The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's Private room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Emilie smile and nodd.

Allright, I will, thank you.

Emilie giggle at his reaction to what she learn to him about rythms of the life at Portugal, proud to can learn him something he don't yet know for once time while usually it's him who learn things to her, she tell him.

Well, in Portugal, everyone wake up early in the morning with dawn and so the work began early and end between midday and 2 pm, and after the meal, everyone take a nap, in bedrooms, living rooms ... then people do calm activites andget relaxed in colder places as interior courts, near to fountains and basin, people return to work at 4 or 5 pm, until 7, 8, 9 or even 10 pm, some people go outdoor for take advantage of the night's freshness, then the dinner take place at about 10 or 11 pm and then everyone go to bed.

She smile and add.

I think that in the end, people work as much as here, their work time simply don't follow the same rythm as here.

She nodd.

I know this reality since my childhood, Thomas, my father was king and my mother is a countess.

She bite her lips and add with ardour and conviction

But I still think that it isn't a good thing and could be made otherwise ... I mean that arranged marriage aren't by itself a bad thing, but forced marriage should be forbidden in my opinion ... the husband and the wife should be able to refuse an inacceptable marriage and their willing should be respected, it's about all their life after all !

She take a deep breath.

About Margaret, I understand why she did it, but I have think since the begining that it wasn't a good thing at all, I told her, I felt that he don't really loved her, that a womanizer like him wouldn't make her happy and that all this happened far too quickly ... I told her, but she hadn't really listen, she was in love, she wasn't herself ...

She sigh.

I hadn't insist, it wasn't my business and I don't wanted to waste her happiness even if it yet seemed fleeting to me and I hadn't been surprised when it have began to turn badly.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm glad it hasnt been my fault love rubs his stomach softly while he talsk with Emelie*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 pm

He feels better now the pain is decreased and smiles at Joan who does not seem convinced.
'It is certainly not your fault my dear, I only have to blame myself for not eating regularly... I promiss you to pay attention to it.' he covers her hand gently with his again and let her rest her head against his shoulder.

Satisfied he listens with interest at Emilie's description of the Portugese way of life.
'Well... I must say, this sounds very relaxed and I understand that at the hottest moments of the day one should calm down. In the end they probably work indeed as much as we do here... ' he frowns a little and glances at Joan, hoping she will not tell Emilie that a normal working day for him lasts from dawn untill far after the sunset.

He smiles after her ardent plea and shrugs.
'You are so romantic, Emilie... but most arranged marriages work out rather well.' he sigh.
'I confess though that the marriage of princess Margaret was inevitable... the king of Portugal only wanted to sign a treaty under the condition she would marry him.' he frowns deeply.
'We needed that treaty at the time!'

'... and Brandon, well, I sent him to negotiate about the jewels that the Portugese king gave her before he died... and the dowry. It was not easy, the heir to the Portugese throne did not cooperate and even encouraged Margaret in her despair to marry Brandon! We got no news from them untill it was... too late. Well, we have seen indeed how this marriage "out of love" has become, now!'
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

*now she believes is not her fault but she doesnt believe he will eat more*- love maybe you want try to eat more but I know if you're worrid with your job you will forget eating, maybe , those days you wouldn't eat with me I could take your lunch to your office , it would be wonderful *smiles and kisses his forehead as she rest her head on his shoulders, Listens to their interesting chat and however she've never travelled abroad she can understand what they're talking about*

I'd love to travel aborad some day *she says in loud voice unconsciously* oh excuse me *puts her hand on his mouth and giggles, she know it cant be possible, she just was thinking in loud voice*
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 am

Emilie remain spectical about arranged marriages's success and have aversion toward forced marriage.

I agree that most of arranged marriages go well, at last they seem to for exterior people and I am not fundamentally against it, as long as the two persons who take this engagment are willing. But about forced marriages, for me it's nothing else than legal rape, since not willing people are forced to bed, whatever can be the alliances and interests involved in it !

Realizing that her words are rather rudes, she blush and glance to her daughter, worried that she could be shocked, but she notice than the little girl, who yet did show tiredness signs have fall in slight slumber, she turn again to Thomas and tell in law tone for don't awake her daughter holding her more firmly with her arm.

