The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anna Stafford's bedchamber

Go down 
+9
Gregory Cromwell
Catalina Stafford Brandon
Catherine Willoughby
Rose Elizabeth James
Charles Brandon
Anne Grey
Anna Stafford
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Madeline Stuart
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

I look at my children as they are delighted at their father's presence and compliments. I push around the food in my plate as I watch Charles chat with the children
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:29 pm

"Charles noticed that Anna didn't touch her food. He reached her hand with his with a curious glance in his eyes"

Don't you like it, Anna? You know that you should eat, in your conditions...

"He said tenderly, glancing at her belly"

Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 pm

I smile at Charles as he looks at me qith concern. I sigh and nod softly.

I do like it Charles....very much so but I fear my stomach is rather unsettled. I still feel ill at times and with certain smells.

I squeeze his hand, feeling so much love for the man who is father to all my children.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:18 pm

"Charles nodded and showed her an understanding smile"

Oh...I see. I think it's rather normal, during pregnancy. Anyway...I insist in order that a midwife visits you. I don't want my child have any risk...

"He added. Then he turned to little Jane and squeezed softly her red cheek with a smile"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 pm

I smile at Charles, pleased to see hie is truly concerned with mine and our unborn child's health. I mod in agreement, to see a midwife. I only wish to please him in any way I can.

Of course, darling! I shall see a midwife as soon as possible.

I take his hand and place it on my stomach

This child was not intended, Charles....but I am thrilled you are so understanding. It makes it easier for me .
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:11 pm

"Charles put his hand on Anna's stomach and smiled"

I just want the best for you both. Oh...and for all of you, of course!

"He added giggling, turning to his children"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 pm

I smile, as i kiss his lips softy the whisper to him.

I understand, Charles! You are the most amazing father a child can ask for. Look at our children....we are blessed.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 pm

"Charles took a piece of his meal and eat it with appetite. He nodded"

Yes...really they are. But just because they have a wonderful mother, too...Oh! Jane...you're too young for drinking wine, I guess. Wait...drink some water, honey..

"He said giggling, noticing that little Jane was holding a glass of wine in her little hands. He poured water to his daughter and caressed her head tenderly"
Back to top Go down
Rose Elizabeth James
Governess
Rose Elizabeth James

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Rose walks until Anna's bedroom, knocked at the door and wait a moment.

"Anna, it's rose, may I come in?"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Anna smiled and looked at them both lovingly. She loved these days in which they all were together like any family, when the ghosts of other women or other children meant nothing at all for them. She loved Charles free-spirited attitude, but she was still weary of some part of his behaviour. But now, he was like one of the children, playing and discussing with them with that smile she adored.

- I think she wants to be like you, Charles. She doesn't stop telling anyone who would hear her that she has the most wonderful dad ever. And somtimes i feel like I should agree with her.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm

"Charles turned towards her with a bright smile and nodded slowly"

They are lucky having a such lovely mother, Anna. You know...I do my best. I'm always busy...and I have a complicated private life. But I love them all...and this one too...

"He added whispering, leaning softly his hand on her belly"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Anna smiles when Charles places a hand on her belly. She felt happiness overwhelm her but she didn't want to alarm her children by crying. She smiled, looking at him, happy he was always there for his children, even if he wasnt there completely for her.

"They are lucky to have someone such as you for their father, even the one still inside me. Even though it was unplanned, our next child will be just as fortunate."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm

"Charles smiled her back and nodded slowly"

You know how much I love them. And I already love this little one still in your womb, Anna. You...made me very proud...

"He sighed and turned towards children with a smile"

Very well, my adored children. Dinner is over, and I think it's time to go to bed. But first...greet warmly your old father!

"He stood up giggling, and took little Jane in his arms. He kissed her cheek and hugged tightly Edward and Catalina, who ran around him. He left Jane in Anna's arms and hugged Charlie, patting softly his shoulder. They were waiting for their governess to bring them to bed"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 am

Anna took Jane from Charles and watched as her older children hug their father. The governess came and took Edward and Catalina the ther bedrooms and prepared them for bed. Charlie went to his bedroom for bed too. Still holding Jane, she looked to Charles.

"You will never cease to make me happy. No matter what anyone says, I know you love us all so very much and will never abandon your children. Now, it's time to get this little one to her crib! Good night, Charles."

She said caressing his cheek before kissing it lightly.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm

"Charles smiled and caressed her cheek. Then sighed and looked directly into her eyes"

Anna...I'd like talking with you, after you put Jane into bed. If you don't mind, of course...

"He said hesitantly, trying to smile at his little girl"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Anna smiled when he touched her cheek. She heard the urgency in his voice and knew something was up.

"I do not mind at all. Give me a moment to put Jane down for the night. Wait right here!"

She said before walking to her daughter's nursery and puts her little nightgown on her and gently places her in her crib, tucking her in softly. She kissed her good night and left the room, closing he door. She goes back to Charles and sits down on a sofa by the fireplace.

"What do you wish to talk about, Charles?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

"Once Anne came back, Charles smiled weakly and sat next to her on the sofa. He could feel the warmth of fire on them. He sighed"

As you said, I will never leave you, Anna. You and our children are the most precious things I have. But...there is something you should know...

"He started to say, looking carefully at her beautiful face"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Anna was afraid to look at him, but she knew she couldn't ignore him, it wasn't her nature.

"What is it? If what you have to tell me is about Nan, I wish not to hear about her or any of it."

She said angrily. Nan had caused her so much strife when it comes to Charles.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

"Charles opened his mouth by surprise. He didn't expect she could mention Nan, and shook slowly his head"

No...Anna. Well, truly...Nan is back at court, as you know. And I admit I wish to stay at her side, especially after our son's death. But...what I'm going to say, is not about Nan. It's about my pupil...

"He replied, almost fearing to meet her eyes"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Anna relaxed some, glad knowing it wasn't about Nan.

"Your pupil, Lady Catherine Willoughby, yes? All is well with her I assume. What of her?"

She asked, confused.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 pm

"Charles made his throat clear"

You know...her family is in a difficult situation. Her father died recently, and he left his family with very few money. So, her mother, lady Maria De Salinas, wrote to me. She lives in Spain, and she also was maid of honour to Queen Katherine. She sent her daughter to court...and asked me to give her an education, and a title...

"He explained calmly, looking at her"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Anna moved around a little, getting comfortable where she sat.

"Yes? And I hear your tutoring with her is going great, that she is a good pupil. But, how does her mother think you can give her a title, by begging the King for one?"

She asked him, looking away into the fire where it dawned on her, but she said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm

"Charles took a deep breath and bit his lip"

She...she asked me to marry her...

"He could finally say with calm voice, staring at the fire"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 am

Anna stared into the fire with anger building inside her. She couldn't believe another woman was going to take Charles away from her once more. Charles was hers and hers alone.

"And are you...going to marry the Willoughby girl?"

She continued to stare into the hearth, feeling tears stream down her face.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:31 pm

"Charles could see the news was making her upset. Hesitantly, he touched softly her arm"

Anna...I gave my word to lady Maria. As duchess of Suffolk, all her family's problems would be solved, and lady Maria could come back to court. I...I couldn't refuse...

"He tried to explain, noticing tears into her eyes"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stafford's bedchamber   Anna Stafford's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anna Stafford's bedchamber
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next