The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Queen's Bedchamber

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 pm

He could have gone on, he would have gone on. Indeed, he was prepared to force himself to forget his meetings in the morning, the parchments that had to be signed, the nobles who had to be appeased. He lingered near her but heard the door creak hesitantly behind them. He groaned quietly and sat back, glancing over his shoulder.

One of her ladies, no doubt, carrying a tray of food for them. He could see from the bed that the portion was smaller than usual, a small ceramic vase of flowers taking up most of the space. It was different to what he would have normally - clearly they anticipated she would be alone. He could help but chuckle playfully when he saw the girl's blushes. He turned to Mary and rolled his eyes playfully.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:27 pm

My lips lingered slightly in the air willing his to come back to mine as he moved away. I grew with embarrassment when poor Ivy had to walk in and find the king dressed only in his breeeches laying in my bed. This is Ivy her mother cooks most of my meals down in the kitchen. Ivy, perhaps bring something more filling for the king. Just as fast as she had entered she soon fluttered out of my room again. Most of my ladies were utter gossips as were as bad as a fish monger wife. Observing the tray I noticed that all my favourites had been made for me. The French pastry that was curled in texture like a shell and the fresh raspberry and blueberries in different bowls under a shining bunch of daffodils.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:37 pm

James smiled upon the bed and nodded politely to Ivy. She seemed to be younger than both James and Mary - her face tanned almost like James', clearly she did not have the luxury of sitting indoors all day. None the less, she seemed like a simple sort of girl - perhaps not as corrupted as the other ladies in court.

After she had set the tray down and scuttled out of the room, James was back at Mary - pulling away her sheet, "I'm starved," he said huskily and mischievously bit her neck with the slightest of pressure.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:54 pm

My feet moved restless against the sheet, a familiar yet very much welcome senstion reached the core of my flower. Oh how I wanted him like I had never done before to start our day witb hearty growns and nails upon flesh. And what would my king like to eat to satisfy that hunger of his. my smiled was as wicked as skin it curled the ends of my lips
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:08 pm

"Well," he mumbled and brought her close to him, "Aside from some ale and bread," a smirk still upon his lips, "I can think of only one thing that can truly satisfy me."

He sat back and tugged away the sheet a little more, revealing her body to him. He could not help but groan as his gaze was caught by the bewitching diadem between her thighs. He leaned in again, nudging her knees apart and settling between her thighs - his hardness pressed against her.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:18 am

This was a most pleasant surprise as I was most certain that he would want to go about his duties for the day. I trapped his legs with mine like a spider in a web. I wanted him too, I craved to wrap my lips a certain aspect of him. Perhaps the king would like to take a rest and let his queen work up and appetite instead. My voice cracked as I could feel him throbbing at my entrance causing my body to stir.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:37 am

He chuckled and moved back, brushing his hands through his hair. He wouldn't force her or hurry her into anything - it wasn't in his nature...but to see her lying before him thus, took all his might to stop. He gathered his billowing shirt from the side of the bed, sliding his arms into the sleeves as it fell past his hips and covered his morning hardness. There would be the night, he told himself - there would be many days since the country was at relative peace.

"If you insist, a ghràidh," he replied with a smirk, feigning disappointment. Presently, the same maid came into the room. James was absent mindedly fiddling with the cuff of his shirt as she entered, picking at the frayed hem.

"Thank you," he mumbled and pulled away a thread, before glancing up to the girl with a smile. He then climbed from the bed, rolling up his sleeves as he so often did and collected Mary's trays from the table. He handed her over the platter, while he thirstily drunk from the tumbler of warmed ale.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:52 am

I wasn't denying you of my body I simply wanted to please you for a change. That is why I asked you to have a rest and let me your queen do some of the work for a change. A puzzled look etched it way on to my face. Was I that hard to understand or was I clearly being lady like and not crude with my words. I threw a raspberry at him before sinking my teeth into my luke warm pastry even though I wanted to sink my teeth into him. Maybe it would be best if I slept in your chamber tonight save my ladies from staring at your roman like body every morning.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:59 am

