas talk with admiration of her father with her, she very rarely had the occasion to talk about him with someone since she left france, nearly 5 years ago and she find passionating to hear the vision of someone who did encounter him personally and in totally different conditions than her, him as a diplomat negociating with a king, her simply as a daughter with her royal father.
Yes he was so cultured and loved so much to talk about history, arts, when I was a little girl he told me many things about all kinds of topic, especially about France history, books and famous autors and artists and the culture that I have now for a big part come from what he learned to me in my childhood and more than knowledges, he have learn me the taste to learn, the curiousity for history and love for art.
She smile in recalling of this precious moments she had with her father, take a sip of her goblet.
And later, when I was teenager, I had many endless discussions with him too about many kinds of topics and I loved it ! and he told me many times that he was proud of my culture, but it's mainly to him that I own it !
She smile while feeling a tear of emotion come to her eyes.
He was really kind and gentle, indeed, a patient, tender and attentionate father.

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

He nodd and smiles after her words, squeezing Joan´s hand softly.
´You would have liked him, Emilie, I am sure about that!´

He frowns deeply when she tells him she was six years old at the time he met her father frequently.
´Well.... I do rememer a little girl, I didn´t know her age though... she once approached me to give me a flower she picked in the garden! I was enchanted by the gesture, because my own daughter was only two years old at the time and I missed my family deeply. Since she was born I had been away from home, first to support Henry at the battlefield and soon after I had to leave again for France to negotiate about peace.´ he glances at Joan and smiles apologetical at her.

´... but this little girl had the same beautiful blonde curls as our Dorothy... and as Olympe has! She also gave a flower to your father who thanked her most hearty...´ he looks at her with questioning eyes.
´Perhaps it was you, Emilie?' he reflects, trying to remember the scene, then shrugs.
'I'm sorry, that's all I remember, but there was a woman who called her softly, I could not see who she was because she stood behind us and... well, the girl left and that was the only time I've seen her.' suddenly he laughs.
'I do remember though that your father suddenly wanted to break off our conversation and left, too!'

He becomes serious again and looks warmly at her.
'You look a lot like your father indeed, Emilie and I am happy for you that you were so close together.'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm

As she listen to him with interest, Emilie's face take a amazed her, because she recognize herself as child in his description, she concentrate, the scene he describe seem familiar to her and she try to recall of it but it seem definitely lost in early childhood memories's heaven, a place of her mind hardly reachable and she can't find it, she smile to him.

It was me, I am sure of it, at this age, I had exactly the same curs as Olympe have now and I loved to pick up flowers and often used to offer them to my father, my mother or their friends and important guests and the lady who called me was certainly my mother, my father have follow me for join her too. I can't recall of the scene but I was so little.

A veil of melancolia and sadness appear on her face, she think to her little sister Charlotte death since a long time.

It must be a short time after my mother gave birth to my younger sister, who is death of illness in early childhood ...

As he tell her that she look like her father, the veil of sadness disappear of her face and a smile appear, she feel always proud when she is related to her father.

I am very proud to have such a father !

She think intensely to her father, without feeling sad, because she feel his familiar presence by her side everyday and sometimes at night when she can't sleep, she have endless conversations with him as ghost, then she look in Thomas's eyes, thinking at all that he must know about england's affairs, secret negociations that she can't even imagine and recent history.
Recalling of the passionating stories that he yet told her that happened at a time where she was a child and did live in France, she ask him.

You must know so many things about england affair and its history too !, the recent one at last since you did have know His majesty's brother and father's rules. Unfortunately I must admit that myself I don't really know england's history, nor about this disnasty and its kings, I only heard of a roses war for the crown winned by Tudor family, is it His father, Henry VII who founded this dinasty ?

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Wolsey listens with interest, happy for her to give her a memory back where he was part of.
'Well, my reminder even gets nicer when I think it was you, Emilie! I'm sorry though that your little sister died at such young age, you surely missed her all! And you should be proud of your father, as I am proud to say I knew him very well and respected him.'

He smiles widely when she asks him to tell about Englands history, his eyes glisten.
'Ahh... Englands history, well, where to begin? Perhaps by telling you that before we had a Tudor Dynasty, we have been reigned by a Plantagenet... since 1154! However they did not use the name... the family split up by the two sons of Edward III and became two rivalising families: the House of York and the House of Lancaster. From 1399 untill Henry Tudor conquered the throne in 1485 the house of Lancaster sat on the throne. King Henry VI who reigned from 1422 untill 1461 was the last king of the Lancaster dynasty, but he had become insane when he heard that the last English territory in France, Bordeaux, was lost and he didn't even respond on the birth of his own son.
The country broke down in law and order, corruption and financial losses... and the Yorks started the War of the Roses, which lasted for thirty years! Both families alternately conquered the throne by battles, murder and treason.'

