The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anne of Cleves's bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

I nodded in understanding. ''I will help you with her bath and for medicine my dear lady in waiting can help...''I said and mentioned for my lady to come closer.''I trust her with my life.'' I said to Hildegard .
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Hildegarde, looking at Sybille with a serious air, nodd.

Allright, then, it's should be right.

She turn to the lady and explain her in the main lines the art of preparing properly the medecines with the plants and the specificities of the most used plants, showing well the very complete knowledges that she have of the plants and the long lasting practice that she have for prepare them, efficient and self-confident, she add that she will write more detailed instructions in a paper that she will let on the table and turn to Sybille.

Mylady, I also need a writing material and some papers to be prepared, upon the table, so I can write the instructions for her and a censer, the air need to be purified.

She join the window, open it, then join her bag and take two little bag from it, one full of incense and other of myrrhe, then she go to the bed, lean over Anne, put a hand on her forehead and other on her wrist, concentrate intensely and try to transmit her some of her strenghts, then she release her and join again Sybille.

Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm

I nodded and gestured to the writing table to her.''Here you have paper and ink...Do you need anything else?''
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Hildegarde nodd.

Yes, I also need a sheet watered with alcool, any kind of alcool, it don't matter, a handkerchief and a bowl of hot water.

She turn to Sybille's lady in waiting, Sophia.

Mylady,, when the patient will have recover her consciousness, you will have to prepare for her, three times a day : a grog with cinnamoon, lemon and clove, a infusion of garlic, lemon and ginger and a infusion of echinacea, elderberry flower and bark pussy willow and at evening, a infusion of thyme, lime and camomile. I will write this on the paper along with the instructions for prepare it properly.

She turn to Sybille again and tell her for reassure her.

It's the better medicines that I know against flu and fever, so, if your sister recover her consciousness, I can tell you, she will recieve the better remedies possible.

She join the table and write the list of treatment with precision along with the way to prepare it and place it on the table, someone knock at the door and Sophia open the door, two servent enter carry a wood tub that they place on the floor, and leave, then many another servents enter carrying wood buckets of tepid water and fill the tub with it, leave at their turn, Hildegard turn again to Sybille.

We can put Anne in her bath now.
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I nodded to her and told the servant to bring everything she needs.''Thank you,my lady....With your help I am sure that she will be better soon.''I said with hope in my voice.''The bath is ready''I said and helped her to put my sister in bath.
Back to top Go down
Inge Bergmann
Lady-in-waiting
Inge Bergmann

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 pm

After the party, Inge wondered if Anne was alright. Then, worried for her health, she knocked at the door

"Anne...may I come in?"
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Hildegard go to the bed's edge, take the sheets off Anne, carry her to the bath with Sybille's help, put her in the tepid water and lean her down in the tube, take off her nightgown, give her to a maid who take it and open the door as Inge knock to it, courtsey to her and leave.
Four maids who was waiting in the corridor enter the room, two of them carrying clean sheets, two of them take off the sheets and leave, the two others put the clean ones, leave at their turn, while this time Hildegard lean delicately's Anne's head to the tub's edge, take a sponge, wash her fastly, then immerge a cloth in it and put it on her forehead and look at her face, wishing to see a sign that she would recover her consciousness, the she turn to Sybille.

I hope that it will succed in diminuating the fever, I will let her in it half an hour, maximum.

Three another servent enter the room, one carring the sheet impregnated with alcool, another carrying a handerkerchief and the third a bowl of hot water, Hildegard take the sheet and place it upon the bed, then take the bowl in which she put some drop essential oils of pine and fir tree, place it upon the stove for purify and cleanse the air.
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I was helping Hildegard when I heard knock at the door.''Come in'' i said and then looked at Hildegard again.''I hope that this will make her feel better....My lady.what else I can do to help you.''I asked wanting to help in any way I can.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Hildegarde smile sadly to her.

As long as she remain inconscious, we can't do more than what she yet do, trying to make fall her fever ... afterward, we will wrapp the sheet impregnated with alcool around her body, it's should be efficient too for cold down her, I will do the maximum I can do, can't promess about the issue, it's her own willing to fight for survive and the strenghts that remain in her body that will determinate the issue of it.

She look at Anne, wishing the fever will fall, looking for sign of amelioration, but can't tell for now if she will get better.
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm

I nodded sadly and said weakly.''So we just need to wait now?You are already doing everything you can and I am very grateful for it.''I said honestly.
Back to top Go down
Inge Bergmann
Lady-in-waiting
Inge Bergmann

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 am

Inge entered in the room and saw Anne lying on bed. She looked at Sybille and closed the door behind her, when she saw another woman in the room. She gulped and turned to Sybille again

"Sybille, how his Anne? There is something I can do for her?"