Sorry if I seem rude ... when I have conviction and start to debate about them, sometimes I lost control of my words, in spite of myself .

She smile slighty and add .

I think that the reason of Margaret's marriage failure is that have marry too fastly, without take the time to reflect and above without having deep love for each others, nor even really getting well together and Charles don't make her happy, don't pay her enough attention. I think that since marriage engage people for all their life, they should take the time to reflect well before to take such an engagement, it's serious matter.

She turn to Joan in hearing her talking, smile.

You don't have to apologize, me too, I would like to travel again some day, you know, Portugal is the only country where I had ever travel, if we except England and France and sometimes I feel the envy to discover another countries too.

She glance to her daughter and add.

I think it's time for me for leave you, I have yet take much of your time and you maybe want to be alone together and my little girl would be better in her bed for continue her nap.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 pm

'Perhaps you could bring me lunch indeed, my angel, but I'm afraid I might not be in my office in time, too. You know that I supervise everything what goes on and also the king calls for me at any time of the day...'
He smiles apologetic at Joan and then listens to Emilie, surprised about her excitement, but when she speaks about rape he looks shocked himself.

' In a marriage there can't be such thing as "rape", Emilie, it is a holy sacrament and meant to produce children to God's wishes!'

He leans forward and put softly a hand on her arm.
'Don't think I do not agree with you, though. But a marriage is in the first place an agreement to care for eachother, care and not per definition love.' He frowns deeply.

'Love can also fade, Emilie, but a marriage can't be broken only because of the lack of love. It is a business agreement in the first place and the love can come afterwards, if both husband and wife work on it.'

He looks at her, naughtiness in his eyes.
'.... and when there is no love, well, they can take a lover... as you should know, Emilie, because in your native country this is a habit, even more than here in England!'

When Joan and Emilie talk about travelling abroad, he rolls his eyes and sigh.
'I have travelled to France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the Low Lands but I must confess, though very interesting, nowadays I'd rather be at home.
I promiss you though, if I ever travel again, I take you with me, Joan!'
he kisses her cheek softly.

He nods when Emilie tells them that she should go, then looks at Olympe who sleeps well and gestures a servant to bring a blanket to cover her.
'I understand that you want to leave, but she sleeps deeply and you should awake her... just let her sleep and stay for another while, please.'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Emilie listen to him, spectical, she still think that a woman forced to sleep with someone whoever he is, even her husband, is a rape, a legal rape and that it's precisely because of forced and arranged marriage that there is so many adultere matters, but since he think that marriage is just a business, as most of people that she know, she will not convince him whatever she could tell.
A bit shocked by is answer about adultere, especially by the fact he accuse french people to do it more than in another, she can't hold her tongue anymore and answer him.

Do you really believe in what you are saying ? do you really think that french people like me commit more adulteres than in another countries as England ? As you know I have live in France while 15 first years of my life and I have live in England since then for nearly five years, so, I can tell you that you are totally wrong !

She take a deep breath for keep control on her words.

I seen as much lust and adultere in England and in France, the only real difference is that the king François have more mistresses than the king Henry and he isn't less discreet than Henry about his liaisons and it have nothing to do with the majority of french people's behaviour. The rest is pure legend that has been inventated by spanish people who hate french people and want to ruin their reputation and that english people love to use when it's in their interest !

She get up, holding Olympe in her arms firmy and add with calm and politeness, a serious air on her face.

Sorry but I can't stand to hear my country insulted to being a sinner and adultere people, I love my country and I am proud to being french, so I prefer to go than to hear France being insulted.

Her daughter's head leaning in her shoulder in her slumber, she look straight in Thomas's eyes with intensity, she decide to let him a chance to answer about it before to decide to leave, feeling sad because of the affection she have for him, but can't stand this insult toward her country without reacting.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:52 pm

oh dont worry my darling, if you aren't in your office I'd look for you in the whole palace or reign *smiles and kisses his cheek*
*Listens to them and nods, she knows there are some husbands who aren't tender like her Thomas and they rape their wives, thats so sad... then when he talks about his travels and promises her he will take her with him the next time she smiles wildely* aww thankyou my love, but only if you can...