He stops for a moment to take a sip of water, frowning a little but then smiled.
'Henry Tudor, a nobleman from Wales, fought as a captain for the Lancasters. Finally he defeated the army of Richard III of York who was the king on that moment... and Richard III was killed the same day. The crown of England was found among the scrub and Henry was crowned Henry VII!
Richard III had no children, only a niece, Elizabeth of York and she was married to Henry! With also a mother who related from Edward III Henry reunited the two families of York and Lancaster again... the badge of the House of Yorks was a white rose and the badge of the Lancasters was a red rose... Henry adopted the Tudor Rose which is a double rose, white over red.'

He sigh and looks at the three ladies around him.
'Henry had experienced fraud and intrigue during the War of the Roses, as you've probably heard of the legend of the princes of the Tower? Anyway, it's why he appointed personal bodyguards, also called the Yeomen of the Guard. these men were always at his side, not only in England but also on his travels abroad!'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Emilie nodd sadly.

Yes, it has been a terrible lost for the whole family, I has been for weeks after her death and my mother for some reason was feeling guilty of Charlotte's death and it's because of it that she left my father's court after it, for being closer to her still alive daughters and privilegie her family.

She shrugg.

I must say that she wasn't very motherly, she preferred to spend time with her friends and in diverses activities and that it's my aunt, Virginie, who rised me and my sisters as long as her own children, my cousins and her husband, Jean, was also as a second father for me, because even if his majesty my father was a good father, seen the circomstances and his responsabilities, he couldn't very often see us.

She listen to him with interest, passionated by what she learn of England's history.

Wow, England has been rules by only one family 1154 ! Of course, it's acomplicate when there is two brothers in age to succed their father in a royal family, especially if they don't get well together, it's that it turned to a division !

She take a understanding and grave look.

It's must has been a terrible period for England, even more sad because the york who attacked Plantagenet was so closely linked to them ! Fortunately that Henry tudor winned and reunited both families under his crown ! I find that this red and white rose is a wonderful symbol of union !

She look at him with a intrigued air as he evocate a legend of a princes at the tower, she shake her head.

No, I never heard about this legend, can you tell me more about it ? I understand that after all this the king Henry was used to fraud and intrigue and so very careful and always surrounded by guards !, but here it is a link between it and this legend ?

She look at Olympe playing on the floor, smiling to her.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:22 pm

He sigh after her words about her family.
´It must have been a sad time indeed, not only you lost your sister but also in a way your mother... I am happy for you that you finally had a family after all who were like loving parents to you and your sisters... how many sisters do you have?'

He looks at Joan and then bows his head.
'Both our children were also raised by other families... though we saw them often, even while we were not together at the time.' he softly caress Joan's hand, shaking his head regretful.

'... Well, we can't turn back time, can we?' he shrugs and kisses Joan's hand, when she excuses herself to go to the bathroom.

Smiling because Emilie seems to like his stories and asks him many questions, he leans back in his chair, rubbing his chin.
'Indeed... when Henry became king a dark period of war ended, though from the moment he climbed the throne there were rumors about two princes being locked up in the tower and never seen since!'

He frowns and bites his lips.
'You see... king Richard III sat on the throne when Henry defeated him, but he had not only a niece (Elizabeth, the wife of Henry) but also two nephews, younger brothers of Elizabeth. The oldest one, Edward V was twelve years old when his father King Edward IV died and the lawful heir to the throne. In May 1483 Edward arrived in London for his coronation and accomodated in the tower. His younger brother Richard joined him in June.
Both princes were declared illegitimate by an Act of Parliament of 1483 known as Titulus Regius, and their uncle Richard Duke of Gloucester was crowned as Richard III. There are reports of the two princes being seen playing in the Tower grounds shortly after Richard joined his brother, but there are no recorded sightings of either of them after the summer of 1483. Their fate remains an enduring mystery, but soon gossips started and the people agreed that the princes were probably murdered in the Tower. There is however no record of a funeral and they were never found.'

He smiles weakly.
'I had the same age as the youngest brother at the time and the story impressed me and also frightened me. Being locked up in the Tower and never to get out anymore... we children made up terrible stories about their fate and I hated the Tower ever after!' he shivers and adds.

'Well... you probably understand that not only Richard III but also Henry VII was suspected, though not openly since they both had reasons to kill the brothers who stood in their way to the throne.
It took untill 1502 that a certain James Tyrell, a knight who fought for the Yorks and thus for Richard III confessed he had murdered the two boys at the behest of Richard... Anyway, if you want to now more about this, you should read the book that sir Thomas More wrote, it is called History of King Richard III '

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 pm

*she appears in the room and listen at the door, she can feel how comfortable they are and she doesnt want to disturb them*
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Emilie nodd sadly, then precise.

