The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber

Go down 
+3
Katherine of Aragon
Margaret of Austria
Charles Brandon
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I619816_camregina
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 am

Margaret approaches slowly the Queens' room. She wants to see her sister-in-law and comfort her as she has heard terrible rumours about the King wanting to sererate from her.
A servant bars her way with a strict face and she smiles at him.

Please will you announce me to Her Majesty? My name is Margaret of Austria, regent of the Low Lands on behalf of Charles the Emperor and also a sister-in-law of Her Majesty, I was married to her brother John...
She waits patiently while he enters the room.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 am

After a short while the servant returns, shaking his head.
' Her Majesty is not here, she attends Mass...' Margaret nods understanding.
Thank you, I'll come back another time. She walks away, lost in thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm

On my way to my chambers, I see a figure outside my rooms straight away. I fear I may have seen a ghost ,for I recognize her instantly. She turns and faces me. I gasp with excitement and pleasure..
I indicate for my ladies to leave me, and as I turn to do so, I notice that on our way back to my chambers. The three Boleyn girls have gone..
"My ladies, please inform his Majesty that I will be breaking my fast in my chambers today. Please send a page boy with some food"
They all look at me inquisitively. Then I see lady Maria De Salinas hurrying them away, averting their eyes. I turn to the guard's who bows, allowing me and Maggie to enter. Once we are both inside and the doors shut, I take her hands and kiss her on both cheeks
"My dear sister, I am so thrilled to see you"
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Margaret does not look up as she walks through the corridor, but suddenly she hears the rustle of skirts behind her and when someone gasps, she turns around to see what's going on.
She regognizes her immediately but is shocked to see the changes in her once so beautiful sister-in-law. It is long ago that they have seen each other so naturally she is become older- just like herself-, but she looks so sad and quenched.
Margaret smiles warmly at her and waits patiently on her orders to the servants, then follows her into the room. She squeezes softly her hands and kisses her back, smiling widely.

Oohh, my dear sister, I thought I've missed you, I'm so happy to see you again!
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:22 pm

"Ohh Margaret, my dearest sister, you have no idea how happy I am to see your face once again. A face I recognized and trust. But ,my darling sister, how did you get here? Wolsey spy's are everywhere! They watch mine and my friends every move" I see in her face she does not fully understand the enormity of my troubles
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Margaret smiles and shrugs.
I just ran to your quarters, my sweet sister, am I not fully free to move in the castle? Frowning she looks at her worried face.
Spy on you? Why should he? And... does the King know about this? It's... ridiculous! She speakes outraged and hugs Katherine again, wondering if she might be overly suspicious and if not, what possibly could be going on.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 pm

"Sister, the King orders it. Anything the King hold against me in order to get a divorce. But I will not sign, I am the true Queen of England!"
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Of course you are, dear sister! And you will always be! So these rumours are true, he really wants a divorce.
Margaret frowns and smiles encouraging at her.
Please, tell me everything, but first I send you the love of your nephew, the Emperor Charles and he assures you to help you as much as he can! And so will I, sweet sister, after all, we are family.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

"You must tell him he must talk to the Holy Roman Emperor on my behalf, he is a Prince of our faith. Surely my nephew can persuade the Holy Father to not allow this divorce for it is unorthodox . Yes, the rumors are true. Which is why we don't have much time. I am spied on all the time, my letters opened and read, followed and people pass on what I mutter during prayers. They all report to the King and Wolsey.."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Margaret listens at her with horror and holds her hand tightly.
My sweet sister... I had no idea you suffer that much! Of course our nephew Charles will persuade the Holy Father to not allow your divorce, after all, the former Pope approved it and gave you dispensation! How can he revoke an earlier decision without any reason? Keep faith, and stay strong, dear Cathy, you have been his wife for so long, he can't just put you beside!
She looks at Catherine with compassion and caress her cold hand.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:33 pm

