The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Balcony

Go down 
+45
William Pennington
Gabriel Latimer
Rose Boleyn
Abigail Denny
Anthony Denny
Victoria Brandon
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Elizabeth Black
Mary Howard
Henry Throckmorton
Faith LeBeau
Dorothy Seymour
Clement Smyth
Philip of Bavaria
Madeline Stuart
Benjamin Baines
Anne Lumley
Katherine Tudor
Anne Parr
Catherine Parr
Edward Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Elizabeth Seymour
Elizabeth Crawley
George Boleyn
William Stafford
Francis of Navarre
William Kingston
Jane Adler
Chandra Knight
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Stephen Gardiner
Annie Wyatt
Christina of Milan
Cesare Garcia
Catherine Earnshaw
Arthur Bentley
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Jane Parker
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Balcony - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Henry grinned,"I hope he is worthy of your trust."

He contemplated he belief in this man and thought it an admirable quality.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 pm

"Since he wandered into my life I have had no reason to doubt him." She sat back against the balcony. "Perhaps fate has plans for me but I was wary at first but I like him. I like him a great deal." Her cheeks went red again and she laughed, "Do not worry I have not given him my heart yet, I am guarding myself."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 am

He nodded and nudged her shoulder playfully,"Since your family is not here then consider me your advisory - if you need a protector then consider me available."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 am

"My family is not here, well I am not important to them anyway. I am not one of the prettier Howard girls that might be used to forward the family." She rolled her eyes as she thought of the family ambitions. "I do not care if the one I end up has money or a title as long as we have each other and you, I think I might have to call you brother. I like that I have you to confide it. And I trust you." Mary bit her bottom lip. "I am even considering telling you his name, but you might have figured it out, he is very well known here at court but he has been unfairly labeled."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 am

"I don't listen to gossip and I have only arrived here- the only Cassanova I know of is myself,"he replied in jest and laughed.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am

"Well good but I have listened to gossip. You do not know my family, it is all around us and it made me very curious to met those who are spoken about so harshly." She laughed again, "Well it is not you, you are like a brother dear Henry. No the one I like has a very dark past it seems."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:14 am

"We all have a dark past, Mary. Yours is still light because you are so young. Light and dark...that seems like a fine match to me,"he replied thoughtfully and glanced at the stars.

"Look how well the bright stars become the dark sky - a perfect combination. So this Mr Smith...may be ideal."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

"You are very poetic, the light and the dark. I do not fear the dark, if he is dark then I embrace it." She nodded to him. "Mr. Smith we are calling him?" She grinned, "I like that, and I can confirm that Mr. Smith is quite charming."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:18 am

"Poetic? Well I am a vagabond traveller so I suppose it comes with the territory,"he replied.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 am

"Yes you are poetic. It suits you though." She eyed the sky and sighed. "I should retire to my chambers so I am not a dreary flower in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am

He chuckled,"Indeed,"he jumped from the edge of the balcony and bowed a little,"Good night, Mary."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:02 am

"Good night Henry." She whispered then headed back to her room.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:43 pm

It was early in the afternoon and Elizabeth's first full day in court. She had arrived last night but remained in the warm confines of her room. Today, she had decided to explore the corridors of the palace. She found herself in a very large room, it was quiet - except the hushed whispers of gossips in the corners.

Elizabeth ventured onto the balcony and peered beyond the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:50 pm

It was strange to be back at Court after such a long time.
Apparently, things seemed to be the same: the walls, the gardens, the halls and so on...
But, actually, things had changed very much, or better to say, people had changed.
I remembered a joyful Court, but now dark times were just begun.
I walked thoughtfully through the Palace after my first meeting with my father.
I remembered there was a place I really loved when I was a child: the balcony.

There were not many people around, but when I arrived at the place, I noticed a lady was already there.
"Beautiful, isn't it?" I asked approaching her, with a kind smile.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Elizabeth glanced over her shoulder, her eyes identified the lips from which the words came. She smiled and nodded, with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Mm indeed. It is nice to know there is life beyond court, past the fields and the trees."
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Charlie nodded and sighed "Yes... But what kind of life?"

He turned to the lady, keeping his smile: "I'm Charles Brandon" he introduced himself "I fear we don't know each other yet, my lady. I'm just returned to Court."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Elizabeth thought for a moment and shrugged,"A life free from the constraints of...position. Everyone is so very conceded with wealth and their titles in royal courts."

She then raised her brow again and studied his face. She laughed and looked in-front of her again,"You are too young, sir for that name to belong to you."
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm

He thought intensely to her words while looking at the landscape beyond the balcony.
He imagined a life without constrictions, rules, hypocritical words...
"But there is also much suffering out there... In a way or another, we all face our demons. Even... even if we live in big castles or in poor huts... There's no way to escape" he said.

Charlie was about to laugh at her words: many people told him those same words. Very often.
Everybody knew his father, but very few people knew about him.
"Well... You probably know the Duke of Suffolk, then. We share the same name. I'm his son..." he said with a little smirk.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:23 pm

She nodded in agreement,"I do not know your father but I have heard of him...as have many,"she replied.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Charlie nodded. He believed her with eyes closed.
He knew his father was very known... because of many things.

"Indeed... He has a very..." he tried to find the right words "... animated life" he laughed softly.

"So..." he started turning to her "You now know who I am... What do I have to do to find out who you are, my lady?" he joked.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

She smiled, bright and warm,"An accurate observation indeed. I remember even hearing of him when I was abroad but not of his son..."

Elizabeth twirled a dark strand of hair,"Well what would you like to know?"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:47 pm

"I'm his first son. But it is what usually happens when you are also a bastard..." he replied immediately with a little laugh.

She was an interesting woman.
Charlie took his time to watch her, to study her face and her expression with a curious smirk on his lips.

"I don't get any unusual accent in your words, so you don't come from abroad. However, you said you've been away: it means you travelled until now. You are a noble woman: I can see it from your dress and the care for your hair and your fair skin. Mmm... Is it too much to ask for your name?"

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 3:02 pm

"Elizabeth Black -also a bastard- and you would be correct in your assumption. I grew up in England but travelled across Europe for some years,"she replied with a knowing grin.

Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 5:47 pm

"Lady Elizabeth, then. I like your name." Charlie smiled with satisfaction, but soon that feeling was replaced with intense curiosity.

"How fascinating" he said jumping up and sitting on the handrail "Especially for a woman. Tell me more: what places did you visit?" he asked smiling "Spain? Italy? My sister is now there. France? I'd really like to go there!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 5:48 pm

"Full house,"Elizabeth replied and leaned her elbows on the balcony, her long fingers pointing to the grass below.

"I stayed in Italy and France longest - my mother was Italian you see and most of her family live there or in Spain."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Balcony
Page 25 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next