About my mother, her coming back has been a better anyway, because before it, she was at court all the time and very rarely did take journeys at Fontanay where we was rised by our aunt and oncle, my sisters and me. When we was invitated at court, she was rather distant, didn't spending much time with us, more taken with our father, her friends and some activities. When she came to live with us at Fontanay, she was at last physicially present and did try to implicate in family life in a benevolant even if being fundamentally not really implacated in it.

She shrugg, the air resigned and disillusioned and add .

Fortunately, yes I had my aunt, oncle, cousins and sister as family. I guess that I shouldn't has been surprised that once I have left fontanay for live in England, she have fastly get disinterested in me, but I thinked that Virginie, Jean and cousins did care of me more than that.

She sigh, look at her shoes, for hide the sadness in her eyes, then glance to her daughter, make a fake smile for don't make her feared, turn again to Wolsey as he ask about her sisters and answer him.

I have two sisters, Charlotte who is death and Madeleine, at last news, she is the only one who still write me sometimes, she still live at Fontanay as young girl, but would like to leave it ... maybe even join me in England, at court, I have also propose her to come to live in my castle of Eastnor, she seem to like the idea, Eastnor, it's nearly the only thing I told her about my life here, I estimate it harmless to tell ...

She smile as he tell her that they did often saw their children even if they has been rised by another families.

I guess that it was precious to can often see your children.

She listen with passion to the story of the princes, feeling sad for these boys.

It's really a passionating story, mysterious and frightening too ! How to know what really happened to theim ? , the responsable of their disparation must have carefully hide this horrible murder of two innocents, but whatever has been their fate, it must has been terrible for them alas.

She look at him with a understanding look, recalling of the only time she did see court, for visit lady Saville and the odious way she has been recieved by her, and the building by itself was so bleak, dark, cold, and the horrible meeting have contribuate to make her hate this place.

I understand you, I have go there once and I really wouldn't want to go there ever again, I has been surprised to heard that it was also a royal place used for coronation and things like that.

She take a sip of her juice and answer him.

Yes, it was surely embarring affair for king Henry VII, but James Tyrell's confession seem credible and so it's would be king Richard who ordered this murder and king Henry wouldn't be implicated it. I never heard about this book, it's must be interesting, but I am not sure not want to read a book about a man, even a king, who could have order this horrible murder !

Emilie percieve Joan near to the door behind Thomas and smile to her, hoping that her long conversation with him don't embarrass her.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Nodding in understanding he listens at her story about her mother.
'It must have been... difficult for you to have your mother finally around but not really in contact with you or you sister. Perhaps she thought that her family took better care of you than herself.' he smiles encouraging at her when he notices that she looks sad.

'I feel sorry for you...' he speaks softly when she tells him she is disappointed about her family not keeping in contact with her.
When she tells him about her sister Madeleine he nods and smiles.
'Ahh... I guess it would be very nice for you if she ever decides to live with you at Eastnor, at least you'd have your sister back. I hope for you she will come, even just pay you a visit and then decidec iif she wants to stay.'

He frowns when she confesses that she has not told much about her life.
'Emilie! Why haven't you told her, there is nothing to be ashamed of! You even have not told her about...?' He makes unobtrusive a head gesture towards Olympe.

He sigh. 'Yes, it was good to see our children but also heartbreaking. They did not understand why they were raised by other families and why I also had sent their mother away from them...' He is silent for a while and bows his head.

Taking a sip of wine he answers her about the Tower.
'Well, the Tower is not only a prison but mostly a royal residence. It serves also as an armoury, a treasury and menagerie... but even though I have been there at happy occasions like the coronation of Henry and Catherine, I still don't like it!' he shakes his head.

He shrugs.
'For Henry VII it was a relief indeed when Tyrell pleaded guilty, but even then the rumors went on. It was very unlikely he would have killed the boys and then marry their sister. They also disappeared two years before he conquered the throne, but... well, you know, people like to talk!'

Thinking she smiles at him, he smiles back, then notices she stares behind him and when he turns around, he looks surprised at Joan, standing near the door. He walks to her and takes her hand in his.
'My love, please join us, I know you are tired but please, just sit here next to me for a little while.' He accompanies her to a couch and sits down with her. He saves his arm around her and puts her head softly against his shoulder, smiling satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Emilie smile slighty as he tell that her sister could come to visit her at Eastnor.

Indeed, it's would be very nice, even if I would be forced to reveal her important things about my real life here in England.

She follow his glance on Olympe, feeling guilty about the secret she had keep toward her family, she nodd.

Yes, I hadn't told them anything, even about her, though god now how much I love her and am proud of her.

She take a deep breath and continue.