"God has given me great strength in this matter until now, and I fear I may fall at any time. You have no idea how pleased I am to see you, and have you close. For I fear the fight is near to an end, and I am loosing. My sister, I am over. I suffer in silence, for I will not make any noise other than prayers of strength and the denial of any case they put before me. But for I now we deserve all the trials and punishments God sends before us, for I know this is the hardest one I have ever had to face. If only I had had a live living son, my place would be secure from any slander. My dear sister, for I never ask of anything for myself, I beg you now please... please help me! Stay with me, support me..."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Margaret feels deeply touched by her words and saves her arms around her.
Dear sister... don't give up, you are not alone! God gives grief to strength... keep praying and He will not abandon you. You are a child of Ferdinand and Isabella who were both strong and proud and never gave up! I promiss you I will never let you down either! We are family and we support eachother, like you supported me when my husband and your brother Juan died. I will stay here as long as possible and be at your side, just tell me what I can do for you to comfort you and soften your sufferings.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I smile at her and grab her hand. And I feel a little tear running down my face "Thank you.." I manage to whisper
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 am

Her heart aches to see her strong-headed sister so fragile and she is silent for a while, just holds her gently and let her come to herself. After a while she whispers comforting at her.
Sshh... everything will be just fine... he will heave... he always loved you deeply... and the English people love you too...

She shakes her head over so much dishonesty.
My dear sister... is there no one here at court to support you? What about sir Thomas More, he is close to Henry, too!
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

"I have a few... and yes Thomas, it's good to me and supports me openly. But there are others who supports me. I am sure who are not as open and honest and him... for fear of the King, and how he will act towards them. Wolsey takes my ladies away and gives me more and other. I know some are in his pay to spy on me. I do not know who is friend and who is not. I have just received a new lady. I know i can trust her father i know well, her name is Elizabeth Craven, but I fear she may get drawn in like all the others into Anne and her beauty. It would appear no one is exempt from it.."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Margaret frowns and gestures to a servant to bring some water for Katherine.
Has everyone gone mad here...? she murmurs to herself while her sister takes a few sips.

She takes one hand in hers and smiles encouraging at her.
Well, in any case, you have me! And our nephew the Emperor, who will not let you down and has the power to stop the Pope to grant a divorce. About Anne... you know she stayed at my court for more than a year and though she was a sweet and earnest child at the time, I will never forgive her for bringing so much grief and sadness upon you!
Be careful though, sweet sister, her father is a very ambitious man and you should indeed not trust anyone... There is one thing though I don't understand. Is there no one who can talk Henry out of this? Not even his closest friends or advisors? ... And what about Cardinal Wolsey, he is a clergyman, he can't possibly agree with Henry, not about this! Have you talked to him, my sister, he is the closest man to the king and should help you on behalf of the catholic faith?!

Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:20 pm

It was night. Geoffrey entered in the chamber followed by Queen's ladies. He bowed at Katherine and lady Margaret

Your Majesty...the King is here...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:33 pm

I nod in thanks
"Sister, I ask one think of you. Please, look and watch over one of my ladies, Elizabeth Craven. She is so young, but fights for my cause. She came to me today, and told me things about Wolsey. He asked her to spy on me, he has turned my ladies against me. He is not what he seems it would appear! He is on the side of the King and not the Lord. But promise me.."
I grip her arm "Please, look after Lizzie.."
Then I drop her arm as the King enters
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Margaret smiles encouraging at Katherine.
Don' t worry dear sister, I will look after her... and take care, in my thoughts I will be by your side. she whispers.

She hugs her for a moment and walks out of the room. At the door she meets the King and she makes a curtsey.
Your Majesty... she keeps her eyes low to prevent herself from looking angrily at him. She would love to tell him what she thinks of the whole situation but this is not the right moment, so she leaves the room quietly.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Geoffrey bowed deeply and stepped back, letting the King coming in. Then he left the room
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Henry entered in the room wearing his nightgown. He smiled weakly at lady Margaret and waited for Katherine's ladies to prepare her for night. Once she was ready, he reached her into bed, helped by a servant. After sending him away, he turned to her

Why don't you try to be more reasonable, Katherine?

Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I638029_Letto
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 am

With shock at this out burst, I reply
"I am being reasonable! It is you who will not be reasonable!"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Henry leaned back his head against pillow and sighed deeply

Sometimes...sometimes I think that you hate me, Katherine!
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

"Hate you... Henry, I love you. Can't you see I love you? I am your wife!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber   Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katherine of Aragon's bedchamber
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next