The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:48 am

Alice pursed her lips, not liking the look her husband gave her.

"There is one you serve above the king, a master that we both serve gladly, with our whole hearts and spirits.. God Himself. He cannot fail us as an earthly king can.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Thomas sighed deeply, before answering

Alice...you have to understand that I have no choice. I...don't approve what the King is doing to our Queen. But I know him since ages. I still love him...after all. Once His Holiness declared him Defensor Fidei. I think...I hope, that this still means something for him...

He added, smiling indulgently at Alice at the end of his sentence
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Alice shook her head as she smiled.

"You know I cannot be silent on these matters. Yes, the king is the defender of the faith, but everything he has been given he treats not with respect, because he knows he will obtain more and more because people always indulge him. That, in my humble opinion, is not what a king should be."

She frowned because she hated to disagree with Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Margaret looked at her father and mother shocked a little and she sighed a little 'Why must the kind be so prude to his wife, she has done nothing but be good and loyal to the King, she is his wife in God's eyes and our eyes' she said whilst looking up at her father and mother with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Alice nodded and smiled at Margaret, in total agreement with her and proud she has spoken her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Thomas tried to smile and looked at Margaret

Of course, sweetheart...but I think that the King is just...rather confused, actually. We can just pray that he won't do something...whom he can regret in the future. And you, dear...you have no need to worry about me...

He added, turning smiling to Alice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:38 am

"you know I always worry about you, you're my husband." Alice gave him a kiss on the cheek. "But if you think the king may come to see his mistakes, perhaps he will."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Thomas showed her a weak smile and nodded, holding his glass of water

Remember, my dear wife...that I'm King's servant. But God's first...I'll do nothing against my conscience...

He said seriously. Then he reassured her with a warm smile and took a sip from water
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 am

Alice smiled back.

"Now those are words I love to hear. If the King cannot see your worth.." she shook her head. "I was thinking perhaps a visit to William Roper would take things off our minds and give us something to look forward to. What do you say, husband?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Thomas nodded and smiled approvingly at her

Of course...it would be a good opportunity for our Margaret. Roper's are very good people. Trustful, and deeply catholic...

He turned to Margaret and shwed her a tender smile
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm

"Good, then it's settled. I will write to Lady Roper and see when there is an appropriate time to visit."

Alice smiled at Thomas and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek. Laughing a little, she said "Oh Thomas, do you remember when we first met?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Margaret looked up with a small smile and she took a drink from her Goblet 'If we are to visit, ask if soon as possible..i fear i cannot wait to see him' she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Thomas smiled, amused by Margaret's words

Of course, Margaret. I'm glad to see you're so pleased about our choice. This means that you trust in us...

He squeezed softly her hand and turned towards Alice

Of course I remember, my dear. You were travelling on carriage with your father, and I stopped it with mine, to ask him the way to reach the Palace. I lost myself...and I noticed a young, beautiful lady. I'm not sure if I understood your father's words very well. I was confused...

He added, laughing
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 am

[b]Alice smiled at Margaret.

"I know you are eager, my dear. It pleases me that you are so looking forward to this union, as your father and I are."

She returned Thomas's smile.

"Yes, I remember that day as well. I believe my father told you the directions three times! All the better, I thought, because I did not want you to leave my sight. I was entranced.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Thomas laughed and took her hand in his

Well...thank God, your father invited me at dinner in your house. And after few days, I already asked him to marry you...

Suddenly he saw a servant entering and delivering a message. His smile disappeared. He read it carefully. After that, he crossed himself

Dear wife...dear daughter, let's pray for Princess Margaret's soul. She passed away yesterday...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 am

[b]"I will never forget how happy I was that you asked for my hand. I knew I was truly blessed with the man God chose for me." She smiled fondly at Thomas.

Hearing that Princess Margaret had died, Alice's eyes grew wide and she put her hands to her lips. "God rest her soul," she said sadly as she also crossed herself.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Thomas put the note on table and took a deep breath

I have to attend Funeral, today. Poor Harry...will you come with me, Alice?

He asked,raising his eyes to hers
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:53 am

Alice nodded. "Of course I shall go with you." She thought of the lively young Princess Margaret, how young and beautiful she was, and how sad it was she was struck down at such a young age.. She quickly reached for her daughters hand, and Thomas's also, and was thankful she had her little family with her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Thomas took a deep breath and stood up

I think it's better I prepare myself for Funeral, then. It will be a sad event in court. But Harry needs our support, now. See you in the chapel, my dear...

He leaned on Alice and kissed softly her cheek. Then caressed slowly Margaret's head, took his hat and left the room
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Margaret sat there and sighed a little 'A Princess of England..Dead..couldn't Henry do anything to stop this?' She asked.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:17 am

Alice sighed. "Death does not discriminate, and not even kings can stop its path."
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Margaret smiled and nodded 'Mama, i hope never to be deprived of either you or father, as for i would loose my way of living, and my way in this world' she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:28 am

Alice hugged her daughter and told her "You shan't lose either of us, I promise. Your father and I will be here a long time yet."
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Margaret smiled and hugged her mother she sighed a little as she remembered the way she used to sit on her mothers or fathers knee as a baby, she got up and smiled 'It is dawning on me mother, that i am no longer a child' she said.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:38 am

"You are growing up, dear," Alice said. "Do you know how proud your father and I are of you? We've raised an intelligent, beautiful and kind young woman. And we love you so." She smiled tenderly at Margaret.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next