The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Great Hall

Go down 
+39
Jane Parker
Grace de Velville
Charles Brandon
Anthony Denny
Elizabeth Bryan
Anne Bassett
Dorothy Seymour
Louis Castillon
Clement Smyth
Mary Sheldon
Joan Fitzgerald
Anne Lumley
Madeline Stuart
Katherine Tudor
Frederick I of Denmark
Maria Enriquez de Luna
John Seymour
Thomas Wyatt
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
Nicholas Carew
Benjamin Baines
Catherine Parr
George Boleyn
Niklaus Petrovin
Mark Smeaton
Thomas More
Eustace Chapuys
Ursula Misseldon
Charlotte Rosenauer
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Boleyn
William Stafford
Francesca Benedetti
Jane Bassett
Mary Tudor
Elizabeth Crawley
Anthony Knivert
Francis Bryan
Angelique LaMarnier
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Great Hall - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 am

I have made my way back to England as England has become to feel more like home to me that Tuscany. His Majesty King Henry has been so good to me in letting me stay at his court that I may just make England my permanent home. I wander into the Great Hall, grabbing a goblet from a passing servant, and I walk about, talking with some people that I know.
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 am

Francesca Benedetti wrote:
I have made my way back to England as England has become to feel more like home to me that Tuscany.  His Majesty King Henry has been so good to me in letting me stay at his court that I may just make England my permanent home.  I wander into the Great Hall, grabbing a goblet from a passing servant, and I walk about, talking with some people that I know.

I have just arrived in England from Denmark I have come to meet the King of England and hopefully make treaties with him. I decided to walk down to the main hall and meet some of the English courtiers. As I arrive in the main hall a beautiful English lady catches my attention. I make my way up to her and *bow* *kissing her hand*. "My Ladies, thou is more beautiful than any rose here in England. "
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 am

Suddenly I hear a deep male voice come up behind me and it startles me. I turn around, stand up and immediately curtsy. Your Majesty, I say softly in my Italian accent. I bid you Welcome to England, my home away from home. I begin to blush as his words begin to sink in.
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am

Francesca Benedetti wrote:
Suddenly I hear a deep male voice come up behind me and it startles me.  I turn around, stand up and immediately curtsy.  Your Majesty, I say softly in my Italian accent.  I bid you Welcome to England, my home away from home.  I begin to blush as his words begin to sink in.

"My Lady, you are to kind." I look into her eyes for a long moment and then say "Care for some wine? " I look her up and down and have yet to see a woman as attractive as the woman in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:40 am

Yes, I would love some wine. Smiling, I sit down at the nearest table and he follows and proceeds to sit down next to me. I am a bit surprised that a man, let alone a King, is speaking to me. I mean, I have been a disgrace to Navarre and in the process, I lost my husband and daughter. What brings you to England Your Majesty?
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:53 pm

We both take a seat and I call to my groom "Come bring sweet wine for us". I look at her blond hair and angelic blue eyes becoming entranced. I smile to her and say " I am here to see England and all of its glory, and hopefully to talk Politics with Henry VIII. " As my groom brings us both wine I pause and sip the wine and then say "enough about me I want to know about you." I smile slightly as I look into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:00 pm

His Majesty is a good man I must say. He has been so kind to me as of late. I freeze when he says he wants to know more about me. My story is a bit sad Your Majesty, kind of horrible. I take a deep breath and continue on, not hiding a thing, I was married to Henry II of Navarre and I was very happy believe it or not. I loved him deeply and together, him and I have a daughter, Madeleine. I take another deep breath, Someone told me that my marriage to Henry was annulled so I ended up with the Duke of Genoa. As was the case, my marriage was not annulled and I technically committed adultery. So I lost my husband and I rarely ever see my daughter. I feel tears starting to form. I look away to hide my shame.
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

I see sadness come across her face as she tells me her tragedy. I embrace her as I can not tolerate to see such a sweet woman so distraught. "Oh my Lady, What a tragic happening if we were wed I am most assured that I could never let a woman a sweet and good hearted woman as thyself out of my embrace. I kiss her cheek and see her blush "I pray thee forgiveness for my forward nature. " All the world seems to fall away as I hold her in my arms. By far she is the most beautiful and intriguing woman I have ever laid my eyes upon.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I smile, It is very nice to hear that someone believes in me. I pick up my goblet and take a drink. I have been pretty much shunned since this all happened. No one believed my side and I don't know. Thank You for making me smile again. I cannot help but to blush. You were not being too forward Your Majesty and besides, I would marry again if someone was willing to give me a chance. I am not this horrible person that people have made me out to be.
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I look at her smiling "A woman as angelic as thyself could never be horrible. " I playfully run my fingers through her hair tucking it behind her ear. I look into her eyes and kiss her passionately forgetting we are at the English court and that courtiers on look our ever move. "I would be honored to we a woman as honorable as yourself. The King of Navarre is a very unlucky man for losing a Queen of your Beauty and Grace. "
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Our lips melt in a passionate kiss that I haven't felt from a man in so long. For that brief moment, there is no one else in the room but us. I pull away from him, You wish to marry me? I am a bit confused. Henry of Navarre lost me but I am for someone else to gain now.
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I pull away from her and look into her eyes "I have only known you for a short time but I have never felt as connected to someone as I have to the. I wish to make you Queen of Denmark. " I kiss her and then say " I would be the luckiest man alive to gain the love a woman such as yourself. "
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 pm