He grinned with a good naturedly laugh, setting his empty cup upon the table as he collected a crust of bread from the plate. James padded to where she was and kissed her tenderly upon her forehead - touching his hand to her warm cheek, "I know, love," he said deeply, "I simply didn't want to force you into anything," he added genuinely in a hushed tone. Indeed, he would not have refused but he didn't want her to become a creature to his appetites. He wouldn't cajole her into satisfying his desires as and when he dictated - he respected her too much for that.

"Except perhaps...," he began playfully. His eyes flickered up to hers as perched at her side and dropped his arm upon her lap with a wink, "Getting one of your women to mend my shirts."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 am

Take whatever lady you fancy my love. I couldn't sew to save my life, neither could I cook that had never been expected of me in my life. But you could never force me into anything I didn't want. Can't you tell that I want to please you in any way that I am capable of. Tentatively I wrapped my hand around his letting my finger draw on his skin in circles. It was a trait that use to be used on me as a child on the back of my neck when I needed soothing. If only he knew how much these moments meant to me. I couldn't explain them as they were indescribable but I felt them strongly in my heart. Would you like to go riding tonight.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:00 pm

James nodded, deciding he might perhaps give the task to Ivy. She didn't seem to be a hand maiden who had come from nobility, perhaps she had a distant relative who managed to secure her the position. Yet, James had no doubt the extra coins from the task would make her life a little easier and indeed earn the esteem of crafting The King's own shirts. He knew his mother stitched his father's yet that hardly made for a good marriage. Mary was after all French and her traditions were not his traditions...she had other tricks that gave him pleasure.

He finished his bread and winked at her words, "What type of riding?" he asked with a chuckle, before adding a little more seriously, "It shall depend how today goes."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:16 pm

I was advised on not to ride as it doesn't help chances with conceiving. But I have yet to branch out and see Scotland for myself. I understand that you are busy I'll take my mother with me we can be two French women lost in a foreign land of greenery. I feigned a smile placing my tray to my left as I tumbled out of bed. My hair was thick when it want blonde in the summer it was even harder to maintain than in the winter. Perhaps you would at least like to have dinner with your wife then.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:29 pm

As she stood so did he. He collected his boots from the floor and kicked his feet into the supple leather, glancing over his shoulder at her as she did. Her shoulders were almost hunched over and he was sure that her smile was forced. He sighed and fastened his breeches more securely, tucking his shirt into his trousers - tucking his crucifix behind the billowing linen.

He wanted to spend his time with her, yet, he did have things to attend to. As much as it was tiresome to act out his duties - he was loyal to his people, and he wanted to repay their loyalty and kinship. Once she was settled into her role, he thought, she would barely have any time to spare.

"Supper yes," he said and walked over to her, his usual optimistic smile upon his lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist, "You shall barely miss me...and you know where I will be. I may be glad of a distraction," he whispered mischievously in her ear - his tone slipping from soothing to seductive, "To be pleased in whatever way you are capable of."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:23 pm

No doubt James was right and soon I would be too busy with my own duties to even care about pleasure. I was a bit eager to just do anything and everything with him. I didn't want to see our lives growing old and boring before our time. I wanted excitement and lots of it when and where I could get it. I rested my head back into his chest wrapping my arm over his. I felt safe, guarded even when he wrapped his arms around me as it felt more than just an arm. It felt like his world he had wrapped around my body inviting me in to bigger and brighter things. I'm being selfish and I apologize for that. Ifeel as though you are denying me of pleasantries.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 3:33 pm

He tipped his head down, his dark hair tumbling over his even darker eyes as his lips brushed against her collar bone. He gathered her more into the embrace, lifting her a little off the cold floor beneath them as he held her soft body capably in his arms, "Never apologise," he replied sincerely against her soft flesh and kissed the crook of her neck.