She asked hesitantly, glancing at the woman
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

I looked Inge weakly.''She is not well....She have high fever and we can not wake her up.''I said sadly and then turn to Hildegarde.''My lady this is Inge the lady in waiting to Anne.''
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Hildegarde listen to Sybille talking with the lady who entered, turn to her and bow briefly.

Mylady ...

Then she turn again to Anne, take a cloth that she immerge in the tepid water of the bathand place on her forehead, observing her attentively, looking for some signs of consciousness, then she turn to Sybille.

I hope that it make her some good, we need to let her r a few more minutes, afterward, I will need some help for put her back on her bed and wrapp her in the sheet impregnated with alcool, usually it's efficient for diminuate fever.
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm

I looked at Hildegarde and nodded in understanding.''You think that this will help her?''I asked with hope in my voice.''I will help you with that.''
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Hildegarde nodd slowly.

It's should help, I can't be sure but usually it's effficient.

She nodd, then tell her.

There is something you could for help her, when we will have put her back on her bed ... you can talk to her, it's could give her the moral strenght and willing to fight for survive and come back to life and reassure her too ... many of my patients who has been insconscious told me afterward that they could hear what was told in the room.
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

I nodded in understanding.''Yes I can do that....I will do anything just if it helps her.''
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Hildergarde tell her.

Good ... now we can put her back on her bed.

Hildegarde wrapp firmly her arms around Anne's chest, under her arms while Sybille take her legs and together, they lift her and carry her carefully to the bed where they do lay down her upon the sheet impregnated with alcool, slip her in a thin shift and and wrapp the impregnated sheet around her, then settle her more comfortably in the bed, leaning her head to the pillow.
Short of breath from effort, Hildegarde pant, then she turn to Sybille and tell her in a reassuring tone, putting her hand on her shoulder, seeing well the distress she feel to see her sister in this state.

She is well settled like that, there is nothing more you can do as long as she is in this state, aside sat near to the bed and talk to her if you feel like that.

Hildegard take a pair of socks that she immerge in the water of the bath and put them on Anne's foots, then she take a cloth that she immerge too and place upon the girl's forehead, then seeing nothing more she could do for her for now, she add.

I leave you alone with her, you surely need some intimacy, I will be back in a short moment, allright ?
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

I helped her to put Anne in bed again and then I sat on the bed next to my sister.''Yes that is fine....Your room is across this one so if you need to change or anything.''I said softly,and then turn to Anne again taking her hand in mine.''Sister it is me Sybille...I love you so much,please wake up for me.''
Back to top Go down
Inge Bergmann
Lady-in-waiting
Inge Bergmann

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 am

Inge looked at the woman and curtsied. Once she looked better, she recognized Hildegarde, the woman known as a witch in her village and she became pale

"Nice to meet you, my lady. I'm Inge, Anne's lady in waiting. If I can help ypu..."

She looked at Sybille and tried to smile
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 pm

I looked up at Inge pale face and asked worriedly.''Are you alright,Inge?''
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hildegarde nodd to Sybille and pat her shoulder in a nearly maternal way, trying to comfort her.

Allright, see you soon.

She turn leave, then as the blond girl adress her, she look at her and bow.

Thank you, but I yet have done everything that could be done for now, with her grace's help, I will ask you later when I will need some help for care of her.

She turn to look at her patient and sigh in seeing the girl showing no sign of recover her consciousness, then she leave.
Back to top Go down
Inge Bergmann
Lady-in-waiting
Inge Bergmann

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Inge nodded after Sybille's question. She tried to smile

"Oh yes...of course. I'm alright, Sybille..."

She watched the woman leaving the room and turned towards Anne's bed

"Anne! How do you feel? Can you hear me?"

She looked worriedly at Sybille
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

I smiled weakly to Hildegarde and as she left I turn to Inge.''Are you sure you look very pale?''I asked worridly and then looked at my sister again.''Anne!Do you here us?''
Back to top Go down
Inge Bergmann
Lady-in-waiting
Inge Bergmann

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am

Inge nodded with a weak smile

"I am alright, Sybille, thank you. It's just...that I know that woman. She is known as a witch in my village. But Anne trusts in her, I don't know why..."

She turned towards Anne and took her hand
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm

I looked at Inge raising my eyebrows.''A witch?You know that I don't believe in such things.I think that is just a gossip,that people created for her since she is little different.Anyway witch or not she is only one who can help Anne.''I said and then looked at my sister again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Cleves's bedroom   Anne of Cleves's bedroom - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne of Cleves's bedroom
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next