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

While Emilie listens to him, he feels that she does not agree with him and he sigh inaudible.
As a churchman, he also believes in marriages out of love, but the statesman he actually is knows that marriages like that of Margaret and the king of Portugal don't only concern two people, but two nations.

He tries to make her laugh but his joke about taking a lover obviously makes her even more excited and she really gets angry with him as he refers to an old saying about the French morals. He realizes he made a hugh mistake and stands up as quickly as he can and steps towards her.

'Emilie...' he speaks, upset about her reaction. He opens his arms in an apologetical way.
'I am so sorry, I did not want to hurt you nor your country... you know I am fond of France, I would never say anything bad to offend France, nor you, Emilie! Please, don't be angry with me, I know you are right, I have been there myself! Yes, king Francis has more mistresses than Henry but I also visited good and simple people in your country who are nice and decent.
I am not blind, Emilie... though I confess I think the French courtlife is more... lively than here in England... but then, when I am in France I have not so much business in my hands as when I am here...so I probably see things happen which I don't see at home.'
he stops, not blind he says, but he was blind enough to be unconscious of Henry's liaisons, especially with Lady Anne.

He looks at her beggingly.
'Again, I apologize, Emilie, I hope with all my heart you accept... and that you will stay for another while. But I will and can not stop you if you want to go... in the interest of little Olympe.'

He turns to Joan, smiling weakly.
'If I ever will travel again to France, I will take you with me, my love... I want you to get to know this wonderful country, I am sure you will love it, like I do!'
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:36 pm

*she nods and interferes in their chat* my love I know you understand arranged marriages, but you also may to agree with me that is no always the best option for people heart...for example if someone says I amy marry somebody else I would never be happy because I only love you, then Emelie is right
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:29 pm

As Thomas apologize sincerely, Emilie's anger fall as soon as it had rise, she sigh and answer him.

I accept your apologizes since I feel that they are sinceres so I am not anymore angry and I am staying.

She smile slighty and add.

It's true that if I carry Olympe to her bedroom, it's could awake her, she is maybe better here for continue her nap.

She join a free sofa and lay down delicately her daughter who is asleep and cover her with a blanket, then return to sat at her place on the couch, she glance to her daughter, then turn again to Thomas and add.

Our talking don't seem to distrub her, fortunately, she have a sound sleep !

Hearing his impressions from life at french court, she nodd.

You know the french court that I have know is my father's and it was respectable and virtuous, there were some womanizers and loose girls as everywhere, it was a bit like english court now. From what I heard, the king François is very different of my father, he is a womanizer and isn't discreet about it and I think that it may have a bad influence on some people who had yet naturally lust tendancies and must feel free to act unvirtuously.

She shrugg.

But it have nothing to do with the immense majority of french people, who are virtuous and nice people, like english people, I think it's injust that french people's reputation is founded on some caricatural unvirtuous courtiers that hadn't at all representative.

Emilie turn to Joan as she talk and is surprised that she agree with her, she smile proudly and tell to Thomas.

You see ! Joan agree with me !

Her air grow serious and she add.

For me, adultere is a grave sin that hurt the soul and distroy the couples and I think that some of adultere is caused by arranged marriages and even more by forced marriages. I think that marriages of love, not thoses made in a hurry and headbutt like Margaret and Charles's, but choiced with reason and from a deep love, prevent from adultere.

She smile.

f husband and wife love and desire each others, have choiced to marry, why would they do to find happiness in another arms ? Marriages of love are a way for prevent adultere, if they are made with reason and reflexion.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:31 pm

He sigh in relief when she accepts his apologies and smiles at her.
'I am relieved that you accept my apologies and also that you just told me what you think. Most people just run away from me without arguing and give me no chance to make things clear or to apologize to them!'

He embraces her for a moment and kisses her cheek.
'But then, you are my daughter, I would never allowed you to leave just like that, I would have thrown myself in your way! I can handle anger, sometimes I even don't care, but not from my beloved ones!'