My jaw drops and I am nearly speechless. Of course I will be your Queen if that is what you desire. We both lean in again and kiss even more feverishly than before. When shall we wed?
Back to top Go down
Frederick I of Denmark
King of Denmark
Frederick I of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Wishing to avoid the opportunity of being forbid to wed the Ex- Queen by my counselors I quickly say "we shall marry in secret as soon as your are ready. Once we are wed I shall write to my counselors in Denmark then they will have to accept you as my valid and true wife. Once we are wed we can travel far away lands together on diplomatic peaces talks you as my wife and one true love. " I look into her eyes praying she will be okay with this kind of life style .
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:57 pm

I chuckle slightly, still a bit amazed and speechless. I am to be a Queen again! Frederick seems to not care of what has happened to me but looks forward to a future with me. I lean in and whisper, Lets get married right now!
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I enter the Great Hall, floating across the floor with my ladies trailing behind me. The announcer booms my name; "Her Highness, the Princess Elizabeth!"
Courtiers fall into bows and curtsies as I pass, mumbling and muttering my assorted titles "Your Grace", "My Princess" and "Your Highness"...I smile at all of them but they become a blur to me; I look around the room, hoping to see someone I might know...or someone who would speak to me. My absence from court had left me unaware of courtiers and their positions.
Back to top Go down
Eustace Chapuys
Spanish Ambassador
Eustace Chapuys

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Eustace just returned to court and decided to visit the Great Hall to see what was going on. He took a drink and looked up in surprise as he heard the announcer booming the name of Elizabeth Tudor. He waited for a moment and then approached her, bowing deeply with elegance.

Your Highness, most welcome to court, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Eustace Chapuys, the Spanish ambassador.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:18 pm

"Your excellency" I bow my head and smile graciously "I am honoured to meet you..Me siento muy honrado!" Smiling brightly,  I look at the Spanish Ambassador. "I must apologise, Excellency, the announcer got my name wrong...I am the Princes Katherine." I blush, hoping it hasn't caused any offence to the Emperor's ambassador.
"It is because I look like my Lady Mother...The sisters at the Nunnery I lived at used to call me "Little Elizabeth" after the late Queen." I laugh nervously.
Back to top Go down
Eustace Chapuys
Spanish Ambassador
Eustace Chapuys

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 am

He smiled warmly as she spoke to him in Spanish.

El placer es mutuo, me siento muy honrado de conocerte, princesa Katherine. he said, bowing once more.
I never had the honor to meet your mother but I imagine you look like her, I heard that she was a beautiful woman. he said gently.
I never saw you before, your highness, did you arrive at court recently? I was away myself for some weeks.he added.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 am

"Thank you your Excellency, I was raised by my Aunt Catherine and then educated in a Nunnery" I smile warmly at the Ambassador. "I have lived most of my life away from court, but now have come to join my family."
Flattening my gown subtly "How is his Majesty, the Emperor...I have heard tales of the great Charles of Hapsburg." I smile sweetly, looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Eustace Chapuys
Spanish Ambassador
Eustace Chapuys

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm

He nodded and smiled again.
I hope you will have a good time at court, even in these troubled times.

She asked him about the Emperor and he watched her closely before he spoke with care.
The Emperor is fine, though he has many sorrows, such as the Ottomans who he is fighting at the moment in Vienna. He also has to pay attention to his Low Lands since their regent died and his sister Mary of Hungary took over the reign on his behalf. And then there is the advance of the Lutherans and finally he worries about his aunt who is in such pains - here in England. he said meaningfully, still watching her without blinking his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I sigh, saddened by the plight of my Sister-in-Law "I am truly sorry for the Queen; nobody deserves to be pushed aside so awfully...but especially not her Majesty." I look at him and smile warmly "It must be of great concern to his Imperial Majesty! I pray the Henry can be reconciled with his wife...but your Excellency is right; these are truly troubled times."
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 am

The gown trails from behind me, sweeping across the floor as I enter the Great Hall. I am announced "Her Highness, the Princess Madeline of Scotland." Raising my head imperiously, I step forward and make my way through the crowds with great self assurance. I was daughter of the Unconquered Nation; of the royal blood and a Scots beauty.
This was a foreign court to me and I felt safe behind my small smile. My Brother had sent me here and I was to make the most of it...The English seem pleasant enough but I did not know many of them and hoped silently to find some friends amongst them!
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 am

Ben stayed silent as he watched the princess Katherine make her way about the room, until his eye wandered to a new woman who entered the room; another princess. He had a weakness for them and this one in particular was the Scottish princess. He made his way to her and introduced himself. "Your highness, welcome to England." He bowed his head. "My name is Benjamin Baines, Duke of Penbroke, and it's an honor to make your acquaintance."
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:25 pm

"Your Grace" I curtsey slightly; showing polite deference. "It is a pleasure to meet you" Looking at him, I lift my chin regally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Hall
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next