The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

New Year Celebration

Go down 
+29
Anthony Knivert
Thomas Howard
Jane Parker
Lorenzo Campeggio
Margaret of Austria
Margaret Sheldon
Margaret Wyatt
Diane de Poitiers
Nan Saville
Thomas More
Elizabeth Blount
Edward Seymour
Charles Brandon
Isabel Leigh
Katherine of Aragon
Thomas Boleyn
Charlotte Dashwood
Francis Weston
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Fatma Sultan
Alfonsina Garcia
Royce Westmoreland
Mary Tudor
Mary Rose Tudor
Emilie De Fontanay
Anne Boleyn
Henry VIII of England
Geoffrey Lonshord
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

New Year Celebration - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Henry watched his friend Thomas leaving silently. Then he saw a young lady approaching him with her gift. A servant whispered her name into his ear. He looked at her with a smile

Lady Mytforth...welcome, and thank you for your gorgeous gift. You have no need to explain how precius it is. Enjoy the party...and Merry Christmas!

He smiled again. His eyes were still looking for Anne. He finally saw her talking with lady Nan. He knew she was her best friend. Once he noticed they were glancing at him, he nodded with his head and smiled at them
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Anne saw that Henry was watchning them.She bowed and turned to Nan

"Cardinal Campeggio is at the court.He is here because of the big matter.."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I enter the hall with my servant- I know I am not alone but I do feel a little self conscious. I wear my beautiful golden gown which is intricately designed with cloth of cold and sparkling beading.
I also wear a delicate necklace around my slim neck-a gift from my brother for Christmas. My tousled hair is tied up, braided and plaited. It looks beautiful and reveals my décolletage and expensive necklace.

I enter the hall and some people look at me- I modesty look down. I hope His Majesty and Her Majesty will appreciate their gifts. I had them commissioned some months ago so they would be complete and perfect for these celebrations this coming Christmas tide.

Their Majesties sit on their thrones overlooking the festivities. I decide to approach them and give them their gifts. As I get closer a servant approaches and asks me my name- I inform them and the servant returns to the kings side and whispers my name. I bow deeply as the king looks at me. I glance up as I am called forward.

I then take a few mores steps forward and bow once more,"Your Majesties..."

I glance at the king and the the queen,"Gifts for Your Majesties, with my love..."

The servant first approaches the king and opens a box which is also as beautiful as what it contains...

The servant bows and then takes the queens gift and presents it to her...

"To remind us all,"I whisper,"The true meaning of this Christmas tide."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Henry VIII of England wrote:
Henry noticed his daughter Cordelia and smiled weakly at her. This was the first time he met her officially. He took a breath and looked at her

Cordelia...my daughter. I'm happy to see you, finally. Your gift is...really beautiful. I'd like you could feel free to meet me more often. We have many things to talk about. Merry Christmas...

He gulped and smiled at her. After her, he saw Thomas Boleyn coming. He nodded and looked at his gift

Thomas...I wish you an happy Christmas. I'll have a good reason to be happy in the new year...

He said meaningfully. But as he finished his sentence, a servant showed him Katherine's gift. A Bible...a catholic Bible! He turned to Katherine and smiled weakly at her. Then leaned on her

I'd like having dinner with you, later...

As he finished to wishper this sentence, he saw Anne coming with her gift, made by her own hands. He smiled

Lady Anne...I appreciate your gift. I wish you a very happy year. And you'll have it...

He said loudly, so everyone could hear him. Then glanced at Wolsey

I see and realise Henry's responce to lady Anne. I see there is nothing I can do in this moment, so I sit back and accept it. I will be brave and I will be strong. I will not ruin evening for this. It's my crown and my England, I am the Queen, and that shall never change! Henry will grow tired of her, eventually once he has had her in every seance of the word, then he will come back to me. So I smile sweetly back at the King and Anne..
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Henry looked at Katherine. He noticed she was glancing secretly at Anne and bit his lips. Servant's voice removed him from his deep thoughts and turned to people again. He saw a beautiful, blonde, young woman, bringing her Christmas gift. He smiled at her

Lady Craven...the Queen and I appreciate your gifts. I welcome you at court and I wish you Merry Christmas...