He could have stayed there and lingered - indeed, it felt as if he had barely been dressed since he saw her...but much had to be done. She had her coronation and things had been consummated, now was the time for politics - bartering the safety of the country, promoting the land and ensuring the line of succession. He begrudged his duties generally but he knew he would be King until he died...and he was determined to scorch the Tudor line and leave the history of the Stuarts ablaze.

"Je vais toujours revenir à vous," he said in broken French and settled her upon the floor. He took a few paces from her and gathered his leather doublet, slinging it over his arm. He paced to the door - eyes not leaving hers. His gaze - if it had been earnest - brightened and he grinned, youthful and playful, "My Queen," he said warmly and bowed theatrically.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

I gave myself to this moment the way that he had gathered me so delicately in his arms. My heart swelled with joy as every part of my body was awoken by his soft caresses. My eye's shut gently imagining that we weren't in my chamber, rather out in a beautiful forest with butterflies dancing around us both. That was the effect his kisses had on me. I swayed slightly as he put me down gently bringing me out of my daydream. I put my fingers to my lips, as if I was trying to keep it their forever. With less sorrow I watched him leave and head of to his duties for the day.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Mary had awoken early and made her own way back to her chamber. She wasn't sure just what to of made about the previous night. Everything that happened had felt rushed not as enjoyable like past times. It was as though James and Mary were complete aliens to their bodies. Sitting by her window a candle burning brightly next to her. She watched as the morning rain left droplets against the window. Her hair was braided into a side plait falling gently down her shoulder.

It was peace and tranquil time for Mary to watch the world awaken right before her eyes. A pot of hot tea with honey, cinnamon biscuits with Jam and scones was left on the side. Her hand was pressed gently against the growing curve of her belly. She was greatly amused by James behavior. The words he used to describe Mary she could gladly hear over and over again.

What would she say if she allowed herself to drink one too many. Would she grow a temper and start fights with whomever she saw. Perhaps the kind that would sing a merry tune only to have people hold their fingers in their ears. Mary felt a part of herself starting to envy her husband for having the freedom to go out and shake off the responsibilities that consumed him. Their was no place for Mary to go no possible way of letting her hair down so to speak. It was these quiet moments was all Mary had.

But she wouldn't change James or voice her jealousy over this as this was part of the reason why she loved him so so much. He wasn't a normal king, he was an irreplaceable king. Being part of his peoples lives, seeing how they worked how they grew up even getting drunk with them was something only he alone could do.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 pm

It was late morning when James made his way to Mary's room, the sun warming the land before the autumn came near. The court - glad of the change in weather - took themselves outside despite the light drizzle of rain and the palace was quite quiet.

He had taken the long route to be with her. Instead of walking through the little connecting door - hidden behind the tapestry of threaded gold and crimson, he spent the early morning in the chapel. James was resolute in his faith, he had a fundamental belief in a God of love and of compassion - this was whom he conversed with that morning for never had he been so blessed. Indeed, his prayers were that of all Kings: for peace and prosperity for his country, for a mild winter and good health for his people. His prayers - as just a man - were all for Mary...and their child.

Finally, he reached her chamber - holding a large, folded piece of parchment in his hand. It was stamped with the royal seal, bound with ribbon and it, was that reason for his visit to Mary. Her chamber was brighter than his, the walls pale and the windows letting in light that danced on the wooden floors. The rooms were filled with garlands and flowers, sweet smelling incense. Her ladies maids fluttered about quietly - occasionally whispering in hushed tones, with flushed cheeks as they curtsied to James. He noticed they had fashioned their garments to be imitations of Mary's, their hair falling in a similar way. However these were forced and pretty though they may be, they were eclipsed by Mary - whom he finally saw.

There she sat, rounded belly and a serene smile on her face. James paused, leaning against the wall and just looked at her - taking her all in. She was his home, he was safe.

Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:08 pm

It was the girlish giggles and hushed whispers that made Mary aware her husband was here. With a radiant smile she turned her head to the side the smile dropping as she noticed he wasn't waiting by the secret door. That was strange to see him not there. Pulling herself up Mary looked until her gaze found him casually leaning against the doorframe. A sigh of relief confirmed her happiness upon seeing him. Her ladies fluttered out of the room, leaving them alone. Mary walked to him outstretching her hands as she stood in front of James. Good morning my love how are you feeling.

Mary spoke tenderly her words floating like clouds in the sky. The paper that James held in his hand told Mary that this was not a visit of pleasure. Indeed, it would be hard to keep James in her bed now that a babe grew in her tummy. The red ribbon reminded Mary of a soldier's blood running in a rocky river. She would never forget the day her carriage back in France had driven past a brutal attack on the rich. Did my husband take up my advice and wrote me a sonnet of our love.

With a playful smile Mary winked pulling him closer as her body would allow. Grabbing James' hand Mary placed it on to her belly. Letting him feel the movements of their child.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 am

James smiled as she opened her arms to him. She was still a wonder to him, there was an undiscovered mystery about her - a carefully concealed strength, bound up and kept beneath the surface. It seemed to shine through in that moment, she seemed older and more mature - she had to be. Her voice was smooth, almost deeper and it caressed James like a silk handkerchief.

He kissed her forehead as she reached him, bending down to be at her level, whereafter he held her against his broad chest with one arm around her shoulders and his other hand upon her stomach. His touch was gentle, as his hand came to rest upon her. He was shocked at first, to feel the quickening against his hand. They are strong, he thought. A bright grin broke across his face, that one that he so often wore - a look of true joy. His thumb caressed over the soft fabric of her gown, “I have a gift for you both,” he said, addressing the curve of her stomach and then looking at her warmly.

No sonnet," he said with a chuckle, "That is the job of the artists in court. This is the gift of a King…perhaps something better,” he said and handed her the parchment. It contained the law passed by parliament, perhaps it had taken a little convincing, a few empty bribes or forceful nudges towards agreement…but it had been passed and it was for the better. It was the law that their child - son of daughter - would rule after they were gone, the law that decreed Mary absolute regent if James died. It was a law that guaranteed her safety and the divine right to rule of their child.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:45 am

Mary fitted perfectly against the side of his body, his arms were like the wings of a dove wrapped gently around her. Undoing the red tie breaking the wax seal with James signature firmly pressed in the middle. Mary unrolled the parchment reading every word. This parchment brought mixed emotions to her while Mary was grateful. An immense sadness welled up inside of her like a widow weeping the loss of her love. To James this brought relief to know that no one could touch our child. If James died in battle Mary would go to where he was killed a stone plaque would be placed marking the spot. She would weep and weep for an eternity Mary wouldn't be Queen of Scotland without her James she wouldn't. Scotland would fall to ruins without him Mary would be unfit to rule. She would lock herself up in a castle with their children and let the politicians argue and arrange brutal armies to keep the English away. Thank you for drawing up this new law. Our children shall be raised by us both I can't imagine you not by my side.

Her hand cupped his cheek as she pressed her lips lightly against him. Her tiny nose rested against his nose as her fingers stroked through his beard. Mary didn't know what else she could say she felt alone and needed her body to be as close to him. They loved each other with a love that was stronger than love. Don't think that I shall remarry as I won't your the one that I want.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:00 pm

He tipped his forehead against hers, returning her gentle kiss, coaxing her mouth open with his warm lips. He lingered a while, eyes shut and listening to her breath as he bundled her into his arms. He could feel her belly press against him unlike before, she was soft in his arms - he could feel that she did not wear a corset. His hands spanned the sides of her waist, caressing the curve of her waist. He felt as if they had been apart for weeks, yet this was not a passionate reunion - it was quiet. They spoke in hushed, furtive whispers like forbidden lovers - bound to be caught. He could not succumb to desires when she spoke of marrying again. Those words cajoled him into the role of a king. He was then a different man from the entranced husband at her doorway. He had been planning. The words he spoke were those of a king defending his kingdom.

