The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall

Go down 
+31
Thomas Seymour
Katerina Anechka
Diane de Poitiers
Lenore Hoffman
William Stuart
Catherine Willoughby
Rumeysa Hatun
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Boleyn
Alfonsina Garcia
Noelle Hoffman
Anthony Knivert
Catherine Earnshaw
Madeline Stuart
Elizabeth Wykes
Amanda Brown
Susan Clarencieux
Elizabeth Blount
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Thomas Cromwell
Anne Grey
White Royalsun
Catherine Parr
Mary Rose Tudor
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Henry VIII of England
Margaret Wyatt
Royce Westmoreland
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
Nan Saville
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Susan entered the Great Hall - with her hands clasped behind her slender back and gown of golden damask trailing a little behind, and her long fair hair left to flow free despite the pearl encrusted hood, her fluid steps.
As there was music played and dancing everything seemed well-as it did the year prior to this. However this year it was tinged with apprehension and uncertainty-Anne Boleyn had caused a stir. Every lady in court now emulated her fashion and behaviour. It seemed as though she had wished herself upon the court and everyone was utterly bewitched by her.

Taking a goblet of mulled wine Susan proceeded further into the hall and smiled at the other courtiers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Next evening, Nan came to dinner hall again. She would like to have something to drink and listen some music. Maybe she would dance. She walked to tables to grab a drink. Then she saw a lady she saw last night. She was Susan, one of Princess Mary's maid. She walked closer to her and wondered if she could remember or not. "Susan hey"
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Susan noticed the woman from the night before, she swept a curtsey and tilted her body a little to the right and she did her hair tumbled over her right shoulder like a waterfall,"Your Grace, good evening..."

She finally noticed her attractive features although she had also heard from the other maids that she was a mistress of The Duke of Suffolk. A friend of His Majesty but known for his ways with women. He was quite simply a magnetic human which all of the English roses at court fell for. There were very little women in court whom Charles Brandon did not know. He perhaps knew more about these women than their own husbands knew. He could tell you about their birth marks or freckles ,which were hidden beneath their clothes…and under garments. He could tell you their greatest secrets and desires which they openly confessed as they lay naked beside him at night.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Nan kept on smiling her but there was something is not normal. She was looking a little bit nervous when she saw Nan's face. She took a sip from her wine and asked Susan "Are you okay?" She said curiously. She wondered what was in her mind
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm

"Yes, yes. I am well, Your Grace,"Susan said with a smile and took a sip of the mulled wine,"It was very kind of you to visit The Princess last night-I know she took great pleasure in your visit."

Susan's mind reflected to what should happen to The Princess in the future. There was talk of The Queen herself being cast aside and Her marriage to The King declared null and void. Anne Boleyn helped little with these thoughts The King had-she nurtured them like a babe in swaddling. She fed his doubts, told him The Queen no longer had her courses, whispered to him she could give him a son that he desired.
Susan pondered whether Mary would thus be declared illegitimate since the marriage between Their Majesties then be considered untrue...should Anne Boleyn succeed.

Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Nan smiled wide after Susan's sentence. She took another sip from her wine and nodded "I enjoyed that too. I came to English court 4 years ago almost but its the first time we officially met. I'm also nice to meet you too. How long have you been here with princess?" she couldnt remember Susan before. Was she new here? Also the way she looked around was really thoughtful. It was obvious Susan was thinking somethings deep.
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

"Well there are many people indeed in court Your Grace-I doubt I shall ever acquaint myself with all the courtiers,"Susan laughed softly and finished her wine,"I arrived two years ago when I was just fifteen. My mother was a lady in waiting for Her Majesty and my father a diplomat. Since then I have waited upon The Princess and also been betrothed although still I am not yet married."

As ever with marriages dowries were usually the greatest of concern and not the young couple who would soon be thrust upon each other and have to live and breed with one another. Rarely there was love and this marriage was no different.