He smiled at her again, while servant was taking her gifts. Then glanced at Katherine again and rolled his eyes
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 pm

"A pleasure, Majesty. Merry Christmas,"I say softly as I smile warmly. I then bow once more and fade into the crowds...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Elizabeth Craven wrote:
"A pleasure, Majesty. Merry Christmas,"I say softly as I smile warmly. I then bow once more and fade into the crowds...

"Lady Craven, I don't believe I have seen you for quite some time. You must come visit me sometimes .We shall take a walk in the new year, for I know there must be something for us to talk about."

Smiling at the King I continue

"We thank you most graciously for your generous gifts, which you bestow upon us. They are so extravagant, we can not be more thankful. To show you my thank's, I would like to ask you to join me and my ladies in a dance later"

The King I can see going along with all this clear excited for the dancing, where he may be able to catch another moment with lady Anne
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I look back as The Queen talks to me and bow deeply as she speaks,"Of course, Your Majesty. It would bring me great pleasure and delight."

I smile but notice the sadness in Her eyes as His Majesty looks at Lady Anne Boleyn...
I bow and walk away from their majesties...
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:42 am

~Mary smiled sweetly at her father and motioned to her governess to present the gift. Her smile was wide across her face.
"Papa," she whispered, "Mama and I worked on embroidering this fine shirt for you. Do you like it?"

Her eyes searched her father's face and she held the fabric close to her. She wanted her father to be so pleased with it. It would make her heart sing.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Thank you very much, Your Majesty. bowed deeply and smiled, stepped back and while going away, took a goblet of wine from a passing servant. Approached dark corner of the hall and sat down.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Margaret entered in the Hall, looking carefully around. It was very crowded, and she was not used at that. She put a smile on her face and walked slowly towards King and Queen. Little Mary was sitting on King's lap. She smiled tenderly seeing such sweet familiar scene. She could hardly believe he was trying to destroy this family. Then she bowed and showed him her gift "With my best wishes, Your Majesty..."

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Henry turned his tead towards Mary and smiled at her. He looked admired at her gift and caressed softly her cheek

Oh...it's the most beautiful gift I've ever received, sweetheart. Of course I like it. Thank you, my heart...

He leaned on her and kissed softly her forehead. Then glanced at Katherine. She surely helped Mary to make her gift. So smiled weakly and nodded with his head, meaning "Thank you". Then he turned to people again and smiled at a blonde, nice lady. A servant told him her name. Wyatt! She was Thomas Wyatt's relative. Anne's first love...He showed a careless smile and looked at her gift

Lady Wyatt...welcome at court! I wish you the best for coming new year. Thank you...
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 am

~Princess Mary smiled sweetly at her father and kissed his cheek again. She was so proud that he adored her gift. She elegantly removed herself from his knee and curtseyed deeply. She was a pretty little girl with all the grace and beauty of her mother and then some. She turned her head to her mother and smiled at her. She headed over to sit near her. She loved her mother exceedingly and wanted to see her. Her Father had important matters to attend anyways. She glanced around at all the beautiful gowns of the ladies and headed over to her most fair and regal mother.~
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 am

Margaret held her head high as she entered the Great Hall. She was wearing black velvet gown with gold accents. She was the cousin of Anne Boleyn and she was quite beautiful. She,too, wanted to pay her respects and present His Majesty with a gift. She smiled seductively and curtseyed before the King and waited anxiously for his glance.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Anne looked at Katherine for a moment and turned to Nan

"Katherine is watching me! Her eyes always on me! Look at them, Mary is with them but I can understand Henry wants to come here"

She giggled and continued

"I hate formality!"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Henry helped Mary to leave his knees to join Katherine. He smiled weakly at them. Then he saw a young lady approaching him with an attractive smile on her face. He learned from a servant that she was Anne's cousin. Then he made his voice clear and smiled at her

Lady Sheldon...hope you enjoy the festivities. I wish an happy new year to you and your family...

