The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 am

Margaret smiled, blushing a little as she did 'Mother..you always know how to make me blush' she said with a laugh 'I believe i get my beauty from you, mother' she said.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Alice laughed softly and picked up a book of prayer. "I only speak the truth, daughter." She blushed as Margaret said she got her beauty from Alice herself. "I suppose we should make ourselves more available to be seen then. What say you? Shall we pay a visit to someone?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Margaret nodded with a smile 'Indeed we shall, Mother' she said 'Whom shall we pay a visit to?' she asked.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm

"Perhaps we could call on Lady Eleanor Brandon, the duke's sister? I think you two are about the same age, and she is fairly new at court." Alice knew she and her daughter never got to meet too many people, and it was about time they made some friends.
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Margaret nodded and smiled 'Of course, Mother!' she said and she stood up 'Shall we?' she asked.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Thomas entered in his wife's chambers with a wide smile on his face. He took off his hat and cleared his throat

Alice! Alice! I have to give you a great news...

He shouted with joy, looking around room
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Alice stood from her chair where she'd been embroidering. "Yes dear husband, what is it?" She smiled to see him so joyful, for lately he'd had many worries on his mind.

She embraced him and kissed him. What good news do you have my love?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Thomas hugged her back and kissed softly her lips. He looked smiling at her

Oh...Alice! I can't believe it. The King just appointed me Lord Chancellor. Can you believe?

He asked with joy, smiling proudly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am

Alice beamed brightly. "Lord Chancellor! Oh Thomas that is wonderful news indeed! I am so proud of you, husband!" She held him tighter. "And, His Majesty could not have made a better choice!"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Thomas smiled and took a deep breath

You know, my love...I refused his offer at the beginning. I felt not ready for such important job. But...you know how stubborn Harry is. At the end, I had to accept...

He explained, looking around room
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:55 pm

"You refused at first? But I suppose the king would not take no for an answer.. He gets what he wants." Alice smiled. "But just think, perhaps now you can use your influence to help bring about great things for this country!"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Thomas looked at Alice with a serious glance in his eyes

Yes...I'll do my best, of course. But he made me a promise, Alice. He promised me not to involve my conscience in things like his divorce. And...he ordered me to serve God first. Even first than him...

He smiled weakly and rubbed softly her shoulder
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 am

"I'm glad he made that promise to you." She thought, I hope he keeps that promise. "I know you will remain true to your conscience, and you have always been God's good servant." She smiled up at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Thomas nodded and caressed softly her cheek

I hope I won't disappoint him in some way. And I'll use my power to find heretic people around court. I'll find and I'll burn them, if necessary. I'll do everything to bring England to the true faith, Alice...

He said seriously, looking into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am

"I know that you will strive in every effort," she said, smiling as he caressed her cheek. Inwardly, at the thought of burning heretics Alice felt ill. "I pray you will not have to bring too many to the flames.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Thomas leaned his hands on her shoulders and sighed, looking into her eyes

Alice...I know for sure that Lutherans are everywhere. Even here at court. Once...the King ordered me to burn all heretic books. Now...as Lord Chancellor, my duty is burning all heretic themselves. I don't enjoy doing that...but it's necessary, my love. Hope you understand...

He tried to explain, noticing that his sentence shocked her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 am

She gave a long sigh, knowing what Thomas said was true. She remembered the burning of all heretic books and had thought it a good thing for Christianity at the time. But the taking of human lives was something else altogether.

"Perhaps the Lutherans could be brought to the truth of the Holy Church? Perhaps they could be given a second chance before they are damned?" She said this in a small voice, for though she was used to giving Thomas her opinion on everything, this was different.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Thomas noticed she didn't agree with him. He sighed deeply and looked into her eyee

My dear Alice...each heretic has the possibility to abjure his heresy before being burned. And I assure you...that I've never seen one of them converting to the catholic faith, even before dying. Their souls are damned...they will burn in hell. Then...what's the difference if they already burn here on earth?

He explained again, looking at her perplexed expression. He touched softly her cheek with his hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 am

Alice softly shook her head, closing her eyes and feeling Thomas' touch on her face. As she opened her eyes a tear trickled down her cheek. She hadn't known she would cry, but now all she could feel was pity for the poor souls who refused the chance to rectify their mistakes and return to the true church.

"I shall try to see it your way, husband.." She said as she quickly wiped away the tear.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Thomas sighed as he noticed her wet eyes. He dried tenderly her tears and took her face among his hands

Please...don't think that I'm happy doing that, my love. I suffer when I see their body burning among flames. But it's their choice, Alice...not mine. You know I'm against violence. But God gives me the strenght for doing my duty as good catholic. The King himself hates Luther. Or...I think so...

He added, thinking at his big matter. Then he smiled tenderly at Alice, trying to reassure her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 am

"I know you would never delight in the punishment of sinners, Thomas. You are much too good and wise for that. I only think it is so sad that these people are misguided. No one can define God in a separate space, change the meaning of His words. If only they knew better.. if only they didn't lose their way.." She had a faraway look in her eyes as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Thomas wrapped her shoulders with his arm and brought her until the sofa slowly

I know what you mean, darling. But as I told you...there are no regrets in them. They think they are right. You don't know how many times I'd like to save some of them...but I can't. I can't ignore that they refuse the Pope's authorithy and true faith..But now...stop thinking about that, dear. I don't like to see you sad...

He added with a tender smile, trying to catch her eyes[
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm

She sighed as they sat down, and tried to smile. "I apologize, Thomas. I know I should not be fretful over the decisions others make. Please, do not mind me." She smiled up at him. "Tell me, how was your day? Apart from the wonderful news of your promotion."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Thomas smiled weakly and sat next to her

Oh...my day was very well, Alice. The King made me a great honour...but this means that I'll have to replace Wolsey. I confess you that I'm worried about him. The King could...proceed against him...

He answered frowning a bit at the end of his sentence
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 am

She shook her head, expelling a sigh. "The poor cardinal! It was really not his fault.. the king asked for the impossible of a world that is so inflexible. It would be an act of God for King Henry to fulfill this wish of having his marriage proclaimed null and void." She thought of that sweet woman Katherine of Aragon, the true queen of England, and how bravely she was taking all the news. "I shall pray for Wolsey, he has served our king in every capacity humanly possible, and for him to be thrown to the wolves.. loyalty almost has no meaning anymore here at court, does it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next