Once I have discover myself pregnant, I have decide to keep it secret carefully, I was sure they would never accept me pregnant, nor my child, so when she is born, I have just continue this way to hide the reality of my life in England and it still like that, it's too difficult to reveal delicate things and risks to ... to definitely lost any link with my family, even maybe my sister, it's more simple to lie and hide, especially when there is a sea between them and me.

She feel getting sad in thinking to all this and add.

I have just reveal to my sister that I have acquire a castle at Eastnor and left court for live there because I thinked they would learn that I wasn't anymore a lady in waiting to the queen anyway and considered harmless to tell them about Eastnor, but it's nearly the only thing they know about my real life in England.

She sigh in recalling of the hard period where she have acquire her castle.

And I hadn't tell them that in reality I had been dismissed of my fonction of lady in waiting because of my pregnancy and so forced to leave court, was housed by my best friend who has been enough kind, helpful and charitable for take me in her household for as long time as necessary and that it's why I have acquire this castle for have a household of mine where to live ...

She take a sip of her goblet.

It was enough hard to deal with all this, I hadn't the strenght to tell them, I think that they would reject me if I told them ... and even before to fall pregnant I did keep my real life secret to them, of course I hadn't told them about this shallow affair I had with that pervert man who used me for his lust, I was too shameful, but I hadn't either told about Olympe's father, my first love, with whom I had though a long lasting and serious relationship.

She sigh in thinking to George and glance over Olympe, amazed to nearly see her father's face in hers for a while as she get the same typical smile he had in looking to her, she force a smile for reassure her and turn again to Thomas.

About him, I had always keep the secret, in fact it's with this first love I have began to hide my real life to my family even if I was still was in regular contact with them at the period though but I was sure they wouldn't accept him because he is a commoner and they wanted to marry me to a noble man.

feeling again the guiltness she did feel at the period about their family.

I felt guilty to flirt and make projects with someone who probably wouldn't had please to my family, I was a reasonable and obediant young girl at my arrival at court and usuallly I wouldn't had do something that would had displease them.

Her face take a dreamy as she recall of her first love's beautiful period, full of passion, light and guenine love.

but I loved him so much, I was sure that he was my soulmate, the man of my life and that I wouldn't want to marry someone else and he told that he don't wanted to marry someone else, so I had decide to follow my heart even this the price was to have a important secret for my family and that I was feared risk to lost their love if they did come to learn it.

She finish her goblet

So, I hadn't tell them anything even about this secret marriage we did projected ... we planned to keep it secret until it's would be done and after ... well, present them a fait accompli, hoping that they would end by accept it, with the time and the first child birth ... all seemed possible and simple to us ... But as I yet told you once time, he have get feared about the consequences, our families's reaction, especially his father, so he have annule it and left me.

She ask to a servent to fill her goblet with fresh orange juice and take a sip of it.

It was utopical anyway, to trust to can marry secretly and obtain acception, especially seen our very different origines and our families difference, they would had fastly broke it and maybe even worse, I prefer to don't imagine ... so it's maybe better we hadn't do it finally.

She sigh in recalling of the horrible period that followed the rupture.

And after, I was in so deep sorrow and heartache, only had my best friend for support me and I didn't gave news to them, trying to get their attention, they hadn't send me a letter for ask me explanations nor came to see me at court as I hoped they would do, I felt abandoned and that I couldn't count on them if something happened, so I have take the use to hide my real life to them and I have always continue since then.

She look at him with a understanding look.

[color=violet]I understand, it must be heartbroken to hear this kind of questions from your children's mouth, especially when in fact you still love their mother. I am happy for you that she have come back to you and that you are together now and I hope that you can still see them sometimes.|/color]

Emilie take a amazed air as he tell her about all the Tower's fonctions.

I understand you, myself I can't prevent from seeing it just as a frightening prison, a place of terror where I wouldn't want to be ever.

Emilie nodd.

It's true without doubts ! people like to talk and gossips, especially about mysterious things ! it's in human nature. But I don't think king Henry VII was involved in it especially since it's happened two years before he conquered the throne.

Emilie look at Thomas as he take Joan's hand and walk with her to a couch and install in it by her side amourously, touched to see them so loving and united even if being together since a so long time, feeling suddenly lonely, living alone with her daughter, then she turn her and Olympe get up and climb on the sofa and come to sat on her laps, she smile and hug her, feeling her old pains and melancolia disappear in this wonderful tenderness that she share with her beloved daughter.

Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 am

*she smiles and sits down with him, rest her head stisfied in his shoulder and closes her eyes for a moment* I don't want to distub your conversation *she smiles to Emilie* I can see you both always have long chats excuseme if I cant reply to long my darlings *I kiss Thomas' cheeks softly and hold his hands tenderly as I listen their conversation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next