If luck goes against me and I die, you will have to leave Scotland,” he commanded, “You will go home. The French King will keep our alliance, our treaty - he is your kin and will not turn against you. Normally, if it were not for this new law, and we had a daughter...I would tell you to wait your time, leave it for a year and then return. You would be the beautiful widow of a dead pretender - men would be mad for you. You would remember me in your prayers, I hope but I would command you to marry again. Choose a good man, one who would love you and care for you, and be happy. I would want you to be happy. But now…well now, it’s a different matter all together.”

While he wanted the little stranger in her belly - boy or girl - to have his crown, he had made things more difficult for himself. A girl would pose no threat if he died prematurely, Mary and their daughter would be safe and may live a life of safe opulence. Yet, as he had now invested the fate of a country into the hands of their first child - who could be a girl - there would be chaos upon his death if it came too soon. It was a risk he took for Mary.

My child will be heir to the throne. They will be the Stuart heir. You will have to keep them safe. You may have to put them into hiding until they are old enough to claim their rights. They can live under an assumed name; live with poor people. Don’t be falsely proud. Hide them somewhere safe until they are old enough and strong enough to claim their inheritance. Thomas and Royce, my kinsmen, will be his defenders and guardians. You can trust them to protect any child of mine."

The confident soldier returned in that moment - her young and optimistic husband, strong and unfazed by life,“But I always win,” he said with his supreme confidence, his bright flash of a grin shining over his face,“Be happy, Mary. You will not lose me on the battlefield. I will die, in my bed, with Scotland's most beautiful Queen.”
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:28 pm

No absolutely not I shall never remarry! Does my love for you not mean anything to you. Clearly not as you would dare not make such a suggestion. ~ Mary felt numbed by his words as though a block of ice was lodged deeply in her throat. She couldn't cry even though her eyes were full one more unnecessary word from him and she would fall apart. Why couldn't they just be happy for once in their time together. Rolling back up the parchment Mary put it under lock and key where no one else would find it. When and only when she needed it, would she use it not even then. To Mary you only had one great love in your life and James was it no other could take his place. Unlike other ladies her body was not consumed with the idea of sex she would go without.

Not everyone meets their soul mate. That is a bit of an understatement actually. More and more people nowadays are starting to believe that the colors are just a myth. The world can be dark, James, and uncertain, and cruel. The only thing that really matters is that we face it together. Whatever the future brings, you are my light.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:37 pm

James smiled, chuckling beneath his breath at her reaction. There was a childlike quality to how she spoke, as if he were an indulgent guardian threatening to remove her most prized doll. He did not want her to grieve over him when he died but he could not help feel glad that she would miss him as much as he would if she was taken before him. He knew that - even though he was a soldier - the chance of Mary being taken while he was still alive was great. She approached the most dangerous time in a woman's life and while he could give her every care - it was in God's hands and her sufferings would be a mystery he would never discover. He couldn't do without her yet he barely contemplated what would happen if she should leave him. He was unfailingly optimistic and was quite sure that she and their child would be alright.

"My love," he said, adding playfully as he had done the night before, "My angel. Your love means everything to me."

His hands found her waist as he stood behind her. Hunching over, he nuzzled his chin against her shoulder while his lips kisser the corner of her jaw, "It is because of you that I feel no fear and I do not dread what may come. It is because I love you that I tell you this."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 11:10 am

Mary exhaled deeply pushing her weight fully into James as her hand reaches up to touch his cheek. Like satin running over his skin. Mary ran her hand down the smooth skin of his neck, which carried the strong smell of leather and sweat. Both combined in an intoxicating odour that started a tremble in her knees. I am happy in this moment James. We shall not always be happy and we will not always love one another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Queen's Bedchamber   The Queen's Bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Queen's Bedchamber
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next