His eyes turned slowly towards Anne at the end of his sentence
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Margaret entered the Great Hall and made slowly her way through the crowd.
When she approached the king and queen she smiled encouraging at Catherine and then founded her eyes on the king. She had not seen him for a long time and she noticed the changes in him.
She smiled friendly and bowed deeply.
Your Majesty, I wish you a very happy New Year, on behalf of my country, the Low Lands. I hope you accept this gift which is made by hand, a Brussels sides collar...

She nodd and turned at Catherine and little Mary.
... and for you, my dear sister, I have also a Brussels side gift, a range... and also one for you, sweet niece!

Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 am

~Lady Sheldon flashed her pretty smile and brightened when His Majesty spoke to her. He was bewitched by her cousin and she knew this, but still she was pleased when the King paid any little attention to her. Her gift was presented to the King.

"Your Majesty," she spoke softly, "I thank you for your kind words and I do hope you find a little pleasure in my gift."

The King's eyes were staring at Anne Boleyn. She felt a pain of jealously, but she maintained her composure. Her gift was quite lovely. It was a beautiful and ornate pair of goblets.

Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 am

~Mary could hardly contain her excitement as her aunt handed her the fine gift. However, as the Princess of Wales, she always mainted her fair composure. She smiled brightly and curtseyed in thanks.~

"I thank you most exceedingly, my Lady Aunt," she said with elegance. Mary admired the finery of lace.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Lady Sheldon's voice made Henry turn towards her again. He looked at her goblets and smiled again

Oh...I thank you for your gorgeous gift, lady Sheldon. Please, feel free to visit me whenever you wish. You'll be always welcome...

He said with a meaningful smile. After all, she was very close to Boleyn's family. After she left, he saw his old friend Margaret and smiled friendly at her

Lady Margaret...I'm glad to see you at court. Thank you for your beautiful gifts. I know Low Lands are loyal allied. The Queen and I wish you sincerly an happy New Year. Enjoy the festivities...

He said kindly. Then smiled for Mary's answer: she already knew how a Princess have to behave...
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Margaret smiled warmly and nodded approvingly at his words.
Thank you, Your Majesty... we certainly respect your country as a trustful ally. I am very pleased to enjoy the festivities at your court.

She smiled at princess Mary who could barely hide her enthusiasm.
Allow me to compliment you for your daughter who behaves very royal and has become a beautiful and elegant young lady!

She curtseyed and while she left, she passed Mary and whispered in her ear.
I do hope you like it, I think it fits you, equally beautiful and delicate.
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 am

~Mary observed the conversation between her Father and Aunt. She sat very still with her hands crossed carefully in her lap. She smiled with grace at her Aunt's compliment about her behaviour. It pleased Mary exceedingly. Her eyes shone with enthusiasm. Life was good.

When her aunt curtseyed to her Father and left, she leaned over and whispered in her ear. She had hoped she liked the gift. Mary took the liberty to quietly respond.

"Yes," , Mary whispered, "I am most fond of it. Thank you again." She nodded to her Aunt knowingly.~
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:08 pm

~After Margaret left His Majesty, she stared at her cousin. She truly wanted to speak with her. She wanted to hear all about how things were going. She tossed her red curls behind and tried to get Anne's attention. Her blue-green eyes met Anne's eyes and she smiled. She tried to motion her over.~
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Lady Anne walks through the room as everyone fawns over her and Campeggio and Thomas More watch from the upper balcony.

"Is that girl Henry’s willing to sacrifice his most gracious and loving queen for?"

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Thomas was looking at Anne Boleyn smiling happily from balcony during festivities. He nodded sadly after Campeggio's question

Yes...lady Anne Boleyn. She is the woman the King is putting in danger his marriage for. Because of a younger and prettier Queen...

He answered. Then he turned his eyes towards Anne again

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration   New Year Celebration - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Year Celebration
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next