The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Margaret More's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Thomas sighed. He knew she was talking about his habit to hurt his back during prayers. He took her hand, trying to smile

Sometimes...yes. But not as often as before. Don't worry about me. Fisher and I are safe, like all our family. You're my life, Margaret. I won't allow something bad happen to you...

He said with low voice and with a tender glance in his eyes
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 pm

'Farther that is bad and I gather that you are not in favour with the king at the moment then'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 am

Thomas lowered his eyes for a moment

The King...doesn't follows my advices as he did in old times, my darling. But I'm still his Chancellor, and I'll do my best to defend Queen's cause. Anyone knows yet but...the King ordered to Katherine to leave Palace...

He said sadly raising his eyes again
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:45 am

Margaret looked at her farther shocked

'He may be king but no good can come from this he is pushing aside an anointed queen and crown princess for what a family with power he is simply amoured and he shall regret this! What of princess Mary has she any support at all this is sad beyond words farther'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Thomas caressed her cheek softly, before answering

The Queen and Princess Mary are supported by me, Fisher, Ambassador Chapuys, the Pope...and all good catholics of this country. About the King, we can just pray for him and his soul, my dear. But tell me, what news do you bring me?

He asked with a sweet, fatherly smile
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Margaret nodded understanding her farther but she still had questions about princess Mary

'No news farther but you shall always be the first to know what of me do i have any suitors yet someone creative farther and who treats a lady just and right'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Thomas nodded smiling tenderly

Alice and I already reached an arrangement with Roper's family. They are good catholics. And their eldest son, William..is interested in you. We're still making agree about your dowry. But you'll meet him soon...

He said hoping to reassure her
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Margaret frowned

Can you not make the arrangements on your own you make it sound like slavery
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:27 am

Thomas frowned after her. Then he smiled

Slavery? This is not slavery, my love. I'm thinking about your future giving you a decent man. Are you not happy? Wouldn't you like to marry, one day?

He asked with tender voice
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:23 pm

'Yes farther I would like too but is their no one at court who I can share my poetry with? You have to say nice things about my writing as you are my farther it's in your nature to do so'

Margaret teased him with a smile
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:43 am

Thomas smiled noding slowly

Of course, my dear. You're very talented writer. I think you should share your works with sir Thomas Wyatt. He is the most famous poet at court. I'm so very proud of you...
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Margaret smiled brightly at the prospect of meeting another writer at court.

'Farther is he still at court I have yet to meet another poet. Oh farther you simply must set up a meet and greet between us.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 am

Thomas smiled, nodding after her words

I shall see what I can do. I don't know him very well. And usually he doesn't spend so much time around court. But if I can, I'll help you...

He answered with calm voice
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Margaret smiled

'Has he always been at court farther who does he associate himself with her.'

Margaret wanted to know as much about him as she could
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Thomas sighed. But he smiled indulgently for his daughte's curiosity

Thomas Wyatt is a good poet...an artist. But there are also rumors about him. People says that he was involved with Anne Boleyn. And maybe he still is. I want you to improve in your art. But at the same time...I want you to remain a good catholic, darling...

He explained with firm, but indulgent voice
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Margaret eye's were wide

'Must that women have to ruin everything I shall not have anything to do with him then Farther'

Court really had changed more than a milestone
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 am

Thomas nodded, leaning his hand on his daughter's arm

Indeed, my dear. But if the King will decide to marry her, there is nothing we can do. But I would be more quiet knowing that you're away from all this, especially when I'm away from court. Princess Mary Rose invited me to Scotland to be godfather to her twin princes...

He explained keeping a soft smile on his lips
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:41 pm

'Then I shall just keep Alice More company then how boring'

She smiled upon hearing his news it meant he was still important.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

Thomas cupped gently her cheek with his hand. He nodded

Yes, Alice will keep you company and she'll take care of you. You know she loves you as a real daughter. I shall be back soon. In the meanwhile, behave yourself well. And stay way from womanizers of court...

He added with a serious and amused tone at the same time
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 am

Margaret raised her eye's to the ceiling and laughed

'I shall not speak to a man I shall not attend events either if that does keep you happy as I have not in my mind who these men are that you speak of.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 pm

Thomas smiled, amused by her words

You'll find outit by your self, dear. Just remember: nothing is more precious than your virtue. I want you to be a good catholic. And not like...other ladies around court. I'm sure you won't disappoint me..

He said calmly and meaningfully
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:40 pm

My farther's words were a bit stinging had he no faith in me at all.

'Ye of little faith farther I am not going to lose my virtue over some sweet words and can I not even make friends with other ladies at court I thought you trust me'

Margaret stared at him hurt
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:16 am

Thomas frowned but smiled tenderly. He took his rosary and put it in her hands

I trust you and I love you deeply, Margaret. I just don't trust others. The court could be a dangerous place for a virtuous girl like you. It's full of temptations. Take this rosary. It will protect you against temptations..

He smiled again looking calmly at her

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Margaret took the rosary clasping her hands around his

'Farther I have made a new thread and one day I shall show her my writing she is most keen to read it I know that you are my number one fan. But farther my temptations are different too those others at court '
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Thomas smiled indulgently

I know, my dear. You're a very special girl. And tell me: who is this lady? I'm sure that Alice would appreciate your writing too. I'm so proud of you..

He said holding her cheek in his hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Margaret More's bedchamber   Margaret More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Margaret More's bedchamber
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next