The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Geoffrey entered in his chamber after leaving Isabella. He threw himself on bed tiredly. He took a sip of millk to sleep better. But he couldn't sleep that night. He kept on thinking about Isabella...
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm

The night came and fell. The sun rose. And everything is different.

My dress that I now wear is an English design and perilously low cut on the bust-it is nothing like my usual dress in Scotland, where vanity is not common place. Beneath the many under layers I have worn a chemise that conceals my modesty but even then I feel exposed.

at home I will rise in the morning and collect water to boil, I will gather wood to keep the fire burning and then prepare a meal with my mother to break my father and sisters fast. At no point will I pause to plait my hair or adjust my gown-it does not matter at home.
I will perform menial tasks but when it is summer and the days stretch longer I will ride out with the people in my village and we will dance all day and the men will teach me how to hold a bow and arrow and shoot at the target. The women will giggle as they point out the men who show an interest in me and urge me to give them my virtue but I never do.

I do not have a hood like the other women nor do I wear any precious jewels. I have caught them stare at my long brown hair as if I am a foreign creature and raise their eyebrows at the shirt ruining the look of my pale green dress.

I have spent all my time since dawn fashioning a pretty little handkerchief as thanks to Geoffrey. It is of little worth but I heartily desire he will accept it as thanks since I have no other means of showing him my appreciation.

I make the short trip from my room to his and chap lightly on the door.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Geoffrey succeded to sleep very late in the night. But once the sun rose, he stood up and started to prepare himself as always. He was putting a new pillow on bed when he heard knocking at the door. Surprised, he reached the door slowly and opened it. He felt his heart about to stop as he saw Isabella. She was wearing a new dress, looking much more beautiful than the girl he met the previous day in the kitchen. He bowed

Lady Isabella...what can I do for you?
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:47 pm

I laugh at his address and reply softly,"How many times must I tell you to call me Isabella."

I glance to the handkerchief in my hand,"I brought you this,"I say and hold out the little handkerchief with my embroidery on it,"As thanks for your kindness."
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Geoffrey looked at the handkerchief in her hand and took it slowly. He smiled, confused and happy at the same time

Oh...you don't have to disturb for me, lady...Oh! I mean...Isabella! I...appreciate this very much, thank you. Would you come in?

He said while smiling, holding her handkerchief in his hand
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 pm

I notice his eyes flicker like a moth to the flame upon my new dress at which I clasp my hands modestly before me and tilt my head a little to the side. I then point to the handkerchief and say softly,"I put the little thistles on it because there were so many at home and…the 'g' there-for your name. I hope you like it…"

I then nod and walk into the room and tuck my hair behind my ear,"I must thank you for the room-I still believe it is too grand for me though. You should not have gone to such trouble on my account and…also the dresses,"I laugh warmly and add,"They are very different…"

I then whisper,"I will try find means reimbursing you..."
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Geoffrey laughed silently and shook his head again

Oh...you have no need, Isabella. I'm glad to help you. And...this dress suits on you, really. Ehm...would you like something to drink?

He asked a bit shyly, showing her the sofa. He put her handkerchief in his pocket gently
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I take a seat on the couch and smooth of the pale green fabric as it pours over my body,"Perhaps you could fetch me some water?"
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Geoffrey nodded while smiling

Oh...of course...

He poured two glasses of water, and handed one to Isabella. Then he sat next to her holding his glass

You know...I rarely have wine in my room. It's forbidden for me drinking wine while working. But I don't mind...I don't love it very much. Have you slept well, Isabella?

He asked kindly, and took a sip from water
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I grin and take cup in my hand. I take a small sip and then raise my brows,"This tastes different to the water at home,"I laugh and glance at the clear liquid in the glass,"How strange..."

I then smile as I take another sip,"Oh yes-I have never slept in a bed such as it!"
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Geoffrey smiled kindly, without removing his eyes from her

I'm glad to hear that. I hope you could feel comfortable here. But you still doesn't know the Palace. So...I could accompany you, today. Is there some place you would you like to see, Isabella?

He asked hopefully, looking at her
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I glance down as I notice he keeps his eyes fixed firmly upon me,"How kind of you. Might you show me where I could find work?"
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Geoffrey smiled and thought for a while

Oh sure...you're right. Uhm...let me think. You told me that you can cook and sew, right? Are you sure you don't want to enter in some noblewoman's household, Isabella? It would be a great opportunity for you...

He asked, looking at her pretty face. He felt happy she asked his help, and showed her a proud smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 pm

I nod,"Yes but I am no one, Geoffrey. A noble woman would not want me to serve her..."
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Geoffrey smiled again, shooking slowly his head

Oh...I don't think so. You're so...sweet and kind, in spite of your origins. Anyway...I'd like to show you the gardens. They are very beautiful. What do you think, Isabella?

He asked, looking at her with a tender glance

Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:12 pm

I laugh softly and whisper,"You think me kind?"

I then add quietly,"Yes I would love to go to the gardens."
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Geoffrey smiled and finished his water. He left the glass on the table and looked at her

Oh...very well. Are you ready to visit them now, Isabella? I...I'm not so much busy, today...

He added shyly. He was going to say "I'd like to spend some time with you...", but he changed suddenly his sentence
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

I nod with a grin and stand up. I brush down my dress and examine myself in the mirror,"I think I need one of these hoods which the women wear here,"I look at my long brown hair that falls to my slim waist and laugh a little,"I seem to be a little out of fashion with my hair loose."

I shrug and collect my cloak and wrap it round my shoulder,"Yes, I'd like to go now."
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Geoffrey looked admired at her beauty and smiled for her words

Oh...you're not out of fashion. I think you're perfect, Isabella. Ehm...oh yes, we can go. Please, my lady...

He opened the door smiling, waiting for her to come out first
Back to top Go down
Daniel Torrez
King of the Netherlands
Daniel Torrez

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

I smile and tilt my head. I peer at him through my long dark eyelashes,"You think me perfect?"I whisper and walk out the door.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Geoffrey blushed a bit after her question. He smiled and nodded

Yes...I think you are, Isabella...

He answered whispering. And without waiting for a reply, he left the room with her
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Geoffrey came back in his room after Party. He worked hard all day and now he just wished to have rest. After eating something, he wore fastly his nightgown and lied on bed. In few minutes he closed his eyes and fell asleep
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Geoffrey was having rest in his bedroom. He took a book and kept on reading it lying on his bed
Back to top Go down
Edward V Plantagenet
Prince of York
Edward V Plantagenet

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm

The English palace was very large, the corridors were immense, and Catalina didn't see her sister´s room.
She knocked on the door of a servant asking him for help...
Is there anyone here? She asked and knocked on the door.
I´m Catalina de Albret, duchess of Lorraine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber   Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoffrey Lonshord's bedchamber
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next