Thomas Tonge was a boy of sixteen and Susan was just ten when preparations for their marriage began. After years of debates over dowries, it was finally decided and both Thomas's and Susan's fathers were rather pleased. Susan came from a fertile lot and Thomas came from a family of note.
However due to her youth and naivety compared to Thomas-it was decided that on the eve of her turning eighteen she should be married. Therefore she had to wait and he insisted on courting her as if they were young lovers and free with their affections...
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Nan opened her eyes wide and smiled surprised "Oh really, why we havent met since then?" she laughed silently."I thought that i knew everyone here"
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:25 pm

"Well The Princess resides at Ludlow Castle in the Welsh marches for part of the year and as such I attend upon her as a member of Her Highness' household,"Susan explained kindly and smoothed down her beautiful dress that spilled around her.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Nan nodded and smiled "Yes you're right. I was at Hampton and Whitehall since then." She looked at Susan's orange bright dress "You have a nice dress Susan"
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:42 pm

"Thank you, Your Grace. I fear it is not as pretty as yours but none the less ... thank you,"Susan beamed and glanced to her left hand, where sat the golden band on her finger. It was not usually customary for a man to give a woman a ring upon their engagement. However Thomas ,who was rather besotted, with Susan gave her the ring as a sign of his 'love and fidelity'...
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Jane walked back into the hall after going for some fresh air, she went back to her table and smiled at Susan and Nan in a friendly, kind, way and took a sip from the wine in her Goblet.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Brown
Lady-in-waiting
Amanda Brown

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Amanda walked into the hall wearing a light blue dress, she went up to the King and curtsied lowly before looking at Nan and sitting beside her 'Hello there, Susan!' She said to the woman talking to Nan and she turned to Nan 'Hello, Nan' She said.
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Susan looked to the impetuous woman who approached her-her eyebrows raised and she took a step back. Clasping her hands in front of her intricately detailed stomacher she looked to Nan. Who was this woman,"Good evening...And you are,"Susan asked as a whipser.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Brown
Lady-in-waiting
Amanda Brown

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Amanda stood up and smiled, where were her manners? she thought. 'I am Amanda Brown, Lady in Waiting for Lady Nan Saville' She said and she curtsied lowly to where her knees were nearly touching the floor and she lifted herself back up again.
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:18 pm

"Lady Brown,"Susan said and bowed her head- a little bit unsure of this woman. She tugged on her stomacher and adjusted her hair that tumbled to her waist,"How did you know my name?"
Back to top Go down
Amanda Brown
Lady-in-waiting
Amanda Brown

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Amanda opened her mouth to talk and smiled 'I heard my Lady Nan say it before i reached the table' She said and she moved abit of her delicate brown her from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Susan Clarencieux
Lady-in-waiting
Susan Clarencieux

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm

"I see,"Susan replied curtly and glanced to Nan,"Well I shall leave you to be with Her Grace,"she added quietly.

Susan swept a graceful low curtsey and rose with ease,"Good evening..."
Back to top Go down
Amanda Brown
Lady-in-waiting
Amanda Brown

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Andrea nodded with a smile and sat down beside Nan, and looked at her 'Is there any gossip?' She asked.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Nan watched their conversation for a while and then curtsied with a smile to Susan while she was leading "Nice to see you Susan" She said and looked at her lady in waiting Amanda "Hey! Where have you been? I missed you!" she hugged her happily.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:22 am

Thomas Cromwell wrote:
Thomas walked into the hall, wearing his dark robes as usual. As he walked in her was announced and she walked with grace to The King and Queen and bowed 'Majesties' He said with a smile and he turned to Margaret 'Your Highness' He said before looking at Henry and smiling and he sat down at a table hoping to catch sight of his wife.
Elizabeth walked into the large hall, and looked around. And, she searched the half of the room as she looked for her husband. "He just has to be here. He just has to be here," she said. She stopped and fianlly spotted her husband. And, ran to her husband. "There you are," she said happily kissing him.

Last edited by Elizabeth Wykes on Thu May 24, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:04 pm

I walk in the great hall, dressed in my finest gown, with my long golden locks flowing freely down my back. I shyly look around and seat myself at a table, accepting a goblet of wine.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Amanda Brown wrote:
Andrea nodded with a smile and sat down beside Nan, and looked at her 'Is there any gossip?' She asked.

I walk towards the table where all the ladies sit and I see an empty chair, so I take it. For this occasion I have left my hair down and I am wearing my nicest gown. I smile to the ladies and curtsy.

"Hello ladies, my name is Catherine and I am one of Queen Catherine's ladies."
Back to top Go down
White Royalsun
Queen of Alderia
White Royalsun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Queen White smiles kindly and nods at the lady and continues talking with one of her maids
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/messages/100002043148502#!/profile.php?
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:26 pm

I walked into the Great Hall and joined Henry and Charles. I took a goblet of wine and admired all the new faces, especially all the beautiful women.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next