While Emilie lays down Olympe on a sofa he walks back to the couch and cuddles Joan, then listens to Joan's words.
'I know, my love, I would also not be happy when married to someone else... you are right, I was speaking from my mind, not from my heart.'

As Emilie triumphantly confirms that Joan and she agree he raises his arms in defence.
'Wow, two against one... how am I supposed to win this battle of words?' he chuckles, he loves a good debate. He looks at them, will he tell them that he would marry Margaret again to the old King if necessary? No, probably not.

'I agree with you, Emilie that marriages out of love don't elicit adultery, but still I think that love can grow also after an arranged marriage. Love is a verb, it must be maintained, or it will fade...' he shrugs.

'And I most defenitely agree that adultery is a great sin! And yes, the French court was different indeed while your father lived. But last year while I was there...' he shakes his head. 'Poor Queen ...' he murmurs.

'Yes, marriages out of love are the best after all... did you know, Emilie, that Joan and I are married? Unofficially, but yet, married?' he looks with love at Joan and then radiantly at Emilie.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

*she also smiles radiantly and hugs him tightely looking at Emelie's face waiting her reaction about hr and Thoma's marriage...being married with him is a wonderful dream she's living today*
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Emilie nodd.

Well, we can't always agree on everything with people, the important thing is that when it''s about people we love is to be able to accept the difference of point of view and if ever the debate turn to argue, to be able to reconciliate.

She join his embrace in a daughterly way, smiling happily.

I wouldn't has been able to remain angry with you a long time anyway !

She glance to her daughter, reassured to see her sleeping, then turn again to Thomas and listen to him attentively, then nodd.

It's true, in arranged marriages love and happiness can come afterward, when the husband and the wife get to know each others better and create links. But, unfortunately it can also not come at all, if they don't get well together and aren't happy to be married. In marriages in love, there is love from the begining for sure, of course afterward love can fade, but at last there has been love at a moment.

She feel a sudden sadness and melancolia rising in her as she can't prevent from thinking to this marriage of which she dreamed and that never had take place with the man she loved, George and to the fact that if she don't find real love again, she will never marry and remain alone, she sigh and look at her hands, trying to hide it.
As Thomas talk again, she turn to him and she forget the sadness and familiar melancolia in listening him, she nodd.

If he really act as I heard he do, Claude musn't be happy indeed ... it's sad for her ... she is a good exemple of arranged marriage's consequences, I think that him, he is happy like that, but her ...

She smile and she nodd.

Yes I recall you yet said it to me ... I am happy that the two of you, who are one of the most in love, complice, strong and united couples I had ever encounter, has been to unite your souls before god !

She glance to Joan and feel moved in seeing the radiant smile on her face as she hug him, thinking that she wish to know such a love some day, even if she don't trust in it anymore.
Then she see herself again in George's arm, hear his words of love like strokes in her ears, heart and soul, she recall of all their wonderful dreams, projects for the future, they would marry and have a great household, she feel his soft and warm lips kissing hers ...
All this seem so far away now, though it still alive in her memories and it still make her heart blood as she recall of how she felt when she did lost all this and had to renounce to her wonderful dreams and hopes ...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 pm

He smiles happily.
'I confess I love to debate... and I believe in power, the power of the word, I mean. Words do good, but words can hurt, too.
I can be sharp in debates, many fear me... but when I argue with beloved ones, I am normally the soft one... I can not stand disharmony in my private life. So I am glad you would not have stayed angry with me for long, Emilie, you would have broken my heart... though I can not promiss you I will not argue with you again.'
he adds mischievously.

When she speaks about love and marriages again, he sigh and nods seriously.
'You are right, Emilie, as the common man I was born I totally agree with you, my own parents married out of love as well and were happy, too...'he frowns, then continues.
'But you must understand that for the old nobility marriages are a way to secure their property, their incomes and their appearances, so they marry their children to suitable candidates. And that also applies to royal marriages, where not just two people but two countries unite themselves!

