The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Margaret More's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Thomas noticed her silence. It was more talktive than one thousand words. He sighed and leaned softly his hand on hers

What are you thinking about, sweetheart? I know you never accepted Alice in our family. But remember one thing: no one can replace you and your brother and sisters in my heart. You're my daughter. And I'd give my life for you...

He said trying to catch her eyes
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:20 pm

'As I would give my life up for you if needs be.'

This was heavy talk she never liked to think of her farther dying especially to save her own life it would be terrible thing.

'I can try to accept her because I am trying hard to see it from you're point of view but I don't have children except from my books to others that does sound odd.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Thomas caressed softly her cheek before smiling

My beloved Margaret...you'll always remain my little princess. No matter what. Whatever happens in my life, it won't change my love for you. One day you'll be a mother, and then you'll remember my words and you'll undertand me fully...

He said, noticing how much she still needed his attentions and his affection
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:25 am

'I already am a mother to my passion of the arts the arts are more easier to love than humans.'

Margaret smiled back at him how did her farther see her through his eye's. She knew that their was an bond much more stronger than her siblings. Margaret never liked to rub their noses in this fact as that would be cruel and very unfair.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Thomas smiled nodding slowly

This can be true, Margaret. But sometimes...animals are easier to love too. You know how much I love animals. And...I have a gift for you...

He clapped his hands, and a servant entered with a little, white dog. He looked intently at her face to see her reaction

I just thought that it could make you company while you're working at your arts. Hope you like it...Isn't it adorable?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 am

Margaret never remembered having any pets around the house perhaps she would feed the odd cat that would wonder into their house. Oh no a dog just for her Margaret had hoped he had gotten her other siblings a gift maybe not as cute as this.

'Oh papa! I love the dog it is so adorable is it a he or a she.'

Margaret asked with a jolly voice and picked up the dog. It was so fluffy and soft.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Thomas smiled joyfully, seeing her reaction. He kne she would have loved it

It's a he. And you can choose a name for him, of course. I'm happy that you liked it, sweetheart..

He said looking at her soft, cute dog
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am

Margaret breathed in his puppy scent he really was adorable and white.

'Thank you farther he is very lovely I just have to think of what to call him. What made you think of him for me. Have the others got one too as I am sure John will need a much more bigger dog.'

Margaret asked she was joking but she wanted things to be kept civil with all.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Thomas caressed softly the cute, little dog and nodded

Of course...I have a gift for all of you. I know John's tastes...don't worry. He likes adventures and exotic animals. But since I have never been in the New World..I'll bring him something else. So..let's choose a name for this cutie..

He added smiling warmly
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 am

'As long as it is not a snake imagine if it escaped at court people would think it would be a bad omen.'

Margaret laughed lightly her farther would fit right in with the new world.

'I like the name Akkaya it is of a foreign origin but nothing else springs to my mind. Do you have any suggestions papa.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Thomas smiled tenderly looking at her happy face

Akkaya...it sounds like a female name, actually. But if you like it, he'll like it too. I'm happy to see you finally smiling again...

He added with sincere voice
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:05 pm

'Akkaya is Turkish it means white rock after all he is white and I shall need a rock in my life.'

Margaret set him down on the floor placing a saucer full of water for him. Then she returned back to her farther.

'So what plans do you have I very rarely venture into the court anymore so I do not know what is going on.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Thomas laughed shooking his head

Oh I didn't know you knew turkish. Where have you learned it?

He stroked softly the dog looking at her

I'm going to Scotland to attend Princess Mary Rose's children christening, my dear. I'm their godfather..
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:54 am

Margaret blushed shyly how would her farther react to know she had been learning about the Turkish culture in secret. It was best not to tell him so they could enjoyed the moment together.

'I think it appeared somewhere as I was flicking through a book sometime ago. Oh yes I remember you mentioning this some months ago and now the time has come. You must be happy to get away from court for awhile what with the negative air around.'