Royal children know from birth that their personal interest is subordinate to the collective interest... it's their fate, this will never change, I'm afraid. They just have to make the best of it.
And my dear friend Francis...'
he smiles indulgent. 'I do think he loves queen Claude and respects her... and I even think their marriage is rather happy... if only he could control his own lust to chase every woman he meets!' he finishes his sentence grimm.

When she speaks warmly and appreciative about Joan and his'relation, he smiles radiantly again.
'Yes, we have united our souls indeed...' he kisses Joan's cheek but when he turns back to Emilie he senses the sadness underneath and he sigh inaudible, he recalls what she told him about her secret love and the way it has ended just recently.

You are still young, Emilie, you will find love... and you know it took Joan and me several years too to come together again... I know, I know, it was my stiff stubbornness which witheld us' he speaks to Joan who squeezes his hand 'but luckily Joan is even more stubborn than I am and also very patient... and love prevails after all, as I have encountered'.he kisses Joan's hand and holds it close on his chest.
'I hope for you that your lost love will also realize this soon, dear Emilie, and if not... he is not worth you, you deserve the best!'

Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:33 am

Emilie smile to him.

I love to debate to and I can't prevent from telling my opinion and defend it when it's about a topic that make me feel implicated, but I don't like either to argue with someone I love and estimate, so I hope that we will not argue again even if indeed, we can't be sure that it will not happen !

She nodd.

I know it, Thomas, as I said I am a the daughter of a king and a countess, so I have see many noble marriages around me while my childhood in France and I know what royal marriages are, my father explained me thoses in our family while telling me about our family's history ... I just find it's a shame that it's work like that and hope that this reality will change with time.

She smile.

And I seen a few nobles marriages where the husband and the wife had choices each others among another possible matchs, under their parents's advice and autorisation of course, but in being in love and having choice each others for it ... so it's possible, even for nobles people.

Emilie listen to him attentively.

I don't know their couple enough for can judge about it, I just hope that Claude who is also my half-sister is happy in her marriage, in spite of her husband's unfaithfullness ... at last it have bring her many children, they are the most fertile royal couple in Europe from what I know !, nine children ... ten if you count the little Charlotte who is death some years ago ... she had the same name as my little sister who is death of illness in early age, when I was still a child myself.

She smile in looking at them, feeling moved and melancolical at the same time, she is surprised in listening to him, as he seem to catch and understand her emotion and what she have in her mind, she nod,d even if having no real hope.

I know ... I am still young

Thinking that she is young and beautiful for nothing and for nobody since she is in love with nobody, aside maybe still with her lost love in spite of herself and nobody is really in love with her either, even if her suitors pretend that they are.
Though, she smile slighty, feeling happy for her friends to have find such a happiness together and nodd again.

I hope so too ... if he don't, I will know that he really don't love me anymore and that I must renounce to him, for ever.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:31 pm

awww *she kisses Thomas' cheek softly and then looks at Emelie tenderly and smiles* oh my sweet girl ofcourse you'll find true love, life is not easy, specially nowadays but I'm sure you'll be happy and you'll find a father for your beautiful daughter *smiles at her*
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm

'If we keep open about our feelings and tell eachother when we are hurt I am sure we might argue again but never offend eachother anymore... ' he smiles warmly.

"And.... don't take this wrong Emilie, but I am still surprised about your talents to argue. It is very rare, at least here in England that women discuss things and have an opinion at all! I only know a few of them, my own Joan of course, and the Queen herself also has a strong opinion, unfortunately the opposite of mine, well...' he shrugs and frowns.

He is silent for a while, reflecting, not willingly to talk about the queen and her possible successor, lady Anne.
'Very soon the trial starts, Emilie, will you attend?' he asks her curious.

He thinks about his friend Francis, from whom he has not heard recently and who does not reply his desperate letters.
'Oh yes, their marriage is blessed with many children indeed, if only Henry and Catherine were blessed as well with so many surviving children, especially sons...' he shakes his head.

When Joan talks to Emilie and assures her that she will find her true love, he smiles and rubs Joan's hand on his chest.
'Ahh... I am sure indeed, you will find your true love, Emilie. Meanwhile, Joan and I will do our best to contribute to your happiness.'
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 pm

She nodd.

Indeed, it's important to can tell each others openly when we are hurted, so we can resolve the matter and reconciliate, even if we had argue.

She sigh at his answer, she isn't surprised.

I don't take it badly, I am not surprised since myself I rarely heard women discuss about topics like that that don't concern them directly in their pratical life, but no many men either !, I think that many people hadn't really interested on topics for which I would discuss and when they have, it's often influenced by other people's opinions ...

She reflect and add.

And I think that some women who have opinions and would like to discuss, hide it and don't do so because they has been educated like that ... others by modesty or cowardise.

She shrugg.

Myself I can't prevent from discuss about topics that are important me, tell openly my opinions and defend it, even if sometimes it can lead me to argue.

She smile and answer him.

I am sure that you like that ! and would has been bored by a lady who hadn't opinions nor convictions or who never tell about them ! ...

She bite her lips, hesitating about how to answer about Catherine.

Indeed she have ideas, rather fixeds ... but they seem to be second-hands ones that come directly from her family and education ... I think everyone in Spain have the same ideas as her ...

She take a deep breath, hoping to hadn't been desagreable to him in evocating what she think of the queen's ideas that are radically opposites to hers, even more than to his !
She can't prevent from smiling slighty as he talk about the trial, thinking that it's maybe a chance for the things avance more fastly and finally annulement or divorce happening.
And then there will be a new queen, her friend Anne, a true english lady, who will serve fully England's interests only, who have protestants ideas, like herself and who is probably close to France since she did live there ...

Of course, I will come, it's a opportunity for make advance the things and should be passionating to follow !

Emilie think that if they had a son, changing would had never happen in England, no before a very very long time, she wouldn't has been still alive for see it happening, especially with Catherine's child on the throne.
She would had educate him for serve Spain's interests before everything, even before England's interest, it's would has been as if spanish Emperor did take the power in England and control it directly ! and he would had ! the position of France would has been terrible without possibility of alliance with England
Though she feel sad in thinking to these babies deaths so early, especially thoses deaths after their birth who has had the time to suffer, and to how much the king must have suffer of it ! It isn't surprising that he have end by thinking that his marriage is damned and now, she is too old.

She turn to Joan, touched by her words, smile to her and answer her.

I am yet happy, Joan, I have a wonderful daughter, many good friends like you around me, a great castle, a good situation and fortune and a school that I have found myself ... I have more than what I could had dream to have ... and Olympe have yet a father who will always remain her father ... I hope that someday, I will find true love again and that he will be a second father for Olympe ...

She turn to Thomas, still smiling.

You yet contribuate to my happiness very much, my friends !

Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Trial's day has arrived. The whole court was preparing to leave for Blackfriars. Geoffrey entered in the room and bowed deeply. He noticed the Cardinal was not alone

Your Eminence...I'm here to help you to dress up for Trial...

He said, lowering his eyes. Then bowed at two ladies with his head
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:38 pm

He smiles and nods, but before he can answer the door opens and Geoffrey enters. He sigh, he needed this relaxed moments with his most beloved to reduce the tension but of course his most loyal and diligent servant George (Cavendish) has sent this servant much too soon, to be sure he will be ready in time.

He lowers his head, closes his eyes for a moment to change the setting, then kisses Joan on her cheek and smiles apologetic to Emilie.

'Well, I guess it's time to leave you again, sweet ladies. I'll see you tonight, Joan, and Emilie, I see you in a few hours, I hope.'

He stands up, nods at Geoffrey and walks ahead of him to his cloak room.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Emilie look at the servent as he enter, a bit saddened to learn that her friends have to leave for good this time and she decide that it's time for her daughter and her to return to their rooms, so she get up and answer him.

In this case, I think it's better we leave too, I have yet take a lot of your time, I hope we can see each others again soon, don't hesitate to come to knock at my door when you will have a little time.

She join the sofa where her daughter is napping, she lift her up in her arms delicately for don't awake her, turn to Joan and tell her.

I hope to see you again soon too, Joan, good day to you too.

She carry her daughter until the doorway, bow to them and add.

Goodday, my friends.

She leave the room.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's Private room   Wolsey's Private room - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's Private room
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8