Pouring some water Margaret offered her farther some.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Thomas took the glass from her hand and smiled

Thank you, darling. Yes, That's a very weird...combination. Because they choosed Cranmer's wife as godmother. She is lutheran...so you can imagine my surprise. But I think everything will be alright. I'm just sorry leaving you here alone, cause Alice will come with me..

He added before taking a sip from water
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Margaret tightened her fingers around her glass taking a very long sip.

'Which one of them knows lady prue. Does this mean that her husband shall be their too. Oh farther it sounds rather funny the gathering of two different godparents. I think I shall keep a low profile here at court I have a new hobby.'

Margaret put down her glass and produced a small book filled with the petals of all different flowers.

'I am keeping a record of all the flowers I encounter that smell beautiful I just need to figure out how to capture the essence.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Thomas took another sip from water and nodded

It looks a bit weird, yes. But at least the Duke and the Princess are both Catholic. And I'm already working...for you to marry a good catholic man, one day. I just want to leave you in good hands, dear Margaret..

He said looking tenderly at her, while the pet was licking jokingly her chin
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Margaret was still afraid about that the catholic faith would die out in England unless their was a secret place.

'People who want to practise our religion are making secret chambers in their houses. Would it not be better to flee to Spain.'

A catholic country would be far much better than to simply just stay here with those of this made up religion.

'Yes I already have my little knight but I am not objecting to marriage I am welcoming it now. As long as the man I marry has a book room for me those are my terms.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Thomas simled ironically shooking his head

That's incredible! Once lutherans had to hide themselves in secret rooms. And now...catholic people do the same! Where shall we arrive? But..don't worry, my darling. Our religion is not forbidden, and this won't happen. Your future husband is a good man. And he will grant you all book rooms you wish..cause he loves books as well...

He smiled rubbing softly her arm. He remembered when she was a child who jumped on his knees. And now she was a beautiful young woman. Children grow up. And with these thoughts in his mind he sighed deeply
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Margaret brighten up as her Farther spoke about the suitor he had carefully choosen for her all these months.

'Yes Farther I am ready and willing to learn more about this man you speak of. I would be broken if you did not live to see me marry and to walk me down the aisle.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Thomas felt very touched by her words and took her hand in his. He smiled

My beloved Margaret..my only wish is to accompany you until the altar in your wedding day. And to see my daughter as a beautiful bride. But..if for some reason I'll have already left this world..I'll be at your side in spirit and I'll watch on you from Heaven..

He caressed lovingly her cheek and then he leaned on her to kiss her forehead. He talked openly about this possibility, cause she was used at such arguments. Since her childhood, he taught her to believe in Heaven and life after death. But noticing her sad eyes, he smiled shooking her head

But this won't happen, my love. I have intention to be there with this poor body, if God allows me..
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Whenever her Farther spoke about him nit being her in body but in spirit it made her cry. Margaret could not help it she wanted him to be alive for when she marries.

'Please do not speak of such things Farther! It is very unnerving. About my future husband do you know who he is yet.'

She added brightly hoping to lift the topic of the mood.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Thomas smiled. He nodded squeezing softly her hand

Of course..you're right, my love. I'm going anywhere..so don't worry. Your future husband...of course I know who he is. His name is William Roper. I saw him once. He is clever, kind...a very good catholic. He is also young and good looking. I'm sure you'll like him..

He answered with a proud smile. His only wish was to see her happy with a worthy man at her side
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 am

Margaret had not heard the name of this man before her Farther must of searched and thought over this decision very hard. Her only wish was that he was not a stick in a mud all work and no play so to speak.

'I have not yet met this man but I have every faith that when the time is right you shall introduce us. Did mother ever know about this William.'

Margaret was trying hard to move on over the loss of her mother but just like the sleepless nights she had about her so to this thought thus entered her mind.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Thomas smiled sadly as she mentioned her mother. He nodded looking at her

Yes..of course she knew about him. But she never met him personally. She had no time..as you know. She approved him. And I'm sure, sweetheart, that she would still approve if she was still with us..

He smiled tenderly caressing softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Margaret More's bedchamber
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next